Bi-Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Kalif Styx

transfig 5-7 † patriarch

OOC First Name
Ghost
Sorry this is a little late, due to the fact I am sick. Anyway, we have a lot going on, so take your time in reading this because it will be a long one!
Quidditch
Quidditch try outs are now live! If you want to play in the amazing game of Quidditch, you will need to go post in the try out, and then log in periodically for games. You can find the try outs here:</COLOR>
[ul][li]Gryffindor
[li]<COLOR color="darkgoldenrod">Hufflepuff</LI>
[li]Ravenclaw
[li]Slytherin[/li][/ul]
Sorting: Closing Soon
Sorting will be wrapping up soon enough, so if you haven't sorted, might want to get on that train now! Getting a late start with first years can be a little hectic, but do not be discouraged! Give in to the temptation to sort, and come here for the information on sorting!
Transfers: Closed
Transfer applications have been processed, so if you have not logged in to view to see if your application has been accepted or not, you should do so. If you have been accepted, yay! If not, then it is wise to make adjustments, make them eleven and sort them as first years, or try again next year.
First Semester: Beginning
The first semester has officially started! That means that professors will need to get on their lessons, and students, you need to sign up for your classes (except first and second years, yours are automatic). That means that you will need to buy books and other requirements that the classrooms may have. And as always, have fun!
First of the Year Meetings
With the new term comes new meetings. And we have a lot in store. We have the Start of the Year Feast, which we encourage everyone to join if they can, and then there are the mandatory house meetings. All four have been posted, so you will need to check your respective houses to see where they are at. There might be a surprise or two in store. For your convenience, I have the links for you right here:
[ul][li]Start of the Year Feast
[li]Gryffindor
[li]Hufflepuff
[li]Ravenclaw
[li]Slytherin[/li][/ul]
Ghosts
The Ghosts have been 'hired' out and you can see them RPing! Their identities are to remain secret, so RPers, don't try to wiggle the ghosts out of hiding, but feel free to RP with them! You have the mysterious Dark Rider (I think I can't remember really) to Professor Wright! It has been a while since these ghosts have been seen, so take full advantage of it!
There is also a pesky new poltergeist at the school, so beware your open topics! (Actually, make them all open for hilarity)
New Professors: Hired
We have three new professors that have been hired on! We would like to welcome aboard Professor Phaedra Kazuyuki, Professor Wren Louise, and Professor Michelle Castor! Good luck to you all, and hope to see you all around the board and RPing with students and other professors!
Clubs
There has been a club fair announced to gain support for the clubs! So, if you are a leader of a club, you should make your way down there to gain members, but if you don't, then just post with a student that wants to be in a club, or is already to help out the leaders! You can find it here.
With clubs in mind, SDA is hosting a tournament this year, leaving sign ups for the tournament early, and looks like the duels will be held at the end of the first semester, but after Yule Ball (because who would want to duel when they could be dancing with their sweetheart?). You can sign up and read all about the tournament here.
In case you guys haven't noticed, we have nixed three clubs due to lack of activity (Muggle Sports, Club Academia and Conglomerated Arts). The forums for the clubs have been moved elsewhere, except for the Conglomerated Arts room. It is a forum where students can go in order to celebrate their artistic talents. Any who, if you have an idea for a new, fresh club, PM an administrator.
Finally, Accio! has put together the threads that are needed for your pictures, and looks as though Accio! is trying to go all gifs! One page at a time! So, be sure to read carefully about which club and thread will have gifs instead of regular pictures. You can find the threads here. With that in mind, Accio! staff, the forum has been set up for the beginning of the year.
Prefects and Head People
We have our new prefects and head people promoted! Here they are in case you don't know!
[ul][li]Clara Antolini
[li]Vladimir Zhefarovich
[li]Prudence Armstead
[li]Vulcan Zhefarovich
[li]Marcel Haynes
[li]Keye Hayes
[li]Paige Hardy
[li]Isaiah Jeffreys
[li]Alexia Nightray
[li]Lucien Snow[/li][/ul]

Roleplay Roulette: Active
Roleplay Roulette sign ups are now closed and the pairings have been posted! If you haven't seen the topic then you need to come here to see it! If you did not join up for it, sorry but there will be future ones for you to sign up on. Remember, when you are posting your roulette topic, use the "Roleplay Roulette" in the description so that everyone knows that you are RPing what you were chosen to!
Applications: Opened
Applications are open for all to apply, in case you haven't noticed. Although, please be patient with your application responses. They will come in a timely manner, and will be worth the wait.
Calendar
If you have a look at the handy, dandy calendar, you will see that the administrators have updated it thoroughly for your convenience. The Quidditch games should be added in due time, as well. So, be on the lookout for that!​
[ul][li]The Cabbage Patch Baby
Two little goblins get a big surprise, but the baby's not out in the vegie patch.
[li]I brought the Botanical Gardens to you!
Seven years and a little baby girl; it's about time these two tied the knot. However, is a proposal the only surprise about to be revealed in the beautiful floral lounge room?
[li]Y25 Club Fair
The Professors of HNZ decide to throw a Club Fair to try and boost activity to the Clubs!
[li]Song Of Children
Nathanial Hayes-Magonus will find himself invited to dinner by Agatha Bathory.
Too bad he's the main course.
[li]Every King Needs Her Crown
Professor Ava King is a very busy woman, especially at the beginning of the year.
Vex is a very bored poltergeist.
Should be fun.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Madness of RP Roulette
[li]Prefects Meeting
[li]Plots
<LI>[li]Classes
[/li][/ul]Anyway, that's all! If you have any comments, questions or concerns, just post them below.

~ Kaitlyn
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks for the update though I am disappointed about muggle sports club.

So much happening!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the ghosts around the castle (and Vex, of course :r ). It's so cool that they've been brought back.

Welcome to the new Professors! The new gradebook system isn't as scary as it looks, promise (or maybe I'm just easily intimidated by lots of buttons). Actually, it's really awesome :party: And I can't wait to RP with y'all.

Sometimes I want to complain about how much trouble it is to find the perfect pictures for Accio, and then I remember how much time and effort you guys put into it and I stop moaning at once :r I'm really excited to see more gifs in it.

Congratulations to the new Head People and Prefects! Hopefully none of these will get put on probation :r

ROLEPLAY ROULETTE YAS! I'm psyched to see the plots that will come out of this. It's such a great way for people to RP with those they might not have RP'd with much before.

I nearly spat out my drink when I read the description for 'Song of Children' =)) With every new post I practically yell 'Noooo Nate, noooo!' at my screen, but he doesn't listen :correct:

Thanks for the update, Kaitlyn, and I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Very excited to work on the Accio!

Thanks for the update Kaitlyn!

Professor Monty Pendleton said:
I nearly spat out my drink when I read the description for 'Song of Children' =)) With every new post I practically yell 'Noooo Nate, noooo!' at my screen, but he doesn't listen :correct:
You are an adult, Nate does not have time for your warnings. :r
Wonderful update! :hug:

Thanks for posting this update, Kaitlyn! :)

Start of year stuff is always fun!!

Oh man, this year is gonna be killer... :r

Great update! Thank you :)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back