DA meeting two

A wave of guilt washed over Sophia as she saw the look on Courtney's face. Everything had been going terribly wrong as of late, and she was not entirely sure why. Sophia's gaze fell on Ford and she stared at him for a few moments, considering. She wanted very much to grasp him in a tight hug, but could not bring herself to do so in the open like this.

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong," she announced harshly, her tone suggesting she was trying to convince more than just Ford. After standing for a few more moments, Sophia turned and continued walking.

Estrella followed Courtney back to the other members, deciding that talking to Sophia wouldn't even be worth to try. If she was going to treat Courtney Potter, possibly the happiest and most uninfuriating person at the school, like that, then she would have no success. Her expression passive, she walked back over silently.

((okay okay... I'll edit it

actually I don't have time...))

Ford walked behind Sophia, a slight look of concern barely evident on his otherwise apathetic appearing face. He didn't want to argue about weather something was wrong or not, so he changed the subject, "You're not at fault. It's not like you caught Bruin on fire."

Sophia stopped quite suddenly, as if she had just walked into a pane of glass. "Yes I did," she said in a heavy tone, staring fiercely at Ford.

Ford cocked his head to the side, perplexed, "No...you didn't." The usual contempt for the general swath of humanity was now absent from his voice, replaced by concern, "You didn't point your wand at Bruin and say 'incendio'. It's not your fault."

Sophia looked around to see how far away she and Ford were from the rest of the students and grabbed him by the robes, pulling him over to a tree so that they were completely cut off. "I do not understand exactly how it happened, but I am quite certain that I caused the fire," she said in a hurried hush.

Ford looked at Sophia, his face, usually impassive, now reflected his mounting confusion. "What do you mean?" Don't you need a wand to use magic?" He said, trying to regain some semblance of control over his emotions.

"Generally, yes, you do need a wand. There are some things that can be done without one though. This is a family trait apparently. I saw my father do the same thing. Only he seems to be able to control it." Sophia was still speaking in a hurried, hushed voice, frequently glancing about to ensure that no one was listening.

Ford's emotions were screaming through him, like a eight-lane highway. What is it with Sophia, that kicked him out of his apathetic self all the time? He was curious as to why she didn't tell him, and he almost voiced such before he realized that they should probably make their way out of earshot of the others, if they were still around. "Let's go," he said quietly, "In case anyone's still here." He began walking with his arm around Sophia. He was quiet for a moment, trying to figure out what to ask, "When did this first happen?" He asked calmly, thinking it a relatively safe question.

"All right," Sophia said softly as she walked with Ford. "We can go to the Three Broomsticks and get some butterbeer if you like." She remembered him mentioning butterbeer earlier, so she thought this might be a good idea.

"As for this first happening, it has only happened to me once before, in the Daydream Charm."

Ford recalled Sophia telling him about the daydream experience, but didn't think too much about it. "No, not tonight. I'm not in the mood to be around people right now," Ford sighed deeply, his face regaining its impassivity, "Let's head back to the castle, apart from the others of course," he said quietly.

"Oh, all right then," Sophia said plainly and turned to walk back toward the castle. She remained silent the entire way back, staring at the ground mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back