Eating Breakfast

Athene Perthro

Athene sat down at the Slytherin table in the great hall, which was laden with an assortment of foods. She picked out some bacon, an egg and a piece of toast. The egg was slightly runny; just how she liked it.

There was a lot of chattering from other students, despite it being a Sunday morning. Although the hall wasn't nearly as full as it was on the days that lessons were held.

A flask of Pumpkin juice sat a few feet down the table, but she ignored it with distaste. She hated pumpkin juice.

Ravenclaw table was beside the Slytherin table, Kasey had just finished her sunday breakfast and had decided to go to the owlery to write to her brother.As she passed she saw a slythrin girl who was just about to start aher breakfast,she decided to give her a push if it could mak eher a bit angry.Sh ehad heard of th egirl previously from many of her friends who descirbed her as rude and unfriendly but she thought it would be good to see for herself how she was.She pushed the girl and as she walked without saying sorry she heard a glass fall on the ground and crash behind her.

A small pygmy owl swooped down on the Slytherin. He could sense the more or less the person that the letter it was carrying was ment for so he landed infront of Athene and stuck it's leg out to give her the letter from her uncle.

((You should make a character of an owl, lol ^_^))

Athene was just about to take the letter from the owl, when someone pushed her hard in the back.

She tore the letter from the owl and wheeled around.

"Watch it!" she snarled, and then noticed it was a Ravenclaw. She stood up, and pulled out her wand
"You did that on purpose!"

(((I believe there are owl characters, or at least one, Tufty. It's sorted under staff, I think it was made for the possibility of a mail delivering service, but I'm not sure if that is going to happen for the Post Office.
Also, do you think that the letters sent in role plays should be visible to everybody? I mean if they are IC letters people might as well know OOC right? And nobody could really say they know what it said IC? I don't know, I am spewing ideas again XD )))

((Athene hasn't even read the letter yet. I don't really know what you were getting at, sorry Nick. If what your saying is, that a character should have to RP reading a letter and writing it, then I agree. And Thanatos has already RP'd writing it, and Athene will RP reading it, when she's finished with Kaela.))

(((No, I think I was more saying that after a character role plays writing it the owl or whatever should post something like this (maybe?):
Owl said:
A small pygmy owl swooped down on the Slytherin. He could sense the more or less the person that the letter it was carrying was ment for so he landed infront of Athene and stuck it's leg out to give her the letter from her uncle.
Letter said:
Hello Athene,
I am doing very well, how are you?

Your Uncle,
Bob

And then the character can role play reading it, just so that people can know what the letter says without having to find other role plays. )))

(((Well you role play opening it sometime after it's dropped, it'd also be so that the owl wouldn't have to send you a PM with the letter, it's easier for readers to just see what it says and then see a reaction to it whenever it's opened and not have to go searching for what it says.
I don't know, I could be drastically wrong, I'll stop now :) . )))

((True, but some people may like to keep letters private, even OoC. I mean, the Death Eaters requested a closed forum for that same reason; they didn't want people to know what they were planning, even out of character. Roleplays are often better if other people have no idea what the other character is going to do. Letters are often personal messages between two characters, and may contain something important.

Besides, what if this letter contains Death Eater plans? Once someone OoC knows what is in it, they'd be keen to try and make their character get their hands on it.

Anyhow, Athene will be opening it here in the great hall anyway (Unless something happens and she and Kaela have to leave), so your curiosity will be satisfied soon enough.))

(((But the people who let their OoC knowledge get into their character IC are told off frequently :) .

Oops I said I would stop, stop me!!!! :(()))

((lol, but arguing with you is so much more fun.

And telling them off isn't going to change the roleplay.

And, as I mentioned, some RPs are just more fun if neither person knows what the first is thinking/doing.

Take the Pez/Gender Fudge RP, for example. If Pez had done a bit of research and found out that Athene had bought the gender fudge, she would never have accepted it, even though it looks just like ordinary fudge.))

(((See, to me what happened there bordered God Mode... just because Pez wasn't told of what would happen to her character, and as such didn't agree to it, luckily you decided it was Gender Fudge and not poison or something.

I know a lot of people will take their OOC knowledge and bring it IC, I was guilty of it in my n00b days on here :( But now I try to play along with whatever I can... :)

I suppose, but I think there must be a fair compromise :D :p )))

((But it wasn't godmoding at all. Godmoding is when you choose a characters actions (other than your own, of course) and post them in your own post, without that other persons consent. Pez's character wouldn't have known whether it was normal fudge or not, however, if Pez had done some research, she herself would have. It's very, very normal for things like that to happen in RP. (At least, on other sites, anyway)

I really don't see how you saw that as godmodding.))

(((As I said, it just sort of seemed like one to me, because she didn't know OOC and I'm pretty sure you expected her not to research it :p ;-) )))

((Yes, but it wasn't godmoding, even if it had been impossible for her to research. Her character wouldn't have known about the Fudge, so it made sense that she didn't either. I was sure if she knew about it, she would have made her character not take it.

Which, would in a way have been cheating. What actually played out was obviously how her character would have reacted had she not known about the fudge. Had Pez known about it, the outcome would have been different and it would then be obvious that she was using her OoC information in her RP. (Had we both RPs to compare)

A lot of people will use what they know OoC, IC, despite themselves. So the less information you have to reveal to the public, the better.))

(((But then my thing about a poisoned peice of food comes up. You could offer it to them, not tell them, and then they die.

I suppose people aren't perfect and if they were we would not have this issue. )))

((Well, that would be against the rules, because... well, it's just common RP knowledge that you can't kill someone without their permission. However, I guess you could make them ill, so long as it wasn't godmoded, and it would be their own choice if they live or die.))

"HEy,I didnt do it on purpose.How dare you blame me?"said Kasey with a raised tone looking directly into the girl's eyes as if it was Athene's fault.

"Oh," said Athene, her temper rising instantly, "and who do you expect me to blame, the sorting hat?" She shoved Kasey back with a snarl.

"Blame the sorting hat if you like,I dont care but dont you dare blame me.It was you not sitting properly so what shall I do ,wait here till you finish your breakfast?"she asked

"Excuse me?" said Athene, outraged. "I was sitting fine, thank you very much!" Her fists were clenched tightly at her sides. A few people had turned their heads to watch the arguement.

"Who the hell are you, to think you can mess with me?"

"You pushed me, you lying cow," Athene spat quietly, glaring at her. She had never met this girl before, and had no idea what grudge she might hold against her. "And you know it."

Bruin had been sitting at the Gryffindor table trying to enjoy his breakfast when he noticed a little commotion going on between a couple of girls over at the Slytherin Table, one whom he didn't really recognize and the other whom he recognized as the Slytherin girl whom he had enjoyed putting in her place at Gladrags last fall.

Bruin looked around the Great Hall, hoping that there would be a professor or Prefect from one of the other houses to handle the situation so that he might continue enjoying his bacon and eggs, but apparently he was not that fortunate. Grabbing a piece of toast to tide him over, Bruin made his way over to the Slytherin Table, finished a mouthful and being that he was significantly larger then the girls, looked down upon them.

"Please tell me that this isn't what it looks like, my eggs are getting cold and I'd just as soon get back to them.", he said with a look of total indifference, but secretly hoping that one of them would give him an excuse to dock them some house points, particularly with Gryffindor having almost caught Slytherin for second in the House Points standings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back