Closed DInner for Two... or More

Graeme looked at the fort and then back at her, before laughing lightly. "Erm...I dunno if I'd fit very comfortably in there," he replied softly with a little smile, but he could at least be around it, or mostly out of it, so he did grab blankets and did begin placing them down in the right places. He laughed lightly at the statement. "Not really unless you count my mum," he said with a little smile. "We lived remotely, and the house was old..and when it was windy the power would go out, we'd light the fire and set up a blanket fort and huddle with some tea until it passed. My mum used to sing to me," He told her lightly, he hadn't dated much at all besides Maya and now her.

Abby chuckled. "We could make it bigger," She offered, moving already to expand the fort to better accommodate the man. She considered what he said, giving him a playful grin. "Ah, come on then, you don't really expect me to believe a good looking man like you doesn't have at least a few women waiting for you," She teased him, and pleased with her work, crawled in to lay down in the fort. She settled on her belly, propping her chin in her hands and smiling at him.

Graeme watched her expanded it and then settled in next to her. He shook his head. "My ex leaving with no word didn't really put me in the mood to put myself out there," he admitted softly. "Then I had Fraser, and I dunno...I didn't think I'd end up with anyone, but then I saw you...you are so beautiful and kind and I just for the first time in ages wanted to...not be alone," He had had plenty of people who wanted to date him, plenty of girls interested, his father had offered to help but until Abby nothing had interested him, and nothing would've made his heart go how it went with her.

Abby frowned at his words. How could anyone do that to someone as perfect as Graeme? She started to reach over, wanting to comfort him. But he continued on, talking about her, and Abby felt tears well up in her eyes. "Oh, Graeme," She breathed, and without thinking she pushed him carefully onto the floor, kissing him sweetly. She ran her fingers down his face, not realizing she was crying a bit even as her tears dripped onto his face.

"I... I always saw you, you know. When you would come in with Fraser. You were so sweet to him, you always looked so handsome and strong. But I... I was scared, you were so far out of my league, especially knowing you were a Quidditch players. Not only were you this- this sweet, caring man, you were dedicated and strong and passionate and I just- I was- I was so sure you wouldn't even look twice at me." Abby sighed, leaning down and running her nose gently up his jaw. "I just... part of me still thinks you're only here... for the boys," She admitted gently, biting her lip and hiding her face in his neck.

Graeme gave a little smile and frowned somewhat as he noticed she was crying. He reached up to wipe the tears away if she'd let him. He thought it was somewhat sweet that she believed him out of her league. Thoguh he knew that part of it was because of her ex and the probably residual feelings and sentiments from his leaving. He gave a little smile and shook his head. "Sweetie, I wouldn't have pursued you this much if I wasn't very much interested in loving you," he said, "If I wasn't I would've said, I would've been clear. You deserve love and if it wasn't from me, I wouldn't string you along for the sake of our children remaining friends," Graeme told her with a smile, moving her face to stop it hiding in his shoulder. "But, goodness Abby, you're so beautiful and sweet, kind and caring, how could I not want to fall in love with you,"

This was it. Abby had died and gone to heaven. Her heart kept stopping, restarting, stuttering. She whimpered softly. "Graeme," Abby leaned down, kissing him sweetly as she clutched at his shirt. It was several moments before she pulled away. She cuddled into the man, wrapping around him and focusing on the beat of his heart, the warmth of his arms around her. She flicked her hand lazily and a blanket spread out over them.

Abby sighed, placing a hand on his chest as the beating of his heart lulled her into the deepest sleep she'd had since Zerrin was born. Abby had never felt so safe, so warm, so content as she did in that one moment, lost in the haven that was Graeme Fergusson.

Graeme smiled softly at her and put his arm around her as they fell asleep. He like the weight at his side, it was an oddly familiar one. He slept pretty soundly through the night, but the hard floor did leave him feeling pretty sore when he woke up in the morning. He glanced down at Abby and noticed she was still deeply asleep but he could certainly hear the noise of his son being awake and he was sure that Zerrin was probably awake too. He very slowly and carefully pulled himself out of Abby’s hold, and got up. He was pretty pleased that he’d brought a change of clothes for both himself and Fraser and was quick to get changed into the clean and fresh shirt. He cast a quick quietening spell, to ensure that the noise they made didn’t wake up Abby premature. He got the boys from the bedroom and brought them both to the kitchen. Fraser was talking excited about the night despite the fact Graeme had been there for all of it. Some of it was in English and some bits were in gaelic when he got too excited. He shot Zerrin an apologetic smile for it, but finished off making the breakfast for the boys and had them both sat at the table with the meal in front of them. He was lightly sipping some coffee with more breakfast cooking for him and for Abby when she woke up.

Abby hadn't slept that hard in ages. She shivered as she woke up on the floor, groaning softly at the cold of having shifted from under the blanket and how sore she felt from sleeping on the floor. She sat up, stretching, and blinked. She was alone, which she immediately didn't like. She wasn't sure why but immediately her mind jumped to thinking she'd been ghosted. Graeme had come to his senses and left.

Sighing, and feeling dejected, Abby got up to start her day. Well, it had been nice for a moment. What time was it? She should really get back to Zerrin, make sure he had a good breakfast. She was groggy as she walked into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes. She stopped, freezing in place as she took in the scene waiting for her. The boys were giggling and talking loudly to each other, and there was Graeme. Sitting like a greek god at her kitchen table sipping on his coffee.

Abby's breath caught and her heart fluttered. She hesitated a brief moment, before biting her lip and moving to sit in Graeme's lap. She laid her arms over his shoulders, nuzzling gently into his neck. "You know, um..." Abby fidgeted a little, both trying to cuddle a bit and also trying to swallow her pride. "I mean... if you two want to stay the night more often... I wouldn't... be totally against... you getting a bed," She managed softly, too embarrassed as she said it to look at him. "I, erm... just, you know... if you were going to be in it more," She tried to hedge, knowing at least that Zerrin was paying them no mind.

Graeme glanced up as he heard someone walk in. He smiled at Abby, a little surprised to see her up already but not unhappy to see her. He moved to allow her the space on his lap. He could put a hand around Abby's waist and held her close. He took a drink of his coffee and then offered some to her. He listened to her words and was pretty happy she'd let him do that. "I'd love to spend more nights here with you, so I'll send some options," he told her simply, nodding, since he wanted to have a bed and he wasn't going to stop coming round. "Also, good morning sweetheart," he said, leaning in a kissing her cheek lightly. "Let me get your breakfast," He knew he might have to get up for that and he was definitely very content to remain as they were with his arm around her waist.

Abby relaxed as Graeme put his arm around her, humming softly. How could one man be so warm and comfortable? She almost felt like she could fall asleep again in his lap. She shook her head gently, turning down the offer for coffee. She was enjoying the light sleepy state she was in. She smiled warmly when he said he wanted to stay more, pressing a gentle kiss to his neck. "You make a surprisingly good pillow," She teased him gently. She yawned and tried to snuggle closer. She smiled at the term of endearment and the kiss, burying her nose between his neck and jaw. "If you were looking for a girlfriend, Graeme, now would probably be a great time to ask," She murmured, ignoring his offer of food for the time being. She was too comfortable to bother moving yet. "You know, while I'm soft enough I won't say no," She teased him. As if she would turn him down under any circumstances, but he didn't need to know that.

Graeme was glad she could relax against him. "I'm glad," he said, hoping she had slept more than enough and feeling so disappointed that he and Fraser would probably have to leave all too soon. It hadn't even occured to him to officially as her to be his girlfriend, and he smiled softly. "Okay," he said, he put down the coffee, glancing momentarily towards the children, "Hey Abby, would you allow me the honour of falling in love you with?" he spoke softly, his gaze moving to her, letting it soak up all of her. He was sure given everything that she would say yes. It was sappy, but asking her to be his girlfriend felt too plain and normal.

Abby felt her cheeks flush as Graeme chose possibly the cheesiest thing he could say to ask her out. She rolled her eyes but shifted in his lap to kiss him. "I suppose I could allow it," She quipped. She snapped her fingers and summoned a marker over. Picking up his hand, she scribbled her phone number on his palm. "Use some of that money to buy a cell phone, superstar. I work enough its really the only feasible way to keep in touch. Text me once its set up." She ordered suggested to him, kissing his jaw before shifting off of his lap.

Abby walked over to the boys, still both completely oblivious to her and Graeme. "Good morning, babies," She murmured, kissing Zerrin's temple and then Frasers'. She spent a moment chatting with them, rubbing a small circle just below their necks. Soon enough she yawned and excused herself to go shower. She knew Graeme and Fraser would probably leave after breakfast, and she tried not to pout too much. Fraser wouldn't let Graeme stay away for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back