Deathly Hallows Pt. II

I loved it.
The only thing I was disappointed about was the whole 'Harry-is-alive' part and how it all played out.

Ariel Blade said:
I loved it.
The only thing I was disappointed about was the whole 'Harry-is-alive' part and how it all played out.
Please tell me they did that part well...that's one part I won't forgive them going easy on :(

I saw it on the 13th, it came out a few days earlier here in France.
I liked it a lot. I think they did the book justice. there were just a few things I would've done differently. But I could see why they'd done it that way.
Overall, I really enjoyed the movie.

Saw it last night. Yeah, it wasn't bad. It could've been better but they did pretty well. I'm glad they did the Snape section justice. I would've screamed had they not.

It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, Pat. It wasn't not well done, it was just changed immensely.

Also:
hvtp35.jpg

At the last minute I decided to join my family in their viewing of the midnight show.
I liked the film, but have my fair share of complaints about it.
I was really quite glad that, near the end, they kept a lot of the memorable one-liners from the book. I would have never forgiven them if they hadn't.
However, the movie pretty much painted Dumbledore to be the cruellest person in history. His intentions were obviously for the ultimate good, but the movie just made it seem like he was a complete arse about everything and couldn't care less about Harry at all.
I was irked by the lack of continuity, even between the films, in how they dealt with the pensive. And collecting Snape's tears for his memories was corny as could be. Come onnnnn.

The "not my daughter, you *****" bit came out of nowhere. It should have been the climactic line in a battle scene, not the first line with 500 spells to follow.

That's what I can remember for the moment. Pretty much, a good movie - but verryyyy disappointing at bits.

Just back from it ^_^

I agree with Nick that Dumbeldore was put across as a right old jerk and I didn't like that.
I liked the humor in the movie, there was a bit but I don't know if it was intentional or just my opinion of it xD Such as in the last scene at Hogwarts where the three are on the bridge and Harry is about to throw the Elder Wand away and he explains how it was his: "It's mine!" just the way he said it, was quite humorous but that's just me....probably, I felt Daniel was a lot more comfortable as Harry in this movie (the same for a lot of the actors)

But enough rambling, over all good movie but disliked certain bits: 8/10.

Also Zach: I agree, falling off Hagrid wasn't the way I imagined it. Wasn't he lying on the ground and when the fighting started he through over the invisability cloack and he helped people? Although I did like how Harry just came out of the crowd when Snape questioned everyone on if they saw him xD

I just watched it last night! It was really amazing! It was brilliant actually. A worthwhile movie, I promise! Enjoy the movie!

:donna:

Although there was a part here and there that kind if disappointed me, I thought that overall it was a very good movie and it did the end of the series a lot of justice. I think the only part that really bothered me (to the point of no end) was the "Not my daughter, you b!tch" scene. It didn't seem as epic as I imagined it in the book and since Bellatrix was one of my favorite characters, I just really wanted that scene to be closer to what I imagined it. The whole thing with Dumbledore was kind of annoying too but that didn't bother me nearly as much as the scene with Bellatrix did.

The scene with Snape was extremely sad to me for some reason. I don't even know why, it just was. Other parts really got to me as well. xD
Haha the most hilarious part for me throughout the entire movie seriously had to be the awkward hug Voldemort gave Draco. :r

Overall, the movie was well done and I'm considering on whether I should go see it again or not.

OMG the awkward Voldermort hug...that was epic xD

Love the whole bit when Neville went forward, it wasn't like it was a bunch of bad guys...just like a bunch of high school bullies haha xD

I went to see HP 7.2 last night, and I enjoyed the movie. I really liked the pacing of this one. There were no moments that I thought dragged on forever, though there were a few that I wished would have been longer. I wished the Molly/Bellatrix scene could have been interspersed between many other battle scenes, with Molly finally getting her in the end. I still enjoyed seeing Bellatrix get what was coming to her :shifty: I didn't think that Dumbledore came across as cruel...more like calculating, so it didn't bother me much, though I would have liked to have Aberforth to explain more to everyone. I went with my people who only know of Potter through the movies, and that was one of the big things they didn't understand.

What I really loved about this movie was that they did Neville justice. Neville, in my eyes, is the underdog Gryffindor, which is why he has always had a place in my heart. But in book seven, he finally gets his chance to shine. A few movies ago, I was concerned that Neville would be cut out of killing Nagini. I was oh so glad he was not :wub: . I also enjoyed the part when Neville was trash-talking the men attempting to cross the bridge and the ensuing chase scene xD and McGonagall referring to Seamus when she asked them to blow the bridge up xD . And yes, the awkward Voldy hug was super funny!

Overall, I really liked the movie. The special effects were amazing as usual and it moved at a nice pace, getting everything done and some of my favorite lines in before ending.

I am kind of disappointed that even in this film, there were STILL hints of Hermione/Harry... I mean, that only seemed to clear up a little when she and Ron kissed. I guess because Ginny is so lacking in any personality Harry needs a strong female? xD

How were there still Harry/Hermione hints?

That does remind me, though, there were several shots where Hermione was in the middle of the three of them walking - which I get for symmetry (boy-girl-boy) but it doesn't make sense otherwise, really.... Harry is the ring leader.

Alan Rickman is a beautiful human being and did a wonderful job in this. I cried so much at his death and at all the memories. He deserves an Oscar for his performance. I can't even.

I agree with Pat, Dan seemed a lot more confident in his acting and this was, by far, the best I've seen him act in the series. The only scruple I had with what they did with Harry was that he went into the forest without his cloak on and I wanted him to have told Neville to kill Nagini because it just kind of seemed like Neville knew without being told that she was a Horcrux. I wasn't a fan of Neville's speech, NGL. I'm not sure why, it just seemed a little corny for me.

And with George... did anyone else notice he had two ears instead of just one? It kind of pissed me off.

As for the 'Not my daughter, you b*tch' part I expected more from that seen. They are such strong actresses (except Bonnie Wright... Worst casting ever!) but I didn't see that from them in this scene.

Other than that, I loved it and cried my eyes out!

PS. The Helena Ravenclaw scene did not go as I imagined it at all...

Kalani Mauven said:

And with George... did anyone else notice he had two ears instead of just one? It kind of pissed me off.
My sister thought so too, but I'm fairly certain that he did not have an outer ear and what was left definitely didn't look like a normal ear to me.

I kind of wanted to see cooler fight scenes. Like there was always stuff going on... But we didn't get a chance to watch some cool exchanges of magical blasts, because we were busy following Harry about.

I always say that the movies were created for people who read the books. So I usually ignore all of the things that they kinda leave out like (based on the movie alone I wouldn't have known it was George who died, never would have known that Tonks gave birth, or that Harry had all three Hallows (why would I assume his invisibility cloak was the invisibility cloak after Ron says there are more than one in the first movie).

Mcgonagal was my fav. character this movie. She had such good exchanges "I always wanted to use that spell" was hilarious. I also though the exchange with the grey lady was fantastic.

Why was Cho there?

All in all a good movie. But the one before was better (pt 1 is my favorite).

Thought might as well.
Loved the movie overall, twas epic and would love to see it in 3D.

However, there were some things messed up. Cho Chang should not have been there. She was one year above Harry so she would have graduated. Now if she fought, different story but she was still in the Ravenclaw robes. xD
What happened to Wormtail? So looked forward to him dying. :r
Bellatrix's death was an ehhh. Same with Voldemort's.
Harry coming to life. But I still liked it cause if some dead person rolled out of my arms I would have been WTF?! =)) And Neville stepping forward and every one of the DEs laughing their asses off. Loved McGonagal, she was epic as per always.

Awesome movie, and it will never live up to the book. That is just how it will be. xD

Got back from it a few minutes ago.

Epic. But really, how did Harry not die from Avada Kedavra for a second time?

An interesting rant about Snape being overrated: HERE

I kind of agree, it was a shame that James was just swept aside. I mean, Harry barely even acknowledged his father when all the dead homies appeared. :erm: So yeah, read it.

Professor Adrian Slick said:
Epic. But really, how did Harry not die from Avada Kedavra for a second time?
Becaussseeee he was doing it for love and protexted 'imself - but something had to die in his place and he happened to have a voldy soul bit in him. :r
Also, the elder wand wasn't really voldy's, so it wasn't doing the exact things Voldy wanted. xD

Just got back from the movie. I didn't like it as much as I expected to, but the battle scenes were pretty freaking epic.

I really enjoyed the way they did Snape's memories. I'm really glad it wasn't chronological. Everything was like an awesome puzzle.

As far as James goes- I noticed that Harry hardly looked at him. As for the whole James-Snape debate, I think Snape is a much more interesting character.

It was really fun to watch Annie, my youngest sister who's still on Book Five, react to the movie. When she found out Harry was a Horcrux, she gasped, "Holy poop!" more than once. When she asked me if Dumbledore was a bad guy all along, I had to tell her to shut up and watch the movie.

McGonagall, Molly Weasley, and Neville were the definition of badassery. That's all I have to say.

There were a few things about the movie that really irked me:
1. Fred's death wasn't treated like it should have been. I didn't cry. I thought they'd left out his death entirely until Katie and Annie told me that there had been a shot where he was lying there, dead. I don't think they even said which twin it was. :wut: They paid more attention to Lupin and Tonks, whose relationship was never developed in the first place. The whole movie series it's been like, "Who the h double hockey sticks is Tonks and why do we care?"
2. Helena and the Bloody Baron were never explained. This wouldn't have been necessary to the plot, but it would've been nice to add. The ghosts in these movies have NEVER been done justice. Guess it all started when they didn't include the Ghost Party in COS :/
3. I felt like it was a bit rushed. I've only read the book once, but it seemed like things were happening too quickly.
4. They totally skipped over the fact that Harry's Cloak is the Third Hallow.

I actually didn't mind the epilogue, considering that I HATED that part of the book.

It took me a while to remember that the actor who played Crabbe quit after the sixth movie. I was wondering why the heck Blaise Zabini was there!

Also: everyone who wanted to slap Pansy Parkinson, raise your hands!

I went into this movie expecting to bawl my eyes out and didn't shed a tear. The book is much much much much much more powerful than the movie. All things considered, it wasn't a bad end to the series, just not the best it could have been.

You explained it all so well Amanda.

Estrella Drage said:
t took me a while to remember that the actor who played Crabbe quit after the sixth movie. I was wondering why the heck Blaise Zabini was there!
He didn't quit, he was "let go" after getting caught with cocaine while driving and growing marijuana in his mum's house. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back