Closed Drunken Mornings

Here rested Lanithro, sipping coffee while in bed with his best friend’s love of her life. He knowingly stayed. Perhaps even when drunk, he knowingly went after him. He knew about everything. He was told everything from Lyra. The promise the two made, the child that she was carrying, and how stupid he was for thinking that Ezra was cheating on her. Maddie was the one girl he saw with Ezra and since Maddie was with James, who also slept with Lyra on occasion from what he remembered. Or maybe that was Ezra too? It was too hard to keep up with Lyra’s flings of the week before she finally settled on Ezra over them all. Lanithro didn’t get his fun time from her anymore, so he had a lot of pent up energy that sort of blew up the previous night. He chuckled as Felix replied to him about the Netflix thing. “I’m a Gryffindor at heart. I’ll be nice. Maybe,” Lanithro teased as he finished the last drink of his coffee. He set the mug down on the floor and as he repositioned on the bed, Felix rested his head on his chest. Hand first. He was sure that Felix could hear his heart beating quicker. Lanithro wrapped his arm around Felix so that he could rest easier. He grinned as he closed his eyes. There would be no rejection from that. His hand stroked Felix’s back gently, affectionately. Felix might have needed this, but Lanithro felt like he needed it more.

Felix wasn’t sure how long he’d been asleep, but as he woke up, he could feel Lanithro’s arm wrapped around his back, hand in his hair. He smiled lazily, but wasn’t sure if his companion was awake and so remained where he was for the moment. It had clearly been a few hours, since from his ability to see, it was dark, or, darker out than it had been when he’d first woken up that morning. The ache in his head had subsided almost completely and his sense were far more alert than they had been. He could hear the soft beat of Lanithro’s heart under his head and the quiet stillness of the otherwise empty room. It was peaceful, more peaceful than his life had been since Lyra had essentially kicked him out of her life four years previously, and even since then, the peace had not been so quiet. He didn’t want to move, he was happy where he was but he knew he had to get up and get dressed at some point, as much as he wanted to stay here, he didn’t think it was a good idea, it was far too easy to get lost in this bubble. But get lost he wanted, to just pretend like the world outside didn’t exist. But Felix wasn’t delusional, Lyra was out there and he did love her. They’d been together for so long that it was hard to imagine his life without her anymore. He’d thought about it a lot when she was gone and it had been hard, he just couldn’t accept that there was a chance they couldn’t be together. And yet, still, he stayed where he was, why? He had ample opportunity to just forget all of this, roll over, leave the room, go find Georgi to help him get rid of it all, he was sure she’d help, probably after laughing her ass of at him first. Lanithro wasn’t the person he’d ever expected to feel this kind of peace from and, if he was honest, it felt nice just to let things happen, see where the chips fall so to speak, things were so much more complicated, and despite all of this, he could just feel like Lanithro was so much less complicated, but he knew that couldn’t be true either. Lanithro had three kids with three different women, one of them Felix’s ex, and good friend. He didn’t know anything about the other girls, he’d never met them, or the other kids. Then there was Lyra’s pregnancy so there was potential for a fourth kid for Lanithro, and second for Felix or the first for Ezra. How did this become his life?​

Felix breathed out softly, yet still remained where he was. This little bubble of, whatever it was, he was afraid to ruin it. He just felt so safe and content in his bed, wrapped in Lanithro’s arms and it was the kind of safeness he associated with a male figure. It wasn’t to say that he didn’t feel safe with Lyra, but it was different. Lyra was judgemental and hard to get to change her point. It could be done, with copious amounts of talking and helping her understand things, but, it definitely was not easily done. She was stubborn and passionate and had a rock hard resolve. Anything she said she was going to do, she was going to do it, as much as that pissed Felix off sometimes, it was one of the qualities he loved her for. Even if it had been turned against him so often he thought it was the only quality she had. He knew that wasn’t true, but sometimes it was hard to see through the marble wall she put herself behind. In contrast, there was no judgement from Lanithro at all. He supposed given their respective positions, there couldn’t be any judgement. There was something appealing about this, about just being here in his arms and not having to worry about what was happening in the wider world. But he knew he couldn’t just stay here either, could he? Felix knew he’d made jokes about Lanithro’s inability to apparently protect himself from parenthood earlier, but he’d been I exactly the same boat even if Lanithro was a father of three, possibly four. Georgi has somehow managed to become something of a best friend for Felix too as the years had gone on. He could be happy co-parenting Victoria with her easily. He’d never thought there would be anyone else he would ever give up his life for, but he just didn’t think he could put his life on hold for Lyra anymore. Victoria, he loved her more than he would ever have thought it was possible to love another human, and he hadn’t spent nearly enough time with her yet to make up for that. He was going to spend the rest of his life making it to the tiny princess. And then there was Lyra to think about too. They didn’t know who the father was, Lanithro, Ezra or Felix? Personally, Felix didn’t care as this was still Lyra, but, if it was Ezra’s would she stay with him? Would Felix be forced into the sidelines again? Would he have to watch, again, as she made a life with someone else and he was just expected to be alone? He didn’t believe that Lyra tried to hurt him intentionally, not after that initial hurt years ago, but it was an aspect of their relationship that terrified him. That maybe, despite what she said and what he said and what they both said, that she didn’t need him nearly as much as he needed her.​
Felix sighed softly, moving his head slightly to look at Lanithro. He didn’t really want to move, but knew he had no choice now, they had to talk about whatever this was. Felix wanted to know Lanithro’s thoughts. He wasn’t comfortable making assumptions, since that had definitely gotten him into trouble before. He tapped lightly on Lanithro’s chest to try and rouse him. “Lanithro, are you awake?” The light out side was less again as he looked. He hadn’t realised how long he’d been trapped in his thoughts. This was all just so easy. He was scared to break that. “Hey, we should probably get dressed eventually.” He didn’t want to, he could stay right here happily and that, that scared him just as much.​

Lanithro had no idea how long he had been asleep, but he opened his golden eyes as someone poked him. At least he remembered what was done and said prior to this. Coffee and a nap, perfect for a hangover headache and it worked. But now, came the hard part. The talk. Felix mentioned that they should get dressed, eventually, but the covers were enough for Lanithro. He noticed that he was still somewhat holding Felix. Lanithro could not shake the feeling of guilt that happened to wash over him. Lyra. Though, her concerns were valid in his eyes, the way she handled them were not. Then again, he never lost his mom to childbirth but instead, some draining sickness. Lanithro used his free hand and groaned, rubbing his eyes. “I’d rather not be awake right now. I was having a nice dream.” Lanithro shrugged his shoulders, but looked around for his clothing. He found his shirt in the floor, but no sign of his pants. He did wear pants here, didn’t he? “I suppose we should get dressed... Eventually.”

A nice dream? Felix didn't usually dream anymore, it had been a long time since he could remember having done so. He frowned slightly and laughed abit. "Sorry to pull you out of your nice dream then." He said, rolling away from Lanithro to sit up. None of his limbs seemed to be hurting either, so it seemed he was recovering well from the night before. He was going to have to find Falon and apologise, he hadn't meant for it to get heated like that. When it came to Lyra and Falon, they were the two women he loved the most in his life, not counting his mother. He hated that they weren't in a good place. He missed them being friends. He stretched as he slipped out of the bed onto the floor to dig under the bed for where he vaguely remembered his pants being, pulling them on quickly before standing up. "My coffee went cold, I'll make some more?"

Lanithro gave Felix a playful nudge after he apologized for waking him up. “Eh, waking up next to someone twice in a roll is better than the dream.” Lanithro liked the idea of this. Waking up next to someone. The same someone, for a long period of time. He was starting to want a relationship. In general anyway. Lanithro watched as Felix got dressed, before Lanithro got up out of bed to put on his shirt. He searched for a moment to find his jeans crumpled, tossed aside so carelessly. He shook his head, chuckling to himself as he pulled them on. Felix offered to make more coffee and Lanithro nodded, “That would be great, actually. Then, we can talk about last night and this morning. Not that I remember much about last night...” Lanithro frowned a bit, scratching his head as he sat back down on the bed. Why did he drink so much that he couldn’t remember? He had some flashes, but it was mainly just him and Felix, making out before it increased from there. Still, Lanithro might feel a little guilty, but he did not regret it at all.

Felix snorted as Lanithro mentioned waking up next to him was better than his dream. He doubted it, dreams were usually better than reality in his experience, though, given he’d had a run of bad luck in that department, he supposed he was a bit cynical. “Cool, be right back”. Felix quickly disappeared into the kitchen, which wasn’t really a kitchen so much as a short wall that extending only marginally below his bed. The apartment wasn’t huge and the only other doors in the place we’re for the bathroom and the balcony. He couldn’t afford much, but he didn’t need much either and it was decently furnished too, which was a plus. Stepping back out into the room several minutes later, Felix handed Lanithro a coffee before crawling back onto the bed and sitting cross-legged in the sheets. Might as well be comfortable for the conversation becuase he honestly didn’t know where it was going to go. He supposed on some subconscious level he’d always been attracted to and aware of the blonde, but he’d never really given in much notice, they’d run in different circles back at school after all. “I don’t remember a lot, from last night,” Felix started, taking a sip of his drink gingerly. “I’m not sure which bar it was either, close one I assume, though I can’t say that for sure...” he wished he had some inkling, but he didn’t really want to think about the reason he’d been there. It was still stinging in his mind. His heart too, he knew. “But I liked our interactions today”. He said, carefully, watching Lanithro for any change in attitude. He was only wearing his pants as he hadn’t been bothered to find his shirt, so he was still naked from the waist up. Which was far less meaningful for him that if he’d been Lyra or Georgi he supposed. “I... I cant say i’m not pleasantly surprised.”

While Felix was gone to make the coffee, Lanithro folded his legs underneath him, while fidgeting with his shirt. So stains so he definitely did not throw up the night before. That was good. He had only done that when he did not eat before a large amount of alcohol. But the more he thought, he debated on what would come of this and the repercussions. There would be major ones, even though he felt they would not be justified. But, if that kid was his, which was possible, and if things happened between him and Felix, would Lyra ever want to see his face again? Would he have to fight her to see his kid, if it was? He also had to think of himself. His world should not revolve around how his best friend would feel about his actions. If this made him happy, then that should be the end of it. He had supported Lyra for every decision, even if he did not approve. She could at least allow him the same in return. Felix entered the room once more and held out a cup of coffee. He sipped it quietly, and listened to the former Hufflepuff speak. Nothing about the bar or anything. Lanithro nodded and stared down at the brown liquid as Felix admitted he enjoyed their interactions. A smile spread on his lips, then Felix had to say that last part, which made him chuckle. “I know back in my younger days, I wasn’t a nice guy. But I was stupid and reckless.” Lanithro paused as he took another drink. He turned his eyes toward Felix and continued, “As pleasant as this morning was, and what all was said... I know about your promise to Lyra. Say if something does become of this, we should at least tell her right before.”

Not a nice guy my ass, Felix thought, sipping more of his coffee. If he remembered correctly, Lanithro had hit Lyra with a book, and he wasn’t sure what his relationship with Georgina or the other mothers was like, but despite even that, he was finding it hard to really find a reason to ask Lanithro to leave, which was more than a little confusing, given who they were both associated with. Felix played with the handle of his mug as Lanithro spoke and he knew it was the truth. They would have to tell Lyra about this, whether it continued or not, problem was, Felix wasn’t convinced that Lyra would take it well. She didn’t do well with surprises and she especially didn’t do well when they involved Felix, which made him hesitant to want to say anything. Of course he could never hide this from her, he loved her and he respected her too much for that, but he didn’t want to upset her either, and he knew she’d never take this well. He hoped she would, definitely, but this was Lyra, and he knew she loved him. This would kill her. But he needed to think about himself for once, he would always love Lyra and he knew that, but that was part of the problem, he’d only ever loved Lyra, he’d never really tried with anyone else. Didn’t he have a right to be absolutely sure that Lyra was the one? What if they both woke up ten years from now and just regretted everything? Lyra had been with Ezra, she loved him too as much as that hurt Felix, but he wouldn’t have hated her for it, he’s had to sit and watch her from the side lines for four years and he’d never been able to try something else in all that time. It was a long time to line after someone and not even attempt to see if what you were pining after was the real thing. For as long as he could remember it had always been Lyra, he thought it always would be, but perhaps he was wrong, perhaps, just maybe, there was something here too. “I know.” He said, because he did know. He just wished he didn’t. He knew only too well. “I’m.. I’m worried that she won’t be okay,” he admitted, absently looking out the window and bringing his knees up to his chest. He definitely felt more comfortable with Lanithro that he’d ever considered he might, and he thought he owed it to himself and everything he’d been through with Lyra, to at least try. But he didn’t want to lose Lyra either. She was his best friend before all of this and he would always want her in his life even if it wasn’t the way she expected. “Lyra is... I don’t think she’ll accept this, if something does happen.” He said, running his hand through his hair. God, this was so hard. The fact it was hard was telling him he should see where this went, but there was the pit in his heart too, the space reserved forever and always for Lyra.​

Lanithro listened to Felix as he continued to sip his coffee. Already half way empty. The former Gryffindor had to be blunt about things, because the harsh truth was always better than trying to sugar coat a sinking boat. Lanithro sighed, “I take it you haven’t been in a relationship since Lyra left you. To be honest, the past two relationships I have had ended because my partner cheated on me. I swore off them since.” Lanithro figured he would explain while he could, before he would get a little harsher. “Felix, the way I see it, you waited for years for her to come back. If she can’t handle you being with someone else while she herself is with another person, then is she even worth it? I’ve been questioning her judgment calls for a while now. Never spoke up because it was none of my business what she did.” All he knew was that he was there when she cried over Felix, when she cried because of Falon, and last, Kiera. “But now, this might involve me, and if a best friend can’t handle another best friend to be happy or try anyway, then maybe I have placed my trust in the wrong person.” Lanithro scratched the back of his neck, and shook his head. “No, she won’t take it well. She still has some sort of possessiveness on you but won’t step up to claim the prize. And then it would be me backstabbing her even though she’s with Ezra and you are kinda single... You know what I mean?”

Felix felt... exposed, sitting here with Lanithro essentially telling him everything about himself that he didn't need to hear. He hadn't quite realised how close Lanithro and Lyra were, but hearing him replay what had happened between them, well, Felix frowned a little. It sounded so... horrible when he said it that way. Felix nodded along with what he was saying, but it wasn't so much out of agreement as trying to process everything he was saying. Because, despite it all, Felix knew what the blonde was saying was right. Felix had been forced to watch as Lyra dated other people instead of him. She had specifically told him she didn't love him anymore, just to hurt him. She knew every button to press and every word to say to push him away, and every single time, he'd gone back to her. Of course he would, he loved Lyra, but, he couldn't deny that there was a part of him that believed she would hurt him again, like she always did. He'd come close to her orbit, and she would pull him in, but you couldn't orbit the sun for too long without something to protect you, or you'd easily get burned. She burned Felix constantly, he remembered the first time that he'd chosen Lyra over Falon. It had torn him apart, and then what had she done? She'd asked him if what he'd just said to break his relationship with his sister had been true and it had broken him that day. Felix wasn't sure he'd ever truly healed from that, now that he really thought about it. He'd never had a chance, because everything from there had gone down hill. "I..." but what could he say. He wanted to defend Lyra from Lanithro's words... but dammit, he couldn't think of how to do so. He sighed and placed his cup on the side, next to the one from earlier and wrapped his arms around his now raised knees. "I don't want to hurt her... and I don't think you want to either..." He said. Despite Lanithro's words, he knew the blonde loved Lyra too, even if it wasn't the same way he did. "I know what you're saying is true... I do, I just," He'd always evaluated his life by thinking about it in terms of Lyra. He wasn't sure he knew how to do that without her. Except, he already had, for four years, alone. He didn't want any of it to be true, but he couldn't deny the pit in his throat at the memory of what he'd just done to Falon again. Felix didn't even feel himself reach out to touch Lanithro, needing some sense of comfort whilst he remained trapped in his thoughts. He needed a balance that he couldn't provide for himself. "She'll be done with you," he said, not looking at Lanithro, but gazing out the window instead.​

Lanithro felt that he might have been too harsh. But, being blunt was something that he was just used to. It was likely because of his mom and dad. Both were short and to the point. He noticed that Felix was nodding, but he didn't know if he agreed with it. Since Felix and Lyra loved each other and stuff, he expected him to go off on him. How dare he talk about the Lyra Potter that way. Lanithro still cared deeply for his friend, but this, if it changed everything, then he might be better off searching elsewhere. He did not want to have to do that, however. Lanithro glanced over at Felix after finishing off his coffee, finally managing to wake him up. He listened to Felix, and how he admitted that he was right, after saying that neither of them wanted to hurt her. Lanithro nodded, while setting the cup to the side. "I don't want to hurt her intentionally. I'm not that sort of person. But I can't, or won't, deny myself happiness. I have neglected myself for too long," Lanithro wondered if Felix felt the same way. He had been watching his kids, being a good dad, playing Quidditch, and never really found himself attracted to others, other than Lyra. But, they were just friends. As Felix reached out to him, Lanithro found himself taking his hand in his. It gave him a good sense of relief. Supportive. As the last line of Felix's hit him, Lanithro noticed that he was staring out the window. Lanithro stared down at their hands, intertwined. "If that is how she feels after almost a decade of friendship, over something like this, then so be it." Lanithro made his decision. "My question is, do you want to proceed with this, since I know we both feel something, or leave it behind as a painful regret of 'what could have been'?"

There was so much for Felix to think about, and it was all so hard for him. His fight with Falon was still fresh on his mind and he wasn't really sure he should be making decisions, but, he couldn't leave here without making a decision either. It wouldn't be right to string this along. Felix couldn't do that, he'd left that part of him behind after Ellie. And he did feel something with Lanithro, though he couldn't say what it was for sure. He wondered briefly if things might have been different if they'd been friends in school, because he might have seen this side of Lanithro before and it wouldn't be affecting him so much now, but, the point was that it was affecting him, affecting him a lot. He didn't think it would be the truth if he told Lanithro he wanted nothing to do with him. This was freeing almost, a sense of clarity he hadn't had in a long time and it was with Lanithro Styx. How had this happened? It was almost impossible to fathom such an occurrence and it definitely hadn't come up as a what if scenario, since he rarely had those. He felt Lanithro grip his hand and he looked down, realising he must have reached out to him, but he didn't pull his hand back, instead, he scooted closer and moved the now twined hands to rest in his lap. "I, I think I do want to try something," he admitted, not sure where his words, or his sudden bravado was coming from. "Neither of us want to hurt her, but, you're right, I shouldn't let my own feelings be hurt just to make her happy." He said, sadly. He loved Lyra so much, but it was beginning to seem like she wanted everyone else but him. "All I want is for us both to be happy, but I need to understand myself first and... and I don't think I can do that with her," he finally admitted. "She knows me as one way, I don't think I could be any other way than how she sees me and... I feel like there's more to me than just what she sees." He wasn't sure he fully understood what he was saying, but he hoped Lanithro did, because this wasn't easy. "I don't want to hurt her with this, but... I can't deny this, I just can't." He said, he couldn't believe that after fighting so hard to be with her, he was just willing to let her go. But he had to, he had to know that he could survive her, because hadn't she been telling him to do that the whole time? He held tighter to Lanithro's hand, almost like his only tether. He wasn't sure he could face anything else right now.​

Lanithro grinned slightly as Felix held his hand tighter, and scooted closer to him. His golden eyes stared slowly up at his face, studying it. The hands were together, and it seemed like this would go somewhere. Lanithro didn't think it would be forever, but he did not like planning ahead that much either. He was in it for the moment, the present. The future was another worry. Lanithro smiled softly as Felix said that he wanted to try something. This made him feel... Well, just feel. And, it was great. At least Felix was seeing and thinking the same thing he was. They shouldn't let themselves be miserable just because of the feelings of one person, no matter who that person was. As Felix continued to speak, Lanithro understood somewhat what he meant. This was getting sad, so Lanithro decided something else, "Felix, look, that's another problem for another day. We can't deny this. Instead, let's just give in." Lanithro reached up with his free hand and caressed Felix's face. "Let's see that cute smile again," Lanithro purred as he leaned in, gently pressing his lips on Felix's. Lanithro hoped that this would help Felix with their troubles, since both are in turmoil internally. But, this was fun, and he enjoyed it. He wanted this to last longer, and not to worry about the Potter girl for the rest of the night.

And just like that, the bubble of Felix's hesitation melted and he fell into a wide grin. He couldn't believe Lanithro had managed to pull him out of his thoughts with just a couple of words, but as those words dawned on him he frowned. "Hey, I'm no-", but it didn't really matter what he was going to say, because he was cut off from speaking by Lanithro's mouth on his. It was another surprising, but not unpleasant turn of events. Felix didn't quite understand why he felt Lanithro was so appealing and it seemed that Lanithro didn't quite understand it himself, but who was he to stand in the way of something that they both clearly wanted, after all, it wasn't like there was any actual reason not to give this a go. Well, apart from Lyra, but as he was kissing Lanithro, all thoughts of that problem melted away, just like Lanithro had told him to forget. It was easy to do that with him, in the confines of his apartment, the world continuing on without them for a while. He needed this, a chance to just be something else for a little while. He still loved Lyra and he always would, but, here with Lanithro, it was almost like he was the only person in the world. "Round two?" He asked, pulling away slightly. At Lanithro's nod of permission, Felix grinned and drew the blond into a kiss again.​
FIN​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back