Courtney's Team Practices!

Courtney Potter

Wand
Best wand ever!
Courtney stood on the end of the quidditch pitch and waited for her new team to gather. She knew the players on the roster all had amazing potential, and believed the new team would be a great one. Although she was sad about the Ravenclaw team, she knew it would be better at gametime if there were three teams instead of four.

Courtney held her Sapphire Streak in her right hand, ready to start the practice.

((Okay guys, we need a team name. If you have any ideas at all, please send them to me in a PM. Then we can have a vote. I'm hoping this can be decided ASAP. Thanks.))

Kat walked onto the pitch with much anticipation about playing with her new team. She didn't really know too many of the people that she would be playing along side of, but was hoping to make fast friends. When she arrived she saw Courtney already waiting there. "Hey there capitain!!" she said with a bright smile. "How goes it for you?"

Sophia strolled out onto the Pitch in her school robes, a cold look on her pale face. "Greetings," she said plainly to Courtney and the other girl who was there, whom Sophia did not recognize. She set her Emerald Streak on the ground along with her messenger bag and stood, proceeding to pull her long black hair back into a pony tail.

Kale sauntered out to the quidditch pitch with his Emerald Streak strapped to his shoulder and his beaters bat in his left hand, he swung it around as he walked onto the grassy space. Walking toward the others, he let out a sigh, Kale was still bummed that house teams didn't work out but didn't mind being on Courtneys team the least bit. As Kale approached the girls he smirked and nodded at them, "Hello." he said while staring boredly at the new first year that he didn't recognize from club teams the previous year.

Hilary walked out onto the pitch. She had just seen the new rosters and realized that she had been placed onto COurtney's team. Still slightly sad about Gryffindor but still happy she pulled her broom out of her bag and smiled at her new teammates. "Hey all" she said with her usual bounce.

"Hello everyone!" Courtney said with a grin, glad to see the marjority of the team had shown up already. "I know, you're probably all tired of introducing yourselves on the quidditch pitch. But I'm sure not all of us know each other. So, why don't we each say our name and any other little tidbit of information that we deem important for everyone to know. Along with this, I would like each person to say an activity they would like to do during the practice times we have."

Courtney looked around at the others, hoping they would all agree to the little introductory activity. "I guess I'll start then. My name is Courtney Potter, I'm a third year Ravenclaw Prefect, and for my entire quidditch career at Hogwarts, I've played beater. I'd also love to hear what you guys would like to do for practices!"

Hilary looked at Courtney and started her introiduction to show her support for her new team. "Hi, my name is Hilary Grace and I'm a second year Gryffindor. I have played most positions but I am most certainly best at seeker, which is the positions I am playing here. I would love to see some trust activities to develop our team bonds." She hoped that hadn't sound stupid as she smiled and looked around.

Sophia had gotten her hair back into a ponytail and simply stood, listening silently with an impassive expression on her face. When a silence fell and it seemed no one was going to introduce them self, Sophia spoke up.

"I am Sophia Stark and I am a Third Year Slytherin and a Prefect. I have only ever played Keeper in game, but I am also proficient at Beater and Chaser."

Kat listened as the others introduced themselves, not really looking forward to her turn. This was the first time in a while that she had felt nervous about meeting new people and she could feel her old shy tendencies creeping back in. When it was again quiet she spoke up in a very timid tone and said, "I'm Katalina Vanderhol, or Kat. I'm a Gryffindor first year and i'll be playing chaser, though i'm not opposed to playing wherever i'm needed." Kat fell silent and looked at the ground when feeling slightly red in the face. She was glad that part was over and was now just ready to get the feel of playing with new people.

Kale listened quietly as the others introduced themselves, when it was quiet and the others had already gone, Kale stepped forward and twirled his bat around. "Kale Thomas. Second year, Slytherin. I've always played beater and am not interested to play any other positions. I guess I would like to see more activities that would help with speed and agility." Kale said shortly, he didn't really care what they did as long as he was playing quiddicth and beater. After a moment, Kale stepped back and stared at the others boredly.

KAiley walked down onto the pitch with her Firebolt in her hand. She noticed she was pretty much the last one there. Her cheeks turned a bit pink for a second at being late but she got over it as she realized they were introducing themselves. When it was her turn she said "I'm Kailey Paramore, A Ravenclaw first year and i'll be playing chaser,Though I'm willing to play wherever I'm needed." Kailey said quietly. She was a bit shy when it came to introducing herself.

"Okay," Courtney started. She hated to start the practice without the full team present, but was sure Blake would be able to find them. "One of the suggestions was to practice trust. So, why don't we all split up into partners. Once we are partnered up, we can play a blindfold game. One player will be blindfolded while the other player directs him or her around the pitch. After, positions will be switched, and the player who was originally blindfolded will be the one directing."

Kale stared at his new teammates faces standing around, from the looks of it...he was the only guy on the team. Greeeat. he thought, for a slight moment missing being on Bruin's team. The only people he knew so far were Courtney and Sophia, he wasn't really looking forward to having any of the first years leading him around the pitch with a blind fold so he quickly looked at Courtney, "Wanna be my partner?" he inquired with a shrug at the shoulders, "Since we are going to have to be a tag team and all while hitting those bludgers..." Kale smirked while swinging his bat around once more, hoping in his mind that they would get a little bit of actual practice time in on the first day.

"Sure Kale, I think we'll make a sweet tag team." Courtney answered and took a step closer to Kale. She looked around at the others, and noticed that nobody else seemed to be partnering up. Courtney crossed her arms, feeling a little bit discouraged at the lack of enthousiasm. It was as difficult for her as it was for everyone to switch teams, and she had hoped that the transition would have went along smoothly. Wishful thinking.

"I don't think anyone here bites. Come on guys, partner up, please. Do it for Hilary, as this is the trust activity she wanted to practice." Courtney gave everyone an encouraging nod and smile, and then pulled a couple of handkercheifs out of her pocket that would have to act as blindfolds.

"After practice we can all head to the Three Broonsticks, drinks on me!"

Kale nodded at Courteny, "Cool." he then leaned toward her ear and whispered, "I heard that Blake isn't here anymore...so we're going to be lacking a chaser" Kale said biting his lip.

Courtney nodded at Kale, quite sad about the Blake issue. "I've sent an owl to Grande asking him to join our team. Hopefully he accepts. If not, we'll find someone else, don't worry."

Courtney smiled at Kale before turning around to watch the others pick partners.

Hilary floated upwards slightly surprised that her idea had been used "So, who wants to be my partner?" she called out with a smile to those still hanging around.

Sophia remembered this trust activity from the first practice of the Valkyries. She did not enjoy it then, and she knew she would not enjoy it now. As Keeper, it was not really essential that she trust anyone on the team. Whether or not the team was any good at defense did not affect how well Sophia could do her job. Her performance was entirely dependent upon how good the other team's chasers were. And considering Ford was on a different team, she needed to be good.

When Kale chose Courtney to be his partner Sophia lost all hope of having a good partner. The only people left were two first years and Hilary. Sophia merely stood, staring coldly at the others, waiting to see who dared choose her as her partner.

"Sure Kat!" Kailey said, still gripping her firebolt.

Hilary looked around and saw that by default she was paired with Sophia Well as long as we don't argue this will go well She walked over and said happily, "Well Sophia, I guess that makes us partners"

Grande having recived the owl and decided to accept came out on to the pitch. He looked at his new team that were at the far end of the pitch. He saw that the others were talking and dividing into pairs. He walked over to where his new team mates were. Grande didnt know what they were suppose to be doing so he walked over to were the captian, Courtney was. "Sorry, im a bit late. What are we doing?" Grande asked her. He didnt want to hold up what they were doing.

((Its okay, we are all safe on the ground, once more. I fixed it.))

"Hey Grande," Courtney greeted. "I'm really glad you've decided to join us out here! We've just finished with introductions, so if you'd like you can quickly introduce yourself. Now we're splitting into pairs to do a little truth excercise. Since we have an odd number of players, you can join Kale and myself to make up a group of three. One member of our group will be flying blindfolded, while another member will be directing the blindfolded person around the pitch."

Once Courtney had finished explaining to Grande, she looked out to the others. She noticed that Sophia and Hilary hadn't exactly partnered up yet, but hoped that they would and things would go smoothly. Courtney tossed one handkerchief to Kailey and one to Sophia. "Okay guys, let us have some fun!"

Courtney turned around to her own partners and grinned, "So, who wants to be blindfolded first?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back