Closed Celebrating a Union

Odette groaned. "You're going to make me roll my eyes so much I'll get a headache." She complained, shaking her head. "You really think you're hilarious, dont't you?" She asked, though she was smiling even as she said it.

Harley's grin broadened, eyes twinkling. "You sure seem to agree." She teased, lightly elbowing the other woman. "Never been so easy to make you laugh before."

Odette raised her eyebrows and shook her head. "These are pity laughs." She said, though she had a hard time keeping her face straight. "Definitely."

Harley's grin only widened at Odette's comment, giving a patronising nod in response. "Yes, definitely, I'm sure." She teased lightly.

Odette smiled a little and shook her head. Then she looked away. "It's probably easier because I laugh more these days." She said. "The older I get, the more I realize just how messed up I was as a kid."

ainsley was not invited to this wedding boy she was sure getting around a bunch of places she was not invited to today huh

Harley's smile slipped a bit as Odette took on a more serious tone, nodding slowly in understanding. "It's hard to see that stuff when you're in it." She said slowly. "Especially when you're that young, and it's all you know about the world."

Odette turned her glass over slightly, watching the liquid inside move around. “Yeah.” She said, a little startled by how well Harley could describe it. It was strange to be around someone who knew her so well. “It’s messed up.” She said idly as she watched her glass closely.

Harley sighed softly and nodded, watching the liquid in Odette's glass. "It really is." She said softly, eyes flicking to her ex-girlfriend's face again. "You deserved better, you know? We both did." She added softly. "No kid should have to go through what we did."

Odette sighed at Harley’s words. She knew they were true, but it was still kind of a lot to hear it just… said plainly like that, especially at her brother’s wedding. She drained her glass and slammed it down onto the table. “True. But enough sad sh*t.” She said, glancing at Harley. “Let’s do something more fun.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back