Attention Writers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia Barker

Founder
Well, this is something I've been wanting to do for some time now and I finally have a little bit of free time to organize it. A long time ago I had a goal that all the books in the library as well as those for sale in Flourish and Blotts, could be actually read by us. I've written three of them (and will post them in the library) and now I need your help. I will post a list of the books that need written. This is to be handled seriously as if you were the author (not your character). If you see a book you might be interested in, please send me a PM with the book title and I will let you know if the book is available and in some cases I will have a brief explanation of what should be included in the book. Again, only serious writers are needed. Thanks in advance for all your cooperation; if this works it could be a great deal of fun for everyone!

"Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century"
"Armando Dippet: Master or Moron?" by Rita Skeeter

"Uric the Oddball" by Radolphus Pittiman
"He Flew Like a Madman" by Kennilworthy Whisp
"Notable Magical Names of Our Time"

"Break With a Banshee" by Gilderoy Lockhart
"Gadding with Ghouls" by Gilderoy Lockhart
"Holiday's With Hags" by Gilderoy Lockhart
"Magical Me" by Gilderoy Lockhart
"Who Am I?" by Gilderoy Lockhart
"Year With the Yeti" by Gilderoy Lockhart

"Fowl or Foul? A Study of Hippogriff Brutality"
"Dreadful Denizens of the Deep"

"Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit"
"From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper's Guide"
"Men Who Love Dragons Too Much"

"Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed"
"Curses and Counter-Curses (Bewitch Your Friends and Befuddle Your Enemies with the Latest Revenges: Hair Loss, Jelly-Legs, Tongue-Tying, and Much, Much More)" by Professor Vindictus Viridian
"A Compendium of Common Curses and their Counter-Actions"
"Jinxes for the Jinxed"

"The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts"
"The Dark Arts Outsmarted"
"Practical Defensive Magic: It's Use Against the Dark Arts"
"The Shadows Uncovered: Make Them Your Home and Your Enemies' Nightmare"

"Charm Your Own Cheese" by Gerda Catchlove
"Enchantment in Baking"
"One Minute Feasts-It's Magic!"

"The Beaters' Bible" by Brutus Scrimgeour
"Beating the Bludgers--A Study of Defensive Strategies in Quidditch" by Kennilworthy Whisp
"Flying With the Cannons"
"He Flew Like a Madman" by Kennilworthy Whisp
"The Noble Sport of Warlocks" by Quintius Umfraville
"Wonder of the Wigtown Wanderers" by Kennilworthy Whisp
"Which Broomstick"

"An Appraisal of Magical Education in Europe"
"An Anthology of Eighteenth Century Charms"
"Enchanted Encounters" by Fifi LaFolle
"Famous Fire Eaters"
"Fashion Over the Centuries"
"Fifteenth Century Fiends"
"Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century"
"A Guide to Magical Protection"
"A Guide to Medieval Sorcery"
"Handbook of Do-It-Yourself Broom Care"
"Important Modern Magical Discoveries"
"Invisible Book of Invisibility"
"Madcap Magic for Wacky Warlocks"
"Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy"
"Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes"
"Prefects Who Gained Power"
"Saucy Tricks for Tricky Sorts"
"A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry"
"The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Runic edition)"
"Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried" by Gulliver Pokeby
"Weird Wizarding Dilemmas and Their Solutions"
"Where There's a Wand, There's a Way"
"Wizarding Fashions of the Here and Now"

((The required books for classes will be offered to the Professors first, then from there it will be offered to the public))

Oooh, I'd love to write "Harry Potter: The Boy Who Lived or the Boy Who Lied?" by Rita Skeeter, if that's OK?

Athene Perthro said:
Oooh, I'd love to write "Harry Potter: The Boy Who Lived or the Boy Who Lied?" by Rita Skeeter, if that's OK?
Yes, that's okay; but technically you were supposed to PM me. :) Go ahead and get started. Keep me posted on your progress and make sure you research the book (including any quotes or whatever might have been mentioned in the books); the harry potter lexicon is a great source. When you've finished, PM me the book and I will look it over before it's posted. Thanks for your offer and good luck! I can't wait to read it! :)

Ah this cool!! I'm so in for this!!

I just pm you Alicia :D

I"d be very interested in doing this! :D

Alicia Barker said:
If you see a book you might be interested in, please send me a PM with the book title and I will let you know if the book is available and in some cases I will have a brief explanation of what should be included in the book.
I believe Alicia wants you to PM her and not reply in this thread.

Is there somewhere that we can make up our own stories (not rping) just by ourselves? and post them in the library? :D

How long would the books have to be? Like a couple of hundred pages or just about five or six? ie. Is it the size of a real book, because that would take AGES and would use a LOT of site memory.

Robin: So far no, but as time goes by that might happen.

Lemina: Look at the books currently in the library for an example. Pretty much the length will be up to the author as long as all information is there. Sometimes I will also give you some additional information that should be in a book. :)

"I would love to write the standard book of spells. I have already contacted you yet there is still something that still needed to be discussed.

Sebastien Black said:
"I would love to write the standard book of spells. I have already contacted you yet there is still something that still needed to be discussed.
Please read the above section where I state that the Professors will have the chance to write their required books first. As far as I know, most of the Professors plan to write their own books. There are still a couple books on different charms that are available from the list above; perhaps you could choose one of those? :unsure:

well may I take charge of helping by writing:

"Prodigious Protective Spells of Paramount Importance"
and
"The Healer's Helpmate"

Sebastien Black said:
well may I take charge of helping by writing:

"Prodigious Protective Spells of Paramount Importance"
and
"The Healer's Helpmate"
Technically you're supposed to PM me about that.... ;-) But okay. If you'd like those two then go ahead!! :) I'll take them off the list. :)

I'd love to write "A Compendium of Common Curses and their Counter-Actions" or "Jinxes for the Jinxed", if it were okay. I'm kind of good at writing, and I have some spare time, so I'd love to do this. So if it were okay...

And I know I was meant to PM but there's something wrong with the PM for me and I can't PM for some reason.

Joshua Davis said:
I'd love to write "A Compendium of Common Curses and their Counter-Actions" or "Jinxes for the Jinxed", if it were okay. I'm kind of good at writing, and I have some spare time, so I'd love to do this. So if it were okay...

And I know I was meant to PM but there's something wrong with the PM for me and I can't PM for some reason.
The Pm system was down for a bit, but now that it is back up again you could try again to PM you request :D

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back