OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Welcome to the Bi-Weekly Update and (you guessed it) I'm late again.
Let's run through some of the things happening on the board right now that you can get involved in, or information that it's important for you to know.

Sorting is Closed!
We let it run for a bit longer than usual, but at the end of sorting we sorted a total of 67 new first years.
The finalized stats for Y17 are:
[ul][li]Gryffindor: 19</LI>
[li]Slytherin: 17
[li]Ravenclaw: 16
[li]Hufflepuff: 15[/li][/ul]So what I'm saying is: If Gryffindor doesn't win the house cup again this year they've got no excuse. :glare:
Holiday Forums (Finally) Closed - Brightstone Weekend Continuing
Students can no longer post in holiday forums (all around the wizarding world, etc.) - however it is the middle of a Brightstone weekend so those forums remain able to be posted in until the weekend.
If your student character has any roleplays in Brightstone right now, you should start thinking about wrapping them up, too. :)
Quidditch: Tryouts are Done!
Quidditch tryouts for the Hogwarts teams are all over - the captains would like to thank everybody who tried out and congratulate everybody who made their team. I'm sure an exciting season of Quidditch is ahead.
On another note, tryouts for the Beauxbatons Quidditch team are still open. If a Beauxbatons team can be put together, a Hogwarts New Zealand/Beauxbatons exhibition game would be put together next. ^_^
If you're interested in trying out for the Beauxbatons team, check out the topic here.
Week 4 of Lessons!
It's difficult to believe, but we're already in the middle of the fourth week of lessons.
If you want your character to get awesome grades and tonnes of house points, try to keep up as well as you can. :)

Applications are Caught Up
All applications submitted on or before the 19[sup]th[/sup] of January now have a response!
If you had an application pending, be sure to check the account that submitted the application for your reply.
We'd like to thank everybody for their patience over the holiday season. ^_^

On another note about applications: Keep in mind that we have to read all of the applications we receive (sometimes multiple times each). As such, if you could keep your applications brief that would aid us in processing them. Don't miss crucial details, but don't ramble or repeat yourself several times, either.
Cyndi needs a new avatar! If you think Cyndi's awesome (and let's be honest - who doesn't?) why not take the time to submit an avatar in the competition?
No graphic skills required! Nothing could look worse than mine, so you don't have anything to lose!
The competition is open here.
Bombs Stormed
We started and finished our fourth round of bomb storm.
Congratulations to Payal for surviving the storm, an honourable mention to the formidable team of Amy & Connor, and a "thanks for being good sports" to all of our prisoners this round. :)

Highlighting plots is a great way to let your fellow members know something cool is happening with your characters - so I'd encourage everybody to take advantage of highlighting plots.
If you don't have anything cool going on, but you've read another awesome RP feel free to highlight it, as well.
Now, the highlights for this fortnight are:[ul][li]Wake Up and Smell the Broomstick
Jai, unhappy about being kept back a year and desperate to take the anger out on someone, starts a fight of epic proportions with Artemis, the younger Slytherin Prefect. The verbal battle degenerates into a quidditch round that'll tear down some pride and hopefully some barriers. In progress!
[li]Who Is Meaner?
A little adventure to clear the mind takes a turn for the worst for Hufflepuff student, Ai Edogawa as she bumped into Liam Nightray. Threatening to tell the Heads of House that she was in the Forbidden Forest, Liam had made good use of Ai's impulsiveness as she agreed to be the boy's puppet, to be willing to obey his every command.
[li]Bludger to the Heart
Faxen Lowart connects with a familiar face after suffering a break-up with her long-time boyfriend, Dymetris Kozlov. Faxen has more in common with Jeremy Thorne than she thinks as they discover that they both had relationships that ended around the same time. Will the two be spending more time together, or was this just a one time meeting?
[li]Just Like A Tattoo
After a devastating break-up, Faxen Lowart is just not herself. Her best friend, Lawrence Andrew Cavell, comes in to save the day and cheer her up. However, the evening does not go exactly as planned...
[li]Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
After being together for so long, one makes a break for it unexpectedly.
[li]Flame On
Athena, heartbroken over a break up, sets fire to a note that gets out of hand. A professor comes in to intervene, but even worse shows up when none other than Professor Styx arrives
[li]Your Plot Here
Yes, this list can get even longer! Click above to highlight your plot (or your favourite recent plot) for next update![/li][/ul]

[ul][li]The Halloween Feast!
[li]Graphics Competition Voting
[li]Quidditch!
<LI>[li]Another game of Werewolf, led by our very own Camillapants[/li][/ul]

That's all I've got for this week.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them here, as always.

~Nick
(on behalf of the site staff)

Thaaankss Niiickkkk

Thanks for the update, Nick!

Artemis Jackson said:
If only Durmstrang had tryouts. D:
I'm sure if the Beauxbatons team works out and the exhibition game goes well that a Durmstrang team would be the next logical step. :)

Great Update Nick :D
I am so excited hoping Meera would make into the Qudditch team in Beauxbatons until I realize she's the only one who has tried out so far :correct:
Yay for Gryffindor to be back in the game for the house cup ^_^

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back