GRAEME BLAIR FERGUSSON!

------------------------------------------------------------
Are you goin' to Scarborough Fair ?
parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme ,
FULL NAME
My full name is Graeme Blair Fergusson

MEANING
My ma was always really open to me about the meaning of my name. Mostly because it would be harder to come across a more scottish name than that. The first part of my name, Graeme, spelt, G-R-A-E-M-E, rather than G-R-A-H-A-M means, "gravel area; gray homestead". It's old english, but also a fairly common name, where I'm from. The next part, Blare, which can be both a girl's name and a boy's name is the name of my mother's father's brother who died many years ago, he was in the Highland army, and well died in battle. The name Blare, means, plain. So, forgiving the pun, it's a little plain. But, it's also spelt in a slightly different manner. Spelled as it should be pronounced. And the last part is Fergusson. Now, this name is an old family name. It shows that I, Graeme belong to old Highland clan of Fergusson. Something which hasn't really mattered since the fall of the Jacobite in the 1700s, but, it's still pretty cool I think. Fergusson means, is a patronymic surname meaning "son of Fergus." The given name Fergus, comes from Fearghas, derived from the Gaelic fear meaning "man," and gus meaning "vigor." So, all in all a pretty interesting meaning I find.

WHY
I couldn't be sure as to why for all of the names. Since my ma always changes it up a bit. Graeme, as my first name has no sort of reasoning other than it being my ma's favourite boys name. While pregnant she had a lot of time on her hands, and so picked up a baby name book and just found ones that she liked. Then, when I was born, the name, just seemed right. Better than all the others she had thought about. Which I like. I like the name Graeme. While a little more common than I'd maybe like, it suits me. And I would never switch it for something else. Really. The second part, Blair, as I said before is my great uncle's name. My ma was pretty close to him in the time they spent together which was why had I been a girl, the middle name would've also been Blare. I don't really use that name much. It's just a name I have that I barely use. It's good. I like it, and I love the idea of my great uncle being a great soldier, carrying the name with pride. The last part, is Fergusson. Which has origins in the old clans of Scotland, so I guess that's where it's from. I don't know if I'm a direct relation, but in any case, I like the name. While I would maybe prefer to have my ma's name, I'll happily stick with this one for now. It's one of the only real connections I have with my dad, so I'm not complaining.

NICKNAMES
Considering my name is pretty short, I don't exactly have one. I sometimes get called Bike. Which is mostly because I cycle everywhere. It's a pretty small island, but my ma has to use the car for her work, and has no way of getting me to school. So, most of the time I cycle. Even if I end up being late, because the roads are icy or things like that, the teachers are good about it. They understand that it's hard for my mother. I get called that, mostly by the folks who I don't really know all too well, and would sort of feel odd calling me by my actual name. But, beside's that, everyone just calls me Graeme. I've had a few call me Grey. Which is odd, and I didn't really like it. But it was something that happened.

D.O.B.
I was born on the 5 October 2022, in my grandparent's old home in Skye. I was born really late at night. But, my ma says it was really simple, like took no time at all. Which she says she will always be thankful for.

PROFESSION
When Graeme dropped out of school before the start of his seventh year, he joined the Pride of Portree quidditch of which he's remained a part of since then as one of their chasers. When he was eighteen he was also accepted on to the Scottish National quidditch team. He enjoys playing for both teams, though the work can be quite demanding.

CHILDREN
Graeme has one child, Fraser Corby Fergusson, born to Maya "Corby" Fergusson, he didn't meet the child until a little after their third birthday. He was brought to Graeme after something happened to Maya. They had been divorced for about four years, and it seems to Graeme that Fraser was part of the reason she left.

FATHER
Colin Fergusson. That's my dad. But he's not much of one. I barely know anything about him. He's a wizard, from a pureblood wizard family. He attended Hogwarts Scotland, or Durmstrang. I don't know. He looks sort of like me, but not really. I've not seen him since I was three years old, and frankly I'm alright with that. I don't want to know the guy who ditched me and my ma.

MOTHER
Rosemary Macleod. I love my ma. She's the best person that I know. She's in her late thirties, and incredibly loving and kind. She looks young for age. She went to school in Skye but attended University in Aberdeen, where she trained to be a nurse. She took time out of her work to have me, but went back to work when my dad left us. I'm always super glad that she's my mum and not someone else.

SIBLING(S)
My families pretty small, my ma's had boyfriends before but they've never lasted too long. So, she's never had any children apart from me. Which makes me an only child, and while I don't mind it. It would be nice to have someone to play with every once in a while. But, I am an only child and am happy to deal with such a thing.

OTHER:
Grandparents on my ma's side are the ones I'm going to go live with during school. I didn't want to. They are pretty old, and I don't want to have to be the one to deal with them all the time during my holiday's but, they helped look after me when I was young. So I figure that I sort of owe them a little. They are both lovely people, incredibly open minded and kind, but they are old, and going a little insane. Which makes things hard for me, because most of the time I don't know what's going on. I've seen it get worse and worse, but they've always refused to do anything about it. They moved to New Zealand a few years back, so I've been stuck on this sort of place where, I'm looking forward to seeing them again, but from the phone and video calls, I'm sort of thinking it'll resemble a riot of some sort.

I have my whole dad's side of the family, but since, he doesn't really want to know me, I'm not that keen on meeting them. I'm just not interested, so I kind of am just happy to be alone with my ma and her parents.

PET(S)
I have a little munchkin cat. It's a tiny little thing. It's so small, and it's got tiny little legs. It's a ginger little thing. I've had this cat for about two years now, and even though it's really small because of the type of cat that it is, it'll always be that small. Which I'm half happy about, half sort of sad about, because if it got bigger I wouldn't have to be sure I always knew where it was. Unfortunately though, the cat won't be able to come to school with me. At least not in first year, because of the fact that it can't fly, or wouldn't be able to for until after like 6 months of being in quaratine, and I'd rather not do that to him. He's my favourite thing in my life.

BLOOD STATUS
I'm half blood. My mother is muggle, as is all of her family, and my father is magical like all of his. Though I've grown up as a muggle. My mother was always open with me about what she knew about the magic world, as was the few letters I got from my dad, so I know bits, but, I'd say I'm more muggleborn than I am magical.

THOUGHTS ON BLOOD STATUS
Well, I don't really have many thoughts on this, mostly because it's never been a thing for me. Only recent has it, being a real problem come to light. Okay, I guess that's a bit of a lie. Since my parent's aren't together because of the fact that his pureblood family forbade him to be any part of my ma's life and therefore mine. Which is a little frustrating, but that's hardly to do with my blood type and much more to do with his. I don't understand why those people can be so narrow minded about it. My ma's a wonderful person, and it's there loss.

HOMETOWN
Since I sort of live in the middle of nowhere, literally, I'd say my residence is Skye. And while I do have an address, it's only really close to Dunvegan, that's the nearest "town" of sorts. It's super small so you can't really call it a town. Our closes neighbours are at least a ten minute drive. It's good. However, since I'm moving to live with my grandparents that would be my current residence. I also don't really know where they live, but that's mostly because on the only map I have of New Zealand, it's not really marked. But, I'm nervous about it. Any thing will be so much bigger than what I'm use to. Even the biggest town in Skye is much more a minature town in places like New Zealand. I think. It'll be a change. But I heard at least the weather's sort of similar so that'll be good.

CURRENT RESIDENCE
It's really not much, it's in the middle of nowhere. Because of the nature of that, it means that my hometown and my current residence are sort of the same. But, the house that my mum and I share is a small place. It's three rooms in total. I sleep on a makeshift bed which folds in the corner of the living room. My mum has a small room, and we share one bathroom. The kitchen, and the living area are sort of in the same room. It's not massive, but since it's just ma and me, I don't mind. It's just the right size for us. Even if whenever my ma gets drunk she always tell me about how she wanted to have an extra room for me, because she feels bad. I don't mind it at all. Sure, it's a little small, but I love ma. I trust her.

ETHNICITY:
Both my parents are Scottish so that makes me Scottish as well.

THE PLACE TO LIVE
Well, since I'm going to be living in New Zealand for the most part during the year, for at least the next few years, the place I'd want to live the most would be back in Scotland, back in Skye. I love seeing the world and all that, it's an amazing place, don't get me wrong. it's amazing, but I love Skye. I love my home.

PREVIOUS HOMES
Since I have lived in the same place all my life, this will only become true when I move to New Zealand, and I've not yet done that.
FIRST HOME: My first home was the one I've spent most of my life in, it is a small one story, one bedroom house. It's at the foot of a hill near neist point in Skye. It's got a little garden, and wood fire, it's good that homey smell, and everything that we could need, though often the power will go out due to high winds.
SECOND HOME: Much like my first house, my second doesn't differ much, I got it just after being accepted on to the Pride of Portree quidditch team, it's a slightly bigger house with an upper floor which has a magical charm that will enlarge when needed to. It's a pretty decent sized home, likely smaller than most would really enjoy but the perfect size for me.

KNOWN MEDICAL CONDITIONS
Apart from being allergic to milk, nothing. I have no medical conditions that are known to me. I'm as fit as a fiddle.

SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Hetrosexual, Graeme has never really questioned his orientation, he has never been attracted or taken much pleasure in the male form, so he much prefers girls.

CURRENT RELATIONSHIP STATUS
Graeme is divorced. He was briefly married to Maya Corby but she left one night and never returned.

CRUSHES PAST AND PRESENT
I had a small crush on the girl who lived not too far from us when I was like five. My ma said it was adorable since, I was so young, but I was practically in love with her. But, nothing happened and she moved away.

FIRST KISS
His first kiss was with Maya Corby

FIRST FRENCH KISS
Again, his first french kiss was with Maya Corby

PAST RELATIONSHIPS
Graeme married Maya Corby, she and Graeme met in Hufflepuff and have always gotten along, until in his last year of school, Graeme finally plucked up his courage and asked her out. Graeme does love Maya even if he's not the best at showing it.

FLINGS
None yet

THE FIRST TIME
None yet

HISTORY
Born in the late evening of October 5th, Graeme came screaming into the world. He was born in his grandparent's old home, near Lower Breakish in Skye. They had been on their way to the nearby hospital, but everything had happened so quickly that there had been too little time for that. Graeme was born with a small tuff of brown hair, and the bluest eyes. He was not a quiet baby. He cried and cried, louder than anything. It was only after the third night of seemingly endless crying that, Graeme's mother managed to make the young boy be silent. The birth itself was relatively quick, and over almost as quickly as it began. During this time, Graeme's father was with his mother. They both held the young crying baby, and travelled back to their home. After that, Graeme grew up pretty quickly. By the age of one he was much more advanced than most little children. And ultimately inseparable from his father. His father was the only member of their family currently working, as his mother was not. Things were fine during this time. His father spent less and less time with the family. Spending more time out late. Graeme was a growing child who was restless and ran around the house a lot. Sat outside and spoke to many of the people who ended up passing the house. He was a chatty young child. Not in the slightest shy, and seemingly always looking for adventure. From the age of two, Graeme's parents got into more and more heated arguments. Mostly over the fact that his father spent less and less time at home, and was bringing in almost too little money to feed a growing child. These continued on into the nights, Graeme while young at the time, can remember the constant shouting. He doesn't ever remember what they were about, but he remembers the shouting. Things got worse and worse as the year progressed. Graeme became more quiet barely talking to anyone, and being a lot less active.

After his third birthday, his father went out to work one day, and then simply didn't come back. Graeme barely remembers his father, and much less what he looks like. His father takes the time to send him a postcard every so often, but that's all. A week after he left, his mother got a job, and split her time between Graeme and her job. She worked hard, and was glad for the local nursery and her parents who helped her out a lot. Since the ending of his parent's relationship, and the fact there was no longer any shouting in the house, the young boy began to be more like he had been. An active young boy who was chatty and friendly. Doing things he shouldn't because they seemed fun. He would climb over all the furniture. At one point he tried to climb up the chimney, there was no fire on, but he managed to fall back down and badly sprain his wrist. He started primary school, and this was a real relief. He was doing full days and aftercare. Which his mother could then fit her schedule around. Which was good because just after Graeme's sixth birthday. His grandparents who helped look after him decided to move to New Zealand. This was a huge move, and Graeme was very upset when they left. Though he had even at that age noticed that both of his grandparents were getting very old and not as able to look after him. This however left Graeme and his mother in a bit of a jam, as neither was that able to bend their time to fit the other. Graeme had school, and she had work. Graeme took the bus to school some days and on others he took his bike. He'd bike home, and just be home alone until she got back. This home alone has lead to Graeme having an incredibly vivid imagination, leading to really awful nightmares, and really clear dreams. As he grew older, he spent more and more time helping out around the house. Cleaning and tidying as he went along. Happy for the fact that it meant that she could just come home and spend time with him. Because of this, Graeme has become very independent at a young age. Which may not bode as well upon arriving at Hogwarts. His mother was always honest with him about the magic. With the first sign when he was a little over six, and managed to stop the plant pot from breaking as it fell off it's stand.

Graeme got his letter when he turned eleven, and after receiving the letter, his mother told him that he'd be living with his grandparents while at school. Graeme is sort of hesitant about this, with his own fears about how his grandparents will be. He loves staying with his mother. During this year too, he has achieved some fairly high positions in his school. Much to pleasure of his mother. Graeme hasn't heard from his father in over a year, though he doesn't care, or says he doesn't. He'd like his father to care about him. But, since he's not even around, he thinks it's a pointless little wish. Graeme is very ready to make the move to New Zealand. Even if it means leaving behind all his friends, and the mother he loves dearly.

on the side of a hill ,
in the deep forest green
HAIR COLOUR
I have naturally dark brown hair. It can go slightly different shades depending on the weather but I just have dark brown hair. It's not like my ma's at all. She has the blondest hair I've ever seen. If it wasn't for the fact she dyed it really often I'd think she was like a platinum blonde or something. I figure that, it means that my dad is also dark brown in hair colour. However, my ma likes to tell the story of how she was absolutely convinced that I would be ginger. My ma's ma was a ginger, as was my ma's dad's dad, so they thought that I'd be the next ginger in the family. Thankfully I wasn't. But, I do have the really pale skin that comes with being ginger most of the time. I wouldn't mind being a ginger, but, I'm sort of glad I'm not. Since, there's this one kid in my primary class, whose ginger and he get's called like carrot top and all that. Rather glad I don't have to deal with that.

HAIR HAS BEEN DYED
I'm young, and a guy. I don't think I'll be dying my hair any time soon. Or at all. Maybe streaks. Always thought it would be cool to have blue streaked hair, or have like blonde strands for the hell of it. But, I'm not wanting to do that right now. I'm sort of happy with my hair, and since I'm happy I'm not in the mood to change it. My ma's always been really open about the fact that if I want to try different things she'll always let me. Which I'm glad about. She thinks it's like reverse parenting, by the fact that she accepts it, it won't ever be something I could rebel over, so it would be a win for everyone. But, she alway's tell me to always be myself, and if that means I want to try different hair colours then I should.

EYE COLOUR
My eyes are a silvery/grey sort of colour. In the early pictures of me they were a light blue colour, but this changed when I got older and they became the colour they are now, which is grey. I have my dad's eyes as well as hair. My ma's always telling me about how we have the exact same eyes and that's pretty cool. I guess. My ma has the bluest eyes, and while I've sort of wished for much more normal eyes, like hazel or blue, I've been stuck with grey and I sort of like it more and more. With each day, I guess I sort of just get a little bit more used to it.

HEIGHT
I'm small, but I'm also young. I guess I'll grow and for that, I'm happy. I couldn't imagine being small all my life. But, I guess I'm possibly just always going to be average height. my ma's not overly tall, but she's not short either, sort a good inbetween point. I hope I'm taller than at least her. Which might be possible if I grow much more over the next few years. Which I'm hoping will happen fairly soon. I'd like to stand a little taller by the time I start school. And it makes buying uniforms for school easier.

BIRTHMARKS
Apart from a few little freckles on my nose, and a few beauty spots. I have nothing. A few small scattered scars from falls from my bike, but nothing major and nothing overly noticeable. Which I'm happy with because as much as they'd make me stand out. I like the idea of me being completely and utterly normal. Not that I'm overly different from most, but, I do like fitting in with a crowd. I would hate to really have that much more. My mum's the same. We look very alike, with very clear skin bar a couple of freckles. We also have the same sort of small nose which is funny.

BODY TYPE
I'm a thin guy, I'm young and I exercise a lot, so that means I burn a lot of energy and well, I stay fairly thin. I also think that the winter's get so cold that I store up food for then, and then end up losing all the weight I may have gain over the year. I'm not too thin though. Like with my height, I sort of look normal for the age I'm at, and the stage I'm at. It's better than anything else. I couldn't imagine being either too thin or too fat.

BLOOD TYPE
Just like my ma, I'm a B+ blood type. She told me that, and while I'm not quite sure what that means, I just know that I'm that blood type. I've never given blood, or been given blood, but my mum thought it would be good for me to just know, so that if anything happened, and she wasn't there, I could let them know. Like when I was in school.

WHICH HAND?
Like most of the rest of the world, I'm right handed. It's the very clearly dominant hand, though my writing is pretty bad. I've attempted to write with the other hand, but it's so bad. I've never really done it for more than like one tiny word. I just can't. So, I'm right handed, and I couldn't even barely attempt to be ambidextrous. Like nah.

SIGNATURE
To come

VOICE
Seeing as I was raised in Skye, in North Scotland, by my also Scottish mother, I have a pretty strong Scottish accent. I say things different. Leave letters out, and shorten words at random. Sometimes, my grammar's pretty bad. I'll say thing like nae, instead of no. Sometimes I'll say how, when I mean why. Mostly it's just a bit of a scottish edge to it. Pretty noticeable, I have tried to lose it, but I can't. It's really very much a part of me. I like it too. None of that normalness of English. I have my scottish accent, and I'm proud of it.

I CAN SPEAK
The school I attended in Skye was a Gaelic school, so I can speak Gaelic. I'll probably lose it while at school, but right now, it's only slightly worse than my english. When I do speak gaelic, it always I find makes me sound more Scottish, and as if I could like actually carry a tune, even if I can't. And I would be hopeless at singing. I like speaking Gaelic. It's one of those Languages that is sort of dying away. Even if it's everywhere north of like Loch Lomond. But, I like it.

I AM ALLERGIC TO
I'm lactose in tolerant, and have been all of my life. It's a little annoying but I deal with it as best I can. It sort of means that I can't eat a lot of things. But, it's a little temperamental, because I can take goat's milk from time to time, but cows milk just doesn't agree with me. I do however really like Soya milk. It's the only thing I'm allergic to, but it's also the most annoy possible thing I could be allergic to. I really would love to eat like chocolate cake, or really cheesy pizza or something like that, and I can't. Which in part leaves me upset, but I guess it makes things like dieting a little simpler. Which is something I could at least pretend to be grateful for.

PLAYBY
Xavier Dolan

PREVIOUS PLAYBY
Francisco Lachowski

without no seams nor needlework ,
tracing a sparrow on snow-crested ground
CHARACTER LIKES
I like a lot of things. I'm not that fussy a guy. I like to have freedom, I like my country. I like weather, more or less all weather types. I'm a huge fan of fantasy novels, and things like that. I enjoy reading a lot. I enjoy cycling, so you could say I like that too. I like helping out around the house with my mother because that makes her happy, so that makes me happy. I like having school work to do, because it keeps me busy. I like spending time with people. I like hillwalking and being outdoors. I love talking to people, and think it's silly to be nervous. I like doing stupid things where I know I might get hurt, because I believe in risky. I like running around and being with my friends.

CHARACTER DISLIKES
I don't like a lot of things either. I don't like flooding, I don't like when the sheep get on the road, while I'm cycling I always end up skidding and falling off my bike. I swear, it's super annoying. I really only actually like my cat, that's the only pet I really like. I don't like when people are mean to one another, but I probably wouldn't do anything to stop it. When people start yelling at one another I really hate that. I can't stand it. It makes me want to cry like so much. I stop myself but, it makes me upset. I just. I hate it. I don't like when i'm forced to do things. I really don't like being restricted. And my ma hates this, but I really hate jackets. I just I can't stand them. I always wear jumpers and thermals, never a jacket. She says it's something I get from my father but, I just can't stand it. Pretty trivial, but I'm young what do you expect?

BOGGART
I would say that it would be flooding. I don't know why, but I get scared of that. That and deep water. I can swim. I'm a fine swimmer, but if the water is too deep and I register that a little too much, I panic, and I just can't deal with it. The same with flooding, in a way. I'm always really afraid that a flood will destroy my home, and that I'll be left with nothing. It doesn't ever flood bad enough that it even reaches my house, but there are times when it gets pretty scary. I'd just hate to work really hard to get everything perfect for it to then be destroyed by water. I feel so bad for the people in flooding areas where it can happen on a yearly basis. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. I would have to move, like so far away from everything for me to be able to handle it slightly.

PATRONUS
I'm sure mine would be a puffin. Which is a small bird which spends a lot of time in Skye during the summer seasons. I always go to see them, and feel really lucky that I can. They are small but sturdy and exist in many parts of the world.

PATRONUS MEMORY
This is a hard one. I have so many truly excellent movies. I think though, it would be my last birthday. I always get the day off, and my mother had taken a day off too, and the later shift the next day so we had all day to do whatever we wanted. So, I was happy to just spend the day with her. But then I got my letter. First thing in the morning. Long before the postman had arrived, and I got it. I was so happy. I was jumping up and down with my ma who was equally happy. We both ignored the fact that it would put us in two very different corners of the world. Instead we just spent the day together. We took the car to the fairy pools, and spent the day walking along side the blue water. I took a swim, and she took so many pictures. We had lunch, and then we headed to the west of the island, so that we could watch the sunset from the most perfect point. We ate dinner on the stoney beach, and watched the sunset over the atlantic. Heading home as there was still enough light to be able to make it easier. When we got home, we sat and watched tv, and my ma told me how proud of me she was. That no matter how annoying it was that the trait came from my dad that she was proud of me, and would always be proud of me. It was a perfect day. I've never had a day like it again.

DREAM
To come

DEMENTOR
This is one of two things. It would either be my ma dead. Because she's the only person always in my life. Providing for me, making sure I have everything and being just generally a super person. She loves me, and I love her. We get along great, and I would be completely lost, if I were to lose her. Plus it would mean that I'd have to live with my grandparents for the rest of my life, and I don't like the idea of that. Also really good people, but they are a little more than insane. And, according to my ma, a bit of alcoholics. Which isn't great. And the other would be losing the house. Even though we've had some close calls, and the fact I won't really be living their next year. I'm sort of very apposed to the idea of no longer having even the option of going to the house. I love it. It's the best thing I have and I would hate to lose it forever.

VERITISERUM
If I had one truth that I would spill while under the influence of this, it would probably be that I really don't think I belong in New Zealand. I miss my home so much, I don't know why I'm still here and I spend a part of every day staring out of the windows of Hogwarts wishing I was back home. I don't know why I was sent to the school. So I guess I'd just talk about how much I think about leaving. I tell people I'm home sick, but it is so much more than that. It is so much worse than that really. I think about leaving, every single day. I mean, sometimes I just think about walking my way back to Scotland. It's ridiculous I realise that, but sometimes that is really all that I think about and it's the thing I hold closest to my heart.

MIRROR OF ERISED
I know it's somewhat cliche, and I don't exactly know why it's something I really would see, but I know I would see my parent's together. Happily together. Mostly my ma happy. And I'd be there. I'd have a few more siblings and we'd be a real family, living in some super large and nice house. That I'd learn simple magic now, and spend time with him. I would see my family, that I don't have, I don't know why. I love my ma. I love it being just the two of us. But there are days when I wish for something more. Just a little bit more than what I already have would be perfect.

AMORENTIA
I guess I like many, I don't really know my favourites. I guess I really like the smell of things like grapes, and apples. Fruit. I also like the smell of the fresh air, and the ocean. Even if most don't. I like the smell of grass on occasion. I like the smell of fire wood, and a freshly lit bonfire. I like when things smell of peaches. I'm not one of these people who has a really great sense of smell, so it has to be super strong for me to like even make it out. So most of the time, I don't. Which makes this hard to answer.

I LOOK UP TO
I don't have all too many people in my life that I can look up to. It's a sort of difficult question. I'm not one of these guys who watches tv and finds their idol there. I love my ma and I appreciate everything she does for me, but, she's not someone I look up any more than I should anyway. I guess really oddly for me, it would have to be the postman. I know you probably don't believe me, but I do. I know rain or shine, that man will deliver the post to everyone within a ten mile radius of where I am. It's pretty incredible. I always have a chat with him, if I'm in. He's a good guy. A friend of my ma's so we know each other any way. He's always been super kind to me. Talks to me like an equal and not like a little kid. He's got a great work ethic. I'd love to be just like him in years to come. Though, I'm not entirely sure if being a postie would suit me. I would only have my bike, and that wouldn't be great if I was suppose to be doing all the post in a day, and carrying it all.

FAVOURITE PLACE TO GO
My home in Skye. I know that it seems like a really dull place, but I love the house I share with my ma. It's a super small, one floor house. With two bedrooms, though my room is a tiny little thing. I love the house. I love the way it looks the small smells. The way the main living area has a fire. The garden outside, and the hills that surround it. Never looking the same two days in a row. The way the house is just small and cosy. That it feels like this magical place where nothing bad can happen. That no matter the sort of day I've had, I'll always find comfort in it. I guess it's probably mostly true. Since it's home. It's the only place I've really known. Which is why, I'm going to really hate, in the beginning being so far away from it. I just don't know how I will cope being unable to always go back to it.

RELIGIOUS BELIEFS
While I wasn't actually baptisted, I attended catholic school, and went to mass. I would say that I do believe in god. I believe in a higher power, that there is someone, listening to my prayers and that even if things go wrong, and I do things that are wrong that they won't turn away from me. I don't know how this will change when I go to the magical school, since I imagine it's pretty different, but, I'm hoping I don't lose it. Or stop believing. I know to some it can be silly, but knowing something is there is sort of reassurance that I'm never really alone. That there is someone who will always love me. I've believed in god my entire life. I don't see why it would make a difference if I would truly be in the religion officially, or if I'm practicing without a few key points. Most of the time, I don't go to church, as the church is pretty far away and most times I just wouldn't be able to go to it. But, I'm happily what I am. And while I don't preach about it, or talk about it. If someone asks I answer honestly.

POLITICAL ALIGNMENT
People would probably quite right call me a nationalist. I love my country and I would fight to the death for my country, but I believe in the equality of the people in the world, and I believe in helping those that are the poorest. I feel like I'm open minded, I just also really wish for Scotland to reach it's full potential and I think for that sometimes it needs to independent.

ZODIAC SIGN
I am a Libra, which means that my element is Air, the ruling planet is Venus, and stone is meant to be like Opals or something. I'm not sure. It's something odd, and something I don't quite understand most of the time.

ZODIAC DESCRIPTION
Libran's Secret Desire: To live an easy, uncomplicated life.
Every adolescent Libran's fantasy is to find the Prince or Princess of their dreams. As their lives unfold, the experiences, false starts, dramas, broken hearts and disillusionment they encounter seeking this personal Holy Grail, often shapes their futures in the most extra-ordinary manner. Love and love-lost makes a big difference to the Libran although their often happy-go-lucky appearance against all kinds of odds may not reveal this as fact. Librans can switch off from the world around then and during these periods much more occurs on the deep innermost levels of the Libran's psyche, than their closest companions imagine. Many Librans after establishing a lifestyle that somehow falls short of their childhood dreams, manage to conjure up a most independent life and keep up an image of being dedicated to a "close relationship". They can escape into obscure role playing - and often this makes them extremely successful business people. When it comes to romance and love, Librans can be difficult to fathom yet in business many Librans discover they can not only be creative, but it provides an opportunity to express the more diverse sides to their personalities. Their charm can win jobs and provides powerful friends. But in both work and play, looking for peace and harmony, Librans often say "yes" when they should be saying "no".
Source

BASIC PERSONALITY
I don't really like describing myself, honestly. I think it's a little vain. But, I will. I'm a nice guy. Well I try to be. I'm kind to people who are kind to me. I'm loyal to my friends. Only to my friends. I'm nice to everyone, and I'm chatty, talkative. I'll talk to more or less anyone. Even folks I don't know very well. I don't really have many boundaries in that way. I'm smart, and I know that I'm smart. It's not like I rub it in people's face's though. I try to be modest, just every so often I can be a little less than modest. I'm pretty out-going and I always get myself out of situations that would otherwise be tricky to get out of. I'm good in that way. I'm pretty OCD, I like having things tidy, and in order. Which is why I end up doing almost all of the cleaning in my house. Mostly because if I left it to my ma she would end up doing it in a different way, and I don't like it that way. I trust that she'll keep up my ways while I'm in New Zealand. I'm happy to help folks out. I'm always helping out lost tourists, my ma, my grandparents, teachers. I like making people happy, so I guess that's good. I really do like doing things like that for others. I don't make it overly obvious but when I see that I've made someone happy, especially if they were feeling sort of down, then it makes me super happy too. The only time I get upset or angry is when people start shouting at one another. I'm not good with that. And I guess when my ma's upset I'm upset. Things like that. I'm sort of super critical of myself a lot more than I am of others. I try to be kinder to them than I am to myself. Which is good for the most part.

FAUX INSTAGRAM

tumblr_o789k4XIug1qju4cdo1_540.png

tumblr_inline_nd4vutjr331r7b3vc.png

The child of the mountain ,
sleeps unaware of the clarion call
MUGGLE SCHOOL
I attend a minature little school at the end of the road of the main street which is close to my house. It's a small school, with barely any pupils in it. Since it's mostly the folks that live close to me, and there aren't many kids. I would tell you the name, but it's a gaelic school, so it has a Gaelic name, and you wouldn't understand it. It's a good school, even if it was a little small.

CURRENT YEAR
I am in my final year of Primary school. As in Primary seven. My friends and I in the primary seven class, all 5 of us, are the top of the school. We do lunch time duties and things like that. Look after the kids during in plays which is fun, but has forever put me off actually wanting to be a teacher. Apart from that, I really have loved my final year at this school. It'll be difficult to say goodbye when they all go to the High School in Portree and I don't.

FIRST THOUGHTS
I don't really remember what I first thought of the school, seeing as I was a four year old little boy. I know I thought it was huge, and it felt super daunting, and there were sheep in the playground, and at the time I had a small fear of sheep so I was crying pretty hard. Apart from that, I don't really remember what I thought of the school. It was just sort of there and sort of feels like it always has been. Which is going to make it sad when I leave.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
I loved the school. It was small in size, but the teachers were super friendly, incredibly kind. Always helping out. The other students were fine, everyone got along. There was always a little name calling, but it was fine. Playground stuff you know? I know that every school I go to after will be entirely different, but I'm looking forward to the change. The school was small, and as much as I loved it, in the wintery weather it was a freezing school. And it was also pretty hard to get to during heavy snow, so it was sort of bad in that sense.

HOUSE (IF APPLICABLE)
We had houses, but not in the same way. I was in Harris, which is the name of another Scottish island. If I had gone to High School in Skye, I would've also been sorted into a house. But, it matters little which house you end up in. Everyone is friends. But to those interested, there were three houses at my muggle primary school, Harris, Lewis and Iona.

FAVOURITE CLASS AND WHY?
I always loved English. I've always enjoyed reading so it was easy for me to pick things up, the teacher says I'm always reading above the level I should be, which makes me happy, since I like being good at things. It's sort of a massive compliment from the teacher. I also like writing, and things like that. So English was sort of perfect.

LEAST FAVOURITE CLASS AND WHY?
Maths, really simply. I can count, I can do most things, but it's tricky to me, and so therefore I dislike it. I don't get why it has to be so hard. Or complex. I'm good at everything else. Just not maths. Which is really annoying and slightly funny at the same time. Though I'd love to be better at it, and I do work at it. But, it takes me so long to understand most things I'm always just trying to keep up.

YEAR OF GRADUATION
It's not so much a graduation, and more just being a leaver. I leave at the end of this school term, which will be June 2034. Which will be a lot of fun. I can't wait. I think I've done all that I can at this school, and it's time for me to move on and up in the world. Plus it brings me one closer to being at Hogwarts.

EVER SKIPPED CLASS
I've skipped many. Most with my ma's knowledge and a few not. She lets me take my birthday off. A few times, I've just sort of overslept, and a few times, if the weather's really horrible, like really super bad, my ma will leave me a note to tell me to just stay at home, because she doesn't want me to get hurt. I don't like missing classes but, when I do, I sort of agree with my ma over why I shouldn't be in.

SCHOOL CLUBS?
I was part of the football club, because that was really all we had. That or choir, and I'm an awful singer so I was part of the football club. I was mostly a striker, but I also went in goals. I did a bit of everything. It was a good way to hang out with the other people in my class. Both guy and girl's alike. Which made it super fun.

POSITIONS ACHIEVED
Because of how small my school was, I was made the sort of head boy sort of idea. It was more that I was a mentor, and school prefect with the most amount of power. And I was the vice-president of the student council which was always elected but then never did anything. It was nice, but the clubs I took part in will have no baring on what I take part in, while at Hogwarts. Mostly as they are two very different schools.

On the side of a hill ,
a sprinkling of leaves

WAND
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring

WAND DESCRIPTION
Courage, Charm, Leadership, Spirituality and Protective are all qualities of this wand, Alder is the Celtic wood of astrology, so is good for spells involving star gazing and astronomy. It is good for those that do not find great pleasure in physical or attacking spells, but those that protect themselves if need be.

THOUGHTS ABOUT WAND
I like my wand, I mean it's not the best looking wand, but it suits me just fine you know. it's the wand I felt most attached to. I thought it was perfect for me. It felt amazing in my hand and the spells come so easily I barely have to do anything. I would be really upset if it broke. Although I feel like most people would be considering that the wand really does always feel like an extended part of that person.

MAGICAL SCHOOL
I attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizarding, New Zealand.
I was really looking forward to it, well really I was looking forward to attending a school that was a real big school, not so much the New Zealand part. I've never been to a big school before. my school had barely over like 20 kids in it. It was a really small Gaelic, and catholic school, so it was never going to have a lot of people. So, it'll be a massive magical school. Which will be incredible.

FIRST THOUGHTS
Arriving at Hogwarts I had really mixed feelings. Like super mixed feelings about it all. I just I wanted to be back home, it was my first time outside of the country I'd lived in my entire life, in a school that wasn't the one I wanted to be at. All in all it just felt like I'd been cheated out of something that would've been truly magical. I do like Hogwarts New Zealand, it's a really nice school but upon arrived I just I was under whelmed and I felt like Hogwarts Scotland would've blown me away. it wouldn't matter if the two school were identical.

HOUSE
Hufflepuff

THOUGHTS WHILE BEING SORTED
I was nervous as anything while being sorted I didn't think that I would be good in any of the houses. I didn't really know if the hat could understand what I was thinking. I mean I imagine my thoughts sound like how I sounds. Which for most means that I'm pretty incomprehensible. However, I was looking forward to it too. I thought that at least the houses are the same. I was also really happy with my house. I thought it was pretty amazing. I knew that hufflepuff sometimes didn't get nice things said about it, but I really loved it, from the moment I arrived, it was just perfect. That part was the only part about being outside of Scotland I didn't mind.

SORTING POST
Finishing off the last of the orange fizzy juice, the young male left the empty label-less bottle sitting in the compartment on the Hogwarts express. Seeing the Hogwarts Castle for the first time from afar left a bittersweet taste in his mouth, which mixed with the lasting taste of that drink he'd just finished. The last he had. Now done with it, he'd left it. He just stood staring at the castle in front of him. Letting the other, much more eager students rush ahead while his thoughts cast back. To where he had been mere days before. Staring from the top of the hill where the fairy pools began out towards the direction of his house. Towards the mainland, towards the vast ocean. Graeme was a long way from home, that was for sure. Wiping his suddenly slightly sweaty hands against the plain black trousers, the boy glanced to his feet. Wriggling the toes within his shoes, the boy moved himself forward. To follow the rest of the class. This was nothing like the home he knew and loved. The last of his real connections to his home, was sitting on the train. just another bit of rubbish to join all the other bits and pieces. A final bottle of Irn Bru, bought in Glasgow Airport, because they rarely if ever had it in London Airport. He was feeling pretty tired, but the intense amount of sugar packed into the bottle would be enough to keep him going. Glancing up at the entrance to the castle, the young boy couldn't help but wonder about the magical school not to far from his home. He was still more than a little annoyed that his ma had decided that he'd be better suited for a magical school hundred of miles away instead of the one right on his doorstep. Less than hour or so away. The school was nicely warmed, though it really wasn't particularly cold, he was from Northern Scotland. Not on the east, and windy coast, but the side of the atlantic. Where after his home was the atlantic ocean. It was of course not as cold as it could be had he been born on the outer Hebrides, like Lewis, or the isle of St. Kilda. And at least it wasn't Shetland. Nah, There were worse places to be, though Graeme liked the cold of winters, and he disliked overly warm summers. Too used to mild, wet summers, hot and dry ones didn't at all interest him. Why he'd had such trouble adjusting to New Zealand on the occasions he had visited. The castle itself was grand to say the least. High ceilings, echoing sounds, fire lit, stone. It was nice, he had to admit that. Although he had nothing to compare it to. All the castle he'd ever seen was in various stages of ruins. The only ones that weren't were the castles within cities. Edinburgh, Stirling, Linlithgow, or the castles turned into stately homes, which were very like the ones in the cities, as well as the two that the boy had visited fairly often, Dunvegan and Eilean Donan. The others weren't shining examples of castle that schools could be set up in. So, this compared to all those was a step up. It was pretty amazing if he would allow himself to admit it.

Joining the rest of the class, they made their way into what he'd gathered was the Great Hall. It was unlike anything he'd ever seen before. Graeme's last school had been a couple of rooms, on a small island, in a remote part of a fairly small country, with a population not all that much greater than New Zealand's. The Great hall to his eyes was just that. It was great. Graeme was an average looking boy. He definitely didn't stand out from the crowd. He was neither particularly small, or tall. Thin or fat. He was average, with brown hair and silvery/grey eyes. That didn't stand out that much. He was pretty pale. He did little sunbathing, and if he did, the boy went a pretty bright red colour. What would stand the boy apart from this crowd was that ever thick Scottish accent. Which resembled that of a Glaswegian, more than anything else. His grandparents had been born and raised in Irvine, had picked up the accent. His mother had lived in Castlemilk in Glasgow for the first ten years of her life, they all held fairly similar accents. It meant Graeme had trouble pronouncing some words, people had some trouble understanding him. He said, aye instead of yes. I sounded like ah. No, or not, was often replaced with nae. T's were missed out and enforced seemingly at random, and he used certain words and phrases that no one else probably did. And despite his young age, he wasn't exactly oblivious to even the worst of swear words. And he wasn't innocent in terms of their usage. Standing near the front of the crowd, the headmistress, a young looking woman introduced them. Welcoming them, with an accent very different to his own. he was well aware of the fact that Hogwarts Scotland probably also had a variety of accents, but the boy wasn't yet used to the accents of New Zealand. Then once she'd finished speaking, the hat which sat on a stool in front of them started singing. well, that was different. His mother had often talked about magic, about the wonders it could bring. This was a little weird. But also a first he'd not soon forget. A singing hat. Maybe this school wouldn't be so bad after all. Then the name calling began. Fairly glad of his name's positioning he gladly watched as other students went before him. Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff. He glanced to all the tables. Where would his place be then? The boy had spent the last few months so caught up in the unhappiness of leaving his home behind that he'd given that very little thought. And now there was no more time to even think. There had been houses at his last school, but they in no way meant as much as the houses here did.

Fergusson, Graeme

His name felt odd being called out. He felt like correcting her, though there was nothing to correct. It was just different. Though he was pretty sure he'd be spending the next few months correcting people as they spelt Graeme wrong. Making his way through the crowd of students still left, he walked up to the stool. He felt nervous, but at the same time, he was so excited. Hogwarts Scotland, or New Zealand, this was the moment things were decided. Sitting on the stool the boy felt the hat being placed on his head, then, he just waited. Where would he be sleeping for the next seven years was the question to be answered, and Graeme couldn't wait to get started on learning some magic.

SORTING HAT SAID
"HUFFLEPUFF!"

CURRENT YEAR
Dropped out

PREVIOUS YEARS
FIRST - FOURTH YEAR: I cannot say much about these years, I tried hard in all my classes, but I would grow bored, I made some good friends and have joined some good clubs. I also discovered my ability for quidditch, having joined in first year. I'm really looking forward to being able to do more of that. There really isn't much else to say about these years. I think the fact that I was so far from home really impacted on my ability to enjoy school and all that, so I've not been particularly outgoing.
FIFTH - SIXTH YEAR:

YEAR OF GRADUATION
2041, Graeme was suppose to graduate in the winter of 2040, but in the end decided to leave the school at the end of his sixth year, meaning that he never did technically graduate.

POSITIONS ACHIEVED
I did not get a prefect badge, but I doubted I would really. I did however receive the quidditch captain position in fifth year. Which I was overjoyed about. I really love quidditch. I'm hoping to make a career of it when I leave school, so being quidditch captain puts in good stead for that.

OWLs
OWL Grades

History of Magic: O

Defence Against the Dark Arts: O

Charms: O

Transfiguration: E

Muggle Studies: O

Divination: O

FAVOURITE CLASS AND WHY?
I don't really know what my favourite class is. I really like doing transfiguration. I mean the professor gives a lot of lectures but the spell part is fun, and really it's the one class I actually really really enjoy, which is funny because mostly I like classes that are hands on all of the time, and this is like the one which is not. Which makes me laugh to a certain extent, I just think it's funny. My favourite class isn't something like potions which is hands on a lot of the time. Really though, if I could have my way, I'd just play quidditch all of the time.

LEAST FAVOURITE CLASS AND WHY?
This is tricky, because I don't mind most of my classes. Really, when I think about it, I would say that it is Herbology. Herbology, while it can be fun, I don't know I just really dislike it. It just bores me. Like I know it's useful and plants are great and some of the work can be quite fun, but it's just not as interesting as some of the other classes that we get to do. It's annoy and I think I just don't nor will ever really enjoy it.

Tell her to find me an acre of land ,
between salt water and the sea strands

LONG FADED MEMORIES:
SEVENTEEN:Going Home
Graeme had left the school in the late hours of the morning, skipping breakfast and avoiding lunch, he had packed the last of his belongings away into his bag and left the school without another word, not even with one last goodbye to Maya, walking slowly through the halls of the school as the hufflepuff teen bid final farewells to the sights and sounds he'd be unlikely to see again, and just in those moments found himself smiled slightly, he would sorely miss this place, the challenges and fun it presented but he was moving on to bigger and better things, the school had served it's purpose and now it was time for him to just move forward with his life or at the very least move it back to where it should've always been geographically, so the boy put the bag on his back, holding the broom in his hands and made his way out the school, thinking himself definitely ready for the wider world and all the challenges it would present. The teen had a number of things to do before he went home, since this hadn't actually been part of the plan when he'd headed for the school in September, first off, he went back to his grandparents house, or well, now just his grandmother's house where he had stayed for the duration of his time in New Zealand while not at school, Graeme admittedly felt a little bad for leaving her, but she was well cared for by muggle nurses, the teen just had final things to clear up at the house, pack away the last of his belongings that he'd brought with him to New Zealand, selling the bike he'd gotten for the summers and winters spent with his grandparents. The first thing he did when he arrived at this home was clean his old room, making it look barely like anyone had spent any time in the room at all, placing the final items on top of the rest in his rucksack, and using the wand and the magic he could now preform outside of the school to do it quickly, though really the boy was in no rush, he couldn't exactly arrive in Scotland in the dead of night.

The former hufflepuff wandered out of his old room and to the living area where his grandmother was sat watching some old muggle show on television, and though she could barely remember who he was, he made her tea and a little snack and then sat down in front of her to explain what was happening, what he was doing, why he was leaving, in telling her about how much he missed his home and why he was leaving his education to go back, he was a little surprised to find that his grandmother agreed, that she seemed to become more aware of him, really looking at Graeme for the first time in what felt like years and he could've cried from joy as she spoke about her home back in Scotland, and then telling a story he'd definitely heard before about the time she and his grandfather while travelling to back to Skye had taken a detour along the scenic route which had due to bad weather ended up taking three hours longer than it was supposed to, how his mother had complained and the fact he'd been just a little baby at the time crying relentless in the back for most of the journey, it wasn't a recent story but she definitely seemed to make the connection between the baby and Graeme sitting in front of her, which felt like an honest gift of a moment given Graeme knew he might never see her again. The teen reached out and took her hand shaking hand in his, glancing at his bags sitting accusingly at the door, accusing him of abandoning his grandmother but he knew this was definitely the right decision, that it wasn't the easiest decision and he had no idea what might come of it, but he knew it was the right one. Graeme said his last goodbyes to his grandmother, promising to write and to visit when he could, though both those statements were a lie, and it seemed the moment with his grandmother had passed and after three further long minutes of explaining it, he let go of her hand, gave her a last hug before turning on his heel and walking out the door, grabbing his things as he left.

However, this wasn't his tasks for the day over there were still things to be done, he made his broom small enough to fit in the bag, and swung the rucksack on to his back, before peddling the old and now small bike to where he knew he could just easily sell it off, or at the very least get rid of it, if he needed a new one he could get one in Skye, there was no sense in bringing this old bike with him, and following having gotten rid of it, he fixed his address, told the right authorities that he no longer lived in the country, or would not be living in the country any longer, sending a letter to Maya to explain that he would see her again soon, using the owls in the magical post office to send this letter to her, she knew he was leaving, but a part of Graeme thought that perhaps it hadn't clicked too much in her brain, that seeing him gone would make her believe it and perhaps a letter would soften the blow when the new term came and he wasn't there, and he fully intended that this letter to be the last he sent her or really anyone in a long while. Graeme knew that he loved Maya, he loved her dearly, he didn't doubt that this would be hard on her, he didn't know what he could say to make it better, what he could do to fix what he was doing, other than not do it, but he was just moving forward a plan he'd had in his mind by a year, when he'd realised he could sit and pass the apparition exam and be gone by the end of sixth year rather than seventh. With that sent, the teen only had one thing left to do, and he would be gone from this country forever, it was almost a strange feeling knowing that he was getting ever closer to being home, and there was even a chance his mother wouldn't be there when he arrived back, that she'd be at work, or that she'd changed the lock and he'd have to sit outside until she got home, because he point blank refused to break into his own home using magic.

Graeme walked to an empty, dark spot and apparated to his last destination, his grandfather's grave, it wasn't like the man had remember Graeme in the dwindling days, but Graeme owed him thanks and respect for housing him in this country, and so he conjured up some flowers and placed them on the grave as soon as he found it, kneeling down in front of it, glad for the dryness of the grass as he looked at his grandfather's grave stone, he hadn't told anyone at Hogwarts about this, about losing his grandfather, he had barely spoken about it, the man had been related to him but memories of him were scarce, they'd lived so far apart for most of Graeme's life it just hadn't merited him telling anyone what had happened, even if it had in the end helped the decision towards leaving, he had very little tying to this country with one of his grandparents gone. Graeme didn't want to become like this man, buried in some country so far from his own, he loved all the opportunities New Zealand had provided him with, but at the end of the day this place was merely just a stop on the road to his life, New Zealand had never been his home, it had been his school, with one final mutter of thanks the teen got to his feet and stretched his tired limbs, he'd been going all day and given he'd be arriving in Scotland at about eight in the morning he still had a full day ahead of him. The teen found a dark, hidden corner of the graveyard, he took out his wand and then from within the back pocket of his jeans pulled out a creased and faded muggle picture, just him and his mother standing before their small home from before Graeme had left, when he'd been barely ten years old, it seemed like a life time ago, the sun was shining, a sight rarely seen in his home, he was smiling as had been his mother, just such simple joy, a home he missed so close. Easily within his mind he conjured up the memory of this picture and the memory of his house, of standing in front of it, being maybe a five minute walk from it staring at how small it was, completely dwarfed by the hills, he could see it, closing his eyes tightly and with a turn and his grip tight on his wand he left New Zealand.

The first sensation that hit him was rain, but it hadn't been raining in New Zealand, Graeme tentatively opened his eyes and looked up at the sky, where all he could see were dark grey clouds and feel the patter of rain gently hitting his face. In that instant, Graeme knew he was home, the cool summer air breezed through him, as clouds settled upon the hilltops, making it difficult to tell where the hills really ended, he could feel the mud beneath his feet underneath his shoes and the definitive lack of warmth despite the fact it was high summer, he could feel and remember it all, exactly how it all felt. The teen looked forward and spotted his house, exactly where he'd left it, exactly how he'd left it, a small stream of smoke coming up from the chimney indicating that someone was in, faint lights in the windows. Graeme turned in a circle on the spot, glancing in the direction of Neist point, to the tourists he could spot climbing the hills, to the sheep grazing lazily in the hills huddled together to hide from the rain, to where the road and river leading back to the fairy pools and the main road, "Dachaigh," the word almost felt foreign to him, it had been so long since he'd used Scottish gaelic and so long since he'd stared at his home, the two weeks he'd spent here between first and second year seemed a long way off, like they'd barely happened but now he was here to stay. The teen took in a deep breath of the fresh morning air, oh how pleased he was to be back, how good it felt, how calming it felt. The sound of a car heading towards him down the road not three steps from him made him smile, the sound of strong Scottish accents drifted out as a couple argued directions, it was a sound that he could honestly say he missed, the New Zealand accent was something he'd never gotten used to, and his own accent had to be softened so that he was understood, but he knew he wouldn't have to do that any more, he continued to watch the car as it stopped in front of his house and one of the two got out and asked his mother for directions. It was as he saw his ma, for the first time in far too long that Graeme's mind seemed to catch up with him and he was pushed forward towards her, walking with long strides across the muddy grass, between the small flowers, the rain still pouring down, a light gust of wind bringing his unruly and unkempt hair in front of his face,

"Ma!" he called out to her as she seemed go to head back into the house as the couple drove off, Graeme couldn't help the wide smile which graced his features as she spotted him, an almost identically wide smile on her face, as she realised who it was, though it took her moment longer to recognise him, "Graeme," he heard her say, and he couldn't believe how thankful he was to hear that voice, his mother's voice sounded like magic in the freshness of the morning. The former Hufflepuff closed the distance between them in easy, quick strides, he wrapped his arms around the woman with out hesitation, who was smaller than he remember her being and just held her close, nuzzling his head in the crook of her neck as the smallest of sobs escaped his now slightly shaking body. Standing still in the rain he could feel the warmth of the fire, smell the familiar home, hear the sounds of the slowly burning fire and the muggle microwave, his mother was saying something to him, but Graeme just wasn't listening to the words, just to the sound. All too soon to Graeme, his mother pushed him out of the hug, putting her arm around him and leading him into their home, god he was so happy to be home, to see his mother, to feel the skye rain, to not just have lingering memories of this place to actually be there, be home at long last for good and all thoughts of how maybe this was the wrong decision, of how good the school was, how nice New Zealand was flew out the window, there was no way he was going back now, just as he knew he would feel towards it, Graeme was home and after being away so long he had no intention of giving it up, Skye was his home, this remote cottage in the middle of nowhere was his home, his ma was his home, not some house at some school on the other side of the world. The former Hufflepuff smiled brightly, a few stray tears on his face as he ducked slightly to step inside, not even noticing that it had been so long since he'd been home that he had needed to duck to get into through the door.

Gather it all in a bunch of heather ,
to fight for a cause they've long ago forgotten

Coding Done by me, if you want to use it, just PM me!
Song: Scarborough Fair by Simon And Garfunkel
Credit to Tumblr for the Gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back