Carla Mansion

Dan was trying to get some sleep but Kasey’s behaviour tonight wouldn’t let him. Did she get someone else to hang out with.Of course she must have I mean its over a year and half now.Maybe she hates me now and likes someone else and that’s why she is unhappy to see me here.Dan heard a faint knock on the door but thought he was just imagining it so he lay on his bed.

Kasey knew that Dan was awake but didn’t want to reply so she slowly opened the door and there was Dan lying on his bed wide awake.She just stared at him without saying anything.

Dan saw Kasey enter his room and was shocked.Why was she awake at this hour of the night? He got up and sat on his bed looking back into her eyes.”Kasey..? Um..Did you want something?”He asked stuttering.

“Um…yeah..I actually..”she said finding the proper words.She sat beside him on the bed and looking into his blue eyes which reflected her face in them. “Dan where were you all this time?” she asked and than continued. “Why didn’t you reply to a single letter that I sent. “Violet told me you got them but didn’t send a reply. Never …”she continued. “Why?”

Dan hadn’t been expecting these questions at this hour of night. “So much has happened since I left school. Where shall I begin..?”he asked looking into her blue eyes that had several questions for him. “We..my parents and I were on the run from some Death Eaters according to them. We were shifting our places like every two days and they said no further this continued till six months and whenever I asked them what was happening they never told me.” He said taking a pause so Kasey could take in what he had said. “Than they started acting all weird. They made me steal stuff and once they wanted me to kill a boy.I was sure they were under the imperious curse or something.” He continued. “I decided to run away and than I came to this resturant and I met Ben.”he explained.

Kasey listened to Dan’s story .It was very sad about his parents but this wasn’t going to melt her down. “But you knew from the very beginning that Ben was my bro and that I would come here in the holidays. Why didn’t you tell him? Why did you stay here ?” she asked still angry on him.

“I didn’t. I didn’t remember Ben and nor did I recognise Mrs.Carla afterall I had only seen her once at the station.”he explained. “I had always been under the thought that you stayed in England so this were some other Carlas.”he tried to explain. “Really I never knew” he said hoping that Kasey would belive him.

“My parents wouldn’t let me read.They would burn or throw them.They said it were from DE’s. I told them that Violet was my owl but would they believe me? No!”he explained her.So this was why she had been reacting the way she did .She was reacting this was because she was angry at him for all this.

“Oh ! Okay” she said feeling a bit embarassed. She had been angry on Dan for no use all day long. “I’m sorry for being cross at you. I thought you knew it all and had done it purposely for some reason”she said with an appological smile.

“Its okay. Its totally natural” he said returning her the smile. “So how is everyone at school? Jessy, Ginny, Elissa, Jayne, Grande? What electives did you choose? How are your classes. Are all the Professors still the same with Nick being the perfect of all?” he asked her curiously.

Kasey’s smile fell at the mention of her friend’s names.”They left. All of them one after the other.” She said. “Most of the Professors are the same except for History. Professor Walthram left. She was really nice.”She said informing him about the school. “I have taken COMC, Arthimacy and Divination. What about you? How is Dumstrangs? Ben never tells me about it”she said with a frown.

“What ? That’s very sad. So who do you have now? Like whom do you hang out with?”he asked Kasey looking at her unhappy face. “I’ve choosen Arthimacy and Ancient Runes. “Dumstrang is nice but not as much fun as HNZ. We have very strict discipline there.” He said with a smile. “We don’t have fancy balls.” He added with a grin remembering their ball at HNZ.

“Yeah it is. I have Kailey Paramore.”she said remembering her. “But she has other friends so we are just together in classes but it wont be the same any longer as she has got a boyfriend who is in the same year with us” she explained. “I have a Slytherin friend, he’s a second year, Andrew”she said remembering that she wanted to ask Andrew what had been going on in his mind. “He’s really nice. I hang out with him and his girlfriend, Kirsty and I also have my dorm mate, Aurora”she said as she took her hair and started fiddling with them.

“Oh!” Dan said at the mention of Andrew.He was sure that Kasey must be more than a friend to him but when Kasey said that he had a girlfriend, this relieved him. “Good, I have seen very few friendly Slytherins.”he said with a chuckle.

“I once did too.But Andrew and his friends are friendly.He’s an orphan but has Madam Malkins as his godmother.”she said telling Dan more about Andrew. “He’s really nice at Qudditch. Actually we first met at the pitch. He’s now a seeker.” She added remebering her and Andrew’s first meeting. “What about your friends?” she asked him.

“Oh that’s very lucky of him”he said with a smile. “I don’t have any except for Ben. I am new at school and they think that I am a jerk from HNZ.”He said laughing at his fate. “There are these boys in my year they are so dorkish hitting people here and there. They use me as there punching bag but Ben said he’d teach me stuff that they won’t be able to do so from next term. Ben’s the cool guy there. He usually deals with this people and saves me.” He said with a smile of thanks to Ben.

Kasey laughed at Dan’s state. He had been so cool around in there first year and now here he was after a year’s wander totally worn out. “You know you’re cool too. Once you face these boys bravely they’ll forget to disturb you again.” She said with a smile looking into his blue eyes that still had something that attracted them towards him.

“We’ll have to see that once Ben teaches me what he’s got”he said with a smile. His eyes fell on Kasey’s hand that had there friendships ring. “You’re still wearing it?” he asked her totally pleased with her frienship.

“Yeah, I am and so are you” she said with a twinkle in her eyes. “I couldn’t sleep. I had to apologise to you so I came here.” She explained. “You know I had sent you a letter with Vi about three days ago but she hasn’t returned yet. Do you think she’ll be fine?” she asked him as if he saying yes would protect Vi.

“Oh! I couldn’t sleep to because of the way you behaved today but now its fine.”he said with a smile. “Of course she will.”He said assuring her. “Do you still have Romeo and Juliet?”He asked her remebering the two violet pygmy puffs.

“Yeah, the ring showed you were hurt” she said looking out of the window into the dark night.”Of course I have them”she said with a grin.”You want to see them? Come”she said as she took his hand and leaded him to her room and pointed at Romeo and Juilet fast asleep in their cage.

Dan went to Kasey’s room feeling really nice that she had holded his hand but she didn’t seem to have realised that. “Wow! They look really nice together” he said looking at the two pygmy puffs.

“Yeah they do”she agreed now realising that she had been holding Dan’s hand. Her cheeks turned red and she let it go. “And this is Miley, my snowy owl.”She said pointing at her owl. “She’s really missing Violet. They are best friends, always together.

Dan nodded understanding what Kasey said. “I really misssed my best friend too. I thought I’d never see you again.”he said smiling at her his eyes twinkling at the thought that maybe they could get together again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back