Blood to Blood, It Must be Repaid

Hades glared into Jaken’s silver eyes, searching for any traces of lies in his words. Hades could see only truth, and honesty – but it was not enough. While his hands were inside his trenchcoat, Hades located two daggers just for this occasion. He had an excellent grip upon them. One dagger was longer than the other, and knowing this in mind, he knew where he had to hit. Jaken had taken his advice on pinning the arms back, but he could freely use his forearms. That was all he needed. Hades hissed, “Foolish brother.” Hades drew out both daggers slowly, and made sure Jaken’s attention was not on his body but rather in his eyes. “You mistake me for someone who sympathizes.”

Hades plunged the long dagger into Jaken’s thigh, the steel slicing through flesh and muscle with no trouble at all. Warm, rich, red liquid glazed over Hades’ gloved hand. The dagger had sliced into the bone as well. Hades twisted the handle, causing as much pain as he could possible, while damaging the nerves so Jaken could never function properly again. “I do not love nor do I care.” Hades then stabbed Jaken in the opposite side with the shorter dagger. Somehow, Hades missed Jaken’s vital organs which he needed to live. “I have no soul.” Hades smirked evilly as he pulled the daggers out of Jaken’s body roughly. Hades could feel Jaken’s warm blood soak his forearms and hands. Hades started to laugh, musical and dark notes haunting the rare and beautiful scene of pain and torture.

The fight was rather interesting to witness. Kalif had no idea how much longer he should let this unfold. However, he had a grave feeling. Just as Kalif decided to dismiss the feeling, he saw blood pouring from Jaken. Hades resorted to his daggers. Kalif had brewed a bottle of blood replenishing potion. Jaken may be an Auror, but he was still Kalif’s son. That was taking things too far. Jaken might not survive. Kalif tried to take a step toward the edge, but his father’s arm blocked him from proceeding any further. His black eyes glared into Asparuh’s. Kalif hissed, “What the hell are you doing? Hades will kill him!” Kalif did not fight however. He was not an idiot. Asparuh would not tolerate childish behavior.

Asparuh was enjoying the fight unfold before him. Kalif should be proud to have such an obedient son like Hades. Hades was an excellent Guardian. He was doing his job perfectly. Jaken was a decent fighter as well. It had to be the Auror training. An Auror fighting a Death Eater in training fighting almost to the death. If only one could watch this amazing event, again and again. Once watched is not enough. Family or now, Asparuh hated Aurors. Jaken was not his grandson until his Auror days were over. Even thing, Asparuh would be unaware of the consequences.

When Kalif reacted so negatively, Asparuh was not impressed. With instinct, Asparuh put his arm out to block Kalif and hold him back. Asparuh was no fool however, if those two got into a fight, even he did not know who would come out alive in the end. Asparuh’s expression twisted into fury at Kalif’s words. He still held attachments to the Auror. The Patriarch is not supposed to hold attachments, ever. Kalif could not feel pity for Jaken. Laws came first. To being Patriarch, love could not exist and that included love and holds to their children.

Taking the matter into his own hands, Asparuh played on Kalif’s weakness, “Don’t you dare underestimate my Guardian. I have told you countless times. To have power, you must be detached. If you take one more step toward the edge to stop what must be done. I will skin your family alive and force you to watch. And for the finale, I will kill you. I don’t like having to kill future members of titles but if need be, I will. Dare to go against the plans and I will make sure you wish you have never been bord.” Asparuh slowly put his arm down and was slightly impressed that he had gotten to Kalif. Now, to wait until Hades did his part.

Jaken searched for sympathy or something remotely related to good in Hades’ bleak eyes, but there was nothing except more blackness. There was no sign of hope, and it frightened him. Jaken heard his words before he could catch the next actions. All Jaken saw was a glimmer of light – which was not anything good at all. Jaken heard the gushing sound and cracking of flesh enough to make him want to throw up before he felt the most excruciating pain he had ever felt in his life. His thigh was impaled by a sharp dagger and the severed nerves just made the situation even worse. Jaken released Hades and couldn’t bear to look at that monster in the face. The second stabbing did not hurt as much as the first. The sound of the second stab sounded just as bad as the first without the sound of slicing bone.

The Auror stepped back, and stared at his wounds and he wanted to just throw up even more. The world seemed dark, evil. Jaken realized that he was possibly dying. No, there was no possibly to it. Jaken thought he was dying. Hades would finish him off and walk away with a smile on that creepy face. Jaken remained standing, and slowly, he glanced up to see Kalif and Asparuh. They weren’t doing anything! Jaken clinched his wounds but he breathed out, “Dad!” Another unseen force blasted Jaken off of his feet and onto his back. Olivia and Estrella flooded his mind, as well as Kailie. His happy memories. Mother, I am coming, Jaken though. Though one thought also filled his mind. Hades’ words, a memory long forgotten; Kalif and Hades were Death Eaters, and he was an Auror. Jaken knew it was against his family’s laws, and now he realized just how bad rebelling was. It cost him a lot. This was why Hades attacked him. Jaken was an Auror.

“Sectumsempra!” Hades cursed with Alexander’s wand once he got it back. Jaken was on the ground, in a pool of his own blood. Jaken’s life was in his own hands. Hades flourished his other wand, his own one, and he cast a healing spell to ensure an extra few moments of Jaken’s life still on this earth. Hades heard the word Jaken breathed and after years of being locked up, hatred for his brother found a way out. Hades approached Jaken on the ground, and with a kick, Hades shouted, “You’ve had everything!” Hades had cracked.

“You had a family. You had siblings. You had it all!” Jaken had everything Hades wanted as a child. Love, everything. Breathing heavily, “Why do you deserve to live after living a dream life, a childhood of perfection? You are still the favorite, after all this time. You were intentional, you were supposed to be here, and I was a mistake!” Hades kicked Jaken in the sides again, causing the body to move slightly. Hades bent down and pulled Jaken into his lap, not caring if the blood was soaking into his own clothing. Hades put his own wand away, and he had Moon’s wand in hand. “But it is all over now. You won’t remember anything, and your Auror days are over.” Hades bent his head down and pressed his lips upon the comatose Auror’s cheek. Hades leaned up and pointed the want at Jaken’s head, once he concentrated from the moment Jaken chosen to become an Auror. Hades intoned, “Obliviate!” A white light shone as the spell worked – little too much as the wand was extremely unfamiliar with Hades. Hades mostioned for Asparuh and Kalif to come down.

Kalif couldn’t help overhearing what Hades went screaming on about. It was particularly interesting yet unnerving. Hades shouldn’t be blaming Jaken for his childhood. He should have blamed Kalif overall. But why didn’t he? Kalif lifted the anti-apparation spell, as he apparated down to his two sons. Kalif couldn’t trust Hades really, as Jaken seemed too close to death as is. Kalif reached into his robes and he retrieved a blood replenishing potion. He opened the contents and pour them into Jaken’s mouth. Not, it was time. Time to see if all this was in vain or if the mission was a success. This however seemed like a nightmare, seeing Jaken like this made him question whether or not this was all worth it.

Asparuh was thoroughly impressed with Hades. Someone who could easily take their own brother apart easily and ruthlessly. If Raisa had to perform this, Jaken would not come out alive. In fact, Asparuh almost wished he had picked Raisa. But Hades had some sort of class as well. Hades did his grandfather proud, and rid their family of an Auror as well as the Death Eaters. Asparuh saw much potention in Hades, as long as he doesn’t go off the deep end, and there would be no point in returning.

Asparuh apparated with Kalif down to the scene, and he lifted the other spells as well. Now, it was time to see just how in the clear they were – if they were. The last time this happened, Apostol went crazy and his mind went to hell. Was Jaken in the same, cruel fate as Apostol? Asparuh stood between Hades and Kalif, before bending down and putting his hand to Jaken’s forehead. This would be it, the final confirmation upon whether or not Jaken should live or Jaken should die. Asparuh breathed in and prepared for the memory extracting process.

Jaken’s mind was blank. Asparuh could not find any memory of him being attacked by Hades, nor being an Auror. The thoughts to become one were erased, but so was the last almost three years of his life. There was no Olivia, no marriage, no proposal. No graduation, but Asparuh located when Jaken took the NEWTs, and that was it. Asparuh took his hand off his forehead. Finally, Asparuh said, “We will not have to kill Jaken. My job here is done, and the next time you to erase memories, Hades, use your own wand.” Asparuh stood up to his full height, and apparated out of sight.

The mission was a success and now they had to get Jaken healed, before it was too late. Hades removed his gloves and put the wand and the gloves inside his coat. Now, he had his own wand and he began to murmur some healing incantations. Healing was not in Hades forte of experience. However, the wounds started to close, and the heavy bleeding slowed to a minimum. Hades muttered, “We need to get Jaken to Estrella. I cannot heal properly.” Hades lifted Jaken into his arms and he repeated the address to Kalif of where Estrella stayed at here in the States. Hades felt his clothes continue to soak up Jaken’s blood, and just knew that it was going to stain. Jaken would have battle wounds but it was funny in a way that Jaken could never recall receiving them from this epic battle. Hades apparated with his brother and waited for Kalif to join him.

Kalif was a little relieved when they wouldn’t have to kill off Jaken. However, now Kalif regretted allowing Hades to handle such a tedious task of erasing memories. Kalif thought that he should have done it, and save everyone the trouble. Kalif wondered if this was all worth it. Was being in the Death Eaters and in the family worth it? Was it worth possibly ruining someone’s life that was close to him? Kalif sighed and knew he had a lot of thinking to do. Once hearing the address, Kalif turned and cleaning the blood and debris from the alley before apparating out. Arriving at the driveway, Kalif took Jaken from Hades, no longer trusting him to hold Jaken without killing him. Kalif walked through the front door and saw the living room abandoned. Kalif held Jaken steady with one of his arms, and used the other to conjure some blankets onto the couch to keep from staining with his blood. Kalif set Jaken down on the couch. He murmured, “Jaken needs healing. The potion will do no good when his wounds are still open and bleeding. Get Estrella.” Kalif knelt down next to Jaken. For the first time, Kalif seemed worried over Jaken. He was unable to mask it as well, and now Jaken was dangling on a string too close to death. If he had things his way, this would not have gotten so far.

Hades was a little appallted at Kalif finally showing something other than anger and nothingness. Hades nodded at Kalif’s orders and he heard tiny footsteps running in their direction. They were much too small for Estrella’s feet, besides, she couldn’t run without waddling cause of the pregnancy, right? The owner of the footsteps arrived and it was little Olivia. She paused in her running to see Hades, Kalif and Jaken who appeared asleep. Hades bent down and motioned for her to come to him. The little bundle of energy was older than one and still knew how to walk and run like a pro. Hades spoke, with an eerie smile on his face, “Do uncle Hades a favor and go get your mommy. Tell her Hades and Grandpa Kalif need her right away. It is important.” Hades watched Olivia run off and Hades stood up straight. He glanced over at Kalif and couldn’t help chuckling at his annoyed expression about being called a ‘grandpa’. Hades debated on whether or not to cast Protego around him and Kalif. That he did, silently, because you just never knew what one would do. Oh boy, here we go… thought Hades as he heard the very woman approaching.

Estrella would never have been able to keep up with her daughter, even if she didn't have a beach ball strapped to her midsection. Olivia was just at that age where only the quickest of Quidditch legends would be able to catch her. It didn't help that her mother wasn't used to the vacation house. The woman was surprised when the little girl ran the wrong direction, bumping right into her. "All right, Livvy!" she exclaimed, wondering what on earth was up with the child. Olivia was babbling something about her father. Maybe Jaken was home.

Then there was an audible thump. Estrella moved slowly; she had no idea of the situation in her living room. She followed her daughter to a scene that she hadn't anticipated. There was her husband, bleeding like a skewered pig on the sofa. She didn't have it in her to scream. Not yet, anyway. Tremors wracked her bones, though somehow she managed to push Olivia out of the room and point her wand at the both of them. The oak essence of raven feather wavered violently in her hands. Accusation built up in her throat, rising to a hiss that would have rivaled a basilisk. "What did you do?!" She wanted to know why, where, and how, but those inquiries wouldn't have made it past her lips before a curse slipped from her fingers. The woman was on the fringe of blasting them into next summer.

Ah, the fun begins. Hades made sure that Protego worked like a charm. "I don't know what you are speaking of, Estrella, because that sentence makes no sense." Hades glanced down at Jaken. Oh, the poor lad. Hades was a terrific actor, much like his father. Though Kalif had worried written on his face, Hades had nothing but cold. Hades answered, his voice unwavering and it seemed to be highly truthful. "Jaken was attacked, while shopping or something. You are lucky he is even alive. Don't even ask why I bothered to assist in saving him. Your father-in-law forced me." Hades glanced down at her stomach. Any more stress, and Jaken could pass as she could go into early labor. Hades did not take his eyes from Estrella, but he had no expression upon his face. Nothing at all. No hatred, no anger, no smugness. Nothing.

Kalif gently pushed Jaken's hair back across his blood streaked forehead. Kalif hissed, his voice not so much cold as it was full of worry over his son's life, "The both of you, knock it off. Jaken is on the verge of dying, and neither Hades nor I have the power to heal. Estrella, if you could but I doubt that you have superb healing abilities, just get someone to come here. I am almost positive you know a healer or two that could at least save Jaken from bleeding to death." Kalif hated this. Things didn't have to turn out like this. In fact, he didn't know whether or not he should attack Hades for doing this to Jaken. Yet, he remains still.

The shudders traveled from Estrella's arm to the rest of her body. Only those in the grips of paralysis would understand what she felt. Indecision mocked her, rendering her useless. Instinct told her to cut her losses and get her daughter out of there. Loyalty to her husband forced her to remain; she couldn't just abandon Jaken. Not while he was still alive. There was no way of knowing what he would have wanted her to do, and really no time for her to find out.

A growl rose in the back of the her throat. Olivia had wandered back into the room, visibly frightened. Estrella shielded her from her kin. In a way, the woman was still Mama 'Claw, though this time her chicks were in serious danger. She trained her wand on the younger of the two. "Get out," she snarled, "Leave now." Whatever they chose to do, consequence held hands with action.

Kalif started to grow a bit angry that Estrella wouldn't listen to him because of Hades being here, while her husband - his son - was bleeding to death. Hades seemed to just mock Estrella, which just would make things worse, and then all this would be in vain. Kalif turned his head toward Hades and he ordered, "Hades, leave. If you don't, Jaken will die. Then I will lose two sons because I'll have your head. Go." Kalif waited for Hades to obey him. As Head, he would have to. Kalif turned to Estrella and he spoke, his voice lightening in viciousness he had cast toward Hades, "Now will you go? I don't want to lose Jaken because you can't do anything because of Hades." Kalif knew that Hades would never listen to a woman, no matter who it was. That was why Kalif stepped in, or else Estrella would be to clouded by whatever Hades had done to her to get her to save Jaken. "I can attempt to heal him, but I need you to get someone, Estrella." Kalif brought his wand out, and waved it over the wounds. But none of the attempts seemed to work. His wand was meant for destruction and death, not for healing.

Hades only smirked at Estrella as she told him to leave. That ***** didn't scare him. Her snarling didn't even phase him. However, when Kalif ordered him to leave, a touch of fear glimmered in his eyes at the sound of Kalif's voice. Well, Hades also didn't want Jaken to die, and if he didn't leave, then he would be one brother short. Hades nodded, "Fine. Tell me when he will be all right though." Hades' evil eyes went to Estrella, and though he was supposed to be acting, he didn't seem at all that upset now. In fact, he seemed glad. Hades apparated away, tempted to laugh. But he didn't, because he didn't want to piss off his dad any more than what he already was. Estrella, he wasn't scared of. But Kalif, he was.

It was a tragedy for a man to feel like he'd downed a barrel of firewhiskey when he hadn't even tasted it. That was what apparating too quickly and too often did to you. Tristan was dizzy, exhausted and certain he'd have barfed up his own stomach by the time he reached the states. He would have normally opted for a more comfortable means of travel; unfortunately, comfort usually took least precedence when he was in a hurry. The forty-five year old had left his wife to a pack of ravenous, rowdy children. She wasn't going to be the most patient woman in the world when he returned.

His son-in-law was hurt. That was all he had been able to decipher from his daughter's babble, in between the shrieks and sobs. Tristan entered the home cautiously. He held his wand against his hip; it was stupid not to have a weapon. Just in case. If Jaken was in trouble, there was a chance that Estrella and Olivia were, too, and this man wasn't going to stand by and watch it happen. There was still a Death Eater beneath his skin, and it could scratch its way out at any time. Tristan hadn't forgotten how to kill.

Even though he'd never wandered the dwelling, it wasn't difficult to locate the four occupants; not with all that sniffling and whimpering. Danger seemed to be at bay. Tristan took in his surroundings, gravitating toward the wounded man. He assumed that Kalif had been called over as well. He blinked, focusing his good eye on his son-in-law. Jaken wasn't in good shape. Looming over the twenty year old, Tristan turned his attention to Kalif. The two did not like each other. However, Tristan could respect Kalif's unyielding ability to compact his emotions. It would be less of a task getting answers out of the veteran Death Eater than out of a blubbering woman or her wide-eyed child.

"What happened?"

Kalif didn't know that his daughter-in-law would bring her worthless father into it. However, because Estrella had listened to him, and brought in someone who healed. Kalif sighed and he muttered, "Jaken was attacked in the alley. I don't know who did it, but he is lucky to be alive right now." Kalif wondered if this would leave any scars. Kalif contained his emotions, at last, and got a grip on himself. He stood up and allowed Tristan to get close to his son, so that he can be healed. If he lost another son, he didn't know what he would do. Quit the Death Eaters? Perhaps. Kalif truly did not know.

Some tension passes as the healing process occurred...

Kalif lifted his unconscious son into his arms, his robes dried with Jaken's blood. The healing saved his life, but not everything. Jaken's nerves in his leg were far too damaged and he would never walk normally again. Jaken was no longer an Auror, but he was alive. He had scars from the battle, and nothing would be remembered. Kalif told Estrella that once Jaken was healed, he would return home, but it was best if he looked after him, with his wife as a healer just in case something else went wrong. Kalif for once didn't snark at Tristan, but thanked him instead. Kalif turned and he cleaned up the mess his son had made, and apparated from the living room. At least everything would be fine now. Hopefully.

End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back