Come and Visit the Ancient Runes booth!

Estrella cocked her head to the side for a moment, but she decided not to ask who this boy was. Wasn't Sophia still with Daniel? It was quite obvious that the boy liked her, considering the display the two had put on in the Three Broomsticks. Figuring she had better get on with the reading, Estrella shook up the bag one more time and proceeded to take out three runes. All made a little clink as she set them onto the table. After this she set her coin purse to the side and observed what she had cast.

Ansuz, Wunjo, and Gebo. Well, these were definitely interesting, considering that this was a relationship question. Estrella's brow furrowed as she thought about the outcome. "Well, it looks like he likes you," she started, if a bit uncertainly, "And you have the potential to be in a good, romantic relationship." She smiled weakly back at Sophia. "It also says that you should listen to your inner voice." She wasn't sure how that would relate to Sophia's relationship with the guy, but then again she wasn't an expert at rune casting either.

Andromeda smiled at the three girls she knew, greeting them in turn and smiling politely at the fourth girl so as not to appear rude.
"Nope not taking it at all, I'm hoping to be a healer after Hogwarts do my training at St.Mungos and apparently Ancient runes is not necessary for that line of work. Who knew?" she grinned fascinated by the wierd stones that Estrella seemed to be holding.

Grinning as Patricia told her how Cyndi was trying to bribe her into taking the class, Andy nudged her playfully.
"She's good with the art of persausion so do be careful there. Are you getting yours read Patricia?" she couldn't help but listen into the other girls reading, it sounded so damn interesting but was it real was the more pertinent question. Could a person truly tell a persons fortune from them?

" I didn't know you wanted to be a healer" Cyndi said to Andy, "You'll be following in your uncle's footsteps" she added with a small nod. "We just finished" Cyndi added as Andy asked whether or not Patricia was getting a reading. " Would you like one?" she asked Andy who looked very interested in the subject even though she herself wasn't taking it.

Patricia listened to Andy talk, "Wow, a healer. Very cool. You're lucky, I haven't a clue what I want to do yet." She sad with a sigh. "What about you Cyndi? You'll be finishing soon, any plans?" She asked the sixth year. Patricia couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have the end of Hogwarts so close.

Laughing at Andy Patricia, "I can tell. I'm seriously considering Ancient Runes now." she said truthfully, although, it was already one she had considered, this just sealed the deal. When Cyndi said they just finished Patricia added "Yeah, it's really good." She said enthusiastically.

Sophia could not help but smile at the news that Michael really did like her. She had thought he did, but it was nice to hear it, even if it was from some runes.

"Well it is good to know he likes me, but what does listen to my inner voice mean?" The Slytherin wondered if it was possibly a warning about the fact that she was questioning Michael's interest in her. After all, they had only met the one time. But she had felt such a connection to him, and he was writing her after all.

Tichondrius entered the Great Hall, and seeing a small crowd gathered at one side, he ambled over to see what was going on. He watched as a senior drew three runes out of a bag and read the runes, in response to a question from a girl he recognized as Patricia Rogers. He studied the runes, and felt a flash of anxiety which he quickly suppressed. "Those runes," he said, speaking up for the first time, "They're Elder Futhark runes, aren't they?"

"I didn't always want to be a healer, I just had to revise my choice since first year. It wasn't until this year that I finally settled on something other than a professional quidditch player" she laughed at that, "another of my uncles previous occupations too. Seems like I am destined to follow one particular Gryffindors footsteps after all and here I was thinking I'd be emulating myself on Hermione Weasley" she turned to Cyndi after Patricia asked her what she would like to be after, curious herself about her room-mate who she was slowly realising she knew very little about.
"You'll have plenty of time to figure it out Patricia, Cyndi do you have something lined up for after?"

Andromeda at this point couldn't help but listen in to the other girls reading, she seemed to be happy with it so far. Andy picked up one of the runes that were on Cyndi's table as a first year boy came to join them, asking after a few moments if they were a certain type of runes. Andy hadn't a clue one way or the other but was impressed if this boy had it right. She turned to look at Cyndi or Estrella wondering who would correct or concur what the boy had just said.

"I've been thinking about it a lot" Cyndi said with a small grimace. Last year, it had been all that was on her mind. "I think I'd like to be an Obliviator" she revealed to the two girls in front of her. Other than Estrella, Cyndi wasn't sure she had told anyone else what she wanted to do with her life after school. She couldn't believe that she was already of age and in one years time, she would be getting ready to leave Hogwarts. The thought left her feeling anxious, excited, sad and a bunch of other emotions she couldn't identify.

She nodded briefly at the boy as he correctly identified the runes, "I gather you've had experience with them before" she said to him.

Tichondrius shrugged, and nodded. "Yeah, I have. My father made me learn how to read the runes, as he's of the opinion that since Elder Futhark runes are, relatively speaking, one of the more obscure sets in the Muggle world, meaning few people will be able to read them, and he encrypts the classified documents of our company using the runes as a base."

"Obliviator? So you'll go round wipping memories, eh?" He idly scratched at the healed scar over eye, then changed the subject. "So what other types of runes do you learn in Ancient Runes?"

Estrella suddenly remembered that during the three rune draw, each rune was supposed to represent the past, present or future. She wanted to smack herself upside the head, but there was no reason to dampen Sophia's mood. The reading worked as it was when she really thought about it. It seemed to prove true, in any case, from Sophia's reaction.

Shifting in her seat, she glanced to the crowd of people that had appeared at the table. A first year seemed to be interrogating Cyndi about something or other. Estrella turned back to Sophia. "Well, I suppose that just means to trust yourself. Go with what your heart tells you in all aspects- especially when it comes to this guy. You'll know what to do when the time comes." She tried to grin, hoping to offset what she thought was a cliche and corny answer to her cousin's question. Picking up the three runes that she had set on the table, she dropped them into her coin purse and shook it up once more.

"Trust myself..." Sophia considered the words for a moment before smirking at her cousin. "Well, I like him and I believe he really does like me. So when the time comes I think I shall ask Michael to be my boyfriend." The noirette's smirk shifted to somewhat of a smile as she lulled over those words, rather liking them. She wondered what Estrella would make of them, since she had never mentioned a guy named Michael before.

Cyndi gave the kid who seemed to know more about runes than any first year she knew a small smile. "Those are the only runes we learn about...we spent a lot of time on the aetts learning what each one meant and what was contained in each. You should probably take the class when you're of age. You already seem to know a lot about the subject."

Cyndi shrugged as the boy mentioned that she would go around wiping memories, "Yeah...I guess" she answered, not sure what she should make of his comments.

With an eyebrow raised, Estrella asked, "Who's Michael?" Her tone was playful and reeked of curiosity. Had Sophia cast Daniel aside so easily? Last she had seen of the two, they didn't even look like they could be peeled apart. Her attention diverted to the first year who was assaulting Cyndi with questions, not entirely sure what to make of his comments.

"Ah. I'm sorry," Tichondrius said, realising the weird way he had phrased his response. "I didn't mean anything. As far as I know, Obliviators just erase memories to keep the magical world a secret." He paused, flicking a stray strand of hair out of his face. "Not wrong am I? And I was already thinking about taking Ancient Runes."

Andy had stood back to listen to the boy talk with Cyndi and Estrella give her reading. It was all so fantastical but was any of it really true. As neither girl seemed to be doing an actual reading at that point, Andy wondered if she should have a go. What were they going to say about her past, that she was once happy? her present, that she was a wolf? and her future that she was destined to be alone? Didn't she know all of this already, why would she need stones to tell her? Andy took a deep breath, what if there was something in it though and they told her something different, gave her hope where none existed. Hope was an awful precious commodity that she had very little of.
"Alright, who wants to do my reading then?" her voice was nervous to the point it almost trembled.

Cyndi nodded as the boy apologized, "Its ok...I suppose you're right." She wondered if anyone else was going to ask for a reading, and finally Andy did. Cyndi looked at Estrella to see if she was done with Sophia or not. "If you don't mind Estrella, I'll help Andy out " she said to the girl on the other side of the table. She noticed that Andy appeared slightly nervous and wondered what Andy was planning on asking.

Clover walked into the Great Hall, her nose in a book. Electives were looming, and she had no idea what to pick. She nearly walked into the booth, and looked up at all the people. Clover was in Gryffindor, but she had never been particularly brave. She looked at the booth, curious. "What's this for?" she asked in nearly a whisper.

"Ancient Runes," Tichondrius told the newcomer. He waved his hand carelessly at the crowd. "Some of them are here to tell you 'bout Ancient Runes, and read you, if you want." He paused. "By 'read you', I'm not exactly what they mean either; I suppose you ask them a question, and the runes reply." He drew himself up theatrically, and intoned, "'The runes say our paths must cross', or something like that."

Andromeda looked over at Cyndi and smiled.
"Ok what do I have to do?" she sure hoped nothing bad came out or nothing about her other self. That would be just too embarressing but as Cyndi knew about her, then Andromeda also knew that nothing would be mentioned until later if anything about being a werewolf did come up.
She looked at the runes and then to Cyndi again, why was she so nervous it wasn't like runes bit you.

Cyndi briefly glanced at the new girl who had joined the table and smiled at her before turning her attention back to Andromeda. "Just take a seat and ask a question. The more specific, the better and then we'll see what the runes have to say about it" Cyndi stated trying to ease Andy's nerves.

She figured Andy was nervous because something werewolf related might come up, but Cyndi would never say that information aloud if it did come up. She knew she would tell Andy that information in private. Cyndi waited patiently for Andy to ask her question. She didn't want to rush her and make her more nervous. Besides, this was fun and she had all day anyway.

Andy took a deep breath and sat down. What type of question should she ask? Was it only supposed to be one question? She had hundreds but obviously couldn't ask them all.
"erhm... Will this summer be different to others I've had recently?" the last few summers were spent at The Gables, they had all been great except for last summer when she had spent the entire summer recuperating from what had happened at Durmstrang. She never wanted another summer like that, so needed to know that she would have at least one good one. She knew she was going with the girls to Canada and they were most likely going to come to Ireland as soon as she cleared it with her uncle first. But she wanted more out of her summer, she just hadn't a clue what that was yet.

Cyndi listened to the question and figured that the reading should be fairly uncomplicated considering Andy was asking a very general question. To be on the safe side, she decided to do a one rune draw, since it didn't look at the past, which Andy might not be keen about being spoken about aloud. She smiled at Andy because she knew one thing they would be doing this summer, and finally she picked up the bag. Giving it a quick shake, Cyndi reached in and pulled out a rune, closing her hand over it as she brought it out. She placed it on the table without taking a peek, and after a moment, she withdrew her hand on the table to see the rune.

As Cyndi noticed which rune it was, she smiled slightly. It certainly would answer Andy's question and there didn't seem to be anything too personal in it. "This" Cyndi said as she left a finger on it, "is Raido. This rune discusses travel plans. It seems like over the summer you will be visiting a lot of places, which we already know is gonna happen. Raido also can be used to show that something is going to change in your life. You will begin to travel a new path that wasn't open to you before." Cyndi thought for a moment and added, "So to answer your question...Yes, I think this summer is going to be different for you and you make come back a different person because of it." She waited to see what Andy's reaction would be to the reading.

Andy smiled, well she knew for certain she was travelling to Ireland and to Canada and then back here again to Brightstone so yeah, she was definitely travelling this summer but the other part about her coming back a different person. What did that mean exactly? She wondered had her uncle discovered something after all and the different person she would be returning as was simply her old self. She shook it off, knowing that something like that was virtually impossible.

"Yeah, you see maybe I was too general I mean you knew I was leaving and doing some travelling so of course you're going to go down that route. Try another one? I'm still skeptical about this stuff".

Cyndi nodded, "Maybe you're right because I did know you would be traveling. Ok, be more specific if you can." She hoped that Andy asked something that Cyndi couldn't possibly know the answer to. She wanted to show Andy that there was something to this.

Andromeda knew that some of the girls were aware of her dating Carlisle now but Andy knew in her heart of hearts that these things never lasted. Herself and Blane had been prove of that as well as all the other failed relationships around the school. They were very young still so she knew they would enjoy what they meant to one another now. What Andy wanted to know was would her heart ever really be happy? would that certain someone ever materialise?
Would she be damned to a life of loneliness as she had been damned to a soulless one. She tried to think of a way to phrase her question. And then thought better of it that was just way too personal, istead she tought of the first thing that was fairly trivial to her.

"Will I actually be going to the Yule Ball next year with someone?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back