Cottage in the Woods

Grabbing his clothes and putting them back on, he confessed to Cecily, "I've only been with my ex-wife, and you are by far the best." Prodan blushed heavily and he chuckled. "I didn't think it would happen so soon, but you kind of touched my spine..." He faded off, hoping she would understand. "Just try to avoid the greenhouses for the next five years and hopefully he would have forgotten by then." Prodan winked at her to let her know that he was joking. He opened the door, and he motioned for Cecily to follow, "We better do as he says...."

Once Nicolette sat back on the couch she pulled the covers back over her body and sighed at the content warm feeling she loved so much. Although she was a bit creeped out by the fact that her friend had been upstairs doing stuff she was actually pretty content. It was still pretty much dark in the room so it was hard to see much.

"Boy do I feel bad for you, hehe you just love you end up in awkward situations." Nicoeltte giggled as she thought about the fact that Kalif was probably going to have a hard time facing either of the two upstairs. "Hehe your so amusing to be around!" She muttered honestly as she thought about all the fun things that usually happened when Kalif was around.

Hands slowly lowered and although the blush remained, it felt as though it'd spread to cover her heart. It gave a twinge when she met Prodan's silver eyes, steady, sincere, a bit smokey from what they'd been doing. She didn't speak, couldn't as she realized it was the same for her. Perhaps she'd known from that first electric kiss on the covered bridge that whatever they would share would be just, she sighed, unable to finish her own thought. It'd been indescribable. She smiled at his joke and walked over to him to take his hands in hers. "Just a minute," she said, coming closer to wrap her arms around him and laid her cheek on his chest. The strong beat of his heart, the clean musky scent of him steadied her, made her feel more connected to him.

Letting out a breath, she withdrew and walked through the door. "Okay," she said over her shoulder to him, "let's face the firing squad." Grinning with her usual humor, green eyes flickered down then up his long body. "So your spine hm?"

Kalif's annoyance was giving him a headache. The Death Eater heard Nicolette and rolled his eyes, "I don't love the awkward situations nor do I walk in them. They tend to stumble upon me." He closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the couch. "If you say so..."

Prodan paused and before he knew it, she was wrapped around him, and he returned the favor by doing the same thing with his mighty arms. Prodan grinned to himself. He liked her an awful lot. Probably ever since the first meeting. Prodan watched her retreat and head through the door once more, and he laughed at her statement. "Yes, my spine along with the butt too. Just be careful what you touch next time." He winked and walked toward her and toward the living room.

Cecily chortled, covering her mouth to hold back most of her giggles. How she liked this funny man of hers. Knowing how inappropriate it would be to come in the room still laughing, she wiped the smile from her face and tried to look contrite. It wasn't much of an act; she was sorry she'd left her friend and Kalif in the lurch. Although she wasn't sorry about what had happened upstairs.

Cheeks bright pink, she resisted the urge to hide behind Prodan's broad shoulders and shout 'It was his idea!' Instead she stood there rather awkwardly, fingers twisted together in a nervous habit and couldn't meet their eyes. "Um, sorry. Really." This was worse than catching seventh years in a broom closet; now it was her getting caught.

Seeing their faces when she glanced up, she groaned and looked up to see Prodan's reaction.

Once Cecily came down and admitted to an apology two things came to Nicolette's mind. One was how cute she thought it was and the other was disgusted that they did that while two people were downstairs. Instead of saying anything she crossed her arms over her chest, even though no one would probably see it from under the covers and narrowed her eyes in a soft glare at the two. Looking for candle's seemed to be more of a fun event then most people let on.

"Mmmhmmm. You guys are like rabbits...seriously." Nicolette muttered before she let a small smile grace her lips. She pulled the blankets up higher and snuggled into them. "That was pretty quick Princess." Nicolette smirked at Prodan for a second before she giggled and leaned back against the couch.

Kalif opened his black eyes and his cold gaze landed on the couple before him, and no expression. It was eerie, to say the least of it. Kalif heard Nicolette's response to them, but he had something better in mind. He stared at them at what seems like forever, as if he were tearing the very soul to threads. Kalif would not say anything, nor would any sort of emotion flicker over his expression. Just a glare...

Prodan glanced away when Nicolette commented first. Prodan should have kept his mouth shut, but alas he did not, "Would have been longer if someone knocked first..." Prodan chuckled lightly, but it was obvious that this was just a mask to hide his embarrassment. His first choice was to run and take Cecily with him but what good would that do? His gaze went from Nicolette to Kalif, and waited for him to say something. But what he wasn't saying was what was sending chills up Prodan's spine. And not the good ones either. Prodan glanced at Cecily, and he cleared his throat nervously and folded his hands behind his back.

Cecily felt Kalif's stare to her very bones. Then she realized, that's what he wanted. He wants to make her as uncomfortable as they'd made him. Okay, she thought, I deserve it. Totally deserved it. Now was the time to make amends, hopefully without Kalif plotting her murder anytime soon. If he already hadn't, she laughed inwardly.

"So um, I'm going into the kitchen, could I get you guys anything? Something to eat, drink, blankets, an Obliviate maybe?"

Got any fluffy pillows?" Nicolette asked after a small yawn. She was done glaring at the two because she was pretty sure Kalif was doing enough of it for the both of them, plus she was getting pretty tired to the point where glaring didn't seem to work as well. She brought a cold hand to wipe at her eyes as an attempt to keep then open, this worked for a couple of minute's before he eyes began to droop again. The calm atmosphere and the warmth of the blankets was causing her to fall asleep faster then she really would like to be.

A few more moments passed by and Nicolette was pretty much half asleep, so without paying much attention she tiredly laid her down on something comfy and warm which she assumed was the arm of the couch and had no thought in head in her head that is was Kalif.

Kalif shook his head in response but gave her a fair warning, "Try to wipe my memory or have anything to do with my mind, and you will live to regret it." He would have pulled out his wand to make sure that the warning was solid, until he felt someone fall into his lap, literally. His cold gaze glanced down and saw none other than Nicolette, asleep in his lap. His body immediately tensed upon contact, and his gloved hands curled into tight fists. His expression lost the emptiness and went to complete irritation. Glancing up at the couple, Kalif whispered coldly, "You two will not wake up happy if you dare to disturb me any more than what I am now." I can't even reach my wand from where she is at. He put his arm on the armrest, and his hand held his head, his headache increasing to a migraine. Once more, why me?

Prodan covered his chuckle with a cough as Cecily threw in an Obliviate. However, Kalif's threat made Prodan frown. "Wow, over dramatic much? I doubt she will do that without your consent first." Prodan shrugged and he smiled to himself. It only got bigger when Nicolette fell asleep on him. Prodan turned to Cecily, "Maybe we ought to just go to sleep." Giving a glance toward Kalif. "In separate areas for their sake."

Cecily smiled slightly at Prodan, grateful he took up for her in her defense. She'd never do that to anyone, ever. Without speaking, she hurriedly gathered pillows and blankets and within minutes had them beside Kalif on the couch. She wanted to cover him but didn't think he'd take too kindly to it at all. Glancing at the long legs she knew would become cramped sitting up like that, she brought over a stuffed ottomon for him to rest his feet on, if he wanted to, and set it beside his feet.

"Good night," she murmured, unable to look at him, and with a glance and nod at Prodan, to let him know they would sleep upstairs, she headed that way.

Kalif waited until they were out of sight, until he gave a mighty shove to get Nicolette off him and she would go tumbling into the floor. Swiftly standing up, he glanced up the stairs to ensure that he could get some business done. Within an instant, Kalif opened the door, and shut it silently behind him, walking out into the night, before apparating. He would return before anyone would notice that he was really gone.

Prodan flashed a smile at Cecily before following her up the stairs. Though he thought that her intentions were for sleep, but then again, who know what was running through that woman's mind, which only intrigued him more.

Once Prodan walked into the room, Cecily walked around him and holding his eyes with hers, pointedly locked the door with her wand and then cast a very obvious silencing charm on the room. Then with a grin she pushed on his chest to knock him to the bed. Wand safely on the little table, she followed him. Lips against his, smiling, she whispered, "That's how we don't get interupted." Laughingly she kissed him, trailed her fingers down his spine and let the magic of the night wash over them.

Prodan was a little shocked at Cecily's sudden burst of desire, but that did not bother Prodan in any way. He laughed while his lips where against hers and he murmured, "Taking precautions this time, huh? I like it." Prodan felt her fingers in the right spot to let the magic flow, and he used his arms to lay her down in the bed, continuing to kiss her.

The Next Morning...

Bright morning light flooded into the large, airy bedroom. In the center of the painted white wrought iron bed, spooned back to chest, were Cecily and Prodan. The light hit her eyes and she snuggled her face into her pillow, wishing the offending rays away. When that didn't work, green eyes slowly opened. Rubbing the grit from them with her free hand, she gazed about in confusion, a split second of alarm in realizing she wasn't alone, then the giddy thrill when realization sunk in of who was pressed against her back, sleeping peacefully.

Turning over, careful not to wake him, Cecily traced Prodan's features with her eyes. Hand under her head on the pillow, the other on his chest over his heart. If she wasn't careful, this man could begin to mean the world to her. Already she liked him, cared for him. Soon she could find herself on that dangerous precipice between caring and love; would the fall be worth it? Her fingers lightly traced over the arch of his eyebrow, the straight line of his nose, the curves of his lips, parted in sleep. Yes, she thought, she could come to love him, quickly if she weren't careful. The thought scared her, thrilled her and yet she pushed those negatives away. Love was too precious to throw away, when it came, grab onto it with both hands and let the fates take you on that faithful journey.

If it came, when it came, she'd throw herself over that cliff for this man. Inching closer, she nuzzled her nose lightly against his, brushed her mouth just as lightly against his and waited to see what would be in those silver eyes when they opened.

Prodan was in a hazy, cloudy dream. It only occurred when he was incredibly happy, and he indeed was. Though the slightest touch caused him to open his eyes, full of that cloudy, happy dream he had, and he stared into Cecily's. He smiled warmly at her, and he murmured a greeting, "Morning, beautiful." The road with him and Cecily upon it was a difficult one for Prodan. Would he dare risk loving again, especially after Dorothee? Though this woman, she was different, and that alone made Prodan go for it. Take the risk.

He decided to pursue with this. See if he could win her love, as he knew that he would soon fall in love again. And in Prodan's heart, he felt that it would be an even greater fall than the last time. Perhaps two times greater, and it was a great thing. However, he felt some doubts in his mind, extremely faint voices in his mind. That could only mean one thing.

Prodan needed his medicine.

Kalif had entered the house around the peak of dawn, and leaned against the wall ever since. The storm had caused a few damages upon the trees but nothing too serious unfortunately. He waited for Prodan to wake up, as he was lazily throwing the medicine Prodan had to take every morning up and catching it. Sooner or later, Prodan had to come down from the bedroom. A smirk flickered across his features for a moment. He better hurry up before he goes into that dark attitude of his. I'm sure that he doesn't want Cecily to know about that.

The minute Nicolette opened her eyes she immediately regretted it. The fact that it was light outside bothered her a bit, especially when she was feeling extremely drained and not to mention a bit agitated. Sitting up her hand went to head and rubbed it as she lazily yawned. Glancing around the room she noticed Kalif leaning against the wall and immediately raised an eyebrow before she snorted and rubbed her eyes. He was tossing something and catching it but she couldn't really tell what it was.

"Morning Kalif! Oh, thanks for shoving me on the floor last night...it was a real thrill." She muttered before she smirked lightly at him and tore the covers off of her. She stood to her full 5'10 height and stretched for a moment before she looked around once to see if there was any sign of Cecily or Prodan.

Cecily's breath caught at the tender look he gave her and his sweet words. "Morning," she whispered, grinning. She hadn't been this happy in so long. While she pondered on this, she noticed that slowly his expression began to change. Oh no. Was he having second thoughts about what happened last night? About...them? Maybe he was just thinking about his brother being downstairs. Oh sweet Merlin! Nicolette! What must her friend be thinking of her? She'd do something to make it up to her. She kissed him, then rolled out of bed, grabbing clothes and putting them on. "C'mon, handsome," she grinned over her shoulder as she pulled down the hem of her white sweater, "I'll make you breakfast."

She left him to get dressed and gather his own thoughts. Her own were scattered and she forced herself to go into her kitchen. Pausing, she spotted first Kalif, standing against the wall and staring rather coldly at her. Then at Nicolette. "Good morning," she murmured, tucking strands of hair behind her ears nervously before ducking her head and going past them to the sink. She scrubbed her hands then set about making breakfast at the clean, off white Aga stove.

Prodan got dressed accordingly, and watched Cecily leave the bedroom, before he sat down on the bed for a moment, and he held his head. How could he forget his medicine? Standing up, the voices whispering were faint, so he was appear normal for a while. It would take thirty minutes after the dosage to get them out. He hurried down the stairs and saw Kalif. A sigh of relief escaped him when Kalif handed him his medicine, and almost like it was instinct, he took one of the white pills and popped it in his mouth before swallowing it. He grimaced slightly, and gave the medicine back to Kalif. Prodan whispered, "Keep it, and hide it... You are a life saver."

Prodan went into the kitchen, and he saw Cecily cooking. Regaining his warm smile, "Hey there, gorgeous..." Prodan wanted to just hug her right now, but until the whispering completely died, and his doubts that did not belong there went away, he better keep his distance for now.

Kalif pocketed the bottle in his robes, before glancing over at Nicolette. He shrugged and replied without much care, "Better than just letting you sleep on me." He walked over to the doorway to the kitchen and stood, watching over Prodan. Though with his body turned at a certain angle, one could not tell whether he was in the kitchen going to the living room or vise versa. Turning a bit more, he headed back into the living room and leaned against a wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back