OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Nicolas entered the Great Hall and glanced about, it was empty but he could tell the elves had already set up for the ceremony to follow. This was the first time that he would be initiating a school-wide ceremony and it frightened him a little bit. Alicia still hadn't been found and now the school year was concluding, she had to be found over the summer otherwise Nicolas was sure the Ministry would step in and install a new headperson.

Nicolas stepped up onto the raised platform with the podium and the staff table behind it. He placed a scroll on the podium and looked out once more across the Great Hall, he didn't know hoe this was going to go or how people would react to the fact that it was not the Headmistress conducting this ceremony, how it may remind them all of her absence. He frowned slightly, knowing that he had to do this but wishing Alicia was here to, before he sat down at the Staff table and waited for the rest of the assembly to gather.

Soon enough the hall was filled with students, each house at it's own table and a murmur of voices filling the room. Nicolas stood and walked toward the podium, raising his hand to silence the crowd. When the hall fell silent Nicolas smiled then looked across each house table before speaking, "It's been another great year at Hogwarts." He began, knowing that such a statement very much depended on your point of view. For instance, it had not been such a great year for him but he made the statement nevertheless. "I'd like to begin by thanking each of you for making this school year as wonderful as ever. Next, I'd like to bid our guests from Hogwarts in Scotland and from Durmstrang goodbye and thank them for having come here for the TriWizard Tournament. I know we've all very much enjoyed and appreciated your company." Nicolas nodded toward the Headmistress of Durmstrang and then the one from Scotland before he focused his attention back to the crowd as a whole.

"Now for what I'm sure you've all been waiting for -- the House Cup!" There came great cheering as Nicolas mentioned the cup and he held his hand up once more to hush the room. "This year it was as tight a race as ever, each house striving for this goal and only one being able to achieve it. I am pleased to announce that this year the House Cup goes to..." Nicolas paused a moment at this point to create a little more suspense. "GRYFFINDOR!" Great cheering erupted from the Gryffindor table as scarlet and gold banners fell from the enchanted ceiling of the hall to herald the house's victory. "Congratulations, Gryffindor, and best of luck to ever house for next year, I'm sure it'll be another great competition."

Next, Nicolas simply clapped his hands, "Let the feast begin." The house tables were instantly filled with mountains of food as Nicolas retreated back to his spot at the staff table, glad the year was finally over.

Mike entered the Great Hall slightly later than others, but none the less, he had turned up. Mike made his way to the Gryffindor Table, and sat beside familiar faces. Mike patiently waited for Professor King to step forward for a little end of year speech. Mike decided to take this few minutes to reflect upon the year. Well what can I say, this year has been super enjoyable, what with the Triwizard Tournament happening, 3 schools of magic uniting,Dad and Ben becoming successful in getting a job at the ministry, me : making new friends, seeing old faces, getting a part time job at Honeydukes, helping Kat out at the SDA, and becoming Keeper for Gryffindor. But then Mike turned to the dark side of the year, what with the fiasco and the Kidnapping of Professor Barker. It had been terrible, how could they, whoever they were, kidnap her?

Soon after Professor King stepped forward, and Mike shifted his attention to him, and listened intently while Prof. King gave his speech. Mike perked up even more, when Nick went on to the House Cup, and announced that Gryffindor had been successful in winning the house cup. Cheers erupted from the table, Mike jumped up and down, and watched as banners supporting the Gryffindor colours appeared. Soon after all the pandemonium died down, Prof. King clapped his hands together and food appeared as if by magic. Mike looked around, and decided to tuck in.

Kyle walked into the great hall and looked around for someone he knew, he seen Mike and walked over to him."Alrighty Mike." He said and took a seat as he listened to the speech that Professor King made. When the feast began. Kyle started to eat.

Kate walked into the Great Hall with some friends, ready for the ending ceremony. As the rest of the hall arrived in, Kate finally waited for someone to come up and run it like everyone had said would happen. Suddenly Kate realised that this year, her first year ending there wouldn't be the proper head to end it. Feeling a pang of pain at the thought of Professor Barker being somewhere she probably wouldn't ever wish to be. Kate ran a hand through her hair as Professor King did a little speech and then got everyone ready to do the House cup.

Kate smiled around at her friends and clenched her fists.
Gryffindor Kate sighed and joined in with the clapping. It was a shame that Hufflepuff hadn't one but it was good that Gryffindor had. Kate looked around for Hollie and finally saw her. Waving at her she smiled and shrugged. Well done! She mouthed, but whether Hollie was looking and understood, she didn't know. The banners changed and then the feast began. Kate tucked herself in slowly and started a general chit-chat amongst her friends.

Nina walked into the Great Hall sadly, she would miss it here, as she walked along she spotted Harri and she said, "I hope you don't mind me joining you, I can't find Alex in this mess." Nina smiled at her friend then she took a seat beside her and her Gryffindor counter parts, she looked out of place wearing her Hufflepuff, Hogwarts Scotland robes but that didn't matter to her she just wrapped her arm around Harri's shoulders and said, "It's gone by so fast, I'm going to miss you girly." Then she spotted Professor King stand up to speak like Professor Theaton had done every year to say who had won the House Cup, it was always Gryffindor and for some reason Alex was always top points earner for Hufflepuff. Nina smiled at the thought of him. When he announced that Gryffindor had won the table exploded in claps and smiles and she clapped simply to the other Gryffindors at the table and she smiled when the table died down she looked around her hoping to find anyone else she had met, before, she would be leaving soon and it was quite sad, she wanted to bid them all good bye before she left, and this would be difficult.

Onyx Midnight was seated at the Staff table, looking around as the students filed in. She recognized a few just by looks from the past month when they'd practically lived in the library as she did. She did not, however, know any of their names and made a note to get to know the students and faculty here a bit better next term. There was one staff member besides her fellow librarian that she knew and he was currently calling the students to order.

He began with the usual folly about it being a good year, but she had noticed the lines of stress that filled his face their headmistress's absence had cause him and she knew he spoke those words for the benefit of the students. She watched him, glad he was doing such a good job filling in for Alicia, whetehr he new it or not. If she ever got up the nerve to talk to the cold deputy-headmaster and dada professor, she would certainly tel him as such. He was only a few seats down, perhaps she could take the oppurtunity to start on her end of the year resolution now and make conversation with her fellow staff members.

And then the moment she knew the kids were waiting for, the announcement of who won the house cup. It was apparent who it would be. Gryffindor had a 1000+ points lead on Slytherin, and they were ahead of her favorite house in particular, Ravenclaw by over a thousand, and even Hufflepuff was 300 or so points over Ravenclaw. That's alright, she thought, looking at the table, you'll get them next year ladies and gentlemen. Of course, the hall was filled with and eruption of cheers and stremers and banners depicting a brave lion posed for an attack in maroon and gold. She claped along with everyone, thinking again of Ravenclaw as she watched a Gryffindor boy hoot and holler, obviosuly gald his house had won, another not as enthusiastic but still glad he'd won sat beside of him, and a girl who had a look of bitter defeat in her eyes, clapped wiht sportsmanship from the hufflepuff table. And then a girl from Hogwarts Scotland walked in, clothed in yellow and black, and sat witht he Gryffindors, cheering them on as well.

Then Professor King ended the ceremony with a simpole "Let the feast begin" and the table was filled with food. She sipped plain water from her goblet, never having a particular liking for pumpkin juice. She then proceeded to pick at a piece or two of chicken on her plate, nibbling and waiting to see if anyone at her table would say anything so she could jump in, or if she would have to break the ice. She was a touch stern, but it was a front to hide her shy interior that was winning over lately. She didn't want to live out her days, day in and day out int he library with no friends and plenty of 'enemies' in the form of students she'd hushed during exams.

Bruin felt compelled to attend the End of Year Feast as a Prefect and one of the older and supposedly more mature members of the student body. He knew that the school's administration was in an awkward position, what with a kidnapped Headmistress and the ominous warning still hanging over the school like a black cloud.

Bruin himself was struggling a little with how to behave, part of him wanting to grow up and try and contribute in whatever small way to helping solve the problem and bring back the school's beloved Headmistress. The other part of him simply wanted to ignore the trials and tribulations of the adult world and just enjoy his time as a student...to be a big kid and just enjoy the wonderful world of magic unfolding around him.

He settled in beside Mike and some of the other Gryffindors, making idle chatter until Professor King rose to deliver his speech. Bruin listened attentively to the man whom he admired and let out a cheer when Gryffindor was announced as winner of the House Cup again, although his cheer was more resevered than it had been in previous years.

Bruin enjoyed the remainder of the feast, a little saddened that it would be a couple of months before he would sample the fine food of HNZ again.

Harri walked into the great hall with a smile on her face, she couldn't wait to get home for the holidays, as she walked in though it suddenly hit her, next year Nina wouldn't be here. It was weird to think it would go back to being just Hogwarts New Zealand kids running around the place. She took her place at the Gryffindor and had only been sitting down for a few moments when Nina came along, she gave her a huge hug "I'm gunna miss you loads!" she said, "And of course I don't mind, only the best for the best!" she said winking.
"Promise you'll write," she said suddenly serious, she was about to carry on when Professor King, her Head of house stood up. She had alot of respect for him so she stopped and turned.
While he was speaking she couldn't help but await the results of the house cup. They had won last year and she just hoped they had done enough to win it again.
When Gryffindor was annonced the winners Harri began clapping and whooping manicly, "Way'd it go guys," she said grinning as the Gryffindor colours hung proudly from the ceilings.
When the feast began she ate happily, glad that for the second year running whilst she was here they had won the cup.

Nina gave Harri a tight hug back and then said, "Awh Harri you're a doll." Nina chuckled then when Harri asked her to promise to write Nina nodded her head once and said, "Of course, promise you'll write back." Nina gave Harri a wink then when they had begun to eat she said, "So tell me, why is Gryffindor always the House Cup winner and why is Bruin always the Top Points earner? I saw it in the Trophy Room a little while ago." Nina chuckled a little then took a bite of her food.

Another year had come and gone. Kat couldn't believe that this was the end of her third year here. It seemed just like yesterday that she was a first year and she smiled at how much she changed over her time here. This particular year had been a whirlwind if nothing else. She'd had her ups and downs (though admittedly there had been far more downs), but they were just life events that she'd learn from. Kat had grown closer to the friends that she already had and made several new ones, but in turn she'd also made a few enemies.

Kat took her seat with the rest of her house, greeting each of her friends with a beaming grin. When Professor King stood up to address the entire Great Hall, Kat stopped the chattering and listened intently. As he spoke, Kat wondered what the upcoming year would bring. Would the headmistress be found? And if not, who would be put in her place permanently? Things were going to change at Hogwarts New Zealand. Kat was sure of it, but whether or not that change would be for the better she was still uncertain. She was pulled from her thoughts when she heard her houses name be announced. They had won the house cup. Perfect ending to a not so perfect year. A joyous applause rang out from her entire table and Kat was right there along with them. She hugged a few of her friends and then looked all around her. She saw the Gryffindors from Hogwarts Scotland were joining in on the celebration. It would be odd to not be sharing the castle with two other schools next year, but it would also be a great relief.

Once the short celebration was over with (or more so quieted a bit) the feast began. Kat took her seat once again and enjoyed her meal, surrounded by good friends and some that had become more like family.

Bruin overheard Nina's question and waited to finish the mouthful of food before replying. "It's because I cheat....and I taught the rest of the house to cheat to, just not as good as I do." He deadpanned, not knowing if Nina would believe him or not.

Nina chuckled softly then said, "You know if you weren't a Prefect, Head Boy, and Quidditch Captain I'd believe you, Gryffindor always wins back home as well." Nina smiled nicely at Bruin then asked him curiously, "Why were you wearing a dress earlier this week?" Nina playfully raised her eye brows at the older boy then took cut her food into a small piece then took another bite while waiting for his response.

Alyssa sat next to her band of Slytherin friends and folded her arms acrossed her chest and thought about the year that had passed. This had been a truely hetic year and Alyssa prayed that her second year would be with way less drama.

She loved drama...just not when she was involved in it. Alyssa secretly wondered if Henri would ever come back as well. It was hard to believe that his parents were strict enough to send him away during the death eater attacks. It was hard to admit that she was going to miss him....even if she thought he was annoying.

When Professor King announced that Gryffindor won the house cup Alyssa immediantly scrunched her nose together with slight disgust. She did however clap politely. Although the Slytherin's did better than the previous year, they still didn't win. Alyssa was sure that next year the Slytherin house would take the cup from right under the Gryffindor's noses.

After all the announcments were said the feast had begun. Alyssa looked at her friends curiously to see if they were going to eat anything.

"Hey Kyle, you ok?" Mike asked the first year. Mike watched as more familiar faces, came to the table. "Hey Bru, and Kat, and Harri" Mike said, watching as Bruin sat near him.

Steph rushed into the great hall, she was late, again. Sighing she walked to the Gryffindor table, everyone around her was clapping, Steph lent in to talk to Harri, 'Did we win?' Steph asked taking some food from the plate that just appeared in front of her.

Bruin turned back to Nina, figuring he would continue on his current streak of not really delivering a proper answer. "All the rest of my clothes were dirty..." He said with a smirk. "You know how it is at the end of term..."

Mike who couldn't help listening in, snorted some of his pumpkin juice up his nose, and started to cough while laughing at the same time. "God l, Bruin, you aren't half witty at some times, ya know that?" Mike said to him grinning.

Harri nodded, "Of course," she said, she would write to Nina as often as she could. She laughed at Ninas question, "Because we're the best, right guys?" she said winkning, "Hey Mike," she added. She turned as Steph entered and sat down, "What do you mean did we win? Of course we won," she said laughing as her hands indicated the Gryffindor banners hanging from the ceiling.
Harri laughed, "You were wearing a dress captn?" she asked still laughing. "So wheres lover boy Nina?" she joked grinning, she hadn't seen Alex around in a while.

Hollie was amazed to hear that Gryffindor had won the House Cup during her first year! She wasn't sure whether she'd interpreted Prof. King's words right until she caught sight of Kate waving at her from the hufflepuff table with a congrats. She mouthed back a 'thank you' and then began to tuck in, feeling happy surrounded by all of her fellow winning gryffindors.

Alex had just started reading a book when he suddenly remembered the end of year feast was on. Damn it, he thought and put his robes on in a rush. By the time he had arrived the feast had already begun and started. Alex smiled, spotting Nina at the Gryffindor table and decided he'd just go sit over there as well. Alex heard Harri ask her where someone was as Alex came up behind them. 'Who is?'he asked wondering what they'd be talking about. 'Hi by the way'he added smiling widely and taking a seat next to them and trying to sort his appearance out quickly.

"Right on cue," Harri said laughing as Alex appeared, "Hey Alex," she said grinning. "Gryffindor won!" she added happily looking down the table at all the happy Gryffindors. "Long time no see, how've you been?" she asked, nibbling feebily on some dinner.

Alex became puzzled. 'What's right on cue?'Alex asked before rolling his eyes at her statement. 'I couldn't of guessed that by myself at all'Alex said jokingly. 'Alright, you?'he asked before taking a roll and starting to eat it.

Nina giggled and joked, "You looked very sexy Bruin, you know the bunny was very tempting, but 'lover boy' as Harri put it is right here." Nina giggled then she looked up at Alex and she moved over so Alex had some room then she gave him a kiss on the cheek and smiled and said, "Harri's feeling a bit silly." Nina smiled softly at him then took a bite of food.

Harri grinned, "Oh I know. Thought I'd just help you along the way!" she said happily, Gryffindor had won both years she had been here and she loved it!
"Am I?!" she asked laughing as Nina said she was feeling silly, "So you two still going as strong as ever I see!" she said laughing happily and eating a little more before putting down her knife and fork and simply drinking.

Nina blushed a deep red at Harri's words then she took a sip of pumpkin juice as she twirled some of her blond hair in her fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back