Carla Mansion

Daniel got to his feet as he saw Ben but than there was her sister, it was Kasey! How could he not have known.A smile spread over his face but than the way Kasey reacted he got a bit shocked.Maybe she dosen't want Ben to know about it.Well i will let her hide it if thats what she wants he thought."Hey Ben.Umm..Hi"he said with his goofy smile.

Lila heard Kasey and Ben's voice and she rushed to the sitting room."Hi Kasey"she said giving her daughter a long hug."How have you been?"she asked with a smile.

"Hello mom"she said ingnoring Dan."I've been fine. What about you?"she asked smiling at her mom."Hows work? I read in the prophet that you won some stuff in Halloween party? How was it?"she asked as she picked up her trunk at put in one corner of the room.

"Hello mom"she said ingnoring Dan."I've been fine. What about you?"she asked smiling at her mom."Hows work? I read in the prophet that you won some stuff in Halloween party? How was it?"she asked as she picked up her trunk at put in one corner of the room.

"Everything is fine.Yup, I won some cool things that have some magical powers.I shall show it to you later."First go and freshn up."she said with a smile. "I'll prepare lunch" she added as she left for the kitchen.

(at night after dinner...)

Ben looked at Kasey and winked which meant that now he was going to start it; her mom would finally have to tell them why she had lied that their dad was a death eater.”Mom we wanted to ask you something”Ben said as he took his usual seat on the sitting room couch.

“Yes dear what is it?”Lila asked sitting opposite of Ben.She thought it must be some sort of permission for an outing or something.

Kasey saw Ben wink and now she was ready for it. Let it go smoothly without any tears she prayed.She wasn’t going to do the talking so she looked forward to listen how Ben was going to put it forward.

Daniel was confused of what was going on so he choose not to speak.He hoped that he didn’t interfear in any family stuff.

Lila was shocked by the question.She had always known it was coming but not this way.And how exactly they knew about all these she wanted to know.Now what was she going to reply? She had promised Steve that she would never let the children know that he wasn’t a DE, it was his last wish afterall and here they were asking her about it. “Look, it isn’t like how you think…your dad was a DE. He killed granny, tried to kill me. He showed me the mark that night on his arm. Now why do you think that I am lying?”She asked feeling terribly guilty to lie them because it was their right to know about it.

“Mom please we have had enough of this.We know you have been hiding it from us and now we want to know why.Please don’t lie anymore.We could have tried other ways to find out about this but we thought that our mom would tell us if we asked her and now please tell us”he pleaded.He was sure that Lila was in some kind of problem and that she didn’t want to lie to them but she had to for some reason and he wanted to know why.”We know you are lying because it’s a fake story that a muggleborn wizard, a mudblood can become a DE. Death Eaters would kill him if they see him anywhere near themselves.You know how they act about the blood and it is surely untrue to tell us that he was a DE on that base,” he said finally taking a deep breath.He wished Lila would tell them and hide it any longer.

Kasey wasn’t expecting Ben to start it this way but it seemed right and straight forward. “Mom please tell us why are you hiding? Is someone blackmailing you? Are you in some kind of problem, tell us mom.We are your children afterall, we’ll help you”she pleaded.She had totally forgotten the fact that Dan was present here.

Oh man! This is getting us no where. Now what am I suppose to do_Oh Merlin help me she prayed.As Ben interrogated her in this manner tears rolled down her face.She had to tell them, she also didn’t want to break the promise. “Please Ben don’t force me.You don’t understand what situation I am in at the moment.Please Ben, Please Kasey don’t force me to tell.”She pleaded hiding her face in her hands and continued sobbing.

Daniel didn’t know what was happening but he didn’t want see Mrs.Carla in such situation. She must have some problems that they can’t understand and if Mrs.Carla isn’t feeling like telling them then they shouldn’t force her, he thought. “Please guys don’t force her if she dosen’t want to tell,” he said to Ben and Kasey.

Kasey’s blood suddenly started boiling. Why the hell did he interfear? Who was he to speak in this matter? First of all, when Kasey had written a thousand letters to him but he never replied.Than he had suddenly poped up at their house and knew that she, Kasey would come here during her break. He didn’t tell that he knew her and now this. He was totally not required here anymore. “Dan doesn’t interfear in our family matter. Stay out of this and please leave”she said fire blazing in her eyes.She had never imagined that she would ever talk to Dan this way.

Daniel was shocked the way Kasey had reacted but she was right so without uttering a word and left the sitting room and climbed up the stairs and went to his room.Banging his leg on his cupboard due to the anger because Kasey had talked to him in such a rude manner. He suddenly realised that he had injured his foot and it was bleeding. He didn’t care at the moment. He sat on his bed thinking why Kasey was hiding it from Ben and why was she reacting this way.

Ben looked at Kasey angrily.”That is not how you behave with a guest.”He shouted.”After all he’s my friend.” He added turning to face Lila. “Mom please whatever it is tell us. Please mom.”he said kneeling down infront of their mom and wiping her tears.

Lila could hide it no longer. Afterall the childeren had to know about it someday. And it was better she told them instead of Ben discovering some fake story from some other resources. “Okay fine.”she said wiping her tears. “Please forgive me for hiding this.” She added and than continued. “Let me start from the beginning, the day when it all happened. Steve came home and we went for dinner. I thought he was behaving a bit funny but than I ignored it. When we came out from the resturant he killed granny at that moment but than I realised that he was imerioused. I told him so and told him to fight the curse. When he was under the imperiouse he told me that I had been teaching too many people how top Defend themselves and this was becoming a problem for the Des. He told me that he had joined the DE and hated me as much. He said that he was going to kill me there and there but than he was trying to fight so he asked me for a promise that I should lie to you that he was indeed a DE so that you would miss him less which would make less pain according to him.He couldn’t fight any longer and he knew that he would kill me if he wasn’t able to fight so he killed himself instead.”she ended now tears running down her face like a river.

”To keep your fathers last wish I promised him and lied to you.Of course I felt very guilty of hididng it but it was his wish. What could I have done?” she asked now having slid from the couch and sitting on the ground.

Kasey had started crying. “Oh mom”she said hugging Lila and stroking her mom’s hair to comfort her. “You had been going through so much and …”she said wiping her mom’s tears as well as hers.

“Mom we are very sorry to know it this way but we had to. You couldn’t hide it. I know dad always wanted the best of us and we couldn’t possibly think of him as a DE.”he said siting down by her mom and giving her a hug. “I am very happy to know that he was a good person and not a DE.” He said trying to smile a watery smile.

“Thank goddness that you guys reacted this way”Lila said with a smile hugging both of her children.She just realised how much they had grown up that they could understand her situation and help her. “Its very late now” she said glancing at the wall clock which read half and hour past midnight. “I suggest you go to sleep.”She added. “I’ll do some work and than go to bed”she continued as she got to her feet.

“Okay we’ll go to bed”Kasey agreed as she stood up and looked at her mom. Now she could see her face bit relaxed after so much time. “Good night mom”she said giving Lila a hug and a kiss on her cheek.

Ben followed the ladies and said goodnight to her mom. “Good night sis”he said hugging Kasey and waited for her so they could go up together.

Lila said goodnight to both her children and than went to her bedroom which was on the ground floor and did some of her office work before falling asleep.

Kasey walked with Ben and as Ben’s bedroom came first she waved to him and continued her walk on the corridor as her bedroom was at the end of the corridor. The whole seen that had taken place into the sitting room and she just realised how rude she had been to Dan. Maybe he had some problems and couldn’t write to her or whatever he had been her boyfriend and she couldn’t forgive herself for how she had reacted down in the sitting room.

She went to her room and changed into a thin long satin made nightgown and tried to get some sleep but she couldn’t. Dan’s thoughts came zooming in her mind and all the time they had spent together in their first year. Although their relationship had never gone far beyond holding hands but she had liked him very much.She got up and switched on her lamp and looked at the clock it now showed ten minutes to one.She looked at the friendship ring that she wore on her right hand small finger that Dan had given her.It showed red that meant he was hurt and it was all her fault.

She looked at the two pygmy puffs, Romeo and Juliet fast asleep in their cage, Juilet who had been Dan’s pygmy puff and Romeo which Dan had gifted her.Before leaving Dan had given her his pygmy puff so Romeo and Juliet could be together. Beside them was Miley, the snowy owl that was fast asleep her head under her wings but Violet’s owl cage
was empty.Violet had a letter which Kasey had written to Dan but maybe she was finding him somewhere else while he was here.She wished Violet would come back.She missed her owl so much and so did Miley miss her friend.She was sure that she wouldn’t be able to get sleep with all these thoughts. She had to apologise to Dan.She walked out of her room and saw that Dan’s light was on which meant he was awake.She knocked on her door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back