Bruin's Quidditch Team Practice

Zoe-Hope noticed that Lily wasn't paying attention, and that Ryan was headed straight for the hoops, so she flew as fast as she could to the rings, so she could defend them. She was no keeper, but she would try her best.

Heath made a break for the left goal hoop and let the quaffle fly as soon as he caught the pass from Ryan.

Zoe Swerved trying to block all three of the hoops, unsure which one Heath was going for. Then she saw him go to the left, so she went to the left, and if he went to the right, then so would she.

Estrella flew in front of Zoe and Ryan. Ryan's teammates were closing in for a pass, and Estrella watched them all carefully as Ryan attempted to toss the quaffle through the hoops.

Bruin cursed himself for allowing Heath to slip behind him, but was secretly pleased to see how well Ryan had hit him with the pass and how quickly both Estrella and Zoe-Hope had been to defend the hoops. Heath had sent a hard shot in the direction of the centre hoop and Bruin could only watch as Estrella and Zoe-hope converged to block it.

As the quaffle was thrown towards the center hoop, Zoe dove for it, but missed by a little bit, and the other 'team' scored a goal. "GRRAHHHH!!!" She screamed, for she was not a very good sport about losing.

Ryan flew over to Heath and gave him a pat on the back, "nice shot" Ryan said with a smile, "were up 10-0"

"Way to go guys!!! Nice teamwork!!!" Bruin called to Heath, Ryan and Lily before turning to Estrella and Zoe-Hope... "Now, shall we return the favour ladies???"

Adrianna rushed onto the quidditch pitch, a little irritated that she had been late to the first quidditch practice. She had a school broom under her arm since she hadn't been able to get her own yet. She had just grabbed her bat out of the equipment shed and she now kicked off the ground and rose into the air, sending an apologetic smile toward Bruin, the team captain, as she headed toward him.
"I'm sorry I'm late, Bruin. Buying my stuff in Hogsmeade took a little longer than I thought. Looks like your playing 3 on 3. Where do you want me to play? I could just refree if you guys wanna finish. 3 on 4 really isn't fair."

"If not, I could go get the Bludgers out of the equipment shed."

Bruin smiled at Adrianna, he realized that there were things more important in life than Quidditch, not many maybe, but a few. She seemed genuinely upset and he would not add to it, they were a team afterall and they would need to support each other, not drag each other down.

"Alright everyone, bring it in!!!", he yelled and hovered about 20 feet off the ground over the centre of the pitch.

Zoe-Hope shouted, "I'll be right back! I am going to go pick up my Firebolt that I just bought!" Then she flew down towards the shed where the school brooms were kept, and put the broom back. and ran as fast as she could to pick it up.

(((OOC: i thought that it would be weird if in the middle of practise i changed brooms without picking it up or something.

"Alright, Adrianna is going to Zoe-Hope's place on our team until Zoe-Hope returns. Game on!!!", Bruin yelled as he took the Quaffle and began accelerating towards the other team's hoops.

Estrella hung back by her own hoops, watching Ryan carefully but also there just in case the other team somehow secured the Quaffle before Bruin could make a goal.

Looks like I caught someone else napping for a change!, Bruin thought to himself as he sped towards the other team's hoops. He reared back and through the Quaffle at the centre hoop with all of the power his right arm could provide. He threw himself a little off-balance during his throwing motion, but regained control quickly and watched the Quaffle sail towards its target, wondering whether any of the opponents could outfly his throw.

Ryan could see that noone else was looking when Bruin threw the Quaffle. So he sped off after it getting closer to it as it neared the hoops. He thought to himself " Its now or never" so he lept off his broom managed to catch the Quaffle in his outstreched arm and... He had missed his broom he luckily he wasent to high up in the sky. He hit the ground with a "Thud" and layed there for a moment, then started to get up as his teamsmates gatherd around him " he looked up and said" well at lesast i got the Quaffle right?" laughing a little

Estrella laughed at Ryan's remark, glad that no one had gotten hurt. "Good catch!" she congratulated him, and extended an arm to help him up.

"Sorry I missed that one! Are you alright?" Lily asked, very concerned for her teammate.

(((I am back from my time away. I feel like I missed so much! :D But I am back and ready to roll now! Yay!)))

Zoe had just ran back onto the quidditch pitch with her Firebolt, and got on and mounted off. then she noticed that everyone was gathered around something, or someone, on the ground, she hovered right above the litle gap they made, and had noticed that ryan was on the ground, being helped up by Estrella. "What happened? she asked eagerly.

"Ah not much just me falling of my broom trying to save a goal" Ryan said with a smile

Zoe-Hope said nervously,"do you need to go to the hospital wing? is anything broken?" for she was hoping that he would be fine

"Nah, im fine it was only a little fall, but i did save the goal" he said with another smile

"Nice save Ryan!!!" Bruin exclaimed, glad to see that he was okay. Bruin looked around and noticed that all of the team members were now present and accounted for... "Well, anybody have any great suggestions for what to do now?", he asked, but personally wondering if they wouldn't be better to wrap it up shortly and go get something to eat.

"Well, it looks like we have a full team now," Estrella speculated, "So why don't we try playing a mini game or something? That way everyone can practice their team positions."

Bruin considered Estrella's suggestion and as others didn't appear to be forthcoming spoke next. "Alright, how about we release one bludger and the snitch to go with the Quaffle we already have. That way we can have one beater and two chasers aside, although Estrella and one of the two chasers on the other team can kind of hang back a little a play keeper when required. Zoe-Hope will try and track the snitch and the game can be over when she captures it or one of the team scores 5 goals." Bruin paused and took their silent nods as agreement with his idea.

(((OOC - sorry if you consider making you nod a god-mod, but how about we say its a god-nod and therefore, okay??? :oy: Sorry, but sometimes I just kill myself...)))

"Anyways, how about Estrella, Lily and I against Adrianna, Ryan and Heath??? You can have first quaffle." Bruin headed down to the shed and returned with a small wooden trunk. "Heads up everyone...I'm about to release the bludger and snitch."

(((OOC: very clever, i was trying to figure out a way for a while.)))

Zoe got ready to chase the snitch, so she flew up as high as she could, and kept her eye on the snitch as bruin released it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back