Drage Herrogard 2

Valcan Drage

Dark Arts practitioner | Avid reader

OOC First Name
Amanda
Wand
Olivewood 17 3/4'', core of Runespoor Fang
hcnt-dinrm.jpg

Valcan was enjoying a small meal of French Onion soup and steak and kidney pie after a long meeting at work, his expression passive and disinterested as he stared at the furnishings in the dining room. He was extremely pleased that he had bonded so well with Estrella, which made things much easier in the long run. However, Sammael and Sophia still had yet to arrive, and he was growing a bit antsy about it.

Poised regally at the head of the table, he figured that he would read a book or something after dinner, or possibly see what Estrella and Joshua were up to. She had also grown to like her godfather, it seemed, and Valcan's mood was alleviated extremely for this. All he had to do now was see what Sophia would bring to the table.

((I need to find a better pic of a dining room! :( ))

[By the way, I am gauging Sophia will be arriving the same night that Estrella did. Just, a little later. Assuming Thanatos does not keep her overnight at the Leaky Cauldron.]

Sammael walked into the Dining Room with a sour expression on his face. "Still no sign of her?" he asked Valcan, speaking of Sophia of course. It as quite embarrassing having lost track of his own daughter, making it look like he could not control her.

Valcan barely looked up, shaking his head. "Have you gotten any notification from anyone about her whereabouts or is this still at a standstill?" He waved to Sammael to take a seat, although he didn't care either way if he did or not.

He noticed that Sammael had a haggard look about him, and that he did not appear extremely pleased. "Do not worry too much, Sammael- Her rebelling was bound to happen one of these days, when you least expected it. And she will turn up soon enough." He took a sip of his pumpkin juice, his golden gaze falling upon his son.

((I'll play along that Estrella got there really early in the day then.))

"No, I have heard nothing." Sammael had begun to pace the length of the room worriedly. "I would have figured that whoever found her would have responded immediately, but is is possible that whoever found her did not have time to respond. But what is taking so long?" Sammael growled, turned on his heel, and continued pacing.<i></i>

Valcan observed Sammael's frantic pacing, deciding not to comment on it. He of course, was worried about Sophia, but was careful not to let it show. "I know that it is entirely frustrating, Sammael, but whoever has caught her might just be taking their time. I know that it is not desirable. However, approaching the situation calmly might be best," he advised, wiping his mouth delicately with his napkin.

He pushed his finished dinner plates away from his seat, knowing that soon that they would be cleaned up by a house elf. He wondered who, if anyone, had caught up with Sophia. He was inclined to shout their ear off, but at the moment, not knowing who it was, he kept his mood passive.

"Calm?" Sammael stopped pacing and turned to face Valcan. "She could be anywhere Far. I do not know how you can stay so calm. What if she is dead?" Despite wanting Sophia to be alive for the purposes of the prophecy Sammael was also concerned because Sophia was afterall his daughter.<i></i>

Valcan's expression became dark, and although Sammael had been his favorite child by far, it did not excuse him from his anger. His tone a bit more harsh, he stated, "She is not dead, Sammael, and if you do not take a seat and keep a clear head, I will have no problem forcing you to."

His expression was stern, all humor and passiveness having left his golden eyes as they bore into his adoptive son. He hated talking to him this way, and he understood how stressful the whole situation had to be for Sammael, but it had to be done.

Estrella had been enjoying her time immensely at the Herrogard, trying to figure out where her black cat had scampered off to, cradling Rose, her white kitten, in her arms.

She strolled into the dining room, not exactly sure where she was going, starting to ask, "Has anyone seen Tu-" but was cut off midsentence, her jaw hanging open as her eyes fell upon none other than Sammael Stark, who seemed to be pacing furiously, exchanging conversation with her grandfather. "What?" she exclaimed quite stupidly, tightening her grip on Rose as she tried to make sense of the situation.

Valcan's golden eyes fell upon Estrella, his expression softening just a bit. "I think it shall be best for you to take a seat, Estrella." He pulled out the chair to the right of him, looking back upon Sammael. "And the same goes for you, Sammael," he continued in harsh Norwegian, "Sit!"

Sammael had stopped pacing when Estrella entered the room. He was not at all surprised to see her, nor was he surprised by her reaction. He was not a well-liked man at the moment.

Walking hastily to the table Sammael took a seat opposite Valcan, his expression cold.
<i></i>

Estrella knew it was best to do as Valcan had ordered, taking the seat next to him as she clutched Rose in her arms ever so tightly, the cat purring audibly. Her face stricken with confusion and hopelessness, she turned to her grandfather, although there were no accusations coming out of her mouth. She had put all of her trust in someone to be let down again. She knew in her heart that Josh had played along with it too, and she hated to think about it.

Her expression drawn and her dark eyes filled with confusion, she replied simply, "I do not understand." She could not even bring herself to look over at Sammael. She wished that this was a dream, and that when she blinked her eyes, Sammael would have just been an illusion and disappeared.

Drumming his large fingertips on the rich wood of the table, Valcan turned to Estrella, glad that Sammael had taken a seat and could begin cooling off. Producing two more glasses, he filled both of them with cool water and handed a glass to both his son and his granddaughter.

"I believe it is best that we all keep our tempers in check," he instructed, his golden eyes boring into his granddaughter, "Now, you must tell me- Do you feel as if you are being held hostage?" The answer to this question he desperately needed to know, waiting patiently and calmly upon her answer.

Estrella's dark eyes darted to Sammael's golden ones, which appeared as if they were flaming. They slowly returned to Valcan's own, and she was hit with the horrible realization.

"I don't suppose so," she replied truthfully, not able to bring herself to tears- She was done with crying over this whole situation. A grave acceptance had wedged itself next to the determination and stubborness in her mind, overpowering it. Looking to Sammael again, she asked, "Why is he here?"

Valcan looked over to Sammael, who seemed to be in quite the funk, and he replied slowly, "Sammael is my son, Estrella. My adoptive son of my sister. You two are cousins- Or rather, uncle and niece."

He brought a large hand to place it on Estrella's shoulder, boring into her eyes with his own. "You are safe here," he replied, "This situation is not the same as the previous- You are here, you are with family, and you are definitely not being held hostage." He waved his hand to the door. "Feel free to walk out and leave- However, I must disadvise it. You would have a hell of a time, getting back to New Zealand. You'd be dead before tomorrow."

Realizing that this probably sounded too threatening, he continued with a stern expression. "Here, you will be well provided for, with the consistency that you have never had. I promise that no harm will come to you while you are here. You are my grandchild, and I love you no less than I would a daughter." He positioned himself so that he had gotten her full attention. "The Drage Family has a motto, and always has. Det svake fallet forst. The weak fall first. If you enter the world weak, you will ultimately be destroyed. Isn't that right, Sam?" He turned to look at Sammael, his golden eyes flaring. He hoped to Merlin that he was getting through to his granddaughter at the moment.

"Det svake fallet forst. Far, may I please go?" Sammael seemed impatient, tapping his foot and ignoring the glass of water.

"You may leave the room, yes, but I have a feeling that your daughter shall be here soon," Valcan replied, "I would stick around. If you do not wish to see her, I will owl you."

Thanatos didn't stumble as they arrived at the destination, with Sophia still clutched in his arms. The dining room of The Herrogard appeared before him, expensively furnished and well lit. The first thing he saw was Estrella Drage, sitting at the table. He released Sophia immediately, but gently, and waved at Estrella with a grin, before turning to the other young man in the room.
"I found Sophia," he told him cheerfully. He took the man to be Sophia's father, recognizing his golden eyes, and knowing Valcan already as a Drage.
<i></i>

Sammael immediately jumped to his feet when Sophia appeared in the room with Thanatos. "You, I want to talk to you later," he said harshly to Thanatos as he walked toward them both.

"What were you thinking?!" He asked Sophia forcefully. "You could have been kidnapped or killed. You are lucky Thanatos found you, you stupid girl."

Sophia stumbled a bit as she landed on the floor of the dining room in Drage Herrogard, kept on her feet by Thanatos's strong hold on her. Her eyes immediately widened as she opened them, the scene before her containing her father, Estrella, and a man she did not recognize. No longer was Sophia afraid, but instead quite angry. Thanatos was a Death Eater, he was toying with her the entire time so he could get her back to her father.

When her father jumped up and began yelling Sophia stood her ground defiantly, staring fiercely back up at him. "Lucky?! Lucky is the last thing I consider myself right now!"

Thanatos suppressed the urge to scowl. So much for a 'thank you'. He stood aside as Sammael scolded Sophia. He had been hoping a little that he could just drop Sophia off and run. Not only had he left the bar with no more attention than his House Elf, he knew that if Drage discovered the exact means that he had used to get Sophia here, there would be quite possibly be hell to pay. He was already in the stronger wizard's bad books, for toying with Estrella.

However, he didn't mind too much. He was still curious, and it was nice to see Estrella again. He had quite liked her, the last time they had met, in an odd way. She reminded him of his sister.
He stepped up to Ravenclaw girl and, pulling out a chair, sat down next to her.
<i></i>

"You will hold your tongue Sophia. Your rebellion ends here. I do not know what has gotten into you but you would do well to remember that I am your father and I make the rules. Now sit down." Sammael pointed to the table, staring angrily at his daughter. His golden eyes were beginning to glow slightly, his rage growing inside him.

Estrella was not sure what to think, her eyes wide as she looked back at Valcan. Was what he was saying true? She couldn't shake off the feeling that he was. She was in fact, with family, unlike the last few times. Would it hurt to try out a new family? Probably not; at least, it was easier than running.

She sighed in defeat as she clutched onto Rose, the white cat wriggling around a bit, her eyes no longer containing rage and anger; he was right. It wouldn't kill her to stay here for the summer. Valcan seemed halfway decent, and seemed to have the intentions to send her back to school when term came. And she had never actually lived with a wizarding family before, unless she counted Kale's, which was obviously a different environment than this.

She watched the exchange between Valcan and Sammael, and her supposed uncle seemed to be a very impatient person. She could see the similarities between them, except that Valcan seemed to be the one dominating the situation. Was her Grandfather part of the Death Eaters too? Probably.

Jumping considerably when Thanatos and Sophia appeared, she felt an immediate rush of anger, not having forgotten her last encounter with her ex-friend. She sat there, keeping her mouth sealed, watching the exchange between Sophia and her father with disinterest, her dark brown eyes exhibiting much weariness.

Her eyes narrowed at Thanatos as he sat down next to her, clutching Rose even a bit more tightly than possible, and suddenly, the kitten decided that she had had enough, clawing at Estrella's arm with furiosity, and managing to escape, making her way lithely out of the dining room. She swore under her breath as she sat there, examining the claw marks that had been torn into her flesh. She wondered where Tula was as she acknowledged Thanatos with a nod, knowing that he had lied to her too. Surprisingly, though, she didn't feel hurt; just like a fool.

Valcan watched Estrella's reaction, and deeming that she was not angry and was not going to do anything crazy, he instead turned to Sammael, but before he could say anything else, he was stopped by the sound of someone apparating. His golden eyes widened in amusement as he observed the despicable bartender from the Leaky Cauldron, still not pleased with the man, and none other than his other granddaughter, Sophia.

He observed the situation, figuring that it was his moment to shine when Sammael obviously was losing his temper with his daughter; Valcan could tell by the way his son's eyes were glowing, and he stood up from his chair, taller than everyone in the room, moving lithely for someone who was so huge, stopping next to Sophia and Sammael. He looked down on both Sammael and Sophia, at the moment imagining both of them as minuscule and considerably weaker than him. That was how he was with most people, however, and rarely could he look someone straight in the eye.

"I daresay that that is not necessary, Sammael," he droned in his firm voice, his golden eyes trained on Sammael, daring him to toe the line any further. He put his hand on Sammael's shoulder, pushing him back, not forcefully, but enough to inch him away from Sophia. Of course, this was just a ploy, but he hoped that this was how it looked like to Sophia.

In reality, he could see so much of Sammael in himself that it unsettled him, and if he had been in Sammael's situation, he would have definitely acted more violently. He waited for anyone to respond, daring them with his hard gaze.

Sophia was definitely not in a mood to obey anyone at the moment. The last person she had obeyed was Thanatos, and that had not been a pleasant experience for her. Rage was welling up inside her and her golden eyes began to glow as her father's were.

Sophia was getting ready to defy her father once more when the man she did not recognize stepped in. She snapped her mouth closed as he pulled her father away from her, wondering what his deal was.

"Who in Merlin's name are you and why am I here?!" Sophia screamed at the man she did not know. Her normal coldness was gone and instead filled with fiery emotion. She stared daggers at the older man, not even noticing that his eyes were the same as hers and her father's.

Josh was looking for Estrella when he heard voices in the dining room. He had found one of her cats wandering around the castle, and wanted to bring it back to her before some unfortunate fate came upon it. As he entered the room, he noticed Sammael yelling at who must be his daughter, Sophia, and Valcan working to diffuse the situation. He decided to remain quiet, and slipped into a chair at the table. Thanatos was next to him, and Josh cringed. He hoped that his appearance would not blow his cover with Estrella and cause her to lose the trust he had built with her throughout the day. He looked at Estrella, hoping to catch her eyes and allow her to see that he had the other cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back