Bruin's Quidditch Team Practice

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin sauntered out onto the pitch, hoping that his new teammates were as happy to be a part of this team as he was. Bruin knew a couple of the team well and was sure that Heath and Estrella would make the younger students on the team feel very welcome. The team selection process had been very difficult for all of the captains and he knew that Elizabeth and Kaela would be getting their respective teams organized soon as well.

Bruin wasn't too worried about strategy, particularly as he had none, and thought that the group would be better served by doing some flying together first. Learning each others strengths and tendencies, developing some trust, and hopefully, becoming better friends so that communication on and off the pitch wouldn't be a problem. He hoped that the rest of the team appreciated his sense of humour and he promised to reserve his most sarcastic comments for Heath and Estrella who knew him a little better and recognized not to take anything he said too seriously.

Bruin had just finished cleaning his Nimbus 200 and looked down at it for a moment, admiring the smooth wood. Maybe he'd go see Legend at the Owlery later and take him out for a little flight together. Bruin commanded Up!, mounted his broom and launched himself skywards, hoping to get in a few practice laps of the pitch before the others arrived.

Zoe-Hope walked on to the newly mown quidditch pitch, and saw Bruin flying around most elegantly, and was envious of his Numbus 2000, while she had to suffice with a school-borrowed broom until she bought hers. She intended on saving 75 Galleons to buy the Firebolt. She set her stuff on the ground, she mounted her broom then began to fly, she was quite tired, so she just did a little practise as to what she would do in a game, so she flew up, and just sat there, looking out of the pitch, hopeful to see other team members.

Bruin flew up beside Zoe-Hope, hovering beside her as he gave her a warm smile. "You look good up here...I can almost see you scanning for the Snitch and then swooping down on it. I think we're gonna have a lot of fun with this team!", Bruin said enthusiastically.

"So do you want to come up with some signal to let me know if you have a bludger after you so that I can come and swat it out of your way?" Bruin asked, wondering if she had any ideas.

Zoe thought about this for a second, "How about I cough inconspicuously (((i hope i spelled that right))), and If i think i see the snitch, then I'll flick my hair." She said, quite happy with these ideas. Then said "I hope more people come so we can get a decent practise on." and then flew once around the pitch, then came back to Bruin.

"Sounds good, although in a noisy stadium, perhaps we'll need a secret word to shout as opposed to a cough..", Bruin laughed a little. "So have you met any of the other team members yet?"

Estrella hurried onto the pitch. She was glad that she had make keeper for the team, although their name was undecided yet. It had been her first choice to be keeper, and she was very excited to start practice.

Swinging her leg over her Firebolt, Estrella vaulted into the air, circling around the tall hoops that would be her part of the playing field. "Hi," she said to Bruin, "I'm glad the weather's nice today, it would stink playing in rain like it has been the past few days. She extended a hand to the Slytherin girl, who appeared to be their seeker. "I don't believe I've met you yet. I'm Estrella Drage," she announced, beaming at the first year.

Bruin was excited to see the team starting to come together. He knew that Estrella had been a great choice, not just as a keeper, but also as a good teammate.

Bruin saw that Zoe-Hope was riding one of the school brooms and decided that she should at least get to see what the Nimbus 2000 had to offer, remembering how big an upgrade it had been when he first tried it. "Hey Special Z, want to give my a broom a try???"

Zoe watched as Estrella appeared to glide towards them, then replied "hi, I'm, Zoe-Hope Weasley." then shook the hand of Estrella. Then when Bruin offered a ride on his broom, she glowed. and graciously said "That'd be great!" Then she remembered something. "Hey! When I get my Firebolt, I'll let you ride it!" she said as if to return the favor, then she flew down to the ground and dismounted her broom.

As they waited for more of their teammates to arrive, Estrella dove to the ground on her firebolt, practicing the stunts that they had learned in Flying Class. She was quite saddened that they would not be taking any flying classes in second year, but she sighed, resolving, At least I'm on the Quidditch team. She slipped through the small hoops on her broom, attempting to gain agility and speed. She was waiting on the chasers to arrive so that she could practice her keeping skills.

Bruin waited for a moment and then attempted the drop manouevre they had learned in class, immediately dropping 10 feet and then hovering again. He then pulled into a steep dive, angling towards a point on the lawn a few feet away from where Zoe had landed. About five feet from the ground Bruin pulled back sharply and came to a quick halt, hovering only a few feet from the ground. All of the practice was certainly beginning to pay off, he thought.

He dismounted and passed the Nimbus 2000 to Zoe..." You take good care of her!", Bruin said with a friendly smile... "...but don't be afraid to open it up a little just to see what she can do if you are feeling like it...", he added with a wink ;)

"I'll go grab some quaffles from the shed.", he yelled at Estrella..."I can take a few warm up shots at you until some others arrive."

"Alright!" Estrella replied loudly. She hovered by the hoops, doing the barrel roll to amuse herself as she waited for Bruin to grab the Quaffle.

Zoe gently mounted the Nimbus 2000 and flew out in the open, going at a steady speed, but was enjoying the wind go in her hair, and her robes flowing with the wind, felt as if she was over-riding the offer, landed just as gently as she had mounted, "Thanks very much, it was great!" got off and gave it back to Bruin.

"Ill help warm you up too, im not sure how good ill be carrying the quaffle, and riding, but i should manage!" Zoe said cheerfully. she took one of the quaffles, then mounted her broom again, and tested it by flying in circles, with the extra weight, then flew towards the rings, and took aim.

Bruin sorted through some old Quidditch supplies in the shed, being extra careful to not mistakenly release any Bludgers in the process. The last thing he wanted was to get somebody injured before they even had a full team present. He picked up a stray Quaffle and headed back out to the pitch.

He retrieved Zoe-Hope's discarded school broom and shot off towards Estrella and the hoops, although it was more like a slow, jerky ascent as opposed to a shot with Bruin's weight straining the pathetically underpowered house broom. He zig-zagged a little while trying to gain altitude and pulled the Quaffle back beside his head, giving a little head feint to the left while focusing his eyes on the far right hoop. Bruin sent the Quaffle off towards the left hoop, wondering if his looking at the right hoop would be enough to confuse Estrella. The Quaffle sped towards the left hoop and Estrella appeared poised to respond...

Estrella pulled herself out of the barrel roll and nearly missed capturing the quaffle; she snatched the red ball with one hand, tossed it back at Zoe-Hope, and bellowed with a grin, "Game on!"

After his initial shot, Bruin returned to the ground and exchanged brooms with Zoe-Hope...glad to have his Nimbus 2000 back and returned to the sky to continue firing the Quaffle around.

Estrella waited with determination as the Quaffles flew at her, some completely out of range of the hoops. She gripped the edge of her broom, having defended every shot; she gritted her teeth as one barely slipped in past her. It was quite a spectacular throw from Bruin, who had feinted several times before tossing it in. She would just have to practice harder, and not let cockiness and pride get in her way.

Bruin was enjoying throwing the Quaffle around and was amazed at Estrella's keeper skills and how well Zoe-Hope flew for someone who hadn't really had any lessons yet.

"Do you want to try flying around a little and passing the Quaffle, I know it's not something we will do much in games, but might not be bad to get better at it in case we have some injuries later in the season..." Bruin asked

"Yeah, that would work!" Estrella exclaimed. "I wonder when everyone else is going to get here?" She hovered on her broom, her eyes glued to the Quaffle.

Ryan walked down to the pitch and saw some of his teammates flying around, "Hey guys, ready for some practice?" Ryan said as he kicked off

Bruin was glad to see Ryan join the practice and fired a Quaffle off in his direction, not hard, but hard enough to see how he might handle it.

"Hey Ryan, head's up!", Bruin yelled

Ryan looked up at Bruin and saw the Quaffle comming his way, he set himself up and caught it with ease, ( he was glad he was doing so well considering he hasent even had flying lessons yet)

(( I got to go people comming over i'll be back tonight)

Lily hurried to the pitch for her first quidditch practice. She was so excited to be on the team. She was hoping everyone would be able to make it so they could decide on a team name and stuff like that.

She put her things down and climbed on her Firebolt and kicked off. She noticed there were a few people there. Bruin she had met yesterday down by the lake and she knows Estrella from her House. The boy and the other girl are new to her so she flew over by them just as the boy caught the quaffle.

"Nice catch!" she said with a smile.

"Hi Estrella!" she said with a wave in her direction.

"Hey, Bruin right?" she said to the boy she had met yesterday.

Bruin turned on his broom and flew up to join the others.

"Hey Lily...glad you could make it, we were just throwing the quaffle around a bit and getting to know each other. Once everyone get's here we can maybe try a whole group activity, but until then feel free to introduce yourselves and get some flying in." Bruin sped off towards the far hoops while yelling to Heath.

"Hit me, I'm open!!!"

"Sounds great!" Lily yelled after Bruin.

Lily flew over to the other girl on the team that she didn't know.

"Hi. I'm Lily. What position are you playing?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back