Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Cyndi arrived at the door of the Great Hall fairly early in the morning. She began to set up a table by the door, so that anyone coming or going from the Hall or the steps would see it. When Cyndi was done, she sat down at the table, waiting for Estrella to meet up with her. She was going to be bringing a poster for the pair of them to display as they attempted to help Professor Heimdall get some more students interested in the subject of Ancient Runes.

Cyndi had her rune bag with her and as she waited, she passed the time shaking the bag and pulling out runes, one at a time. She hoped that a lot of students would come by and listen to them speak about Ancient Runes. Over the years, it had turned out to be one of Cyndi's favorite classes, and she would do anything to be sure it continued at HNZ.

Estrella was quite excited to be doing readings in the Great Hall with Cyndi. She and the girl had come to be good friends over the years, and having her as her only classmate more often than not had led to what she thought was some great bonding. The Ravenclaw had no idea whether their booth was going to be a flop or a success, so she supposed that they would just see how things played out.

She grinned broadly as she approached the table, taking a seat next to the sixth year Gryffindor. "Hey Cyndi!" she greeted, her dark eyes dancing with warmth. "Are we ready to rumble?" She glanced about the table, and commented, "You've done a pretty sweet job! Although I'm sorry for not helping you with it at all." Estrella gave Cyndi an apologetic smile. Her hair had rejected all cooperation in the morning, and it had taken her all she could not to show up at the booth looking like a hag. Scaring away the student body was the last thing she wanted to do.

Sophia had risen quite early to get in some extra studying. Playing catch up was certainly not easy, especially when one was distracted by boys. But the Slytherin could not help herself. She had spent half the term doting over Daniel, and now she was enamored with Michael. It seemed her boy drama would never end, and Sophia would not have it any other way.

Dressed in her uniform the noirette headed to breakfast. She was a bit surprised on her way in to see Estrella sitting with Cyndy Weasley at a table. Not bothering to look for a sign or something that advertised what they were doing there the Slytherin marched up to her cousin, staring down at her from across the table.

"Morning Estrella, Cyndi," she began, giving each girl a nod before turning her blank gaze back on Estrella. "What is the table for this morning?"

Cyndi was happy when Estrella finally joined her at the table. She had really grown close to her over the past few years, and they had grown especially friendly in Ancient Runes class since they were the only two there. They hadn't really had much time to hang out together outside of class, so Cyndi was happy to spend time with her friend.. She smiled as Estrella said that she liked the table. "Thanks...don't worry about it. It wasn't any trouble" Cyndi said easily as she apologized for not helping.

Just as she was ready to ask Estrella what they should do next, Sophia walked over to their table. Cyndi didn't really know her well although they had begun school together six years ago. They had hung out with different groups back then, and by the time their year grew small enough that the girls began to stick together, Sophia was gone. Cyndi never knew exactly where she went, but this semester she had come back.

As she greeted the pair of them, Cyndi gave Sophia a small smile, but she chose to stay quiet since she was not the one addressed.

Estrella could not help grinning back at Cyndi. The Ravenclaw was glad that the Gryffindor was rather easygoing and didn't seem to get too riled up about small matters. "Well, I promise I'll bust my butt on these readings!" she laughed. She placed a wayward strand of hair behind her ear, and stifled a yawn. Sleep was something that she needed to take advantage of these days.

She looked up as the first person of the day approached the table. However, it was not an inquisitive underclassmen but their fellow sixth year, Sophia. A light smile spread across her features, despite the fact that Sophia's expression seemed incredibly blank. Although she would never say it, Estrella was starting to miss the alien Sophia that she had run into at the beginning of the year.

Glancing at Cyndi, she replied, "We're advertising for the Ancient Runes elective-trying to get people interested in it. Plus," her grin widened, "We're going to be using our runes to do readings." She wondered whether Sophia would dismiss the idea of having runes read for her. It really wouldn't hurt the little table to get a head start.

Sophia pursed her lips in consideration as she listened to Estrella. Once the Ravenclaw was done with her explanation Sophia gave a nod.

"I always liked Ancient Runes, but it was so much work. It was such a shame to drop it. But, such is life. Can you do a reading for me is that reserved for prospective students?" The noirette smirked at her cousin, a bit of life entering her face. She had become a bit more reserved since the double date, but Sophia certainly had not lost all of her newfound bubbliness.

Estrella's grin broadened as she glanced back at her cousin. "Everyone is welcome to have a reading," she said, "Might help to get those prospective students over here. I would if I were still a nosy second year!" She accio'ed two chairs to the opposite side of the table, so that Sophia and another student may sit down. Cyndi may like to do a reading too. Looking to the Gryffindor, she asked, "Sure you can hold down the fort?" Estrella was positive that the other girl would be fine on her own- but it was always good to be polite.

Cyndi listened to Sophia and Estrella converse. She smiled and nodded as Estrella got ready to do a reading for Sophia, "I think so..."Cyndi said with a smirk, "unless I get bombarded by some second or third years." She decided to go to the other end of the table to give Sophia a little privacy as she got her reading. She didn't know if Sophia was going to ask Estrella to do a reading on a personal question or not. "Have fun" she said to the two before she went and sat at a chair on the opposite end.

Patricia was sitting at the Hufflepuff table in the Great Hall, pouring over her revision notes, not too much of a surprise at this time of year. Closing her Transfiguration book shut she put her head into her hands and let out a light grown, she needed a distraction and fast.

Looking up she scanned the hall out of boredom. At the other end she saw a booth - like table set up with three older girls surrounding it. One of them was the head girl but she didn't know the other two.

Thinking this was a goo enough distraction she went over and heard the cliff end of what one of the girls was saying, unless I get bombarded by some second or third years. Confused, but intrigued, she went over and asked, "Who's looking for a second year?" with a smile, glad of the distraction.

Cyndi smiled as another student came to the table. She looked like a second or third year, and her question let Cyndi know that she was in fact a second year. "I am. My name's Cyndi by the way...Would you like a rune reading? We're trying to spread the word about taking Ancient Runes as an elective" Cyndi told the girl.

Patricia smiled when the girl acknowledged her, "Hi Cyndi. My name's Patricia." She said with a smile. She listened to the girl say what they were doing, she had completely forgotten about choosing her electives soon. She had taken a look though some info about each one and Ancient Runes seemed interesting enough, "OK." She agreed, "What do I have to do?" She asked, unsure as she had never had one before.

Cyndi gestured towards the chair across the table from her. "Well Patricia, you have an easy job. All you have to do is ask a question and then I'll do the reading and hopefully, give you some kind of answer." Cyndi gave the girl an encouraging smile as she waited for her to sit and think of a question.

Patricia took the seat that Cyndi pointed out giving a low, "Thanks." Once she was sitting down she looked back up and listened to Cyndi explain what she had to do. "OK." She started off a bit sheepishly, "Any kind of question or does it have to be a specific type?" She asked, thinking she porbably sounded stupid, but it was better to be safe rather than sorry.

"Whoops! I forget to mention that..."Cyndi said with the shake of her head. "The more specific your question is, the more specific the reading will be. If you can't think of anything though, it's ok to ask a general question" Cyndi answered.

Patricia nodded when Cydni explained the mre specific the better. She thought for a moment, she couldn't think of anything, "Sorry, I suck at been put on the spot." She admitted with a nervous laugh. After a few more minutes of thinking she said, "Umm will next year be as good as this year?" She asked with a shrug, "Sorry if that's a bad question." She added.

“Oh don’t worry about it” Cyndi said with a smile. She also didn’t like to be put on the spot, so she knew exactly how Patricia must feel. “That’s a good question.” Cyndi picked up her rune bag and shook it. After, she reached in and carefully pulled out three runes, making sure to place them so that both she and Patricia could read and look at them.

“The first rune here is Uruz and it represents your past. This suggests that you were going through a new experience before, which makes sense because you only recently started school. It also means that you were taking action as everything was changing for you.” Cyndi said as she placed her hand on the rune. It was actually a pretty good first rune to get.

Cyndi pointed to the second rune-Nauthiz. “This rune represents what’s going on in your life right now. Nauthiz indicates that you need to be patient and wait out your delays. This means that you are going to have to work hard and be patient in order to get what you want. Does that sound right to you?”Cyndi asked as she looked at Patricia.

Pointing at the third rune, Cyndi stated “That one is Algiz and it is representing your future. Algiz lets us know that it is a good time to follow your instincts. It is also a time when some new influence is going to enter your life.”

Cyndi thought about all of the runes as a whole and smiled at Patricia. “Overall, it sounds like next year is going to be pretty good for you. Over the past few years, you’ve had a lot of changes in your life with starting here at HNZ. Now, you seem to be waiting for something and it seems that in order to get it you’re going to have to work for. But, it seems that next year will be good for you.” Cyndi waited to hear what Patricia would say about her reading.

Patricia smiled when Cyndi approved of her question, sitting forward on her chair she watched as Cyndi picked up a small bag and started to shake it. She watched anxiously she pulled out three stones from the bag and looked at them on the table. They all had pretty symbols on them but didn't have a clue what they meant.

She listened as Cyndi explained what the first one meant. She rolled her eyes, that made perfect sense. Not only had she started Hogwarts, but before she got her letter she didn't know anything about magic, so a new experience was one way to put it.

Then she looked at the second stone. Patricia listened, she was surprised how accurate these things were. When Cyndi asked her if they made sense to her she shrugged and said, "Hole in one." with a light laugh, she wanted to know so many things at that moment, if she was going to pass her exams, if next year would be good, if Jude would get accepted, where Jude was even, she hadn't talked to him since he birthday, and that was months ago.

Shaking the thought out of her head she turned her attention to the third rune. Listening she tried to think what it could mean. New influences? she thought, she wasn't sure what new influences were coming into her life. My electives? she thought, it's the only thing she could think off.

Patricia listened to Cyndi sum everything up. Smiling she said, "Wow." Shortly. "That was great. Can't wait to see what next year has in store for me now." She added with a small laugh.

Cyndi giggled at Patricia's short and sweet reaction to the reading. "So have you thought any about what electives you plan on taking" Cyndi began, "...cuz you know Ancient Runes will be available and then you can learn to do your own readings." Cyndi was glad that Patricia had enjoyed the reading and used the opportunity to promote the class, which is the reason why she and Estrella were here.

Patricia laughed when Cyndi asked her about her electives. "Are you kidding? It's all I can think about. It driving me mad. All I'm definitely sure about is, yes to Muggle Studies and no to Divination." She said with a shrug.

"Oh so I see what you're doing. Bribe us with these readings to take the class." She said pretending to be angry. "Nah Ancient Runes seems really interesting. What all do you do in it?" She asked, interested.

Andromeda walked into the great hall and saw some familiar faces at what looked for all intents and purposes a booth. Letting her inquisitive nature get the better of her, she walked over to where her room mate Cyndi and the Ravenclaw Head Girl were sitting.
"Hiya" she smiled not really wanting to interupt the conversations that were going on with two others. Andy recognised one girl as Patricia whom she had shared a few clubs with previously but though the oher girl looked vaguely familiar, Andy simply couldn't place her.

"What's going on here then?"

[ :-0 Daaaaang I missed a lot.]

Sophia smirked and took a seat across the table from Estrella. "So how does this work?" When the Slytherin had taken Ancient Runes they had learned things like mythology and what runes were made of. She never got to learn the interesting stuff like how to do readings. Sophia was curious to see how it worked and what it could do. Perhaps Estrella could tutor her in the subject, if she found some extra time.

Cyndi listened to Patricia as she said she was interested in Muggles Studies and then joked about Cyndi and Estrella bribing the students. "Hey, whatever works" Cyndi said with a laugh and a shrug.

She began explaining what the class was about to Patricia"Professor Heimdall is so awesome, I think more people should be into her class. We basically learn the whole process of reading runes and we even got to make the runes ourselves. The runes you just saw, I cut, shaped and drew all by myself." As she continued to explain, Cyndi saw Andy walk toward the table, "Hiya Andy...we're talking about Ancient Runes. Do you take that class?"

Estrella smiled back at Sophia as she shook around her coin purse. I really need to get a proper bag for these, she thought to herself. "Well, you can ask me a question- any question you want, and I'll draw three runes and figure out the answer through deciphering said runes." Her grin spread from ear to ear, and she hinted, "Less complex questions are better though. Your answer will be a lot more clear. Shall we begin?"

Dipping her hand into the coin purse, Estrella swished around the runes once more, and waited for her cousin's inquiry. This should prove to be interesting.

Patricia listened to Cyndi explain the Ancient Runes class, it really did sound interesting. When Cyndi told the young girl that she made the runes herself she looked shocked, "Wow really? They are really good." She said looking at them intently. "Too bad I haven't got an artistic bone in my body." She said with a laugh.

Then she saw Andromeda, a girl she saw from around a few clubs and a baseball game on the pitch. When she asked what they were doing, after Cyndi answered she said, "If you don't take it, I'd be careful. This one here is bribing me into taking the class." She said pointing at Cyndi, laughing.

Sophia nodded as she listened to Estrella's explanation. It sounded simple enough. But now the Slytherin had to figure out what to ask. She had not yet told her cousin about Michael, who was the first subject to pop into her mind.

"All right. Does the boy who writes me letter really like me?" Sophia smirked at Estrella, wondering what the Ravenclaw would make of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back