Celebration!

Aiden smiled as he said, "Well this one is going to come to Italy with me for a bit then I might come back to New Zealand to spend time with my family," Aiden gave Alyssa a side ways glance as he said 'family' so she would know that he would be meeting his dreaded sister, again. Aiden turned to Bella and said, "'parently Jocelin met Wendy, bit funny isn't it?" Aiden chuckled lightly as he remembered the look of fear she had in her eyes when she met him. Aiden then saw the librarian come towards them and said, "Hello Ma'am."

Patricia had heard about an end of term/end of exams party that was meant to be happening tonight. So putting on her nicest muggle outfit Patricia made her way down to the lawn. She couldn't help but smile as she entered the castle grounds. There was a warm breeze in the air and the sky was bright with twinkling stars and a big, bright, full moon.

As she got closer to the lawn she saw a collection of a few people who seemed to be getting things set up, she realised that she must be early, she knew it was a night, but didn't know the time. She continued anyway.

As she reached where everyone was she saw Bella, Aly and Aiden, three people who she had ups and downs with this year, but was glad to now call them friends. As she thought about the epic fight as it had been deemed by people who knew about Patricia thought about the rest of her year. It was hard to believe that she had finished her first year of Hogwarts and how this time last year she could only dream of been able to do magic and that witches and wizards were a thing of fairy tales and myth.

"Hey guys." She said happily to the few people as she finally reached them, "Everything looks great. You've really out done yourself." She said to Aly and Bella, who she knew had planned all of this themselves.

Aiden smiled at Patricia when she came and said, "Hey Pat, how are you doing?" Aiden would have been more bitter towards Pat if he hadn't been sent home with Spattergroit and thought he wouldn't return but things were sort of resolved between the two and then said, "Oh guys Steph might not make it, James went home and wont be coming back." Aiden bit his lip worriedly as he thought of Steph, the girl he thought of like a little sister that he had to protect from pain and he hadn't seen that James was bad news.

Jaken walked out onto the lawn, and immediately spotted Isabella's party. He sighed, "I cannot believe that the Professors let her have one. But whatever." Jaken glanced at his watch, and saw that he wasn't as late as he wanted to be. However, he shrugged. He expected himself to be ready a bit later than it took.

Jaken was dressed in dark blue jeans, and a black, although tight, tee shirt. It revealed his natural built body. He was a little over six feet now, and loved that fact. His hair was neatly combed and tied back from his face. He actually liked what he saw in the mirror, something he hasn't thought since the Yule Ball, although he didn't bother with a tux this time.

His grey eyes scanned the area for Estrella. Jaken wanted her to be there with him, or else he would just leave. He spotted the familiar first year, and gave a small wave, to show her he had kept his word. Jaken looked over the decorations, and chuckled, "She and her friend actually did a pretty cool job." Seeing that Estrella wasn't at the party yet, he turned his back on the group, and stared at the castle entrance.

Estrella had not been entirely sure what to make of Jaken's suggestion to attend an after hours party hosted by first years, hardly being one to attend any sort of event. Sure, you could find her at something that the Sorority was hosting, or the occasional Yule ball, but for the most part she was usually scarce. She had never cared for huge crowds, and was still getting used to the idea of being with groups of friends.

The Ravenclaw girl found herself picking out a summery yellow outfit. While she was uncomfortable with the idea of this party she at least had the weight of OWLs off of her shoulders. Soon, she would be fretting and pacing about the grades she was doomed to receive over break but for a few days she could bask in the fact of the tests being over.

Slipping sandals on her pitifully pale feet she made her way down the long staircase from Ravenclaw tower and onto the Lawn. The party itself wasn't entirely difficult to pick out, and neither was Jaken, for that matter. Putting aside the fact that he was towering above everyone else, who could miss the shock of red in his hair?

Giving him an uncertain smile she strode up to him, not sure what to say to any of the first years. They were so- short. She couldn't imagine ever being that tiny. Feeling quite awkward, she gave a nod to the presiding professor and staff member, not entirely sure what the latter did.

"Well- I certainly didn't expect to be attending a party after OWLs," Estrella murmured with a grin, stopping before her boyfriend. She felt it would be weird to do too much of anything, considering they didn't exactly blend in with the crowd. She looked around, noting all the festivities. Cute, she thought to herself. The Ravenclaw girl suddenly realized that she had forgotten to pin on her prefect's badge. Running a hand through her hair, she asked, "How long do you expect to be here?"

Jaken smiled as he saw his girlfriend pick him out easily in the crowd. He noticed that it had to be easy, considering that he was the oldest student on the lawn. Jaken grinned at her, thinking she looked just as pretty as ever. Jaken hoped that somehow, they would enjoy themselves, considering the OWLs were over, and Jaken's dad was no where in sight as well.

Jaken laughed, "I know. I didn't expect to be attending a party at all, but I told the little first year that I would try. And, I had nothing else to do." Jaken would hate lying. "The OWLs are over, so I guess we should just enjoy ourselves." He smiled at her.

He wasn't entirely sure of the question she had asked. Jaken shrugged, trying to answer it the best of his abilities, "Well, do you have something else in mind to do besides hang around here?" Jaken didn't care. He glanced at her attire, and noticed something missing. He cocked his eyebrow, "No prefect badge?" He wondered whether she forgot it, or left it behind on purpose. Jaken sighed, knowing that the night was young, and there might be a large crowd soon. However, all the students, except one, was a first year, and wondered if she felt uncomfortable.

Estrella smirked at Jaken's usage of the term little first year. The first years seemed little, indeed. She decided not to comment on that however; she hadn't come to the party to offend anyone, although she could make more than a few cracks. "Well, it's good that you can keep your word," she teased, "And Merlin, I am SO glad those are over. The Transfiguration one made my head spin- and I'm pretty sure I bombed Astronomy." Knowing that that didn't sound befit of a Ravenclaw, she wondered what they were going to do to kill time here. She didn't really know any of these kids by name. She liked being one of the oldest students in the school, but on the other hand the year gap didn't allow for much familiarity with the younger students.

The Ravenclaw girl shook her head. "I don't have anything else to do besides read books. And I do that all the time." Sticking her tongue out at him, she was trying to set aside the fact that she felt rather out of place. "Well-" she thought about it for a moment, "If someone's outta line I'll holler at them anyway." She didn't expect much to happen with Professors around. Winking at her boyfriend, Estrella added, "And by the way, you look rather... charming today." She decided not to comment on his shirt, although that didn't mean at all that she hadn't been appreciating it.

Jaken chuckled. Jaken bent down and whispered into her ear, "If I didn't know better, I would think she actually liked me. But I didn't realize it until after we stopped talking." Jaken smirked. "I am glad that she is here with her boyfriend too." He didn't let his voice get more vocal than a whisper. Jaken stood back up and laughed, "First years." That had to explain everything.

Jaken rolled his eyes at the thought of the OWLs, "I hated the History of Magic, although, I think I passed them all. And Astronomy isn't that bad. Neither is Transfiguration." He nudged her playfully. "Herbology was the easiest for me, surprisingly. As well as Charms." Jaken turned his glance over the first years around.

He laughed, "You do read all the time. I never see you out in the castle. And I see that you won't let your prefect side go, even for a little party." He smirked at her, showing that he was teasing her. He saw her wink, and heard the compliment. He chuckled, "There aren't any hidden messages in there." He moved his arms around in his shirt. "Good thing this shirt is loose enough for me to move around in, or else I would have to take it off." Jaken laughed, "Just kidding, of course." He would never do that anyhow. "You look stunning, as usual." Jaken twirled her hair before setting his arm back to his side.

Alex just stood there not really knowing what to do. He wasn't one for parties in the first hand and most people were first years though ALex noticed two 6th years had come. He smiled, just watching everyone else, which he was enjoying.

"Hello there Alex" Tom said, his hands in his trouser pockets. "I was pleased with your exam results" Tom said. "Yes, yes I in fact have been pleased with you all to be honest. You're a hard working bunch your year, lets hope they continue the standard next year, but you or Miss Patrokov won't be joining us next year will you?" Tom said rhetorically. "Have you enjoyed your time here?" Tom asked.

Alyssa was shocked and happy to see that a lot of people had turned up. Even some older students that Alyssa had never met before had shown up. However both Theodore and Henri were still missing.

Alyssa turned her gaze to Isabella and Aiden before she turned again. Alyssa wanted to ask them if either of them knew where they might be.
Suddenly another thought came to Alyssa's mind.

"BELLA! Do you want to try and light the fireworks now?"

Tom who happened to overhear this question, went over, to talk to her. "And who would be lighting these fireworks?" Tom asked her.

Onyx nodded with a slight smile to the young boy that said hello. The only one that had apparently even noticed her, really. Like that was any different than any other time. She sighed and drifted around, keeping her ears open and her eyes peeled for anyone in need of help. She heard some of the girls discussing fireworks and grew delighted. She positively loved fireworks.

She turned to see the Professor speaking with a young blonde girl and a brunette about it. So this was their chaperone? She closed the few steps between them and stood there, trying to think of somethign to say. Oh, she must look a fool, standing here like an idiot, her mouth slightly agape.

Then it came t her.

"So, you're having a fireworks display? That's very celebratory. I bet you girls are glad to be out of mydungeon of books, eh?" she said, thinking she'd done quite well though her social skills were a tad rusty.

Kailey had been sitting beside the open window of her dormitory reading a book by the light of the moon when she heard a bit of a commotion down on the lawn. She put the book down and noticed quite a few figures down on the lawn. If the past few days had taught her anything it was that if there was a huge group of people on the lawn, something big had to be happening. So she quickly changed out of her pajamas into a loose square necked gray shirt and a pair of dark jeans and ran down to the lawn, her bag bouncing against her hip as she did so.

Alyssa turned to see an adult woman that she hadn't met before. The woman seemed pretty excited about the fireworks. Alyssa smiled at the woman.

"Yeah...kind of. I'm not really a fan of school. But I'm sure once I leave I'm going to miss hogwarts so much!" Alyssa knew that this summer was going to be a painfully long one. Especially with her new sister crying all the time.

When Kailey, an older ravenclaw student that Alyssa knew faintly came onto the lawn she waved.

"Hey Kailey. Did you come to join our end of the year party?" Alyssa asked.

"Hey Alyssa, I came down here to see what was going on but I'm not one to miss a party." she replied to the Slytherin girl she had had a few conversations with, They were aquantiences at best. Kailey saw that the party was mostly first years, with the exception of herself, The stricter librarian, Estrella, and her boyfriend.

Isabella had been talking with the older student Alex with Aiden by her side when she turned and realized Jaken had arrived. It wasn't hard to miss his entrance since he was so tall. She eagerly waved at him and thought happily, He kept his word. Isabella turned her attention back to Alex and smiled when Aiden told him of their plans to go to Italy. "What will you be doing Alex?" she asked.

Soon she saw others appearing, Jaken's girlfriend she recognized from Flourish and Blotts when they met briefly and saw a few others. She heard Alyssa yell and ask about the fireworks so she lightly kissed Aiden's cheek and said, "Excuse me," and went to mingle with her other guests.

She walked up to Jaken and Estrella and said, "Hi, glad you could make it," with a smile at both of them. "There's food lined up along those two tables and wizard crackers as your party favors," she explained, "So feel free to take some."
She smiled and went on her way to another student whom she'd only seen around the castle in a Ravenclaw uniform. "Hi, I'm Isabella," she introduced herself. "Go ahead and help yourself to some food and sit yourself down on a blanket, we might be starting the show soon." She smiled at her warmly, glad she had come.

She then turned and left to talk to Professor Fletcher and said, "Would you please do us the favor of starting the fireworks?" she pleaded with a puppy dog face. "Theo and Henri aren't back yet and I know we have plenty of fireworks to last the entire night so it wouldn't hurt to let off a few right?" she asked innocently.

"Glad you could make it Kailey. If there's anyone else you want to bring along go ahead!" Alyssa beamed for she turned her gaze to Isabella. She helped Bella plead for Professor Fletcher to start the firework's soon.

She was sure they were going to be the best part of the night.

[Aly do you think you could change your colour to something darker? It's hard to read :S ]

Aiden turned his head lightly when the Ravenclaw Prefect joined them, he didn't know her name nor did he care to know so he nodded his head politely in her direction and said, "Hello prefect." Aiden smiled at Bella and said, "Alright Bells." Aiden glanced quickly back when she spoke to the girl that worked under Lily at Flourish and Blotts and some Slytherin he had heard about breifly. He had heard that he was the son of Professor Styx or something of the sort.

Aiden shrugged his shoulders inwardly as he turned back to Alex and said, "You excited to go back to Scotland?" Aiden was curious if this boy was tight with the champion, he thought he had seen the two together in the corridors but he couldn't be sure, not that it mattered much to him, he only hoped that if Nina did show up Bella would try and be civil to the girl that would be leaving.

Kailey turned her head to the boy who was obviously adressing her, it was the little annoying twerp that had bugged her, Zazuka, and Brian in the library months ago. "Hello" she resonded, it showed in her voice that she was willing to be civil but definitely not friendly to the boy, who seemed to have a hatred for all ravenclaws and a dislike for prefects, with Kailey being both of those things there was a natural animosity along with a series of bad encounters.

Alex smiled noticing the Prof asking him a question. 'It was good fun. I'll miss the nice weather'Alex said, glad his marks had been good in his book. He turned his attention back to the hovering space when Issabella aske dhim what he'd be doing. Alex shrugged, having no clue. He heard something about fireworks but couldn't be sure.
'Umm, sure. It'll be nice to get into a proper room finally after a whole year in tents'Alex said ligth heartidly, smiling. 'SO, do you know anything about fireworks tonight?'Alex asked.

Nina walked out of the tents when she spotted a group of students once again and she sighed inwardly hoping that they wouldn't start fighting again. As she got closer to them she spotted Alex and her eyes danced wildly and when she reached him she gave him a hug from behind him slightly hoping that she had startled him then said, "Hi Alex." Nina kissed Alex's cheek softly then said, "Hi Professor and Mrs. Midnight?" Nina wasn't really sure what the librarians name had been but she had been in the Library so much she knew her face and was almost certain that was her name.

Alex was jsut listening to the conversations near him when someone hugged him from behind. ALex took their hands, smiling at Nina . 'Hi Nina. I see I don't have to fetch you from your books now,'Alex said. 'There's somthing about fireworks happening'he added quietly to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back