OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual (Domhnall)
Set in Christmas 2049. Post after Thackery.

Maya flicks through the pages of a book, scanning through ivory pages within the text. She would trace an index finger searching and reading, looking for the exact charm to getting started on this Christmas’s feast. “Yadda, yadda, yadda. If it weren’t for that Saint, Helga Hufflpeuff...I swear,” she grumbled in a small rant. “Ah, here we go! Roast goose,” the auror produces her wand from her back pocket, getting to motioning of swishing and flicking to prep the said goose. Maya comes to learn multi-tasking was easier for her as an auror than an unofficial cook. Her lovely cousin, Elvera was a star in the kitchen, while Maya burnt the goose twice already. Elvera can make slice bread look like fine-dine eating, in contrasts to Maya who can’t measure ¾ of a cup without overspilling oil. To be fair, some things she tried by hands and eventually gave in to the magic. In remembrance to the man who had a part in bringing her and Lucca to this world, she had experimented with the muggle way. The third time magic won and made everything come well together as Elvera and the girls would arrive at any moment. Maya invited Domhnall if he was feeling festive, she left him with the address to find the shop in Salem. The Book of Shadow was still very much home after all these years. Carter, Maya was hesitant to invite him. She sent word to him either way if he didn’t come so be it. This was the first time in a long time she was hosting Christmas here and in the current shape he was in these days, there no telling how he will behave. “Thackery, have you finished setting up the table, no sign of Lucca yet? Elvera and the girls?” Maya asked while she put the finishes touches of this holiday, festive, whatever they wanted to call it meal.
“Sh!t, am I forgetting something?”

Thackery sat on a stool flipping through a book he really wasn’t that interested in reading. “It’s been set an hour ago, and no, no sign of Lucca or your cousin,” Thackery vocalize slowly. He talks with a southern drawl that it sounds like he was from the south. Which was odd because he a Salem native-born and raised. Thackery facing the window this entire time so he could perfectly see who was approaching the small shop. It took only a mere second to look up and notify if guests were arriving. “Are you sure he coming, Maya? He says he’s always coming but never does,” Thackery reminds the oldest DeNiro. Thackery didn’t know what it was, but it’s like the guy never liked coming home to visit his sister or sick mother. It’s like he did everything he can to avoid coming home. There had to be a reason behind that, Thackery wanted to know why Lucca didn’t like coming home. “And your cousin, is she coming on the floo network? How long will it take her to get here?”

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it has been a busy week and when not busy i have been trying to catch up with classes/exams/marking

It was Christmas and Elvera was rather excited. Her cousin had offered to do christmas this year in Salem and she was looking forward to it. she had hardly been to America before and the girls had never been.
unfortunately that morning had been a little chaotic. aside from packing presents for the girls and clothes she had also had to organise the animals. Merlin was fine looking after himself, her raven was more than capable of finding food, and summer in new Zealand was like a buffet. her kneesle was also fine on his own, staying in the castle meant that the elves would make sure she he had food and water aplenty. but It was asteria and Teuta who had been problems. they did not want to go into their carry cages and had somehow managed to get themselves hidden under one of the beds where noone could reach them. eventually, they were organised and elvera set the floo powder into the fire sending first the girls, then the luggage then herself off to America.
As she stepped out of the fire she felt herself spin for a second from the stop. floo was not her favourite way to travel but for long distances especially with the girls, it was the easiest. once her world had stopped spinning she looked around the room. she saw the girls standing there looking a little bit grubby bur a big smile on each of their faces excited to be in America or excited to see their cousin or excited as there was, on the other side of the room a boy who was just a little bit older than them. she would never know. she flicked her wand three times clearing the dirt of their robes before stepping over at her cousin and giving her a hug. from the owls they had exchanged she knew it had been a tough few months for Maya and she wished she could have been there to help her through it. but with the school and the sho,p she did struggle a bit with time. "Happy Yule Maya, thank you so much for having us. I hope that you are well" she said giving her cousin a hug. she then turned to the boy. Merry Christmas, it's Zachary right she said hoping that she got the name right.

At first thought, Domhnall was rather excited to be invited to Maya's Christmas party, but then he reminded himself that he hadn't done that particular holiday in ages and that he would barely know any of the other guests she'd invited over. Still, he was pleasantly surprised to be invited to such a party, especially since he was starting to consider Maya as a friend ever since their initial hang out. It was because of this that he eventually decided to attend the party at least for a little while. Thinking that it would be rude to show up empty-handed, however, the man brought two bottles of alcoholic beverages with him. He had been to the United States a couple of times but never in Salem, so figured that he apparate into the town and ask where to find the address his colleague and friend had given him. Much to his surprise, because Domhnall honestly thought that it would take him a little while, he was at the shop before he knew it. Not sure if he was just supposed to enter or what, the Auror knocked on the door and waited patiently for someone to answer it.

Maya asked again, “Am I forgetting something?” She wasn’t. Maya set the meal on the table, using her wand once more to make her eventide run smoother. “If he doesn’t come so be it,” she responded to Thackery as she looked over her first Christmas spread. She miraculously prepared something decent, she couldn’t wait to have her cousin and the others over. It has been such a long time since it felt festive here again. It’s been missing for so long. “Lucca going to miss the grub and the chance to ask for some money. Oh well, more for you,” Maya pats the boy’s shoulder just as her nieces and cousin appeared traveling through the floo network. She practically screamed, running to greet the girls with hugs and kisses. “My beauties are here, oh I missed you girls so much,” Maya swaps to hug Elvera, happy to see her dear cousin again. “Happy Yule Elvera, and I’ve been well. Y’know me, tough as nails right,” Maya grins then moves on over to introduce Thackery to them. A local boy that attended Ilvermorny. “This here is Thackery, close enough Elvera and he works here when he not in school. Thackery attends Ilvermorny, and he spending Yule with us,” Maya shoves him a little to get him comfortable with her family. “Someone at the door,” Maya hears the knocks and greets her guest the old fashion way. “Domhnall, you came? Come in, come in,” Maya steps aside letting the man enter her old home. “Welcome to Salem, and here is everyone,” Maya gestured to her family and Thackery. “Everyone this Domhnall, he a colleague of mine from work.”

Thackery stands up, hustling to smooth out the creases on his pants and rolled down his sleeves. “Hi, pleasure meeting you ma'am,” Thackery holds out his hand to Elvera. Thackery has seen pictures of Maya’s cousin, he really couldn’t see the resemblance between Elvera and Maya. They looked so different from each other, and in-person he felt the same way. They were a little pudgy by the face, otherwise, he fails to see how they were related. Thackery kept his opinions to himself not wanting to offend anyone, he shifts his attention to Maya’s nieces. Thackery awkwardly waves to them while Maya went answering the front door. He thought it be Lucca showing up late, Thackery turns to see that it wasn’t Maya’s brother but a friend from work. “Hello sir, welcome to Salem. I’m Thackery,” he held out his hand to shake the man’s hand. Thackery always seems more comfortable around adults than kids his age. He doesn't know why that is, whatever it was may be the reason why Maya hired him.

Selene's holiday was looking up. after a not so great start at the yule ball, it had actually been rather fun. that morning she had been to the bookshop and got to meet and talk to one of her favourite authors. in her bag was her latest book addressed and signed to her. she could not wait to read it. though she would have to be careful not to damage it as it was special. she had then been in a rush to make sure that she had everything packed and ready to go which had resulted in a bit of a search for the cats but soon everything was in order and they were off through the fires moving from new Zealand to Salem to see her cousin. oh, how she loved magic.
She stepped out of the fireplace after her mother and looked around. mayas house was nice. quite similar to how she had expected it to be. she moved out of the way as Helia arrived behind her. a few seconds and a charm later and any soot that had landed on her clothes had been cleared and she went over to her cousin to give her a hug. Merry yule Auntie Maya" she said only then realising that there was someone else in the room as her mum greeted him and she was corrected by her aunt. she looked at him. he seemed nice. actually, he seemed like what she imagined a southern gentleman to be like. not that she had ever met one and only read a few books set in the south. she looked at Helia. she was usually the more outgoing sister most likely to start a conversation or even FLIRT with this boy but her sister was not paying attention she was letting the cats out. "Hello Thackery. nice to meet you" she said waving slightly awkwardly back at him.
Thankfully the awkwardness of the situation was reduced by another arrival another man this one one of maya's workmates. "Hello Domhnall, merry Yule" she said nodding a greeting at him too this time not waving as that was just too awkward.

Thackery had a better look at one of Maya’s nieces as the other one was busy letting cats out of their cages. That was something interesting to see as Maya rarely ever kept any animals around in the shop. For as long as he has been working in the Book of Shadow, Thackery yet to see a cat roam these parts. You’re the only cat I need Thackery, besides, I’m always working. Those little furry beats need constant attention. “Hi, you’re Selene, right? Welcome to Salem,” Thackery held out a nervous hand for the raven head to take. He felt his throat tighten up for no apparent reason, the teen tried to remain calm. He gets all clammed up with folks his age, a faint smile appeared on his face as he pushed back from staying quiet. “I’m not hungry right now, I'm all stuffed up on bread. Would you like a little tour? Maya says it’s alright as long as your mama okay with it. I don’t mind,” he offered. Salem a tourist town, especially in October. He assumed the girls would be interested in a tour before it gets too dark and colder outside. “Your sister can come too if she wants.”

He smiled when it was Maya who opened the door for him and walked past the woman into the building. ''Course I came, wouldn't want to miss celebrating Christmas with me favourite colleague now, would I?'' Domhnall replied with a grin while he handed her the two bottles of alcoholic beverages. He smiled again when she introduced him to the others. ''Hello all, thank yer for having me over,'' the man said and reached for Thackery's hand to shake it. ''Merry Yule, lad.'' He didn't expect children to be here for some reason but he guessed it wouldn't matter as long as they were all having fun. He waved back at the girl and then turned his attention to the inside of the building. ''Interesting place yer got here, Maya,'' Domhnall said. ''I reckon this is the place yer was talking about before?'' If he was correct, he thought he remembered her saying something about having worked at the shop before she rejoined the Aurors.

Selene was supprised when the boy walked over to her and start totalk. Yes That is me[/b] she said. Taking his hand to shake. she glanced at helli who was standing slightly out of his view and the blonde gave her a smile and a thumbs up. it was a little weird that when they were young she had always looked to helia for assurence before doing htings. even though she was the older one. but as soon as it was back to the two of them together she slipped back to old habits. She smiled as he offered to show her around the town. “That would be lovely. We studied Salem in history of magic and it was really interesting” she said. She had read a lot about it even in her own time. She had been looking forward to the holiday so that she could see the town. Would that be alright mum, heli do you want to come she asked just make sure you are back before dark came her mums reply she them looked at heli who while appeared distracted with her cat ske know was following intensely. no. You will probably be looking at boring old places. I will stay here in the warm where the food is came a typical heli reply. though she also guessed the presence of the aurora also attracted her to stay.

Maya smiles over at Domhnall, at least someone liked her at the Ministry. It’s sad to admit this after working there for many years, Maya only befriended one other auror before Domhnall. Leonzio was the man’s name. They were partners at the ministry but then she left and it was like starting all over again. Leonzio was gone when she returned. Many new faces replaced the old ones who either move onto another position or retired. “Thanks, Domhnall, you’re my favorite colleague if we’re being honest,” she mused taking the drinks and placing them on the table. Then there was Carter, he was like Alex Cullen all over again. Deja vu was strong with that one. “Yes it is, sit and make yourself at home,” Maya tells Domhnall and her cousins. Maya points to Thackery, “I told you not to eat bread, Thackery. Alright, I’ll save you both a plate. Be careful, or it’s your head, Thackery,” he nodded taking his coat outside with Selene in tow. Thackery is a good kid, he never given Maya any trouble. It's more like the local no-majs like to harass the boy into trouble. “Domhnall, this is my cousin Elvera, she a professor at Hogwarts,” Maya gesture to the other woman in the room. "And she runs The Inner Eye at Mākutu Mall."

Elvera watched the conversation between her daughter and Maya's assistant unfold. it was interesting firstly because it was Selene who was making conversation and not hellia but also because when offered to join them hellia had decided to stay Make sure you are warm. and make sure you are bakc before dark" she said to the backs of the escaping teenagers. she trusted Selene no to be too rash. but the boy was an unknown but if maya trusted him she could trust her.
she then looked at Maya and the other Auror. was there something between them. despite having two sisters and maya being her cousin in many ways Maya was closer than either Eden or Lilith. eden had been close but they had long since drifted apart. she had a feeling that some if it was intentional on Edens end not wanting to get them mixed in with whatever high stakes life she was leading. with Maya despite their physical distance they had always been close. as maya introduced her she nodded accknowlagement "I am sure things are not as impressive as Maya makes them sound" she said. truth be told for many years she had had to try and balance working when she could with raising the girls as money was tight. it was oney now with her main income being teaching that things were starting to get easier. She offered him her hand to shake. "lovely to meet you Domhnall she said offering her hand to shake she turned to her cousin. "Is there anyhting I can do to help you" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back