Deathly Hallows Pt. II

Enoch Altmyer said:
Estrella Drage said:
t took me a while to remember that the actor who played Crabbe quit after the sixth movie. I was wondering why the heck Blaise Zabini was there!
He didn't quit, he was "let go" after getting caught with cocaine while driving and growing marijuana in his mum's house. xD
Dang :unsure:

Professor Adrian Slick said:
But really, how did Harry not die from Avada Kedavra for a second time?
Simple.
The curse didn't hit Harry. It hit the piece of Voldemort's soul.

Evelyn Mosca said:
An interesting rant about Snape being overrated: HERE

I kind of agree, it was a shame that James was just swept aside. I mean, Harry barely even acknowledged his father when all the dead homies appeared. :erm: So yeah, read it.
I read it and it was interesting, but I still cried my eyes out during Snape's memories. It was the only part of the movie that was done right from book to movie in my opinion. Except for the fact that they ruined "Snape's Worst Memory" in OotP, because the movie left out the part where he calls Lily a Mudblood, and THAT is why it was his worst memory, not because James was bullying him. I understand where this poster is coming from, being upset that we're supposed to feel sorry for Snape when losing Lily was his own fault, but it's just the movie makers fault's and we all know movies aren't as good as the books anyway.

Anyway, overall I was kind of disappointed with this movie. Sure I still cried my eyes out from beginning to end, but it was so rushed and not well explained. I thought the whole point of separating the final book into 2 movies was to tell the story right. Why did they even title it Deathly Hallows, they didn't even fully explain them or the fact that Harry had all three or that he's a descendent of the original brothers or that Dumbledore felt himself as equally horrible to Voldemort for going after the Hallows and trying to conquer Death. A huge issue Harry struggles with in the last book is to choose between the Hallows or Horcruxes - but they didn't portray that at all in this movie.

And of course the deaths of Fred, Remus and Tonks was skipped over so fast. I found it stupid how when Harry talks to Lupin as a ~ghost or whatever he says "Remus your baby" yet they made no mention of it before. The movie was just too rushed.

Don't even get me started on the Ron/Hermione kiss. :( I had high hopes for it as a HUUUUUUGE R/Hr shipper, but was more disappointed by the fact that Emma described it as "Hermione's like 'I just rode a dragon, stabbed a Horcrux, etc I might as well kiss Ron'" in a kind of "we might not get another chance - in the heat of the moment" type deal , but on film it didn't come out that way at all. :( Still loved the other R/Hr bits though hehe.

Overall it was a good movie, a good ending, I still cried my eyes out, but more because of the fact that it's over rather than the movie was soo good, but I think I like part 1 better.
Also idk if this is unrelated or anything but I'm just gonna leave this here...

9ZGd7.jpg

I watched it again. Bawled my eyes out during the Snape bit. Alan Rickman, I love you.

But yeah, it was all a bit rushed and a lot of things weren't properly explained, which was a real shame. It was enjoyable, but I'd DEFINATELY say don't watch the film, read the book instead.

And I got so mad about how the film was shipping Harry/Hermione until the end! D:

Why are you posting in this topic if you haven't seen it yet, Nicole? D:

On another note: I saw it in 2D for the midnight preview.
I just saw it in IMAX 3D with my friend, and I had mostly the same thoughts, except now I know that IMAX sucks. :r

Nicolas King said:
On another note: I saw it in 2D for the midnight preview.
I just saw it in IMAX 3D with my friend, and I had mostly the same thoughts, except now I know that IMAX sucks. :r
Same here... I'm not sure why I saw it in 3D, it always makes me sick.

Oh and I noticed a lot of homo-erotic overtone between Harry and Voldemort that I had not noticed before! It pleased me.

I liked the movie but they didn't make a big enough deal of the deaths, and Harry's sadness over them.
The "Not my daughter you B!itch" bit wasn't right
I was absolutely terrified that Ron and Hermione would kill Nagini and Neville wouldn't get his chance.

good points:

-Sirius was back, and i absolutely love him, so that' good
-i loved the line "I've always wantd to do that spell" and when she tells Seamus to blow up the bridge and refers to seamus' past expriences.
-I liked he Neville and Luna were paired up
-noe's bit was one well-in fact it was the only part of the movie that I cried at-again, they didn't do Fred's deat well enough. there's more, but that's enough for now.

Lucinda Buckley said:
And I got so mad about how the film was shipping Harry/Hermione until the end! D:
I really hate this too, but I didn't see so much of it in this last movie. What were some of the things that you thought they were hinting towards Harry/Hermione?

Also I hate 3D so I usually never watch it, but I watched the midnight premiere in 3D just for the Harry glasses. Otherwise I'm gonna watch it again in 2D since there's no difference really.

Also, as much as I love Neville and Luna, I really hated that they paired them up in the movie because that was just a blatant "we're gonna make up our own stuff now" disregard for canon. <_<

Isabella Chaos said:
Also, as much as I love Neville and Luna, I really hated that they paired them up in the movie because that was just a blatant "we're gonna make up our own stuff now" disregard for canon. <_<
But they can do that, and it's fair enough.
The books don't tell us every crush every secondary character did or didn't have.
The movies have to have some license to make the characters more interesting for the regular audience, and giving Neville a love interest did that.
They didn't override the canon in any way or contradict it - they just added a bit to it. That doesn't upset me. :r
Oh right.
I just remembered the biggest thing that pissed me off both times I saw the movie.
Harry's stupidly lame "let's finish this the way we started it... together" - what the hell was that?
He touched Voldemort? Really?
What'd he think was going to happen, they'd both hit the ground and die?
It was just a ridiculously stupid line of dialogue for a possibly even stupider action.
It made me want to spit and leave the theatre in disgust both times. :correct:

The death of Bellatrix Lestrange was so freaking dumb. I mean, I know Mrs. Weasley was a bit ticked off, but she had to KILL a cool character? Death Eaters are better than the stupid Weasleys anyways.

The death of one of the Weasley twins (Lol forgot which one...) was also stupid. How could they kill only ONE twin? Why not both of them? Cause having one is stupid.

And then there's Voldemort. Harry just pointed the wand at him and he blew up. Really? No Avada Kedavra?

You should read the books, Adrian. :)
Unfortunately with the movies, you don't get the nuances of how things like the duels actually worked out, or anything at all. (For instance, Harry didn't kill Voldemort knowingly/willingly in the books. It wasn't even like he cast a bad-ass spell.)

Um, yeah, like Nick said, try reading the book.

And idk, maybe it's been a while since I've read the book, but the movie demotes Ron to what feels like kind of a minor character and pairs Harry/Hermione up a lot. It almost seems like Hermione has more feeling for Harry than for Ron. Maybe that's just me overreacting, idk.

I still laughed so hard at the epilogue. Draco and Ron both looked so smug.

Best part of the movie

Voldemort: "Harry Potter is dead!"
Death Eaters: *laugh with Voldy*
Lo (Livvy's son): "That's FUNNY!"

Other best part of the movie

McGonagall: "His name is Voldemort. We all might as well get used to saying it."
Lizzie (Julie's daughter): "Voldymort, voldymort, ooh voldy voldy voldy voldymort!"

Estrella Drage said:
Best part of the movie

Voldemort: "Harry Potter is dead!"
Death Eaters: *laugh with Voldy*
Lo (Livvy's son): "That's FUNNY!"

Other best part of the movie

McGonagall: "His name is Voldemort. We all might as well get used to saying it."
Lizzie (Julie's daughter): "Voldymort, voldymort, ooh voldy voldy voldy voldymort!"
That is adorable.

Professor Adrian Slick said:
The death of one of the Weasley twins (Lol forgot which one...) was also stupid. How could they kill only ONE twin? Why not both of them? Cause having one is stupid.
.. Are you serious? :lol:

The movie was good. there were places I didn't get why they changed it from what was in the book I.E how Harry killed Voldemort. I cried when Snape died eventhough I knew it was coming. I think it is about reading the book as well but keeping an open mind about what has been changed in the movie. It was a good movie but all movies adapted from books, the storyline is slightly different. I liked it, I tend to loss my attention in movies but this one held my attention.

Crystal Storm said:
It was SOOOO awesome!
In the fashion of some old game shows:
HOW AWESOME WAS IT?!

So I saw the movie a few weeks ago and overall I thought it was pretty good, some things were a little weird but other parts really made up for it...

Good:

I loved alot of the added scenes; blowing up the bridge and seeing the Chamber of Secretes again
Liked how they did Snape's death/memories little different from the book but still really good.
The trio running across the courtyard while everything breaks out to all hell was also a good scene.
glad they were able to put a pretty decent amount of humor in a pretty dark book...

favorite scene:
When McGonagall prepares the defenses and whispers to Mrs. Weasley that she's always wanted to use that spell! Hilarious!

Least Favorite:
Neville having a crush on Luna sense JK did say that Neville would've been too intimidated by Luna to actually be with her... though the movie did kinda help with that by making him blow up a bridge and becoming something more of a bad ass..

Nicolas King said:
Crystal Storm said:
It was SOOOO awesome!
In the fashion of some old game shows:
HOW AWESOME WAS IT?!
SUPER!!

It's the best HP movie ever! The action was nonstop. The best part was when Neville killed the snake! It was incredible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back