Durmstang & Beauxbatons Quidditch Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but that dies include those who submitted the form in the randomizer right?

Nicolas King said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
I think that yes, we should do the volunteer thing, however, instead of only making it so that if more than four volunteer, i think they should all be put forward into the "randomiser" otherwise it again is first come first serve. No?
Huh?
You've misunderstood.
People volunteer. (As many as want to.)
People who can't handle being quidditch captains or would be a bad one are removed (people with 10,000 characters, 5 professors, 18 shopkeepers and people that have high warning levels are or consistently letting us down).
People who remain are randomly chosen.
Yes :D

Erm..shall we make a new topic for all this seeing as this has been a big convo? Or maybe Nick could delete all these, so that the actual thread remains? xD

Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
I think that yes, we should do the volunteer thing, however, instead of only making it so that if more than four volunteer, i think they should all be put forward into the "randomiser" otherwise it again is first come first serve. No?
I agree. Putting them all in the randomiser gives everyone equal chance. That way, there are no complaints afterwards. I think this solves out captain issue. xD
Very well. And also what Emzies said, if we have this topic left for 24 hours so everyone (including those sleeping right now) can actually view it, before we close and put those who voluntered into the "randomiser"?
Yes. This topic should remain here for everyone to read. The volunteers should be put in the randomiser AFTER the teams have filled up. If the teams aren't filled up, we can't choose a captain yet. xD

That is a good point Nick, I had thought you had meant 'bad volunteers' in a more vague way.. Yes, the whole random thing I think is a good idea, because people can't really complain then if nobody actually chose them.

Aaliyah Nevada said:
Nicolas King said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
Huh?
You've misunderstood.
People volunteer. (As many as want to.)
People who can't handle being quidditch captains or would be a bad one are removed (people with 10,000 characters, 5 professors, 18 shopkeepers and people that have high warning levels are or consistently letting us down).
People who remain are randomly chosen.
Yes :D

Erm..shall we make a new topic for all this seeing as this has been a big convo? Or maybe Nick could delete all these, so that the actual thread remains? xD
I would actually prefer to have all of this stay, seeing as problems did arise, and some problems HAVE been solved. We wouldn't want these questions to rise again, now would we? :p I say let's let it say so that people who may have questions can refer here.
Rue Undersee said:
That is a good point Nick, I had thought you had meant 'bad volunteers' in a more vague way.. Yes, the whole random thing I think is a good idea, because people can't really complain then if nobody actually chose them.
I really hope people don't start saying, 'Choose a different site, that's a bad radomiser'. xD

Selwin Snape said:
The volunteers should be put in the randomiser AFTER the teams have filled up. If the teams aren't filled up, we can't choose a captain yet. xD
Huh?
That doesn't make sense to me.
Captains will be holding tryouts and trying to organize games, no?
So captains take precedence over team members, because captains will choose team members?

Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
I agree. Putting them all in the randomiser gives everyone equal chance. That way, there are no complaints afterwards. I think this solves out captain issue. xD
Very well. And also what Emzies said, if we have this topic left for 24 hours so everyone (including those sleeping right now) can actually view it, before we close and put those who voluntered into the "randomiser"?
Yes. This topic should remain here for everyone to read. The volunteers should be put in the randomiser AFTER the teams have filled up. If the teams aren't filled up, we can't choose a captain yet. xD
You need the Captains before making the teams other-wise who tries them out? xD

Here what i think we should do;

Ask people within 24 hours (or a time) to put down their name (only one character per person) if they want to be a Captain.
Nick takes out anyone who isn't suitable for the position xD
The remaining names go into the "randomiser", and four names are plucked out.
These four become the Captains, and hold the try-outs for the other students.

Hows that?

Selwin Snape said:
I would actually prefer to have all of this stay, seeing as problems did arise, and some problems HAVE been solved. We wouldn't want these questions to rise again, now would we? :p I say let's let it say so that people who may have questions can refer here.
Obviously you are an optimist.

We've killed issues on HNZ 1000 times before and they keep coming back up because people don't read.
I can't expect them to read obscure topics like this if they don't even read FAQ or the site docs webpage. ;)

Nicolas King said:
Selwin Snape said:
The volunteers should be put in the randomiser AFTER the teams have filled up. If the teams aren't filled up, we can't choose a captain yet. xD
Huh?
So captains take precedence over team members, because captains will choose team members?
Exactly

Nicolas King said:
Selwin Snape said:
Huh?
My words came out the opposite way. Lol. I mean't it in a different way, similar to what you said. That's what I get for not getting sleep last night. :tut:

But anyways, we should start getting volunteers. :D

Nicolas King said:
Selwin Snape said:
Obviously you are an optimist.

We've killed issues on HNZ 1000 times before and they keep coming back up because people don't read.
I can't expect them to read obscure topics like this if they don't even read FAQ or the site docs webpage. ;)
That is true. People really don't read the FAQ these days. xD

Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:

Ask people within 24 hours (or a time) to put down their name (only one character per person) if they want to be a Captain.

Hows that?
In my opinion, that's perfect. It's a comprimise to what everyone has been saying and it's fair, and you cant have the teams filled up first xD

I'll offer as a captain :p

Rue Undersee said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:

Hows that?
In my opinion, that's perfect. It's a comprimise to what everyone has been saying and it's fair, and you cant have the teams filled up first xD
Agreed. :)

Grr, have to head to class now. Before I forget;

Student's Name: Drake Parker
School: Durmstrang
Current School Year: 7th
What position do they want to be in?: Chaser (Volunteering for Captain)

I'll volunteer Drake for Captain as well. :p

Well I just want to reply to the topic ^_^

Student's Name:Audrey Love
School:
Beaubations
Current School Year:Seventh Year
What position do they want to be in?: Chaser (I would also like to be captain of a team however yall sort that out.)

I'm going to actually close this topic. It's a mess, and trying to figure out if people also want to be a captain from here will be too much work. ;)
Then I'll make a topic for captain volunteers from either school.
Then we'll go from there. :)
The captains chosen will be responsible for selecting teams and if they want to organize any sort of matches.

Count me in as well.

Student's Name: Lawrence "Enzo" Andrew Cavell
School: Durmstrang
Current School Year: Sixth
What position do they want to be in?: Keeper (Like I stated before) and now applying for Captain.

Nicolas King said:
I'm going to actually close this topic. It's a mess, and trying to figure out if people also want to be a captain from here will be too much work. ;)
Then I'll make a topic for captain volunteers from either school.
Then we'll go from there. :)
The captains chosen will be responsible for selecting teams and if they want to organize any sort of matches.
Thank you xD :wub: sorry this has been so long-winded xD

So will everyone need to re-post? Just to clarify
Oh I've got it now, don't worry ^_^

Rue Undersee said:
So will everyone need to re-post? Just to clarify
For everyone who is a little confused xD listen up.

This topic is going to be closed. A new one will be made, where if you would like your character to be a Captain of a Durmstrang or Beauxbatons quidditch team, must put forward an application. After a certain amount of time, we will take all those applicants and randomly select four to be the Captains. Those who did not get the position, as well as those that were put on the list earlier, and any other students wanting to be part of the team, will have to try-out for those positions. (The Captains will do try-outs xD) :p

You already have my form! Captain too plz

Yes but what if you want to be a seeker/beater or whatever? Will that be chosen later? o_O

Rue Undersee said:
Yes but what if you want to be a seeker/beater or whatever? Will that be chosen later? o_O
Yes. When the Captains are chosen, they will hold try-outs. So you would send Rue to one of them, and post a rp showing your ability and how you'd want to be whatever. The Captains must be found first thought, so don't worry until they finally chosen xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back