Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
ID Number: #7269841
Takes place in June, however due to Amanda's break, it has to be done a little early

The evening would bring intentional chaos and blood would be shed if a seer had predicted the future of this young man. Jaken had not been to a seer and knew not what laid ahead. If only the kind fates were for him this time.

A hot breeze blew through the June’s atmosphere in the America’s. Jaken was to be a father, again, but this old news. At least it did not cause him to almost faint this time. No, he was happy for his daughter’s arrival, even if he did want a baby boy this time around. But that did not matter now. If Estrella wanted more children, he would gladly give them to her, but two was more than enough right now. Olivia was a bundle of rotten energy. It was a wonder who she got that from. Who knew what the next daughter would bring about, but Jaken really wanted her to be a calm one considering Olivia's energy was rivalry to that of a mouse on sugar.

For now though, Jaken had receive a little break. Luke had driven him to the corner of the East and Main street so Jaken would pick up some supplies for Olivia. Jaken said that he would be back in twenty minutes and he would just apparate home. Jaken was not fond of cars anyway, as he never grew up in a muggle environment, and something that could travel that fast and weigh that much was enough to make him queasy. After – finally – finding the market, Jaken realized that he did not know the right brand of anything. So, he picked out the most expensive items and went on his way. Jaken noticed that twilight was close to ending, and somehow, the Auror ended up in an alley. Whatever, no muggles were around. There was one problem.

Jaken could not apparate.

Twilight had settled in quite nicely. Months has Hades stalked and terrorized his half-brother. It was what brought him here tonight. Hades stood up on a flat roof of a muggle business building, wearing a long trenchcoat, black jeans and a black shirt. Hades shifted his boot causing some dirt to move. Eyes as black as night stared down like a crow to a rodent. His black hair contrasted highly against his white skin. Hades stood by the edge of the building. How Hades predicted Jaken would end up here, no one knew. Hades figured this would be the safest way for him to apparate, with thankfully, Asparuh and Kalif cast some spells to keep this job secret and done to perfection. Hades bent down, the gloved hand touching the ledge as he schemed.

Hades glanced at his father and grandfather and a smirk painted across his lips. Hades stepped off the building, falling a good distance toward the ground. Hades landed, knees bent, with a thud loud enough to cause the Auror to turn around. Slowly, Hades rose to his feet, that smirk never fading. He would have to remind himself, though Hades hated Jaken, he had to do his job, and his job just. However, that was a really broad term. As long as Jaken remained alive.

If Kalif could have, he would have avoided this all. What was his own purpose here? Kalif had to make sure Hades did not kill Jaken, and Kalif knew that Asparuh would not stop Hades from killing. Kalif could. However, Kalif did not think Hades would not stop with a few words and then wipe the memories. This would test Kalif’s loyalty greatly; with his family and the Death Eaters. Jaken may be a threat, but was it worth all this? Many in the family thought it would be better to have Jaken killed, but only one was against it; Kalif. And yet, it was the Head of the Family's opinion that really mattered in the end. Kalif pondered, as the twilight sun shone on his back while he and Asaparuh would observe from above.

Today was the day. How dare that unpure man dare join the Aurors! It was disgusting. Asparuh would have Jaken ripped to shreds but Kalif would not have it. His reasons were unclear to Asparuh considering that Asparuh failed to hold attachments to his children as strong as Kalif had. Asparuh wouldn’t care to wipe out Jaken and his family, without a regret but Kalif seemed to have formed some sort of attachment. Asparuh wondered what was so likeable about Jaken and his half-blood bastard of a wife? Asparuh did not see it, but perhaps he would in the future for references. Whatever the case…

Asparuh had this all planned. There would be no Auror in this family. Not while he was in rule, and most definitely not in the future. Asparuh would not allow Jaken to continue to be a great threat to all of the family. Almost all the adults would be sent to Azkaban. Things would be at jeopardy, and the children would have no proper guidance. Asparuh glared down at Jaken as Hades jumped from the building. Hades was growing to be an impressive Guardian. Not only was Hades a pure-blood, but he was an efficient killer. If he were raised to be the Head or old enough for that matter, he could be a suitable Head. Asparuh smirked slightly. Jaken could not leave. The anti-apparation spell worked wonders.

Wand still out, Asparuh cast two more spells. One to keep muggles away and the other to keep others to never hear what is to be done. Asparuh would gladly kill anyone who dared to interrupt because Asparuh enjoyed a good live fight from time to time. This was momentous. Jaken would either leave here in a body bag which was something he preferred or leaving without his memories. Asparuh just hoped that there would be an interesting fight ahead. Asparuh knew just how much Hades hated Jaken, that was enough fuel to drive a man to beat him up or come close to killing him. The bloodier, the better. But, Hades needed to only do his job, but there was another catch to being a Guardian; that was being creative with said job.

Mental alarms went off in his head. Dead end, and he could not apparate. Jaken did not understand it because he didn't know there was a spell blocking him from doing as such. Why couldn’t he? He needed to get home. Jaken sighed and muttered, “I guess I am flooing home or something.” But where could he find a fireplace? Jaken would just have to be late. There was a reason why Jaken was no Ravenclaw. As he turned, Jaken released a gasp when the man that had terrorized him for the longest while stood, blocking his path. Hades. The man had terrorized Estrella for the longest time as well. He recently believed it when Hades installed bruises on Estrella not long ago.

Jaken tensed up as he read the smirk on his face. It meant trouble, perhaps serious trouble. Jaken was trained to fight Dark wizards and all that but could he fight his own brother? Jaken could only hope that Hades was not here to fight. However, Jaken doubted that with his heart. He reached behind him and grabbed his wand just in case. “What do you want?” intoned Jaken in a serious yet calm voice. There was no possible way to mask what he was feeling right now, and that was nervousness.

Hades wore a wicked smirk, and the onyx eyes watched Jaken grab his wand. Yet, he did not draw it or even fire a curse. How intriguing. Hades spoke, his words full of mockery as he clapped his hands, “Looking for someone?” Hades had no intentions of attacking first. It wasn’t his style. Hades allowed his hands to rest at his sides. He knew Jaken was looking for him, at least in some way he was. This was the man who had tortured Estrella, endangered Olivia’s life just by being around her. Jaken had to be pissed off and wanting revenge. It was really nothing to think about, as it was the truth. Hades was a great threat, and Estrella realized it personally, but Olivia... To Olivia, he was just an uncle.

“Come now, give your older brother a proper greeting. You should know what every Death Eater wants from an Auror,” Hades purred. He was doing an excellent job covering up his mission Hades had planned. Every injury he would inflict. Every spell chosen. Though Hades’ motives were to question, his precision and perfection could not be. Hades was a deadly foe, and it was time to show others just how cruel he can be.

Hades managed to send chills up Jaken’s spine. Sure, in his subconscious mind, Jaken wanted to seek out Hades and put an end to his stalking abilities, if that was possible. Throw his ass in Azkaban and live happily after that feeling great while knowing that another psycho was off the streets. Jaken thought that as long as Hades was around, things would never be in peace. Jaken glared at him and he hissed, “You admitted to what you are, you must come with me so maybe your sentence won’t be as harsh as others before you.” Jaken had once killed a Death Eater, so Jaken hoped that Haked would not have to end up in the same sticky fate. That death still seemed like yesterday. “I killed one of you before, I don’t want to have to kill you too.” Jaken was being sincere, because he didn't really have the heart to end someone's life intentionally. In fact, all he wanted was his family to be left alone.

The Death Eater shifted his position slightly. The air around seemed to tense, full of unreleased energy ready to explode. Hades knew just how to trigger it. Hades heard Jaken words. “Oh, you want me to just come with you, confess all my crimes and sins, and you will live happily ever after?” Hadan started to chuckle. He took a single step toward him. “Really, you cannot be that stupid. Even when you killed a Death Eater, you know just as well as I do that it was nothing more than an accident. Sheer luck. You are my brother – well, half. Just hope that Namina wasn’t that stupid. She was a Ravenclaw.” Hades shook his head in disapproval. Jaken needed a few kicks to the head. No, he could never be fixed. Jaken was hopeless. Alas, Hades was not through.

“You have a thing for Ravenclaws. Even Demitris. It is pathetic really, cause none of you are that smart. I mean, if you look at the Ravenclaws I have met, they are more dense than the people that works at the Daily Prophet. I was disappointed to hear that they descended from the intelligent house. If Ravenclaw calls them intelligent, then I would hate to see how stupid the rest of the students are. I hope Olivia doesn’t have to grow up without a mother – if Estrella pisses me off again, she just might have to.” Hades gave a light shrug as if it meant nothing. ***** didn’t know much about people like him. Never provoke a killer, especially one like him. Hades was definitely not the normal man. Fighting him only fueled his drive to continue his obsessive ways. Demitris didn't fight him, when Hades asked questions. Well, Hades just pinned him against the floor and forced out the answers. How else did he locate which of these states Estrella and Jaken were in?

Jaken was slowly moving toward his breaking point. Every word had punched Jaken in the gut. Demitris? Hades even went as far as his cousin and best friend? This was beyond mad. Jaken shouted, “Leave them out of it!” Jaken took a deep breath. “Leave Estrella, Olivia and Demitris alone!” Jaken did not want them to be harmed; not while he was around. Jaken pondered, What did or…does he have against me? Hades is married, right? He has a daughter, and a family title. What else is bugging him? Hell, what did I do to him to piss him off so much? Jaken tried and tried to think. Maybe it was Estrella? He had been attacking her… So, maybe all this was because of her. Nothing was adding up in his eyes. Whatever Hades was doing was nonsense. Jaken didn't know just how deep and personal Hades took his hatred, and how long he had been holding it in.

Once more, Hades started to laugh. Was he going to listen to an Auror? How absurd! Hades found this too funny, but he would really need to step it up to get Jaken to attack. Hades smirked, “It was never about them, it was about you. It has always been about you. Just messing with Estrella was just to get to you. If it were about her, then I would have done so much more to her pretty body than put bruises on it.” The atmosphere started to cool down considerably. The night sky darkened as some starts poked out to greet the brothers and the two older men standing to watch over them. Hades continued, his words like daggers in the American air, “I don’t see why you are so upset about this all. I mean, you spend most of your time at the Ministry. Go in in the morning, and get off – well, late at night. Olivia has been browing up and all your eyes have seen is paperwork.”

Hades chuckled, if that didn’t piss Jaken off, Hades would have to deliver the first blow himself. “It is sad to think that Olivia has been spending more time with me than you, your own daughter. You aren’t a father. You aren’t worth that title, *****. Olivia is better off, without you.”

All Jaken wanted to do now was take that Death Eater and send him to Azkaban. This was all just too much. Anger overpowered Jaken tremendously, fueling his every pore and ligament. He dropped the bag he had bought and glared at Hades. With the newly found bravery and anger, Jaken dove in for the attack. His right hand curled into a fist as Jaken rushed in. With righteous anger, Jaken swung his fist at Hades, aiming toward the jaw. The punch was a powerful one, and dots of sweat from anger and terror decorated his brow. Jaken could only hope it would connect. This was what Hades wanted, even Jaken knew, but could the Death Eater predict a physical fight and not a magical duel? Jaken hoped not.

A refreshing wave of sick satisfaction washed over Hades as Jaken so mindlessly dove in for a punch. Hades pinpointed the weight on what leg as he moved his body around to have the punch ultimately miss. Though the fist scrapped Hades’ shoulder. He ignored it long enough to pull one move that Jaken would not see coming. Hades’ hand that was not connected to the shoulder came up and clinched the back of Jaken’s eck. Hades used gravity, Jaken’s weight and his own strength to slam Jaken on the ground, face first.

Hades knelt down to continue to have a tight hold on Jaken. “I don’t which is more pathetic: you or the Aurors. You think you can beat me? It is truly sad. You aren’t the firstborn. You are barely worth the air you breathe.” Hades released Jaken from his grip, and he stood up straight. Hades started to laugh. It was interesting to see an Auror down, caused by a Death Eater in training no less. “We aren’t going to have a meaningful conversation now are we.” Hades was planning on having some fun with Jaken. And Jaken will not be in one piece after Hades is through. This was just getting more and more fun by each passing second. It wasn't everyday that you get to fight an Auror and know that you will come out the victor.

Time seemed to slow down to milliseconds. Jaken missed Hades’ jaw but made little contact with Hades’ shoulder. Surely that maniac would feel some pain. Jaken felt chills of fear tickle his spine as Hades’ put his gloved hand on his neck. Jaken then felt a rush of air, and a painful impact. Jaken felt his knees scrape the ground. The child-like injuries brought licks of hot pain, but Jaken ignored it as his pulse quickened. Adrenaline kicked in. “The conversation will never happen,” wheezed Jaken as he stood up. “The damage you have done is unforgivable!” Jaken quickly flourished his wand and pointed it at Hades. Jaken used this moment to think of a spell and he fired ‘Reducto’ at Hades. The spell traveled toward Hades at incredible speed. This was a thoughtless maneuver and hard to locate. Hopefully, since that punch failed, this spell won't.

The spell was a direct hit. Hades felt the spell hit him in his chest. He was sent flying back a good twenty feet. Landing on his back, Hades felt his anger grow. He had not expected this to be magical, not so soon. Jaken took the coward’s way to fight, to truly fight. Hades hissed in Russian, “I see how it will be.” Hades put his hand inside his coat. He retrieved his wand before standing up. He was not pissed off – yet. He wouldn’t be for a while anyway. Only allowing one spell to come to mind. Hades countered with a strong banishing charm. It would take a miracle to keep him from killing Jaken. Slowly, fury began to consume Hades all starting from his blacken soul. Jaken needed to be prepared. Hades was just getting started.

Jaken felt a wave of relief wash over him as he saw Hades receive the blow. To see Hades even appear human was enough to bring up Jaken’s confidence. However, Hades counter was a simple – yet effective, spell. Jaken was forced back, his back and head smashing into a wall behind him, into the dead end. The hit was strong enough for Jaken to see stars, almost literally. Jaken’s hands clinched his head as his vision spun from the blow and he crumbled to his knees. He needed to get prepared, and fast. But it was hard to fight when the ground felt like a roller coaster ride. This made him too distracted to feel the upcoming blow.

Hades smirked in pleasure when Jaken was blasted back. The Death Eater could not help but wince at how heavy Jaken hit his head against the wall. No matter though. Hades needed to get Jaken to get offensive. Get him less like a wuss. Hades approached Jaken with a smirk on his face. He bent down to eye level and placed his hand on Jaken’s head. “Aw, can’t fight your own blood? You know, I could always have Estrella take your place. Would you like that? Hearing her screaming, seeing her blood on the floor? I wouldn’t think so.” Hades stood up straight, and took his hand off Jaken’s head. Hades then kicked Jaken in the jaw with his foot and equally strong force behind his leg.

The jaw would be sore no doubt. Hades smirked and he murmured, “You think you can win? How dismal you are. Come on, fight me.” Hades began to walk around his prey, like a tiger – or panther in his case. “Get up and be a man.” Hades purred, still walking around. “Give Olivia something to brag about – considering her father is a coward. It is better to die a hero than die a recreant. Prove yourself a hero tonight, Auror. Prove to everyone that Aurors are nothing more than little boys playing superhero.” Hades mocked every being of Aurors. The sky reflected what was in Hades’ eyes – blackness. Hades switched from the wand that was made for him to the unfamiliar wand – Alexander Moon’s wand.

The kick to the face hurt like hell. Jaken had known fear before, but there was something about this night, it truly made Jaken want to run. His body landed on the ground, and Jaken tried to apparate out. But he couldn’t! There was no running, Jaken was trapped. He had to fight, and this snapped in Jaken’s mind. New adrenaline pumped out into Jaken’s bloodstream. It gave him courage and strength, more so than before due to the realization that he had to stay, he had to fight. Maybe with this, he eventually could beat Hades. A little bit of blood seeped from Jaken’s lips. He was able to move his jaw a bit. It wasn’t broken, that was a good sign. Jaken slowly rose to his feet. The adrenaline fixed his vision and all pain felt nonexistent. He had to fight, he had to. It was either that or die. Jaken gripped his wand as he said, “If a fight is what you want, then a fight you will have!” Jaken hurled his fist at Hades’ face, but what Jaken also planned was a sneak attack. Jaken had also fired a silent ‘Reducto’ as he moved toward Hades. Jaken did not want to lost to Hades. He just could not.

Hades smirked when Jaken finally grew a backbone, thus causing Hades to put the wand away. The punch was of course seen. With a large gloved hand, Hades stopped Jaken’s fist. The force caused Hades to be moved back a few inches. Glancing down, he noticed Jaken’s wand, spell about to be cast, aimed at his abdomen. Hades thought quickly. With his forearm, the arm not blocking Jaken’s punch, Hades moved the wand. The spell fired and blasted into the brick wall. Hades had no idea what to expect from that. Walls were not read as easily as people and actions caused by walls and their debris was impossible to calculate.

Dust clouded the area, and debris flew everywhere. A large chunk of brick zoomed from the wall. It crashed into Hades’ side. A spasm of pain washed over Hades as the brick landed on the ground with a thud. Out of instinct, Hades backed from Jaken, his left hand clinching his side. The dust blinded his eyesight of Jaken. Hades used this moment to ponder if he was bleeding. Rising his gloved hand to his face, he saw it. Red liquid dotted his hand. By the time Hades glanced up, it was too late to stop the next occurrence.

Jaken was shocked when the spell missed Hades. Was he really that readable? Jaken jumped back when Hades not only released his grip but when a piece of brick flew toward him. Luckily, it missed. Jaken covered his eyes for a moment so the dust would not harm him. That would be much worse. Jaken gazed through the dust to see Hades injured. This was his chance. Now or never. Jaken could see the outline of Hades’ figure in the slowly dissipating dust. The Auror rushed forward and with both hands, Jaken clinched heavy black cloth which was Hades’ trenchcoat. Jaken used his brute strength to slam Hades into the wall. Jaken was not the smartest in fighting. He was far too impulsive and did not plan anything. Jaken should have found a pressure point or rendered Hades helpless – which now Hades was anything but.

Hades’ eyes glanced over his hand just in time to see – before feeling – Jaken came forward and slammed him into the side wall. His head cracked against the brick, and his vision appeared to dance for a few seconds. His eyes flicked to stare at Jaken. The location of his silver eyes were enough. Hades uttered, “Fool.” Fury soon consumed Hades’ mind. Jaken was sussessful; he just pissed off Hades. Hades’ gloved hand snatched Jaken’s throat, cutting off the precious gas of life, Jaken’s oxygen. “When you want to render someone helpless, pin their arms back or locate a pressure point.” Hades used his own strength to slam Jaken against the ground. Hades backed from Jaken and aimed Alexander’s Moon wand once more. Hades needed to get serious. Hades aimed his wand at Jaken and he hissed, “Avada Kedavra!” A jet of beautiful green light exploded from the tip of the wand and sped toward the Auror.

Jaken gasped when Hades started to choke him with one hand. Hades was stronger than he realized. Was Hades giving him…advice? Seemed rather pointless now, doesn’t it? Wind filled his ears as the ground vanished from beneath his feet. The hand that did cut off his oxygen soon released him as Jaken’s back collided with the hard ground. It almost seemed unreal. As soon as he was able to breathe in, it was knocked out of him. Time seemed to slow. While Hades stepping back, Jaken started to cough from lack of air. Then it came. A brilliant green light. It was gorgeous and it was lit up Jaken’s silver eyes. The man was barely able to escape the spell. The spell hit the ground and roared with green flames before vanishing. The flames did not teach Jaken’s body thankfully. He stood up slowly, and glared at Hades. “Whatever you have against me, sorry! But fighting me won’t solve your problems! I’m sorry for whatever I did!” Jaken was torn up. He was almost killed, by his brother, his mind and body could take so much.

The night sky made it hard for people not like him to see. Yet another advantage for the Death Eater. Hades snorted, “Am I an idiot? I know what you Auror’s plan. Pretend to not want to fight anymore, play on weaknesses to win. I know you plan on throwing me in Azkaban the moment I stop, and Jaken, that will never happen.” Hades couldn’t see the fact that Jaken really did want to stop the fighting. Jaken never had to dodge the Killing Curse, and Hades was still irked. He would never fall to that Auror’s plans. “Words of mockery, words of lies. You will not make it past sunrise…in one piece that is,” Hades spoke, his voices nothing short of a dark nursery rhyme. Hades saw that Jaken has hid wand still, and Hades had yet to let go of his. With thoughts of horror and terror in his mind, Hades was ready. Hades knew where to hit as well. Hades released a ‘Sectumsempra’ just as the darkness commanded. The darkness wanted blood, and Jaken’s blood will spill, as the spell made its way to reopen the wound Drake put on Jaken a while back.

What kind of man was Hades? Could he not be compromised with? Jaken would do anything to not die, never see his children, family and wife again. Jaken gasped in pain when the curse nipped his shoulder, blood staining his white shirt. It was just a flesh wound however. If the curse was verbal, it would have been a lot stronger as well. Jaken felt the wave of intense pain and just knew this was a serious duel. If Hades wanted to rip Jaken apart, so be it. Even though all he wanted was to live. He would just have to fight, and stay alive. The extra blood pumping through his system gave Jaken the energy to ignore his pain. Without thinking, Jaken didn’t take his time to think of a spell. One that should help. “Locomotor rock!” Jaken used his magic to hurl a rather large chunk of wall on the ground to send at Hades. Jaken hoped it would hit and from the direction he had sent it in, Hades should fly right into the wall. Jaken added, “Expelliarmus!” in hopes that Hades would be somewhat harmless. The would still ripped as some of his shoulder muscles was used.

The spell was a success. Blood filled the air and Hades adored it. It drove his senses wild. He was mildly distracted. Because of this distract, it was possible for Jaken’s attack to throw him off guard. The large rock crashed into Hades’ ribs, and the spell sent Moon’s wand flying in another direction. Pain unlike any other filled Hades’ body and nerves. From the force of the rock, Hades had no control. He went crashing into the brick wall. Under his weight, the wall dented somewhat. His face twisted with anger and pain. The rock did some serious damage to his ribs. But for now, he would not worry about himself. The job had to be handled a different way. Jaken already knew about the second wand. Hades had to work with what he had. Both of his gloved hands went into his trenchcoat. The next attack was crucial. It had to happen, or else he might end up being restrained.

Jaken pinned Hades against the brick wall. His hands were upon Hades’ upper arms. Jaken took some of Hades’ advice. He wanted not be choked again. Hopefully, Jaken could talk some sense into him. Jaken pleaded, “Hades, listen to me! I won’t turn you in. I know that you will not stop until I am dead, if you know I was going to send you to Azkaban. But we are both dads, we are both happy with our families. If something happened to one of us, the other would have a burden of a broken family on the others’ shoulders. Let’s stop fighting, and think of the families.” Jaken told the truth, and he only prayed Hades had the compassion in him to think of his own family. Jaken’s shoulder screamed in protest. Jaken was slowly breaking down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back