Cottage in the Woods

Nicolette stared at Kalif for a minute with a look of confusion on her face. She had no meory whatsoever that she had fallen asleep on him. In fact she had originally thought that she had slept on the couch and he had shoved her off for the thrill of it. With a soft giggle Nicolette scratched the back of her head shyly as she thought about how rude she might've seemed. Then again what she considered rude probably didn't phase him at all. "I fell asleep on you? Teehee, well then your really comfy!" She stated happily before she grinned and bounded off towards the kitchen. In the room was already Prodan and Cecily.

"Morning love birds!" She said happily as she walked further into the room.

Cecily occupied herself with cracking eggs, cutting up strawberries and mixing batter. She preferred doing everything without magic, except for the clean up that is. As she flipped over a flapjack, golden brown on one side, she heard Prodan. Glancing over her shoulder she just caught the small exchange between the brothers but thought nothing of it. Kalif didn't stick around long, for which she was a bit grateful for. It was easier to cook in a bustling, happy manner without wondering if you're going to burst into flames as someone stared coldly at your back.

"Hey there yourself handsome," she smiled, a bit of flour streaked lightly on one cheek. "Have yourself a seat and I'll serve you up some of my homemade pancakes." She sensed something was bothering him, not even close to guessing the truth, and contributed it to being embarrassed around his brother from last night.

"G'morning, Nicolette," she grinned at her friend, gesturing with her spatula for the blonde to take a seat at the table too. "Breakfast is on me."

Moments later, she dished everything up onto platters charmed to stay warm and set them on the table. There were hashbrowns, scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, sausage, warm syrup, butter, toast and pitchers of orange juice. The plate she set in front of Prodan had a pancake with a lopsided happy face made from blueberries, for Nicolette she'd done the same but spelled out 'Sorry!' with chocolate chips with a heart and Kalif's was a sunny faced pancake with strawberry halves around it, making it look like the sun.

"Kalif," she called out only loud enough for him to hear from the living room, "breakfast is ready." Sitting down at the table, she glanced at Prodan shyly.

After everyone had left, Cecily sat on her back porch, lazily swinging back and forth on the large two seater suspended from chains. Breakfast had been an even to say the least, one she laughed to herself over. She had made plans with Nicolette to treat her to dinner and movies. To make it up to Kalif, well, she'd just steer clear of him for a while and not send any children for detention. She hummed to herself, swinging in the early afternoon sunlight, thinking of new beginnings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back