Not open for further replies.

Abbigale Raven

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Very Conservative
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Hey guys! It's a new year with new first years and so I am here for my "annual" Plot Development. I have four lovelies for you this year, so let me know what you guys have got for me! I'll love you all forever! First up we have;</FONT>
Maya Corby!
taylor_swift-wallpaper-350x200.jpg
about her: Maya comes from a mixed race family living in Alice springs. As a child she grew up on stories of the dream time and other stories of princes and princesses being rescued by heroic characters. Disney Fairy tales are her ultimate favourite. The first thing people would notice about Maya is that she is a sweetheart. She is adorable and she likes everyone. It is very hard for her to not find at least one good quality in anyone. It doesn't matter what it is, if someone could find it, it would be Maya. She is very observant in that respect. Because her mother died when she was ten, Maya has had to grow up fast. Faster than should be allowed for any child. She cooks, cleans and helps take care of her three younger brothers, much to the annoyance of her father. He's not annoyed at her, but wishes she would let him be the parent and her be the child. Being a muggleborn, Maya was and is very curious about magic. She is very curious about how magic could help her in her care for her family. Her younger brothers would be easier to deal with if she could threaten to turn them into toads.
Jakobe Hitachiin!
15nvpxt.jpg
about him: Jakobe is a smart boy that really likes history. His favourite pastimes are reading history books, researching his heritage and eating anything with sugar in it. He has a deep fear of disappointing his family and so even though he seems happy go lucky and excitable, if his parents or elder siblings tell him he is no longer allowed to do something, or talk to someone, he will automatically do as he is told. He is very curious and likes to know things, but if he is worried that it will jeopardise his friendship with someone, he will not ask them something. He is quite happy never knowing some-ones blood status, family name or heritage. He loves his family and will do anything for them, but sometimes he honestly wonders if everything they say really is as true as they seem to think. Jakobe is also quite lucky. Everything seems to always go right for him, no matter what it is, what he has done or what he will do with it.
Dwaide Lesley!
Dwaide_zps824f46a4.jpg
about him: A part veela from a rather large french family, Dwaide likes to surround himself with lots of people. He is very adventurous and is intrigued about muggles and muggle things. His favourite pastime is watching television and in that he has a favourite show is called Doctor Who. Because of this, Dwaide has gotten himself a sonic screwdriver as well as suitable clothes that remind him of the Doctor. He has been raised by his sister since he was about three or four. He sees his sister Desislava as his mother. Even though Dwaide is respectful and loves his sister, he was known to sneak out if not specifically told not too. He liked to adventure around town and often got himself into trouble that his sister then had to get him out of. He isn't exactly prejudice against people in particular being a halfbreed himself, but if people annoy him or anger him, it is hard to once again gain his trust. He is quite open with people and fiercely loyal to his friends. He is not above being blunt either, though he prefers to keep his mouth shut then risk hurting people. Sometimes, especially around girls that are not related to him, he can be a little awkward, mostly because he makes sexist jokes to his sisters, but he wouldn't know if it would offend any other girls he might meet.
Ellington Hayes!
liliana_mumy12_zps37cc0771.jpg
<FONT font="calibri">about her: Ellie is first and foremost a rather shy child. She gets this mostly from her mother being an eccentric artist. Most of the time Ellie was left to her own devices so she wasn't very apt at making friends. When she did get to school, people made fun of her strange name and so she grew to hate it. When people tease her about it she grows quite upset and can sometimes lash out, despite being very shy. She is fiery when riled and has a dark sense of humour. She is very smart, as a book lover she likes to read things and she is very witty. She has a comeback for almost everything but being teased about her name. Of course it depends entirely on who is teasing her. Ellie was a fairly lonely child because she was the only child in her building. Her mother lived in a studio apartment in cork that was home to quite a few artists, but none of them had children. Despite being bullied a lot, Ellie would never betray a confidence and was often dubbed "secret keeper" by her peers. Mostly because people had no one else to talk to, at present Ellie has calculated that she has bared witness to over one hundred secrets. She writes them all down in a special diary in code so that people can't read it unless she wants them too. Even though she is always inside, she is fully able to admire the beauty of the outside. She just tends to stay indoors on a sunny day because of her complexion and the tendency to burn very easily.

I can offer you a couple of folks,

Graeme and Maya, they are both in the same house, and while Graeme is fairly childish, he's also pretty responsible, and this will have grown over the break. He stayed with incredibly elderly grandparents and helped look after them. Has recieved no word from his mother since just before the break. So he's in a sort of slump. He's putting on a brave face, and would act as he always does friendly and open. He'd probably enjoy Maya's company, could sure her a few basic spells, and answer questions about magic that she might have.

And I have a new character Victoire Fontaine who could be friends with Ellington. Victoire is a very determined and stubborn girl, who loves reading, talking and arguing. She'll never back down from a point she's made. Even if, at times she'll realise she's wrong. She's incredibly confident and has a strong belief in her own achievements. When she fails she blames no one but herself. Her parents are busy people, so she was mostly raised by a nanny, who taught her to be kind and polite. She's incredibly loyal, and would fight to end of the earths for her friends. She's passionate and believes in equality for all. She has been a little more starved of affection in her childhood, so she's not often very good at physical contact. She's a muggle born, really getting to grips with magic, who finds everything fascinating. I think they could make good friends!
Let me know what you think!

Teigs.
I have one thing to offer you. Maya and Lowan Kickett. Lowan is the younger brother to Una. he is part (third i think) aboriginal. and quite proud of it. they could be sort of friends, or he could be sort of a 'mentor/older brother/cousin' to her though he may be a bit of a bad influence at times (though not as much as una would have been). he may remind lowan a little of his brother Maka who is a rather sweet too.

Emzies: Graeme and Maya sound like they would make a great pairing. Maya is definitely very curious about magic and should would definitely have questions. In regards to Graeme's slump, I think Maya would pick up that he was sad, but not neccessarily why, so she would likely try to make him feel better, or something xD I like this, we should do this.
Victoire and Ellie sound like they would be a formidable pair. Ellie doesn't know much about magic either even though her father is a pureblood, because she lived with her mother her whole life. They could have fun discovering magic together!

Mia: Maya and Lowan would be an interesting pair. I don't really know how they would get along, but thats part of the fun in roleplaying right? Lets do this!

Professor Abbigale Jinxx said:
Emzies: Graeme and Maya sound like they would make a great pairing. Maya is definitely very curious about magic and should would definitely have questions. In regards to Graeme's slump, I think Maya would pick up that he was sad, but not neccessarily why, so she would likely try to make him feel better, or something xD I like this, we should do this.
Victoire and Ellie sound like they would be a formidable pair. Ellie doesn't know much about magic either even though her father is a pureblood, because she lived with her mother her whole life. They could have fun discovering magic together!
Alrighty! Sounds good for both.
You can start one, and I can start the other. Victoire hasn't been sorted yet, so we're best to wait for that, and I'm up for starting the Graeme and Maya topic, if you wouldn't mind? And we can wait till Victoire has been sorted before starting the other.

Yep! Sounds good, Ill start the VictoirexEllie one when she is sorted :D

I don't have any first years, but I do have a second year Ravenclaw, Gabriel Black. He was raised in a strictly magical household. His mother is a Professor at the school. He is athletic, curious, intelligent, and a bit on the reserved side. He was mostly around adults growing up as all of his siblings were in their teens by the time he was born. I think he might go well with Maya. He would probably have a little bit of disdain for her love of muggle things at first, but it would probably fascinate him as well. I am open to other ideas though.

Kait: I think he would be okay with Maya, but I also think he would do well for little Lucy here. Lucy is intelligent, a little boisterous and stubborn. She is Samual Kaster's niece so she is really bubbly and some of the older students often mention Sam and Tamalia to her, which really annoys her. Lucy has spent most of her life being compared to others in the family, and having been sorted into Gryffindor she is still coming to terms with the shadow effect. Depending on how Gabriel feels about his mother teaching at Hogwarts they could bond over it. I think a friendship would be slow going, but it could be strong if they got to that point... thoughts?

I think you may be right at leat to begin with. the trick would be for them to both realise that the other is also aborigional. honestly i think it may be easyer for her to recognise him. but then i can see him sort of being a bit more patient with her, sort of an us vs them outlook. lowan isnt as mixed up as una as he associates far more with his dads aboriginal side than his mums. i am sure we would be able to find some common reference point for them. either a set of slang, a story, or something. or if you would rather wait until Maka gets sorted next year i think they may have more in common.

It could be interesting for Maya to meet both. She hasnt met many aboriginals outside of her own community.

Looks great! I will probably reply sometime in the next few days :)

that will be good. do you want to leave it a little while so you are not too swamped by RP's and you can keep up to date with the ones that you have going.

or maybe at the halloween feast or something. we can figure something out when we are both ready and have time.

wouldnt be the first time we've done that.

Teigs: I started the topic for Sarah and Maya that we talked about today, just so you have no excuses to get out of it :p Sorry that it's not very good. You know I'm not the best at starting :r

Here

Haha, its fine, I'll reply soon. Its on the list!

Topic Closed and Archived
This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back