OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ngawaiata
Niamh had been excited when she heard that she had been appointed the new leader of the conglomerated arts club. She hoped that she was able to win it in a way that felt true to her and inclusive to everyone but most importantly had hoped that she would be able to fill the rather large footprints that Casper had left behind. Today was her first meeting, and she had been busy planning all of the different things that she could have done, but on their planning meeting, she and Eugene had decided how to start it.
She had arrived at the club early and had started setting it up. The event was themed as anything goes reality aiming to show the variety of the club. She had the kitchen set up with a few recipes and ingredients, and the studio at the back was set up with music ready for dancing. There was a variety of papers, fabrics, ribbons and buttons and other items out on the table for a variety of crafts including scrapbooking and origami, and directions for origami and friendship bracelets. And in one of the other rooms paint pencils, with canvases and drawing paper. The music rooms were set up, with one of them set with poems, and scripts for those more dramatically inclined. She watched as people arrived smiling and greeting them. Once it seemed like most people were there, she stood up. "Hello everyone. Welcome to the Conglomerated Arts Clubs' first event of the year. I am Niamh or Sky, and I am the new Conductor of Crafts. Eugene is still here as the music meistro" she said. Looking around the room seeing a lot more familiar faces than she would have thought. "For today's event, anything goes. We have a variety of stations set up showcasing the different aspects of the club so free free to give anything a try. Mix different aspects up. There are no rules. Nothing is wrong, this is art after all" she said her eyes glancing to Renata who always said that she liked art but was not good at it. which was something sky had insisted that was not the case. "and if you don't know what you want to do or want to try something new. we have a couple of dice here that you can roll and find something to try" she said. Holding up two dice each the size of her hand with things written on the faces. "Eugene, did you want to say a few words?" she said stepping slightly to one side feeling relief that she had managed to make it through without messing up.

OOCOut of Character:
open after Emzies posts with Eugene. Basically, there are no rules. Just have a play, experiment with different kinds of 'art' mix things up and have fun.

Eugene had helped set things up for this first Arts event, it would be a fun event. He had brought out several instruments for people to play, had pulled out a number of sheet music and other helpful guides, anything that someone could want. He knew this first event would be loud and noisy, but it was going to be amazing. Eugene watched as people entered the room and nodded along eager as Sky introduced herself to them. He waved too when she pointed him out and then listened along as she continued. She eventually handed it to him. ”I have nothing much to add, have fun with this, experiment, see what you like, what you don't like. I'll be on hand to help any of our musicians who need an extra hand,” he said.

Renata was really proud of Sky. It wasn't easy managing a club or organizing things - Renata was sure she'd never be able to do it. There was that slight ugly jealous feeling when she saw both Sky and Eugene being cool and in control and getting things together, but she forced it down with a smile as she wandered the room, sitting at a crafts table and fumbling with origami paper. She didn't want to make a fool of herself, though the paper was getting a bit crinkled and disturbed as she tried to make sense of the instructions. Renata wasn't sure why she persisted, sometimes. Maybe it was just to make everyone look better in comparison. That's what her mother had said Renata was best at, after all.

Estella quite liked the Conglomerated Arts Club, especially since she didn't have to organise anything for it. The Hogwarts Monthly was a little stressful at times, but the arts club was a good distraction from it. The only thing that made her a little nervous for the first meeting of the year was the fact that Sawyer was probably going to be there. He was making her way more nervous than necessary lately, and part of her even hated it. Why was she so caught up on him? It had literally been years.

As Essie entered the arts room, she quickly scanned the room for him, and upon not being able to find him yet, she found a spot in the corner of the room as she listened to the new leader speak, followed by the music meistro. They were basically instructed to do whatever they wanted, which was a relief for Essie. She headed over to the kitchen and read through a couple of the recipes, wondering which one she should have a go at first.

Dahlia would've liked to have joined a drama club. It might have been a social mistake back home, but she had a bit more freedom here, she thought. Sport was her main thing, but she'd always liked acting and performing. Plus, it helped when she wanted to get a penalty out of the opposition in a game. But the clubs here were kind of limited and also really broad. The arts club would work, though even it seemed like it didn't really know what it wanted. Dahlia shrugged, wandering around and taking everything in for a bit. There was art, there was music, there was cooking...she almost felt overwhelmed by choice, eventually finding some poems and reading them over, mumbling them as she tried to get a handle on the flow of them. At least this felt somewhat normal.

Mish didn't mind the art club, it wasn't his favorite thing to do, but it was alright to waste time. He had his guitar strapped across his back as he entered the club room, looking around at the new leaders. Rocking on his heels, he listened to the older girl, only briefly looking at the different stations set up in the room. He didn't care about any of them, wandering straight over to the musical one the moment he could. "Wassup!" He greeted cheerily, slinging his guitar around, "If anyone jus' wants ta jam, then I'm here for it."

Valeria loved being able to create, it was why she had signed up to the arts club. She was very excited for the event, especially as she walked into the room and realised this event would mean she'd get to just do what she wanted. She didn't have to wait very long for the leader of the club to speak. Valeria was glad when it just got started. She went over to the arts area, taking a canvas and some paints. She wasn't sure what she would draw but she felt like she should have a good time to be able to just paint and create something that she wanted. She had so many things she wanted to say and with this art she would be able to do so.

Rosie liked the arts room, she'd decided to sign up and though she hadn't participated in events all that often, since discovering how cool the room was, she knew it was only a good idea to sign up. She wanted nothing more than to just create something. She touched at the bracelet with swirling red, pinks, and purples that she and Abby had made as she stepped into the room. Rosie was of course without Aurora, who hadn't signed up for this club. She listened to the leader and then glanced about the room, wondering what she could do. She walked to the instruments, and then went to the arts area, where more thread, and other things were. The Gryffindor decided she'd do something with the thread, maybe do more bracelets, or maybe use the needle and thread to make a picture on a piece of cloth. Rosie could do whatever, that was the point.

Gregory was never the one to be allowed to do art. He had given it every effort in school, before Hogwarts, but he'd always been the first cast out, and with at least one teacher they hadn't even given him a chance before telling him to sit it out. So he was nervous about the arts club meeting. The girls there had told him he wouldn't get kicked out, but was sure that the moment he caused a mess or messed up someone else's work, then he would get cast out. He just wanted a chance to try at art. He was fidgeting with his hands as he walked in, visibly unable to keep still as the leaders spoke. Gregory glanced around, not sure what to do, and immediately worried he'd ruin this for someone else. This had been a mistake. He was convinced he should just immediately leave.

Renata was wondering if she should talk to Sky, as awkward as things were, or maybe take the rare opportunity to see how Eugene was doing. She looked between the instructions and what she had - apparently she'd folded things backwards and the wrong way around, and it was nothing like a crane. Renata could only shake her head, looking around the room and noticing the boy who'd come up to the table at the fair looking a little lost. She remembered she'd noticed a small bruise on his face - easily missable, but something she'd been familiar with from her time at Durmstrang. And she hadn't had glasses to hide them with. So she stood up, going over to him with a gentle smile. "Hi! Gregory, right?" She hoped she wasn't intimidating him. Renata was hardly intimidating, but her being in fourth year probably was intimidating to a first year. "Would you like to do some art with me?" Renata was terrible at it, but she remembered what he'd said at the club fair, and she hoped at least her complete lack of skill would at least make him feel a little more comfortable about being there.
@Gregory Friend

Gregory wasn't stood alone for long when one of the older girls, from the stall where he'd signed up for the club, approached him. He nodded at his name, and then glanced towards the crowd behind her as she asked. ”Please,” he said quietly, his voice nervous. He wanted to try it, to actually get a chance to use the art supplies that had always been so cool. But he didn't move, wanted to let her decide where they were to go. He was worried that the moment he started moving he'd trip or something and smash everything around him.
@Renata Stepanova

Renata wasn't the quickest of wits, but she tried to think of what the best option would be. She didn't like to waste the paints when she didn't have an artistic eye, and that could be a messy thing for both of them, maybe a bit too much to start with. She bent her knees just a little to be closer to eye level, giving him the most reassuring smile she could manage. "Why don't we start with...um...oh! The colouring...pencils! We could do some drawing, if you would like to?" Renata had to think to remember what the word was for a moment. She pointed over in the direction of one of the tables, walking at a slow pace to make sure he was keeping up with her. "Oh, and my name is Renata. I don't think I introduced myself before, sorry."
@Gregory Friend

Gregory nodded as she suggested something they could start with. Colouring pencils seemed like a good idea. He couldn't make a mess of those. He wouldn't make a mess of those, so he nodded eagerly, ”Yes!” his nervousness was fading away, and he followed behind her as she went towards one of the tables. Gregory was focusing on putting one foot in front of the other, he followed her. ”Nice to meet you, Renata,” he said without looking up at her. ”I'm Gregory…,” he replied, but realized she already knew his name. ”You're in Hufflepuff, right? Like me?” he was sure he'd seen her near the dorm.
@Renata Stepanova

Renata could tell that Gregory was nervous - not that that was hard to see - and she could understand why. Going to boarding school at all was scary. She wasn't sure if he'd had much experience with magic before but at least it didn't matter for this. If there were any messes, she at least felt confident with the cleaning charm. The amount of spilled ink she'd dealt with had made her an expert in it. Renata took a seat, pulling over some paper and looking over at Gregory with a grin. "I am, yes! I am in fourth year. Do you like Hufflepuff so far?" She asked, hopeful that his dormmates were being friendly. Hufflepuffs weren't necessarily nice by default, but a lot of them were. And even the most antisocial Hufflepuff was nicer than an aggressive Durmstrang student wanting to assert themselves. "I came here from school in Europe last year. It was a little scary but the Hufflepuff people made me feel welcome." She picked up a yellow pencil and drew a circle, thinking of making it into a flower. It would be a crude, childish flower, but it was the best she could do.
@Gregory Friend

Gregory nodded as she asked if he liked Hufflepuff. Of all the things that were going on in Hogwarts, his dorm mates were about the best thing that he had. ”Yeah! It's great,” he said excitedly, any previous nervousness disappearing for a moment, a pep in his step back, but when he almost bumped into something he quickly tried to reign himself in. ”There are other schools?!” he asked, of course there would be he knew that, but it still was incredulous to him. This whole world was just there beside his old world, and they hadn't known a thing about it. He sat down in the seat she'd pulled out for him and looked at the pencils on off. He took the paper and then was trying to decide what he should draw.
@Renata Stepanova

Renata was quite relieved to hear that, beaming at his enthusiasm. As much as it was a little awkward at times, Renata was glad she had Molly and Sky to talk to. She was going to make more of an effort to know Molly better and of course she liked hanging out with Sky, even if it was a bit strange at the moment. Renata wasn't sure how to approach it, but that was a problem for later. Right now she just wanted to help Gregory feel welcome in the club, as Sky had to her last year. "Yeah! I guess they're so far away you probably wouldn't have heard about them yet," she reasoned. Maybe he had a muggle family. Eugene hadn't really known about Durmstrang's reputation, much to her relief. They taught a little about them in some classes, age thought, but she wasn't entirely sure. "I think each continent has at least one. There's the original Hogwarts, in Scotland. There's Beauxbatons, I think it's in France. I went to Durmstrang...it's somewhere very cold." She looked a little sad at the memory, but shook her head, smiling again. "There's also Ilvermony, in America. There are others too, but those are probably the other ones you will hear about."

Renata drew some very amateur and lopsided blue petals, squeezing one in where she hadn't quite left enough space. "What kinds of things do you like? Maybe you could draw something that makes you smile?" Renata gestured at her picture with an embarrassed smile. "Or maybe you could start with your favourite colour! I...can not really draw," she said, shrugging. "But it doesn't matter if you have a good time doing it."

@Gregory Friend

Dahlia read the poems, but she was distracted by the sound of a slightly older boy with a guitar. She couldn't help but stifle a giggle, he had a bit of a rockstar bearing except the fact that he was a boy of about twelve or thirteen and by that virtue he wasn't anywhere near being a rockstar at all. Swinging her arms to stretch her shoulders, she walked over to him with a grin. "What kind of music do you play?" Dahlia couldn't play any instruments, but she could kind of sing and she certainly enjoyed listening to music.

@Mischa Falter-Butera

Sky listened to what Eugene had to add and then started wandering around the room. She saw Gregory. And remembered how he had been when she had run into him in the library, glad that renata was with him she decided to give them a bit of space especially due to the end of the three legged race. She felt her cheeks redden slightly thinking about it. How could she have been so careless. She saw Gregory step back and almost crash into some shelves are you guys okay? Cute flower she said as she passed. She saw Rosie for once without her twin playing with threads. And Valeria getting started with some paints. Essie was starting something in the kitchen. It was good to see where people gravitated as it gave her a bit of an idea as to what the work on in the future. She was about to join the other first year who was reading poetry quietly by herself when the girl moved to join with the boy playing guitar. She was going to join them but music was the area that Eugene looked after. She was taking care of everyone else. In the end she ended up in the kitchen with Essie that smells good. What are you making? she asked. Looking at her food. She was so spidering a cooking event next semester. But she needed to discuss it with a couple of people first.
@Estella Fuentes @Renata Stepanova @Gregory Friend

The arts club always felt a bit chaotic in a way Sawyer enjoyed, so he was glad for a club meeting to get his mind off the weirdness with Essie and the looming threat of their NEWTs this year. He'd been curious who'd take over the club for Casper but was pretty content with Sky handling things, she seemed creative and friendly enough, so she and Eugene would probably do just fine.

It was tempting to get into the club room and head straight for one of the music rooms, especially with some of the younger students discussing music already. The hardest part of being away from home had been missing playing with his siblings, doubly so now Theia had graduated since she'd been his number one jam partner, but Sawyer felt his feet change their mind the second he spotted Essie working on sort of recipe. "Need a hand?" He offered, sliding up next to her at the counter. "I mean, I can't bake at all, but I could do a dramatic reading of the recipe for you if you like? Check it out," he said, picking up the recipe and clearing his throat. "One cup sugar, combined with butter. Whisk...vigorously," he said in a lofty voice, chancing a glance at Essie to be sure she was actually finding this funny. @Estella Fuentes

Gregory nodded eagerly, they were so far away he didn't know them. ”Is there one in Australia?” that was already pretty far for him, but he'd heard a couple of Australian accents so had to imagine there possibility wasn't if they were here. But the girl did go on to describe a few of the other schools. Which to him were all fascinating. He wondered if he could ever go to the other schools. ”Can people visit the other schools?” he asked. Gregory was now faced with a blank sheet of paper, and he nodded, ”Yeah!” he said excitedly. Something that made him smile. ”I don't think I can either…but I want to try,” he told her as if agreeing, he would have a good time, and hopefully he wouldn't ruin it. He took the pencil, opting for a green colour, and began to draw. It was slightly unclear what he was drawing as he got started, but it didn't matter.
@Renata Stepanova

Jordie was running a few minutes behind, but he managed to pop in just before the speeches started. He smiled as he saw the two up there. It was odd not seeing Casper, but he thought Sky was good people, and if Casper had left her in charge then he was sure she must be. Once people had started to disperse, he found his way to the art easels. Selecting a few colors, he moved to a canvas nearby, before spotting a familiar face at another easel. "Hi! Valeria, right?" He asked with a smile. @Valeria Iglesias

Renata had to admit she wasn't sure about Australian schools, but maybe there was one? She shrugged, tensing mid-shrug as Sky approached them. At least she was managing the mingling thing well. That was a relief. It was still a bit awkward, though it wasn't really something to be bothered about. It was just a weird accident they could move on from and laugh about. "Not sure...there's probably a small one there, but I haven't heard anything about it," she admitted. "I think you can visit them. The school who wins the Quidditch Cup each year plays a match against Beauxbatons or Ilvermony. I wonder if we get to go there for games sometimes, too." She gave Gregory an apologetic smile, as she didn't really know the answers, but she wanted to give him as much information as she had at the very least. Her smile became more genuine as she saw him starting to draw. It was a little more of a relief to just draw with someone who was just starting out and trying to have some fun, not someone who was talented and knew what they were doing. Which was a mean thing to think, she knew, but sometimes she couldn't help herself. Renata took a blue pencil and started colouring some sky above, mostly in scribble but it was something. "It's always good to try," she agreed. "I think it's a saying that there are no mistakes, only happy accidents? I'm not sure where that came from."

@Gregory Friend

Valeria was happy to work away as other people did do. She noted there was someone who had settled in next to her, and after a moment of silence he spoke. She glanced at the boy. Jordan Harris. She knew him by proxy, because she knew Ares. She liked Ares, he was a good friend, and he had picked Jordie as a partner which had to say something about him. "Yeah, and you're Jordan right?" she replied though she was sure that she was more certain about who he was than he'd been about her.
@Jordan Harris

No one was taking him up on his jam offer, which did make him wrinkle his nose a little. Well, if no one was going to jam with him, then he would just play obnoxiously annoying music to bother everyone else. Maybe then someone might change their mind just to make him play something different. But then some younger-looking girl came over just as Mish was settling his fingers on the correct cord. "Pretty much anythin'," he responded breezily as he strummed a couple of chores to warm his fingers up. "You play somethin?"
@Dahlia Doherty

Jordie chuckled at her words and shook his head. "Nah, it's just Jordie." He corrected easily. "You're one of Ares' friends, yeah?" He questioned, wanting to get his facts right instead of just assuming. "Plus you're on the Ravenclaw team," He added, dipping his brush into a new color and swirling it over his canvas. He'd decided to make something for Ares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back