Closed DInner for Two... or More

Abby chuckled, shaking her head lightly and standing. She finished her water as she walked away, setting her empty glass in the sink. She knew she was being a bit sassy, but if Graeme couldn't handle her being sassy then well, he was just going to have to find some other pretty waitress. She pulled herself up on the counter then, liking the added height it gave her. "Well..." She drew it out, pretending to consider it. "You'd have to come get it if you really wanted one," She teased him with an impish grin.

Graeme stood up, he waved his hand and the dishes began moving, cleaning themselves as he made his way over to her. He wondered if she liked being a little higher than usually. He moved to stand in front of him and smiled. "I'm here for a kiss," he said. "Please," he was feeling like this had gone pretty well, and he knew that their kids got along so well, which was just so nice.

Abby giggled. He was so cute. Deciding she was done teasing him, she grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him in, kissing him. It was soft, tender, like before, and almost shy. Her fingers traced up into his hair. She was perfectly content not to move, her other hand clutching gently at his shoulder. She could hear the boys in the living room though, and she knew she couldn't just keep kissing Graeme forever, no matter how appealing the idea had become. Breaking the kiss, Abby leaned her forehead against Graeme's, not bothering to open her eyes. "Hm... Is it tacky to ask about a second date?" She played idly with his hair, smiling gently.

Graeme was pleased she gave him a kiss, and was quick to move his hands to her waist and kiss her back. There was a swettness to it, that he hadn't experienced with anyone else and he was rather disappointed when she broke the kiss. She was still very close to him, his eyes were open, just looking so closely at her face. "No, because if you don't then I would....or Fraser would for me," he laughed lightly. "What about a walk, say like in two weeks?" he suggested, "Or sooner... maybe," He wasn't sure he wanted to wait two whole weeks before seeing her again..

Abby hummed softly, smiling and liking how close together they were. She giggled at his words. "Those boys are going to be trouble," She teased him. She leaned in and kissed him again, only half thinking about what he said. She was off today and tomorrow, but then she worked again until... "Mm, what about next weekend?" She asked. "I'm off Saturday." She murmured, playing idly with the hair at the nape of his neck.

Graeme laughed lightly, agreeing. He was happy to have another date so soon. "We'll be in South Africa the day before, but should be good to come on Saturday," He told her. He would ensure that Fraser got plenty of sleep before it so that he wouldn't be too tired before it happened. "It'll be so good, I'm already excited to see you again," he told her with a little smile. "Should we check on those kids?"

Abby couldn't help but giggle gently. "You have to leave before you can miss me, silly," She teased him. She pretended to pout a little as he brought up the boys. "Well, Zerrin can keep Fraser busy for a minute," She teased, pulling him back in for another kiss.

Eventually though, Abby sighed, knowing she needed to release Graeme. She pulled back, pouting and sliding off the counter. "Alright, come on you, we should probably get back to the boys," She smiled, reaching to grab his hand and pull him with her to the living room.

Graeme trusted Abby in trusting her soon to keep them busy and out of trouble. He was sure it was too and was more than happy to try and kiss her for the meantime. He kissed her for as long as she was letting him and then eventually pulled out. He nodded, "Let's." he squeezed her hand lightly and walked with her to the living room. He noticed the boys were watching a film, not one Graeme recognised and therefore one that Fraser wouldn't have seen. The boys seemed content and he could see that his son was very relaxed and he was sure he'd fall asleep. Graeme moved to sit with the boys, inviting Abby to be under his arm and sat down. "What film is this?" he asked speaking softly so he was quieter. Of course he immediately spotted Fraser moving to lean a little against at least his legs.

Abby smiled. The boys were really cute. She leaned into Graemes side, feeling very content. "This is Ponyo, that's Sosuke," She explained softly, smiling as Fraser leaned into the mans legs. That was adorable. Zerrin was stretched out on his belly, and she knew he'd be asleep before the movie was over. She slipped a hand over Graeme's knee, keeping it there and quietly watching the movie. When the credits began, she saw that both boys were fast asleep. "We can move them to Zerrin's bed if you'd like, it should be big enough for both of them," She whispered softly, noticing then that Fraser was in a pair of Zerrin's pajamas.

Graeme kept one arm around Abby and the offer was sitting on the top of his son's head. He nodded as Abby caught him up on the film. He watched it with some interest but was mostly focused on the family that was around him. He could feel the way his son was slowly falling asleep and by the movie's end his son had fallen asleep and then he glanced towards Zerrin had also fallen asleep. He looked back at abby, "Let's give them a minute...," he didn't want to disturb him too soon. "If Zerrin...needs any books, or robes ahead of school, let me know...I have lots of spare things," he said slowly.

Abby raised a brow, looking up at Graeme. "It's fine, I got it," She replied casually. She didn't bring up all the doubles she'd worked or the overtime she'd accrued. Abby had gotten very good at working on no more than four hours of sleep years ago. She decided to move past the subject, determined not to talk about finances with the man. "Zerrin will probably have you fluent in Studio Ghibli movies if you stick around," She teased him gently, squeezing his knee.

Graeme nodded, "Okay, but it would just be my old stuff, and then Zerrin can pass them to Fraser, so just let me know if you need anything," Graeme didn't want it to seem like he was trying to buy things or undermine her, but just that he had these things already. "I'm looking forward to it, I didn't have a tv growing up despite being muggle," he told her with a little smile. He was mostly looking forward to getting to know Zerrin more, and spending more time with him. He knew Abby was making the same effort with Fraser.

Abby eyed Graeme, mulling over what he said. "Just... bring by what you have and we'll see," She decided on, thinking she might be able to buy Zerrin something nice that way. She took the opportunity to snuggle a little more into Graeme, leaning up to press a kiss under his jaw. "You're a good dad, you know," she murmured softly. "Fraser really thinks the world of you."

Graeme nodded, he'd be sure to show her next time he could. He leaned into the kiss and gave a little smile. He appreciated the comment, he had always thought he managed but wasn't sure if he could be called a good dad, he had missed the first few years. "He deserves the world...." Graeme replied softly. "I know it's such a parent thing to say, but I would do anything for him just to be sure he's happy. I love him so much" Graeme couldn't imagine now his life without him. "Zerrin is a very sweet boy, you should be proud of him,"

Abby smiled, tracing her fingers in gentle circles on the side of his knee. "He is happy. You're doing well with him," She place another gentle kiss under his jaw. This was nice, the boys were asleep. It just... felt right. She nuzzled into his neck. "I am proud of Zerrin. He's strong." Abby sighed softly, lingering a moment before extricating herself out of his side. "Let's get the boys to bed. I've got them, you can go if you want to," She offered, moving to lift Zerrin up. She groaned a bit as she stood with the boy in her arms. "Zerry baby you're getting big," she mumbled to herself, shifting her weight to try and carry him to his bed.

Graeme was glad someone else told him Fraser was happy, he knew his son was happy or thought his son was, but it was nice to have someone else say it to him too. He then nodded in agreement. He let her extract herself from his side and then watched as she began trying to lift her son up. He shook his head softly, getting to his feet and hold out his arms. "Let me take him," he offered softly, he knew that Abby probably could manage but he knew he was likely stronger than she was, after all he did spend almost all of his professional life playing sports. "You can take Fraser,"

Abby looked up, letting out a soft sigh of relief when Graeme offered to take Zerrin. "Alright, here," She passed him the boy gently, moving to pick up Fraser. Her heart skipped when the little boy cuddled into her. She sighed shakily and headed for Zerrins room, tucking the young boy in and stepping aside to let Graeme put Zerrin in bed as well.

She slipped from the boys room and moved back to sit on the couch, looking up as Graeme came in with a smile. She patted the seat next to her. "C'mere you," she summoned him gently, still debating wither she was going to talk with him or just make out for a while now that the boys were asleep.

Zerrin was heavier than Fraser, but Graeme just adjusted the hold slightly and it was fine. He followed Abby to the boy's room and then let her put down Fraser and then alongside him Graeme tucked in Zerrin. He leaned over and pressed a quick kiss to first his son's forehead and then to Zerrin's before moving back out of the room and back to the couch. He smilied at Abby and moved to sit down next to her, moving his arm around her as soon as he sat down. "This has been really nice Abby, thank you for inviting us, and for giving me this opportunity to woo you," he told her softly. "I'm very glad Fraser became obsessed with your diner."

Abby slid her hand back over Graeme's knee, giggling softly at his words. "You should be glad Zerrin became obsessed with the two of you," She giggled, shifting up to pepper kisses up his jaw. "He's been asking about the two of you since that lunch," She murmured, sliding her other hand up the other side of his jaw. Abby felt like she and Graeme had taken a step tonight, though she wasn't sure what it was. She wanted to keep exploring it, though. She sighed and pulled back. "There is a slight problem though," Abby frowned.

Graeme laughed softly. "I'm very glad," he told her. He smiled at her, wanting to kiss her properly and was only stopped as she pulled away. He matched the frown that she gave and couldn't help but think about what the problem could be. "Yeah sweetie?" he spoke softly, trying to not seem too concerned about what this problem could be.

Abby sighed deeply. "Well, I know you're staying tonight too," she tried to explain. Afraid she could only show him, she sighed and stood up. "Come on," she motioned for him to follow and led him to her 'room'. "I would ask you to cuddle with me tonight, but..." Abby bit her lip, stepping aside a bit to let him see inside. Really, it was a walk in closet. Books were strewn everywhere, she had a small set of drawers. Her two uniforms were hanging, and fairy lights wrapped a bit around the hammock that hung in the corner. Her throw pillow and blanket rested on it.

She was blushing, rubbing the back of her neck and looking away shyly. "I... put most of our money into Zerrin," She admitted gently. "Everything he has is brand new, the absolute best I can find that I can afford... if I haven't needed to get him anything, everything that doesn't go to pay bills goes into his savings account." Abby sighed, wrapping her arms around herself. "I don't sleep more than four hours a night anyway... You'll have to take the couch, and its not big enough for us both."

Graeme nodded and followed behind Abby as she brought him to her room. He wasn't sure if she was pulling his leg or not when she walked into the room. He could see that she had really put Zerrin first, having gone for the bare essentiials for herself. He frowned lightly. He wanted to immediately buy her a proper bed, though he wasn't sure how well it would go down, really he just wanted to give her what she needed so this was easier on both her and Zerrin. IN his mind they did deserve the best. "I can see that...," he admitted with a little nervous tone. "Listen, let's go to the couch, sleep there," he told her, lightly taking her hand to bring her back out of the bedroom. He conjure a bed for the night, but he didn't want to impose on her. He knew there wouldn't be the space for both of them on the couch. "We can pretend we're teenagers during a sleepover, telling stories," he suggested, trying to not let her focus too much on it.

Abby blushed as Graeme took her hand, letting him pull her out of her room. She smiled shyly, lacing their fingers together. "Well... We could probably scrounge up enough pillows and blankets for a makeshift bed on the floor," She mused, unthinkingly trailing her other hand up Graemes' arm. "What do you think?" She looked up to him. Acting on impulse, she reached up, brushing his hair back and letting her fingers trail gently down the side of his face.

Graeme nodded, "Let's do that," he agreed. He leaned lightly into her touch. he would happily help out arranging things into a good little make shift bed and he was keen to make sure it was at least as comfortable as it could be. "THough I imagine we have to avoid taking apart the blanket fort," Graeme motioned to it.

Abby smiled, heart skipping a beat as he leaned into her touch. Honestly, this was kind of exhilarating. It had never been like this with Danny. He had been too confident, too sure of himself. Abby had never felt truly vulnerable with him, more like... more like a video game romance. The story was fun and exciting but say the wrong thing and you need gifts to fix your stats. Abby had always had to compete for Danny's attention, his time, his love. Other girls, his friends, Quidditch, Abby had never really been important to the boy.

But with Graeme... it all felt so... natural. Her fingers laced through his like they were supposed to be there. He was kind, and gentle, and honestly it was like that perfect cup of cocoa after coming in from the cold. Just sweet and warm. Abby slipped a little further into his side, enjoying the tiny touches. She giggled at his comment and shook her head. "We could probably build under the fort, and I bet we'll wake up with the boys in the bed," She smiled up at him, squeezing her hand before slipping away to start gathering blankets. "So tell me, superstar," Abby teased him, laying out her blankets. "Do you often go around building blanket forts with the ladies?" She threw him a playful smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back