OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Reuben <3
Saveli Pendleton had worked hard all her life, been taught everything wrong and then taught everything right, and suddenly here she was at the apex of every lesson she learned. She'd taken to working out early in the mornings when Monty was home, and would jog around town. She'd wanted to get into shape again, considering carrying around a ten pound baby was a work out - she needed to exercise. Saveli had only just finished getting ready and snuck in to grab Ainmere back from Monty, with a grin. "Reuben is supposed to be here soon." She remarked, placing the baby in a cradled position, looking into her large brown eyes. The child looked too much like Reuben's sister to deny any family relation, and she only hoped that Roo knew that on sight. She'd not had much time to do any writing, preparing the house and making sure her baby was healthy. Of course she'd told Roo the baby was healthy, when it was born and the name that was on the birth certificate, not as if he was unaware since they'd chosen together. Saveli sighed with contentment as she brought the baby downstairs into the living room. She placed her on her stomach inside of the small gated play area she'd set up. It was charmed to not fall over, to be safe, and if Saveli only glanced through the doorway she could easily see the child. The blonde moved into the kitchen and brewed tea, and coffee, wanting there to be some food at least started for the two of them.

Once the kettle was boiling the girl walked lazily into the living room and begun to clean up. She wanted a nap, but she couldn't afford it when Rueben could arrive any second. Saveli was anxious to see how he reacted, they were both very young after all, and he was still in school. However Sav knew he'd love her all the same, and that he'd love this baby - regardless on how much time he had to spend away from the both of them. "Look at you." She grinned, looking at her daughter, who smiled at the sound of her voice. The pink onsie that had been picked out by Viviana was perfect sized now for the child, and she had to remember to take photos. The whistling kettle brough the mother from admiring her daughter and she went and poured cups, anxiously waiting.

Reuben had anticipated being nervous, but he hadn't anticipated being this nervous. What if the baby had Gabriel's face? What if it didn't like him? What if, when he picked her up, he didn't know what to do, how to hold her, or what to say? Having grown up with younger siblings, he was familiar with having babies around. He'd helped look after Remy, and he'd helped look after Reagan, taking almost as much delight as his parents when he took his first steps and said his first words. But this was different. This was Reuben's baby - if not biologically, then emotionally. Truth be told, he didn't care whether Ainmere belonged to him. It wasn't important. He loved Saveli, and he would support her no matter what. The only thing that worried him was that the baby would so closely resemble Gabriel that he'd think about him every time he saw her.

All of this had been brewing in Reuben's mind for three months, so that by the time he at last returned home for the holidays, he was nearly sick with the stress of it. Saveli had mentioned nothing of Ainmere's appearance in her letters. Was that because she was afraid to tell Reuben it was Gabe's? Merlin - there was no way of knowing. The only way to resolve it was to meet Ainmere. And he was going to. Today.

Reuben had made the journey to Sav's house many times, and it was not for the first time that he sat anxiously on her front step, trying to work up the courage to knock on the door. He felt pitiful. He ought to have been excited - and he was. It was one of the most exciting moments of his life. Yet it was also one of the scariest, and the conflict of emotion was paralysing. After a few minutes, he finally stood up. This wasn't a time to be cowardly. He was a dad, now. He had an example to set his daughter. His daughter. Because even if it was Gabriel's, it was still his.

Swallowing hard, Reuben rang the bell.

The blonde was hard at work, using as much magic as she could to prepare everything, and once she had some cakes set to the side for them, Tea waiting in cups, she walked over to her beautiful daughter and dangled the play-keys in front of Ainmere, who giggled and moved to swat at it, before finally there came a knock on the door. Breaking concentration caused the keys to land on the floor and the child to get a hold of them. The baby happily explored the brightly colored items with her mouth, and Saveli left her to it, knowing there was no choking hazard involved.

Once she had stepped out of the play area the blonde moved forward just slightly, looking around the corner to see if she could see the food and tea. She took a breath, this wasn't going to be so hard. She knew they were both young, but they had no choice - there was no going back. Saveli moved a little closer to the door, and then finally took the last few steps, straightening out her outfit before finally she opened the heavy oaken material. "Hey." She said gently, looking at Reuben. It was strange that every time she say him it was like the first time all over again. The Slytherin alumni threw her arms around him, bringing him against her in a close hug. Then she moved and kissed him, it was short and sweet, not wanting to get too physical on her father's doorsteps. "I missed you." She breathed before backing away, choosing her own pace at which to leave his side, knowing he always allowed her that freedom. "I'm sorry i haven't had much time to write, things have been crazy." She spoke with a small smile. "I hope you're ready to meet our daughter." The look in her eyes was a mix of love and insecurity as she walked into the living area and picked Ainmere up. The ginger headed baby glanced around with large brown orbs, full of curiosity and wonder. Saveli turned toward the entryway to the sitting area, and smiled. "Ainmere, your daddy's here. Aren't you excited?" She asked, knowing the baby couldn't understand her yet.

Reuben jumped when the door opened, as if he hadn't been expecting it. The sight of Saveli, in her plain shirt and jeans, her hair tumbling loosely around her rose-touched face, melted his heart all over again - the same way it did every time he saw her, whether they'd been one day apart or one hundred. He smiled into her greeting kiss, snaking his arms around her waist to pull her closer. On any other day, he'd have complained about the briefness of it.

"It's OK," he told her, grinning from ear to ear. "I missed you too." Then came the moment he'd been simultaneously dreading and looking forward to for the last three months. He exhaled slowly, cheeks puffed out, and nodded. In just a few short moments, it would all be over. Well, this part would be. In reality, a whole new life for them was about to begin. He followed her tentatively through the house, into the living room, his heart climbing higher and higher in his throat. Then it stopped beating altogether. There she was - Ainmere, his daughter, with her head of fiery red hair and her big brown eyes and an expression of ineffable wonder on her tiny face. He felt a part of himself surrender for everything that she was, and for the journey they would embark on together, just Reuben, Saveli, and Ainmere. Stepping forward, he took his daughter carefully from Saveli's arms, cradling her against his chest. "Heyy," he said, combing his fingers through her tufty hair. It wasn't like holding Reagan. It was like holding everything that had ever mattered to him in his whole life. He looked up at Saveli, glassy-eyed. "She's perfect." He planted a gentle kiss on the top of Ainmere's head. "Aren't you? Huh? You're perfect."

Saveli knew everything leading up to this moment was going to be stressful. Even before Reuben was in the picture again things were stressful for the young mother. She and Monty had spent a lot of time baby proofing the house to the best of their abilities considering how little the pair of them actually knew about tiny humans. The woman smiled at her lover, watching his eyes as he finally took in the sight of their daughter. It was amazing to watch love fill someone's orbs, the window to the soul. She felt in her chest pride for what they had created, even if they hadn't exactly meant to create her. Ainmere was theirs and it made her perfect. Saveli met Reuben halfway, allowing him to take the baby, trying not to seem anxious. She didn't want Roo to think she didn't trust him with his own daughter.

For a fleeting moment she wondered if he might drop the baby, and wordlessly did a mental check that her wand was in reaching distance in order to break the fall if he did. The blonde smiled watching the way his eyes glossed over. "Look at you, getting all sappy and sh*t." She joked, reaching out to pinch his cheek, before kissing the side she hadn't tried to pinch. "You're perfect. She looks so much like you." She remarked.

Monty didn't want to interrupt the moment between Reuben, Saveli, and their daughter, but he couldn't miss it. He wouldn't have missed it for anything. So he watched quietly from the living room door, smiling as the new father took his daughter into his arms for the first time. It was a touching moment, spoiled only fractionally by Saveli cursing in front of the baby. Monty rolled his eyes. "Hello again, Reuben," he said. He wanted to ask how Reuben was getting on at school, but knew the question wasn't presently appropriate, so instead he said, "Let me know if I can get you anything." Then he left them to it, still smiling long after he went into the kitchen.

Reuben rolled his eyes, trying to play it cool in spite of Sav's comment, though a fierce blush betrayed him - a blush that only deepened as he realised Professor Pendleton was watching from the door. "Thanks, Sir," he said, still not quite used to calling the man anything else. Then he looked back down at Ainmere, grinning. "Well, she is pretty darn cute," he jested. Though she was obviously his, he didn't feel the need to mention it. Perhaps he was afraid of being wrong - or perhaps it was because he wouldn't really have cared either way. He loved her unconditionally. "But I dunno. I think she looks like her mom." Reuben shook his head, marvelling over the bundle of perfection in his arms. "Man, it's so weird. Like, it's crazy. I'm a dad. And you're a mom. I didn't think I was ready yet, but this is the best feeling I've ever had in my life. She's so beautiful. She's perfect." After a moment, he transferred Ainmere back to Saveli. He hadn't held a baby since he'd been a kid himself, and he needed more time to stop feeling like she was constantly about to slip from his arms.

When Ainmere was settled back in her crib, Reuben sat down with Sav, his expression turning uncharacteristically serious. "I, um - I wanna talk to you about something. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but now I've held Ainmere, and... OK, so, you're probably gonna say no, but hear me out." Reuben sighed. "I wanna drop out of school. I know - I said I was gonna be an Auror, and my grades aren't bad, but... There's this farm. In England. It's pretty beat-up, 'cause it's owned by this old guy who can't even bend over to tie his shoelaces without pulling six muscles in his back, and he said he'd sell it to me cheap. Real cheap. I told him about you, and us, and I guess he kinda liked me because he's practically giving it away. Sav, we could buy it, and - and fix it up, and we could live there! I know it's not much, but I don't want to go back to school. I can't. I don't even want to be an Auror. I just wanna be with you, and our baby." He looked down. "We wouldn't have much money, though. But we could grow our own food, and we'd have animals, and we'd be OK. If you want me to be an Auror, then just say and I'll do it. But if I could choose, I'd quit right now and buy us the farm. Maybe you're not ready - and that's totally okay, too! We don't have to move. I'm just saying that... if you want to, then so do I."

Saveli felt her own cheeks heat at Reuben's compliments, and was so sure that she'd slap him gently if there wasn't a baby between them. Why he felt the need to compliment her the blonde didn't understand. Saveli grinned and laid Ainmere down into a crib she'd had set up so she could come down from the bedroom and still have a napping baby. It allowed her to clean, cook, and read with aInmere close by. She was sure the separation anxiety from her child would fade, but as it was she enjoyed the time they spent together. She grinned at her boyfriend nodding. "I was very concerned, but Viv was over helping for a while, and Monty is a natural grandfather. He loves her which helps when I'm stressed and just need a nap." She admitted sheepishly.

Her sheepish grin disappeared though when Reuben sat down and looked to her in a serious manner. She took a seat quickly abandoning the idea of hot tea as she watched him. When the bombshell slipped from Reuben's perfectly shaped lips Saveli nearly choked on her own spit. She wasn't about to interrupt though, not at the moment. He obviously felt the need to say these things to her, and Saveli needed to be a good lover and listen. At the end of everything Saveli leaned back. "That is a lot of information Roo." she breathed, trying hard not to be intimidated by the prospects. "Can I talk to my dad about it?" She hadn't talked about how much she had saved from being in school, how little she had left compared to before. Enough for a few weeks of groceries was that even enough? Would they have help if needed? The blonde waited, hoping Reuben would allow her that.

Perhaps part of the reason Reuben had talked for so long was because he'd been afraid of how Saveli would fill the silence when he finished. He hadn't missed her expression when he'd first raised the suggestion. She didn't want to go. She thought it was a bad idea. Reuben shrank fractionally, trying hard not to look dismayed. Maybe she just needed a little time. Maybe she was still figuring out how to be a mom, and all of this was happening too soon. "Yeah - yeah, of course," Reuben said, less enthusiastically than before. "Look, I know it's a lot to think about, and my timing really sucks, but I'm sure the old guy will wait. Talk to your dad, and... and think about it, but whatever you want to do, I'll get it. And I'll wait as you want. OK? I love you."

Saveli considered everything and for a moment thought to jump to the decision, however she knew better. She had a beautiful family on the line. Reuben could quit school if that made him happy, the Barn was the scariest part of everything. In Monty's house she had the comfort of her father nearby - but she could rely on that forever. Sav stood and smiled. "I meant I want to ask right now." She spoke, moving into the next room to talk to Monty. "Dad!" She called out as a warning that she was going to go to him. "Reuben just made... a strange offer." She spoke before quickly explaining what's reuben wanted to do. "I need guidance..." she admitted after telling him about the barn, hoping he knew what to do.

Monty startled, looking up from the grocery list he'd been writing. Immediately he was concerned. Strange? What did strange mean, exactly? Saveli soon explained, and Monty understood her predicament. It was a lot to take in, and a decision that couldn't really be made so quickly. Monty didn't know what to say. He liked Reuben, and trusted him, but encouraging his daughter to move out would never be easy - not even if Prince Charming himself came to whisk her away. Besides, it all seemed incredibly sudden. Had Reuben properly thought this through? Was he sure he could take care of Saveli, and Ainmere?

"I see," Monty said, after a moment. There were many questions on his mind, but one was more important than all the rest combined. "Well, how do you feel about it?"

No matter how old Saveli got, she couldn't help but feel like the concept of exploring her own wants and emotions was foreign. So when Monty came back at her with a question that meant she needed to look inside herself. The blonde felt her heart calm as she closed her eyes for a brief second adn thought. She loved Reuben, she loved their family, she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. This didn't make it easier to decide though, adn a part of her hoped her father would tell her what the right decision was, like he used to tell her when she needed to be home by. Ainmere was going to grow up loved no matter her choice, but the biggest part of this was making sure Roo was happy as well as she. Saveli looked back toward the other room and thought of how Selfish she had been, and took in a deep breath. She knew that the right decision was, and it was a hard decision, but it didn't make Saveli want to make it any less. "Thanks, Dad." She said, after a pause of a few minutes or so, having thought things though. "I want to be happy, and I think... the right choice will do that." She said with a smile, though it was ominous. However if Roo was eavesdropping she didn't want him to hear her open thoughts.

Saveli hadn't been gone ten minutes before she returned to her boyfriend's side. She took hold of his hands and kissed him so gently it almost wasn't there. Her grey orbs searched his brown ones and she glanced to their daughter for a moment. "Let's do it." She said, knowing in her heart what she wanted. She wanted them to be happy, and if that meant building up a home with a little struggle at first then that was what it meant.

While Saveli went into the other room to consult her dad, Reuben sat nervously on the edge of the sofa, pulling faces at Ainmere to try to make her smile. The Thunderbird knew better than to get his hopes up, but so much was hanging in the balance that his stomach churned as if he were about to propose marriage. He took a few deep breaths to calm his nerves, startling as Saveli returned within just a couple of minutes. That was fast. Too fast. Professor Pendleton had told her it was a ridiculous idea, and that she should stay home, and that Reuben was no good for her, and...

Reuben's racing thoughts were interrupted by the gentlest of kisses. He squeezed Saveli's hands in his, his eyes darting rapidly between hers. Had she kissed him because she wanted to let him down gently? Or because she was going to say yes?

"Wh-what?" Reuben said. "Really? You're not just saying that 'cause you want to make me happy, right? It's what you want, too? 'Cause you know I'll stay in school, and - and, you don't have to do anything for me, you know?" As much as Reuben wanted this, he couldn't if it wasn't what Saveli really, truly wanted as well.

Saveli squeezed his hand and smiled at him rolling her eyes slightly as he poked holes in the fact that she had said yes. A lithe hand reached out for his cheek and drew him into her, kissing his lips as a way of silencing him, hoping she could silence his mind as well. After a moment, feeling satisfied she might have done her job, Saveli pulled back and released Reuben. "You're not happy there. Obviously you want something different." She whispered, keeping his face close to hers unless he pulled back. "i love you, Reuben. I will be happy whatever you choose to do, as long as you promise to come home at the end of the night of whatever job you've picked, and eat my cooking and sleep next to me, I don't care what you're doing. You could be an exotic dancer for all I care." She laughed at her own joke, finally opening her grey eyes and bringing her head back so she could see him in better focus. "And I know i don't have to do anything for you, i choose to. That's what love is. Give and take." She said, kissing his cheek gently. "Speaking of, maybe we should see if Monty wants to take the baby for a little while, I have something I want to give you." She smiled at him, laughing slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back