Drage Herrogard 2

Sammael was angry, but nowhere near as angry as he appeared to be. He and Valcan had arranged this little show to get Sophia to trust Valcan. He did not like the idea of Sophia hating him, but it seemed inevitable at her age and with her temperament.

Sammael looked up at Valcan, staring daggers at him with his fierce golden eyes. "She is my daughter Far, I think I know what is necessary," he barked, throwing Valcan's hand off of his shoulder. He ignored Sophia's question purposefully and stared angrily at Valcan.

Valcan stared back at Sammael, his eyes glowing faintly as he replied calmly, "No, Sammael, I don't think you have what it takes to be a father at this moment in time. You are too irrational; look at you- You look as if you're going to explode any moment." His words seemed poisonous and sounded a bit harsh, but if they worked in getting some of Sophia's trust, then it was alright with him.

Turning to Sophia and answering her question last for emphasis, he replied curtly, "I am your grandfather, Sophia." He gazed back at her with his golden eyes, hoping that she would recognize the resemblance, and then turned back to Sammael. "No- You are not capable."

Thanatos watched the scene, somewhat amused, although not entirely sure about what was going on. He had delivered Sophia... but what for? Just to get yelled at by her father? He figured it had something to do with the prophecy... but what was the point of bringing them both together, here? And why was he, Thanatos, still here? He twiddled his thumbs a little, hoping that he'd never be on the receiving end of the Stark's or Drage's rage (again,) being sure that this was a very tame way of handling the situation for them.

Thanatos turned to Estrella after a while. "Lovely to see you again, have I said that yet? So, what's going on?" he asked in a hushed, conversational tone, as the others talked (or shouted). He beamed at her, as though she were just another customer he had befriended in the pub, and not a 14 year old he had nearly attacked.
<i></i>

Sammael snapped his mouth shut and walked swiftly to the table, resuming the seat he had been in before Sophia had arrived. He watched stonily, anxious to see how Sophia accepted Valcan.

Sophia stared at the older man in disbelief, not even having noticed that yet another person she did not know had entered the room. "Grandfather? Are you serious?! If you are my grandfather then why have I never met you?" Crossing her arms over her flat chest Sophia stared defiantly at the man who claimed to be her grandfather, impressed with how he was handling her father but refusing to show it.

Estrella watched the situation, her gaze as cold as stone as she trained her eyes on the grandfather, who appeared as if he were trying to diffuse the situation. Either he's a damn good actor, or he's telling the truth, she thought to herself.

Her eyes narrowed as Josh entered the room with Tula, giving him a weak smile. She really didn't know what to think of anyone in the dining room at this moment- Valcan, Josh and Thanatos had both been playing a game in lying to her, she was not getting along with Sophia, and Sammael, in general, she did not like. Apparently, from the way Sophia was acting, she did not know who Valcan was.

Her gaze hardened a bit as she barely acknowledged Thanatos, and she replied curtly, "I really couldn't tell you at this point." She suddenly wondered why she still had her wand and owl privileges if this was another Death Eater ploy.

Valcan turned angrily on Sammael, the whole thing a ploy, of course, but hopefully it would catch Sophia's attention. "You mean to tell me that Sophia has never even been told of her family? When I asked repeatedly again and again to see her?" He crossed his arms mock angrily, his muscles as prominent as boulders beneath his shirt. He definitely did not appear old and decrepit; at the moment, with his fiery disposition, he could have passed off for middle aged at best.

Sammael rolled his eyes at Valcan and sighed. "We are both busy men Far. And I did not want this to happen! You always take over Far. I am a grown man and a father myself. I did not want you to father my child for me."<i></i>

"Take over?" Valcan snorted in his thick accent, moving a pace away from Sophia, his eyes trained on Sammael. "I wouldn't have to if you knew how to be a decent parent; a concept that both of my eldest sons have seemed to miss."

"Yes, well what does that say about you Far? Two of your sons fail as fathers." Sammael stood and strode back over to Valcan. "If you are so much better at fathering than I am, then you can raise Sophia." Turning on his heel Sammael quickly fled from the room.<i></i>

"I'm guessing some kind of family gathering?" Thanatos whispered to Estrella, not at all put off by her curt tone. "I feel a bit out of place." He grinned. "Poor Sophia running away like that... I'd heard through a friend that she was missing. And then she walked right into my pub! Luckily I got her back to her father, I bet he was worried sick!... who knows what might have happened if she'd been left alone on the streets, in the rain? Poor girl..." He trailed off and brought his eyes back to the scene before him, his lips upturned in the corners slightly in a sad, bitter smile as Sammael left the room.
<i></i>

"Lief is not doing too bad for himself," Valcan commented back, watching in amusement as Sammael fled the room. He would have to congratulate him on his performance.

Turning to Sophia, he said calmly, "I apologize for that; he has always had the worst temper."

Estrella turned to Thanatos, snapping, "Spare me the b.s; I know what's going on, for the most part, and what you are." She said it loudly enough for Josh to hear, although she did not want to appear totally spiteful.

She watched as Sammael made his way out of the room, wondering if this was acted out or not. It seemed pretty valid.

Thanatos laughed softly, determined to convince Estrella that, if he wasn't a good guy, he was at least not a Death Eater. "I'd be a little worried if you hadn't worked out I'm a barman, by now." He grinned. "I'm sorry about the last time we met... honest. I was just a little offended by your comments about Athene... I don't have kids, so I ought at least to stand up for my brother's family." He gave her an apologetic look. "But your right, she is a bit of a brat. Friends?"
<i></i>

Sophia followed her father with her golden eyes as he left the room, turning right back to look at her grandfather. She noticed that Thanatos was still there and she glared at him for a moment before looking once more at Valcan.

"Of course I know he has a temper," she spat, reluctantly adding "he gave it to me."

Estrella stared back at Thanatos, her expression cold. Crossing her arms over her chest, she raised her eyebrow, saying quietly, "A bit?" She remembered how Athene had spat at her just before exams at the rosebush, and how she seemed to be having a mental breakdown. "Not to mention she wrote a bunch of Latin BS on the wall with her own blood."

Taking a sip of her water, she watched the situation as if a spectator at a real life soap opera. She didn't know what to think of Thanatos, although she was pretty sure which group he and Josh were loyal to.

Choking on her water, she replied, "Friends?" Raising her eyebrow at him.

"Latin? Leonardo has been busy with her!" He knew Leonardo was fluent in the ancient language, but he had no idea that he had passed his knowledge onto his daughter. He chuckled. "Ok, your right. She's an arrogant, spoiled show off, who thinks of no one but herself. But I couldn't not stand up for her. She's family, no matter how much of a cow." He kept his voice down while he spoke... so that the conversation wouldn't disrupt Valcan's and Sophia's. He still kept an ear open though, and listened intently to what the pair were saying. "Why not friends? You can't have too many."
<i></i>

"Unfortunately," Valcan replied, "The initial plan to get you here was a lot less troubling."

He turned to Sophia, attempting at least to get her cooled off a bit. He was used to being obeyed, not having to deal with the issues of moody teenagers. He waved his hand to the table. "Are you hungry? Would you like anything to drink? Of course, if you don't want to, you don't have to."

He turned to Thanatos, who seemed to be in a conversation with Estrella, and he acknowledged Joshua with a nod. Pulling out his own long wand, he pointed it at Thanatos, bellowing, "Accio wand!" Two wands shot at him, and he caught them both in the air, holding them both out to Sophia.

"Now which one is yours?" he inquired.

((Someone yell at me if that is too godmoddy. I figured it would take Thanatos by surprise so hopefully it works. :p ))

Thanatos jumped as Valcan shouted, taken completely by surprise. He felt his wand, and Sophia's fly from his cloak pocket. He blinked a few times, before composing himself. How impolite, he thought, frowning at Valcan as he showed Sophia the wands. His own one was the bloodwood, only very slightly longer than hers, and he had no clue as to what Sophia's was made out of.
<i></i>

Estrella smirked as Thanatos continued speaking, commenting, "That's a little bit closer." Her eyes boring into Thanatos', she replied, "I barely even know you! And I'm sorry, but sticking your wand in my face wasn't exactly the friendliest thing to do-" She watched as two wands flew out of Thanatos' pocket and to Valcan, and her attention was again diverted.

"The one made of bloodwood, on the right," Sophia said, her arms still crossed over her chest. She assumed this man would be keeping her wand and continued to stare daggers at him. This day had been awful thus far, and it had yet to get better.

Valcan flipped around the wand on his left, which would be Sophia's right, handing it to her the right way around, allowing her to grab the handle. "There you go," he replied, wondering if she would take it or not. Knowing that the wand was as crucial to a wizard or witch as their own arm, he didn't think that Sophia would decline.

Sophia narrowed her eyes, a bit confused by this. Why is he giving me my wand? Not like I can use it anyway. For a moment she wondered if this was a trick of some sort, but decided to take the risk. Moving her left arm away from her chest she reached out and grabbed the wand, quickly pocketing it and moving her arm back to her chest. Despite having her wand back she definitely did not trust this man.

Valcan stood back, giving Sophia more space, but deciding not to give Thanatos his wand back just yet. He might have some fun and toy with him a bit.

"Now, I repeat myself, are you hungry? Thirsty? Tired? Just tell me," he stated, keeping his golden eyes on Sophia's. He was suddenly reminded of his sister, Larkana, and felt the pang of the long dead memories that he had of her when she was this young.

Thanatos cleared his throat and looked pointedly at Valcan. "You don't think I could have mine back now, do you?" He folded his arms across his chest. Sure, he usually tried to be polite to Valcan, out of fear, as Valcan was a much more powerful Wizard, but not when the old man takes his wand. He needed that!

<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back