Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Graeme)
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Abby was nervous about this. She had the rare two nights off, which meant she and Zerrin were at home. When she'd told her son that she had invited Graeme and Fraser for dinner, Zerrin had been ecstatic. While she'd been cooking a nice lasagna, he'd been busy cleaning their small apartment. It was usually pretty clean anyway, but he'd insisted on straightening up his room and the living/kitchen area anyway, setting the small table for four and readjusting the large fort they'd built in the living room so that it looked its absolute best. Which meant he'd plugged in the fairy lights that laced the edges again and added a dozen more pillows inside it. She wasn't sure there were any more pillows to be had in the house. He'd also dragged a stack of construction paper and all his colored pencils inside it. She hummed softly as she pulled the lasagna from the oven and set it down on the counter.

Zerrin always enjoyed days off with his mom. He'd gone through and picked out a few movies for them to watch. He'd just set them aside and padded into the kitchen when his mom told him they would have guests for dinner. His eyes lit up. Oh, he knew them! He immediately went about cleaning the apartment- it gave his mom less to do and kept him busy while he waited. Luckily, he'd just finished when a knock sounded at the door. He ran over, throwing it open almost before the last knock had faded. "Hi! Hi!! Come in!" He grinned widely and stepped aside, holding the door open for their guests to come inside.

Graeme had told Fraser about the dinner, and the young lad hadn't stopped talking about it since he'd brought it up. He knew that Fraser was excited to see Zerrin and to spend a bit of time with him. He had bought flowers and was holding them in one arm, while holding Fraser's hand as they made their way to the flat. It was quite fun, he hadn't been this excited and keen about a date in a very long while, and it helped that given she had a child she was very comfortable about Fraser being around. He stepped up to the door, and let go of Fraser's hand long enough to be able to knock on the door. It swung open and he smiled at Zerrin. "Hey Zerrin," he didn't even need to guide fraser in, as his son was already bouncing his way in. "Shoes Fraser," he told him in quick gaelic.

Fraser couldn't wait to see Zerrin again. The older boy was so cool and amazing and he couldn't wait to see him, maybe be able to colour again, or be able to listen to music again. Fraser was holding his dad's hand and was excitedly telling him about his day before this, and all the cool things that he was going to do around Zerrin. Eventually they arrived at the door, and Fraser smiled when Zerrin opened the door. "Hello!" he said excitedly, he just walked into the house and rolled his eyes at his dad, but wiped his feet and then took off his shoes. "I wanna see your room!" he told the other boy excitedly.

Abigail could hear the boys already, and she couldn't help but smile. "Don't be too long, dinner is almost ready," She called to the children. Knowing already that Zerrin and Fraser must be running off somewhere, she continued setting about making dinner, mixing together the salad. "I'm in the kitchen Graeme," she called out, moving the salad and some dressings to the table. She was busy, humming gently as she went about to set the table and fix everyone some drinks.

Zerrin absolutely lit up as Fraser walked in, giving a polite smile to Frasers dad before giving his full attention to the boy. "Sure! Come on, it's this way," He motioned for Fraser to follow him, calling out some vague reassurances to his mom as he hurried back to the one bedroom in the apartment to show it to Fraser. It had a stereo with plenty of music, and older gaming system with about a dozen games, lots and lots of books, and the walls were full of posters. He opened the door for Fraser. There were two bean bag chairs and one twin bed with pirate bedsheets. "We built a fort in the living room though, do you want to color in there?" He asked, smiling brightly.

Graeme just watched as Fraser went off with Zerrin and he just walked into the home and closed the door behind him. He took off his shoes and heard Abby's shout. He walked through the small home and found Abby in the kitchen like she had said, "Hey, these are for you," he greeted, holding up the flowers for her, since he had got them for her. They were a simple bouquet of flowers, he had thought something more simple would be better for this. He gave her a smile, "And of course, just put me to work if you need me to do anything,"

Abby looked up as Graeme came into the room, blushing as she saw him with the flowers. "Oh, Graeme," she breathed. "Thank you," She smiled shyly at him. "Well, erm, I've got this. But those flowers would make a lovely centerpiece. There should be a vase under the sink?" She told him, motioning vaguely as she finished setting up the table.

Graeme smiled at her and gave a little nod at the thanks. He didn't say anything, but went to grab the vase from under the sink and with a wave of his hand it filled with water and he was cutting the stems of the flowers like he was supposed to to put them into the water. He placed the vase at the centre of the table and then glanced back at Abby. "How've you been?" Graeme asked. "My brother sends his apologies for vomitting in your diner," Graeme gave a little smile as he spoke.

Abby chuckled at the mans words and shook her head. "I work overnight cleaning a hotel, too, Graeme. That is hardly the worst thing I've had to clean up," She teased him, finishing her work. "The lasagna should be cooled enough to eat in about ten minutes," She announced, moving over and hopping up to sit on the counter. "Come here really quick," she motioned for Graeme to come closer with one finger, giving what she hoped was an innocent smile.

Graeme laughed, "Doesn't stop him feeling bad," he countered but nodded, "Nice! You will however have to watch my gremlin of a son demolish it in the most impolite way," he joked. He knew that Fraser had a specific way of eating lasagna which most people probably would not be the happiest about. He watched as she sat up on the counter and then grinned, moving over to stand in front of her. "You're beautiful you know," he told her, as he held her gaze. He hoped she wanted to kiss him, he would've made the first move, but given how he'd asked her out, he was hopeful she would. To be sure she was actually interested.

Abby chuckled, shaking her head. "Well you can tell him not to worry. Next time he can come over, too, make a better impression," She teased him. She wouldn't mind having the man back over, in a more lucid state at least. She laughed at his comment and shook her head. "As long as he likes his food, thats all I care about. Zerrin is almost too polite- he's so neat and tidy I forget sometimes he's a little boy. Half of the time he cleans up after me," She joked, brushing her hair back even though it just fell right back into her eyes.

Abby smiled, blushing as he called her beautiful. "You're not so bad yourself," she returned, starting to lean in. She very carefully reached into her back pocket, gently extracting the money he'd left at the restaurant last time- at least, most of it. She'd taken enough to pay his tab and a small, reasonable tip she'd expect from a table of two, with a few dollars extra for the mess. She was close, her nose brushing against his, when she slid the money back into his front pocket. "Let's get one thing straight, Romeo," She breathed, before putting her hand to his chest and pushing him back a bit.

She sat back herself, leaning her hands on the counter behind her and folding her legs. "Stop trying to buy me off, Graeme," She scolded him lightly, giving him a stern look. "I've taken care of us just fine all this time, I don't need or want your money." She pouted at him. "Honestly, what do I look like? I'm not for sale."

Graeme gave a little nod and smile. "My boy has spent too much time around quidditch players who are equally as messy," Graeme told her. He gave a little smile and though he was looking perhaps for a kiss, he was surprised when she was leaning in close and then was giving him money back. He reached for the money and pulled it out, a little confused by it. It took him a little moment to realise where this money was from. He looked back at her and nodded, "Of course Abby, I didn't think you were," Graeme told her with apologetic tone. "I didn't...I didn't mean it like that..," he held the money and then put it into his pocket. "Honestly, I don't mean to sound boastful but I get paid more than I should, I just put down what I thought was enough....I didn't mean to make it seem like I was buying you off. I value you, but not like that," Graeme's tone was honest and apologetic. He gave her a little smile, hoping she would believe him and he knew he'd have to be more careful with it.

Abby laughed lightly and shook her head. "Maybe he just needs a womans touch," She teased lightly. She raised a brow, watching him as he apologized to her. He sounded sincere, and that was good enough for her. "Good! Now that we understand each other," She smirked, reaching up to grab his collar. She straightened herself, pulling him down and kissing him eagerly. She let one hand drift up from his collar into his hair, sighing softly and relaxing against him.

Graeme smiled at her teasing, though he wasn't sure it was necessarily a woman's touch but more a polite touch but he wouldn't say anything about it. He was almost relieved when she seemed to understand his position and didn't say anything more about it. He nodded, "Good, do always..." he would've said more but she grabbed his collar and then kissed him. He was surprised at first and then leaned into the kiss, returning it with the same depth she'd shown him. It was nice, she was a good kisser, her lips were soft and it had been so long since he'd kissed anyone before.

Abby giggled, running her fingers gently over Graemes jaw. She pulled back and cleared her throat. "Well, erm, we have two little boys that are forgetting they're hungry," She tried to brush it off, feeling much too vulnerable for her liking. She hadn't been this vulnerable in a good, long while. She was in such a rush to try and get a little distance, she didn't think before jumping off the counter. It put her... much, much closer to Graeme than she had been before.

Her breath caught, and she froze for a moment. Things felt... different now. Abby... hadn't felt like this before. Things with Danny had always been light, fun, easy. This... it was soft... warm. New. She slid one hand over his arm, pressing up on tiptoe and kissing him again. This kiss felt different too. Hesitant. Almost shy. It almost felt like her heart might stop as she waited for him to react. Sure, he'd kissed her back before. Somehow... it felt like things were different this time, it felt like her heart was on the line.

Graeme couldn't help but want to live more in that first kiss. This thing between them had been bubbling and forming in ways that he hadn't accounted for. Of course he'd always found her beautiful, a waitress that he had always appreciated but getting to know and her son, he could help how drawn to her he was. How loved he wanted to make her feel. He gave a little smile and nod of acknowledgement at her words, moving out of the way to allow her the space to jump down from the counter but it didn't do much his body was very close to hers.

Graeme didn't move but let his hand settle on her arm and leaned in and kissed her again, meeting her kiss. It wasn't the same as the first but he thought it was wonderful nonetheless, it had never been like that with maya. With maya it had always been excitement and conversation, this was quiet and soft. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and hold her close but just let his hands move to lightly cup her face, hoping his hands weren't too rough for how soft her face was. He'd never kissed like this and he didn't want it to stop.

This was... strange. But not completely in a bad way. She wasn't sure how, but it felt like he'd slipped past several of her defenses. His hands were rough, but they were warm, strong. It... had been a very long time since she had felt like someone could actually take care of her. She practically melted against Graeme, feeling particularly soft. She brought her hands up to rest on his shoulders, clutching at his shirt. She was caught up in the whirlwind of emotions, and didn't hear the approaching footsteps.

Fraser loved seeing Zerrin's bedroom, he thought it was so cool and Zerrin was just so much fun. He liked spending time with him, more than anyone else. Zerrin was one of the few people Fraser was close to in age but mostly Fraser knew it was because he was cool. Fraser was getting hungry as they played and declared that he wanted dinner. "Come on, let's go," he was already running out of the bedroom and blindly trying to find the right room. When he did, he spotted his dad kissing Zerrin's mum. "Ewwww dad! Kissing is gross," he said loudly while he scrunched up his face in disgust.

Graeme wasn't sure how long to remain in the kiss, but he wanted to remain in it for a long while. It felt so simple and so nice and he couldn't help but love the way she touched his shoulders, clutched at his shirt. Loved the way all of it felt, how he knew the moment they would break apart he'd want to do it again. But before anything could be decided the sound of his son's voice broke the quietness. he didn't move away but just smiled. "I'm sorry," he whispered to Abby. As he slowly began to pull back.

Zerrin was having fun with Fraser, but soon enough his stomach was growling. He hurried after the other boy, freezing in place as they came upon their parents kissing in the kitchen. His eyes widened and his stomach dropped. He moved in past Fraser and tried to get between his mother and the man. "Excuse me, what are you doing, that's my mother," He tried to get between them, overly protective of his mother. "I thought this was for me and Fraser, mom?" Zerrin was panicking a little, he looked up at her with wide eyes.

Abby was drawn out of the moment by a little voice. She giggled softly, pulling back and tucking her hair behind her ear. "You can make it up to me later," She teased him gently. She looked down at Zerrin as he tried to get in the middle, placing her hand reassuringly between his shoulders. "Zerrin, baby. Tonight was for all of us," She rubbed his back, smiling gently as she felt him relaxing. She looked between all of them, smiling at Fraser. "Why don't we all sit down for dinner, come on," She moved to the table, settling Zerrin in. "Fraser, do you want to sit next to me?" She asked, still standing. She felt like she'd made some sort of step with Graeme, and she wanted to make an effort to make some steps with his son.

Fraser was looking between his dad and the woman...Abby, he looked back at Zerrin. "But if they kiss that could make us brothers for like real!" he told Zerrin excited. He like Zerrin the boy was so cool, so he would love to be his brother. Would love to spend more time around him. "Okay!" he said to Abby moving to sit next to Abby. He was sitting up in his seat and eagerly looking at what she made. "I want a big slice!" he declared.

Graeme gave a bit of a grimace at Zerrin's words. He nodded in agreement with what Abby said, but he didn't want to say anything and it wasn't his kid he needed to explain anything to. He guided Fraser to the seat next to Abby and sat himself down next to Zerrin. He looked between them, "You'll have a kid size portion kid," he told him jokingly, "If then you want more and there is more, then maybe you can have some." He didn't want to make any promises but he also knew that Fraser was almost certainly not going to want more, sure he was a lad that could build up an appetite but not that much. "Zerrin, your mum mentioned you'll be going to Hogwarts soon, the one here in New Zealand, you excited?" [/B]

Last edited:
Zerrin relaxed as his mom was talking. He sighed, nodding slowly and moving to sit down between Fraser and Graeme. It bothered him a little that Graeme didn't say anything to him. He'd spent most of his time with Fraser, and Graeme always seemed to talk more to his mom than to him. He sat down, folding his hands in his lap and looking between everyone.

He blinked at Fraser. "I mean, maybe," He offered uncertainly. Being brothers with Fraser would be cool, but he had never seen his mom even look at anyone before. He was drawn from his thoughts as Graeme spoke to him, hesitating at the question. After a moment he shrugged and looked at his plate. "I... I guess?" He offered slowly. "I don't like thinking of mom by herself all the time," He admitted gently, peeking at his mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back