Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">Full Name:
Graeme Fergusson

Date of Birth:
5th October 2022

Current Age:
I have just recently turned eleven. This was a pretty good time for me, as I had been waiting for the year in which I would go to magical school, and it is finally upon me. While my mother is not of magical blood she always made it clear to me about the magic that I have. And the wonders that I would create and conjure. My actual birthday was a small and quiet thing. My mother got the day off her work, the first time in ages, and we hung out. We drove to the fairy pools, and did a long walk up the hill side, stopping at several points so I could swim in the water. She watched from the sidelines, not wanting to get her hair too wet, as it would ruin it. I didn't care so much. She brought a picnic, we sat and ate. I told her all about school, she gave me gifts, we then went home, snuggled up on the sofa and watched my favourite ever movie. It wasn't filled with people, or family, friends or anyone, but that's what I wanted really.

Basic Appearance:
You could say I was pretty average looking in almost every department. I look like my mother, which is to mean, I have a thin face, small frame. Small nose, and thin lips. Though she likes to say that all she sees in me is my father. A man who was thin, but built, while I'm only young and therefore mostly just bones, she says that I'll grow to be just like him in that way. I have large silvery, grey eyes, my mother says that they look exactly like his had, the same shape and everything, but that during the first few years of my life I had the most blue eyes of anyone. Blue like the summer sky on a cloudless day. Which is no longer the case, as my eyes much more resemble a lightly overcast day. I quite like having eyes like mine, since everyone says they are unique, but I would trade them any day for something less like him you know. For the most part, I'm pretty average in everything. In the average area for height and weight. I'm pretty happy with that too. I am happily average.

Personality:
My ma calls me a sweetheart, but she has to, she's my mother, calling me anything else would be an insult to both her and me. I try my best at everything. I do things without question to help my ma, she does everything for me, so I do whatever she needs me to. She doesn't get angry if I don't, but she gets disappointed, and I don't like that. I definitely do not like letting people down, but I'm human, and sometimes I mess up, when I do, I'm not exactly kind to myself. I mean, when I mess up, I'll work twice as hard to make up for it. Give up something to help. I just don't like being a let down. I try to be kind to everyone I meet, but sometimes, people annoy me, and I have this small temper, which my ma says I get from my dad but that it'll be something that u eventually grow out of. That it is normal. I'm loyal to my friends, the ones I have, I'd do anything for. As I'd hope they'd do anything for me. I feel at times, I'm the reason all of my friends even hang out. As if I'm the thing that brings them together, but I'd rather that wasn't true. Way too much pressure on me. I'm generally pretty happy, I mean life is good for me, so it is easy to be happy.

Family:
I have fairly small family, or well, the people I class as my family. I have very few people in my life. I have my mother, she's a young woman, well young to me. She's like 39, or something. I'd say that's pretty young in today's terms. She's a small Scottish woman who has never really been out of the country, not even down to England. She sticks to Scotland, and her islands. My mother is a muggle but I love her all the same. She's a nurse, who travels from home to home delivering medicine, and overall care. She loves her job, but it keeps her away from the house and therefore me. Which she doesn't like so much, but we have to eat you know. Her name is Rosemary Macleod, since her and my father never married, and I was given his name, we have different second names. Which confuses people at times. They think I'm adopted, which I'm not.
My father, well I haven't seen him in years. He left just after I was born. Just took off into the night. I don't know too much about it. Just that he was young full of life and ambition, from some rich pure blood family who didn't in the slightest approve of my ma and him. He used to send me postcards of places that he was, but they stopped a few years ago. Oddly it was too long after the first time I showed I had magic. And my ma, the muggle told me all about it. I don't know why he left, or and frankly I don't really want to know. He left and he hasn't cared enough to return. I imagine that he's married with kids living a much grander life than mine and my ma's.

Pets:
I have a cat, my mother had a patient who gave her the cat to look after.it's a small munchkin cat. It stands barely off the ground. It's a pretty lively ginger cat. I called it Bruce, while small it's always come to my aid, even if it was more bother than use. It's a great little friends. During the many nights where I am without my mother he keeps me company. Which is nice. It's a bit of a hassle to keep, but I'm glad to have him.

Area of Residence:
Right now, I live in Skye in Scotland. I live in the middle of nowhere. Quite literally. My house is one of like three on this stretch of road, which is fairly close to the town of Dunvegan, but much closer to Nesit Point, which is a cliff point. It's tucked in the side of a small hill, with rising hills all around it. A small lake in the middle of this valley. It's pretty calm, not much happens. We get see the odd car on the main, single track road near the house. Most of the time in summer we see the hill walkers tired and worn out from the day. Although, come this summer, I'll be moving down to life in New Zealand with my mother's grandparents who moved there before I was born. They hated staying in Scotland, and moved, my mother wanted to send me to Hogwarts in Scotland, but decided it would make more sense for me to go to New Zealand, where my grandparents can look after me.

Blood Status:
With my muggle mother, and my pure blood father, it makes me half blood. Directly down the middle. Although I grew up without any magic, so I'm more of a muggle born than someone who knows anything about magic. Which is going to be fun when I get to school. And actually have to learn stuff that I know truly nothing about.

Heritage:
Well if it wasn't already pretty obvious, I'm a through and through Scot, with both branches of my family reaching back through Scottish history. My mothers side with very close links to the highlands, where as my father's family originate from further south, though he grew up in the isle of White, his father was a scot from Edinburgh, and my father was also born there. You have to go pretty far back to find anything other than Scottish roots in me.

Special Abilities:
Well, I don't really know what you would class as special really. As it's different, but since I can't yet do magic, this will have to be a none. I don't have any distinct abilities that make me any less different than anyone else. Like before, I'm pretty average in just about every way.

Interests or Hobbies:
With where I live, I've discovered a real love for hillwalking, and mountain biking, though my mum hates it, because it's fairly dangerous. And I always end up skidding and falling. Cleaning myself up, but waiting for her to bandage them up. I also love fishing, which is a slightly odd hobby of mine, but I do sail, and love rowing, so all of those sort of come hand in hand.

Additional Skills:
Well I went to Gaelic muggle school, so I learned Gaelic, I'm not great at it admittedly, though I try my hardest. It's not exactly a complicated language, but I've tried, and that's all anyone can really hope for. I'm not so good at languages in general. I try to learn them, but I just forget, so I don't bother as much anymore.

Strengths:
I guess this would be this like the fact I'm in good in school. Always do the work and the homework. And all that which is good fun. I'm also super tidy, seriously. I love making sure that things are clean and tidy. Which is fun for me. And good for my mother.

Weaknesses:
I'm not sure what these are. I get a little overly attached to things which never ends well. When I get left alone I end up having my imagination for company which very rarely ends well. I'm also the type who tries to be sure to that everyone else is happy before me. Which isn't exactly the most perfect thing to be.

Describe your character in three words:
Imaginative, outdoors, harsh

Favourite place to be:
Pretty much just at home with my ma. Or just at home. I love looking out the window, and seeing the huge hills, the low hanging cloud, and the high sun. I love the way the grass of the garden feels on my feet, the smell of the wood when it burns on the fire. I love how the rising sun, streams in the back, and the setting sun the front. I love talking with the people who pass my house. I love the sense of home and belonging that it gives me when I am there. It's everything.

Friends:
I've got a few friends. There aren't too many of us in the same year and by extension school, so everyone is sort of friendly with everyone. I do have few close friends, whom I'm happy I know, and will be upset to leave.

Hogwarts House:
I wish for Gryffindor, but I don't know enough to be able to chose something else. It seems like the good house.

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
Well, I don't know, I know nothing of the world I am about to step into, so, I can't with any authority say what I'd like to do with my time in Hogwarts and then later in life.

Best school subjects:
Well, I don't know yet.

Worst school subjects:
Same as above, I don't know

Extracurricular Activities:
Maybe some sports, I think it's a flying one. That could be a fun extra.

Graduation:
A long time!

Current Job:
Just a pupil for now. Nothing more interesting.

Plans for your future:
I don't know, really. I'm young, I don't know what doors it opens for me. I will find out, and then I'll know what I want to do with my life.

Your Patronus:
Probably a puffin. I like those.

Your Patronus memory:
Getting my letter. It was the best day. My mother and I went to Portreee and are out at my favourite restaurant. It was so much fun. We hardly ever do things like that. Which is why it was so good. It was the best of days.

Your Boggart:
My ma dead. I couldn't live without her. Seriously. She's everything I have.

Your Animagus:
A puffin, probably just like my patronus

Mirror of Erised:
I think I would see my father with my mother and me, we'd live in a similar but bigger house. We'd be a family and everything would be good. Everything would be perfect.

A page from your diary:
Diary,

I got my letter the day, it was amazing. I tell you I've never been so happy tae see a big of paper in my life. I was so glad. I'm a wizard. Best ever. I can't wait to go get supplies and be sorted. While it's my dad's world, I'd rather take part than not. Schools been fine, though the teacher I have this time around keeps asking why I'm no going on the trip to the mainland, and I would love to go, but it's three days and I'd rather no leave ma ma herself that long. I know I'll be leaving for New Zealand come the end of the year, but for now, I'd rather send time with her than no. It'll be nice to just spend the days with her. Much better.

Cheers,

Hey Emzies! I really enjoyed reading this, hope you don't mind me asking questions (I say that because my questions are never any good!). You can answer IC or OOC.

1. Would Graeme have liked any siblings, or not? Why?
2. Were there times when growing up without a Father was difficult?
3. If given the choice, would Graeme move from Skye?
4. What does Graeme fear the most (if anything)?
5. What makes him think that Gryffindor would be a good house?
6. Which house would he least like to be placed in? Why?
7. Will Graeme be at a disadvantage because he grew up without magic?
8. What's his relationship with his Grandparents like?
9. Does he have any other family? Aunts, Uncles?
10. Would Graeme have preferred his Mother's surname or not? Why?

Thanks for the questions Claire! I'll answer these IC, and anything OOC will be in italics

1. Would Graeme have liked any siblings, or not? Why?
Well, I'd both love and hate siblings. Mostly since they would really only be half related to me. I'd have to protect them and all that. I'm pretty good at looking after myself but, I might not be so good if I had someone else to look out for, you know? I love my ma, but I don't think she could handle more than one. Our house isn't big enough, and we wouldn't have the space, or the money to move. As much as I'd love someone to mess around with, and share things with, I don't think it would be good. Maybe once I'm away it'll be better. Right now, I'd really rather not

2. Were there times when growing up without a Father was difficult?
Well, I don't know what it's like growing up with a father, so I have nothing to compare it to. I love my ma. I love her a lot, she gave me everything I have. She could've put me up for adoption. So, while I might be lacking in some areas, I'm still a pretty lucky guy.
Graeme has never known any different. he's slightly wary of pureblood males, who would treat those they deem as lesser people unfairly. He'd be extra cautious in a relationship, and he would never leave a girl if he got her pregnant. Even if she made him miserable, he would stay with her, because he wouldn't want his kid to not have a dad.

3. If given the choice, would Graeme move from Skye?
No, I love Skye. I love Scotland. There is so much of the world out there I know, but Skye is my home. I grew up there. Grew up riding around the hills, in the glens. I grew up swimming in the water of the fairy pools, fishing off Portree. Skiing down the hills. Watching fog descend around Neist Point. The light house that sits there completely empty, looking like something out a horror movie. I grew up knowing towns as things the size of a few houses. Of the history of the clans, the celtic music and symbols. I wouldn't be able to get rid of Scotland, much less Skye. The fact I have to be so far from home, when hogwarts scotland is less than two hours away, just. I don't get it.
Graeme hasn't really been to places. He is a child of the hills. He knows rain and sleet and storms from the east. Winds from the north, and the odd sunny spell. He swims in freezing water, and enjoys the nature around him. He's been to Glasgow once properly. Never been to Edinburgh, or Inverness. He's been to Fort William, and Mallaig, but those are just like his home. Small. He just, he likes New Zealand, he'll learn to like it, but it'll never feel like home to him.

4. What does Graeme fear the most (if anything)?
Losing my ma. I love her, I would lose it if she got hurt or died. Apart from that, I'm a little scared of flying. I do it, but I hate it. And not wizarding flying, muggle flying. No thank you is what I'd say to that. Unfortunately, New Zealand is too far away to cycle.

5. What makes him think that Gryffindor would be a good house?
I dunno, it just seems pretty cool. I think I'd do well, but in the same way, I like the colour red a lot.
As much as his father was not really in his life, his mother often talked about the sort of man he was. The guy who had been a Gryffindor, braver than the rest, brash, foolish. Who did everything he did because it meant something to him. Did crazy or dangerous things because he felt that it was the right thing to do. He worked hard, had good friends and stood taller for the little guy. He would never admit it, or even think it was true, but he wants to be like his dad. Brave, foolish, noble. He feels subconsciously that if he got into Gryffindor that maybe his dad would want to be part of his life again.

6. Which house would he least like to be placed in? Why?
I don't know. Any would be fine, as long as the people I'm stuck with aren't complete crap.

7. Will Graeme be at a disadvantage because he grew up without magic?
Not really, he knows that while he won't know as much as some, everyone starts at roughly the same point. He can read about stuff if he needs to. But, they all hold their wand for the first time, and he believes that makes him no different, and no less able than the rest. Plus he grew up knowing of magic, it was just that his mother couldn't teach him anything, or show him anything.

8. What's his relationship with his Grandparents like?
I love my grandparents a lot, but, they are off there nuts. They are pretty old. They are Scottish, they are boardline alcoholics who barely remember who I am. They helped raise me, and I'm forever thankful, but they are driving me insane. So, my relationship with them is tricky.

9. Does he have any other family? Aunts, Uncles?
I don't know. My mother was an only child, so she had no siblings, obviously. My grandparents had brothers and sisters, but I've never met any of their kids, or their kids kids. And, on my dad's side, well, I know nothing. Just that he came from a rich, pureblood family who believed that just because there blood was supposedly pure that meant they were superior. I don't think I'd want to know that side either

10. Would Graeme have preferred his Mother's surname or not? Why?
I like my mother's surname. I think it would go well with my name, Graeme Macleod. It has a nice ring to it. But honestly, I'm alright with the name I've got. My ma never sought to change it, and I would be okay with it if she did. While it's my name, I'll give her the final say.

Thanks again! Hope these answers are good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back