Chilling

"Wouldn't know," said Scorpius. "I've never been here before..."

"Have you seen it Paul?" he asked the boy.

"N--" Zoe began, and she began to feel herself turning back to Zoe.
"I got to go--" She said, and she heard her voice go from very low to it's normal state and hoped nobody noticed.

Zoe hid behind a tree until she was sure her transformation was over, and walked back to them all.

"Hey I'm Zoe. I think I've met you before." She said to them all.

Caysi rolled her eyes and said " Of course you have met me before!". she said playfully.

Lindsay laughed and smiled at Scorpious. She was glad he had sat down. "I do believe it both my parents told me so...." she was startled as Paul jumped up and left. A new girl replaced him. "No I dont believe we have...Im Lindsay." She said with a grin.

"Hello Lindsay! I'm Zoe-Hope Weasley, well you can call me Zoe. She said as she walked towards the lake.

"Yes..there is a Squid in the lake." She said, and just as she said that she realised that Zoe wasn't there when they were talking about the squid, Paul was.

Caysi smiled and said " Yup, there probably is one ready to attack some crazy person some day..". she said half laughing.

Caysi frowned and sat back down and looked at the tree swiftly moving in the wind and the waves from the water splashing against the rock. She always felt alone in this world that no one was there for her...but she snapped out of it. "I don't have a date for the ball do you guys?".

Caysi frowned and said " I don't have one either". Caysi didnt know even if she was going to get a date.

"A squid.." Scorpius said softly, staring off into the lake. He hadn't even noticed Paul leave. Instead he saw Zoe take his place where he stood before.
"Oh hello Zoe," he said cheerfully and waved.
After a while the subject of the Yule Ball came up again. Oh no, he thought. It's everywhere! Why does this have to make me feel so nervous!
"What exactly is this Yule Ball?" Scorpius wondered out loud.

Caysi smiled and looked at Scorpius and said " Well it's like a dance and you get a date...and well you dance and have fun..". she said she could almost fell as though she was dancing.

"That sounds nice," he said. "My mother told me I should go. She said she loved them as a child, though she never really explained what they were." Scorpius thought for a moment. "Wait, can't people go as friends?" he asked.

Caysi looked at Scorpius and said " It is considered formal...I don't know usually the guys ask the girls and they dance....personally I agree with you but..it's not up to me..". she said looking at the lake.

"Yeah I understand," he said. Not knowing what to say, he tore pieces of grass and threw them absentmindly into the lake. "I don't think I'm gonna go," he said finally, after thinking a long while.

Lindsay smiled warmly at him. "Oh come on why not? It will be fun! I wanna go but like you guys I dont have a date either..." she said.

Zoe nodded, " I just think Im going to go just for the fun of wearing a fancy dress!" She teased.

Caysi looked at the water and then looked at the groud and said " Why don't you want to go Scorpius?".

Scorpius thought carefully. "Well, it seems to be more 'date' geared. Then I was thinking of going with friends but I don't really have friends here yet so I wouldn't be able to do that," he said.

Scorpius smiled and laughed slightly. "Thanks Caysi," he said.
He laid back and leaned against a large boulder with his arms behind his head. "So when is this Yule Ball?" And have I already asked this question before?"

Caysi smiled and said " The yule ball is later in October....im not sure when though." she said piciking some gras and blowing it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back