Claire
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Continued from here.

Arvel was trying really, really hard not to get involved in whatever was going on between Jacob, Analei, and possibly Zennon. He hated conflict in all forms, and definitely didn't have enough friends to be making enemies. But when Zennon beckoned him from the great hall, he could hardly ignore the boy's request to speak to him. He groaned inwardly, flinging his spoon down into his half-eaten bowl of cereal, finishing his juice, and then following Zennon out through the entrance hall and into the courtyard. There, he stopped, looking expectantly at his acquaintance. "What?"

Zennon had come to the courtyard because he often found that it was the only place he could really think. Biting his lip as he heard Arvel stop and speak, Zennon turned and sighed. "Sorry, I..." What was he even supposed to say. He had nothing to say. He wasn't even sure why he'd really asked Arvel out here. They didn't know each other, he knew Analei, not Zennon. He probably figured this was all Zennon's fault if he thought anything at all. He was probably right anyway, it was always Zennon's fault. "I don't know why I asked you out here." He said, sitting on the courtyard bench.

Arvel's mouth nearly dropped open. Zennon had interrupted his breakfast for nothing?! The Hufflepuff was about to retort when Zennon sat down on a bench, looking... sad. They didn't know each other very well, but Arvel supposed that didn't mean he should just leave him by himself. Clearly he was caught in the middle of something between Analei and Jacob, and didn't have anybody else to talk to. Lifting his bag over his head and off his shoulder, Arvel went and sat beside him. He scuffed the ground with his shoe, watching a weed spring back and forth. Just because he could see Zennon was upset, didn't mean he was suddenly a skilled conversationalist. "Well... why am I here, then?" There had to be a reason, unless Zennon just particularly enjoyed disrupting people's breakfast for no reason.

Zennon looked over at Arvel as the Hufflepuff moved to sit next to him. Zennon shook his head and sighed. "I... I don't know, I'm sorry for dragging you out here." He said, holding his head in his hands. "Honestly this all got so out of hand. I don't know why Analei and Jacob hate each other. None of my friends seem to get along with each other and I can't help but think it's my fault." He said. He was the only common factor after all. "I'm the common factor in all of this, you know. It has to be my fault somehow." He didn't know why he was talking about this with Arvel, but it seemed like he was the only person Zennon could speak to about any of this. "I'm sorry I dragged you away from your breakfast. That wasn't fair."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back