Durmstang & Beauxbatons Quidditch Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know not everyone get's on the team, although creating an 'official' list seems to be scratching out those who don't get a chance to even try to be on the team. What about those people that are on leave right now? What happens when they come back, and the list is full? This entire system the way you have organized it is to put it as First Come First Serve basis. At HNZ, there are quidditch try-outs and plenty of time to give people the better opportunity to at least have a chance to get on the team. If you're willing to hold try-outs and what not, then I see as it being fair that you provided a 'valid' chance for someone to be on the team, but having it just a 'listed' system is just asking for trouble. I'm not asking for high priority, not anyone should get high priority, everyone is on the same level. So what if the teams get full, and there are a few other people that have character's that are on 'special plots' and the slots get full? Are you going to cut out some of the current listed character's to give higher priority to those with plots? Like I said, the system is full of flaws and future troubles.

ie: there should be try-outs xD

Yes, i thought about this before. We could do this, however there arn't actual matches, so whats the point of finding out if their good or not? Can you please reply to this via PM. thanks :p

Aaliyah Nevada said:

Yes, i thought about this before. We could do this, however there arn't actual matches, so whats the point of finding out if their good or not? Can you please reply to this via PM. thanks :p
What's the point of having people on an 'official' team where you can't even tell who's good and who isn't? o_O Isn't the point of choosing certain individual to have on a team to show that they 'deserve' to be on the team? I.E. Try-outs. That's what try-outs are for, to see who's capable of being on the team and who isn't.

But like I said before, all you're asking for is problems, that's all. ;)

Andrew Spinnett said:
The point of this isn't for matches, but so that we don't get loads of seekers for example because so many have put in their member titles xD Its just the official list so we can see whose on the actual team :)
The point of this should be for matches and the purpose of roleplays.
Just like we don't manage prefects (for Beauxbatons and Durmstrang), I don't think it's right to restrict the Quidditch team necessarily.
Even the list of professional Quidditch players is in the hopes of organizing future matches.
I am in favour of a user initiative to let Durmstrang and Beauxbatons characters have more roleplaying opportunities (like playing Quidditch). I am not in favour of a restrictive list.

Also: Have you considered multiple school teams for each? While they don't have houses, I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be a handful of inner school teams that would play against each other/have try-outs/etc.

I'm sorry if I was confusing in how I replied to your suggestion, or if I misunderstood your suggestion. I'm in favour of user initiatives for more roleplays, not for user initiatives to increase restrictiveness.

Nicolas King said:
Andrew Spinnett said:
The point of this isn't for matches, but so that we don't get loads of seekers for example because so many have put in their member titles xD Its just the official list so we can see whose on the actual team :)
Just like we don't manage prefects, I don't think it's right to restrict the Quidditch team necessarily.
Even the list of professional quidditch players is in the hopes of organizing future matches.
I am in favour of a user initiative to let Durmstrang and Beauxbatons characters have more roleplaying opportunities (like playing Quidditch). I am not in favour of a restrictive list.

Also: Have you considered multiple school teams for each? While they don't have houses, I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be a handful of inner school teams that would play against each other/have try-outs/etc.

I'm sorry if I was confusing in how I replied to your suggestion, or if I misunderstood your suggestion. I'm in favour of user initiatives for more roleplays, not for user initiatives to increase restrictiveness.
Yes, I have considered multiple teams. Okay, how about this; if we have, let's say, four captains per school? They can hold their own try-outs? Perhaps they can also roleplay with each other, too. Would that not be fairer?

You took the words right out of my mouth again, Nick. :p

Restrictive list is what I am against as well. Just like basketball, where there are state teams. There could be several different little teams with in each school that play against each other, and if decided, can play against other schools as well. That way, more people get the opportunity.

Aaliyah Nevada said:
Nicolas King said:
Andrew Spinnett said:
Just like we don't manage prefects, I don't think it's right to restrict the Quidditch team necessarily.
Even the list of professional quidditch players is in the hopes of organizing future matches.

Yes, I have considered multiple teams. Okay, how about this; if we have, let's say, four captains per school? They can hold their own try-outs? Perhaps they can also roleplay with each other, too. Would that not be fairer?
Who's going to choose the captains? We would need a whole new system for the captains to be chosen fairly. :erm:

Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
Who's going to choose the captains? We would need a whole new system for the captains to be chosen fairly. :erm:
Possibly the Durmstrang headmistress? Or Nick?
How will they decide when there are countless character's that are wanting to be captains? If the headmistress or Nick were to choose, that's actually a sign of favoritism. I'm not saying they will actually do favoritism, I know they won't, but it's not still enough to choose. There's academics to look at, behavior, and many other things to take into consideration before choosing a captain, I'm sure you're aware of how captains are chosen. ;)

I'm all for having teams and matches for other schools, but there needs to be a more organized and more fair system for all users. ;)

Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
How will they decide when there are countless character's that are wanting to be captains? If the headmistress or Nick were to choose, that's actually a sign of favoritism. I'm not saying they will actually do favoritism, I know they won't, but it's not still enough to choose. There's academics to look at, behavior, and many other things to take into consideration before choosing a captain, I'm sure you're aware of how captains are chosen. ;)

I'm all for having teams and matches for other schools, but there needs to be a more organized and more fair system for all users. ;)
Well someone has to choose xD

What do you suggest?

Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:

Well someone has to choose xD

What do you suggest?
Indeed, someone does have to choose, but as I recall, we need to have a bigger system like HNZ to fairly choose the captains and co-captains. If there can't be a such system, then I don't see the point of even having teams. Because it's a sign of unfairness. I want to have teams, believe me, but I want everyone to have the equal opportunity to have a chance at every step of the level.

Selwin Snape said:
Indeed, someone does have to choose, but as I recall, we need to have a bigger system like HNZ to fairly choose the captains and co-captains. If there can't be a such system, then I don't see the point of even having teams. Because it's a sign of unfairness. I want to have teams, believe me, but I want everyone to have the equal opportunity to have a chance at every step of the level.
To save spamming the thread, please PM me with this.

What do you suggest then?

Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:

What's the point of having people on an 'official' team where you can't even tell who's good and who isn't? o_O Isn't the point of choosing certain individual to have on a team to show that they 'deserve' to be on the team? I.E. Try-outs. That's what try-outs are for, to see who's capable of being on the team and who isn't.

Hey

I'm not be mean but it will change every year! Don't be a spoilsport :)

It's only for fun :)

Aaliyah Nevada said:
Selwin Snape said:
To save spamming the thread, please PM me with this.

What do you suggest then?
I'm not spamming the thread. I'm actually trying to save you from trouble. xD

Anyways, I'll PM you. ;)

Binky said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:

Hey

True domino, but it does have to be fun and fair :lol:

Rue Undersee said:
Binky said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:

Hey

This. :cool: Thanks, dewd. xD

Selwin Snape said:
Rue Undersee said:
Binky said:
Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:

Hey

This. :cool: Thanks, dewd. xD
Fun and fair yes, but it will change every year and there will be multiple teams! Please can this not be a debate? Look, obviously Nick let Pheeb do this and you shouldn't be bombarding her with questions, Hamza. Just let her do it!

When something involves a lot of people, questions will rise. No ifs, ands, or buts.

That's how it has always been here.

Good idea, but it would make a few people annoyed.. Though that can't really be helped xD Perhaps it should just be random? 'Bad voulteers removed' may be counted as favouritism?

I think that yes, we should do the volunteer thing, however, instead of only making it so that if more than four volunteer, i think they should all be put forward into the "randomiser" otherwise it again is first come first serve. No?

Aaliyah Nevada said:
I think that yes, we should do the volunteer thing, however, instead of only making it so that if more than four volunteer, i think they should all be put forward into the "randomiser" otherwise it again is first come first serve. No?
I agree. Putting them all in the randomiser gives everyone equal chance. That way, there are no complaints afterwards. I think this solves out captain issue. xD

Yes I agree

Selwin Snape said:
Aaliyah Nevada said:
I agree. Putting them all in the randomiser gives everyone equal chance. That way, there are no complaints afterwards. I think this solves out captain issue. xD
Very well. And also what Emzies said, if we have this topic left for 24 hours so everyone (including those sleeping right now) can actually view it, before we close and put those who voluntered into the "randomiser"?

Aaliyah Nevada said:
Huh?
You've misunderstood.
People volunteer. (As many as want to.)
People who can't handle being quidditch captains or would be a bad one are removed (people with 10,000 characters, 5 professors, 18 shopkeepers and people that have high warning levels or are consistently letting us down).
People who remain are randomly chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back