Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah was beyond exhausted of sitting on wooden benches to eat her meals or study. You would think that after all these years of the school existing, someone would have figured out a more comfortable seating situation. She stood at the head of the Ravenclaw table and stared at the front of the Hall towards the Staff Table. Noticing a spacious corner of the room near the front, she grabbed a roll after the Ravenclaw Table and made her way to secure her spot on the cool, stone floor. She took a book, "To Kill a Mockingbird," out of her bag and began to read as she pinched off pieces of the soft bread.

Alice entered the great hall and immediately scanned it for any of her friends. She was dying to catch up with Ava, Vader, or Emily. And wouldn't mind a moment to chat with Phineas either. But as she looked around, she was startled to see a young girl sitting on the floor in one of the corners of the room. Alice stared for a moment, wondering why she was doing that. She seemed fine, at ease even with a book. But both curious and a bit concerned, Alice made her way over. "Hi, are you unsure about where your house table is?" She asked, though she couldn't imagine how that would've happened. The girl should've been at her house table after the sorting. "Sorry if I'm disturbing you." She added after a pause, as she realized the girl had probably decided to sit here by choice. Even first years wouldn't be that lost and confused, she didn't think.

Adorah looked up at the girl asking her a question and gave a little laugh. "You're not disturbing me. I just was tired of sitting at a table where I didn't have anyone to talk to. I figured this corner was okay instead... that's a little odd, isn't it?" She was sure the girl thought she was odd for her actions and decided to stand up and introduce herself. The stranger looked her age or at least not much older than Adorah was. "My name is Adorah, what's yours? Are you in Ravenclaw, as well?" Maybe that's why she felt compelled to come over and wonder why she wasn't sitting at a table. Adorah picked up her bag from the floor as she waited for a response.

Alice was a little bit surprised by the girl's answer, but quickly shook her head when she said it was odd. Then she paused. "Maybe a little, but there's nothing wrong with odd." She then said cheerfully. Alice was ready to go sit down on the ground with the girl so she would feel less alone, but at that point the younger girl stood up on her own. Alice shook her head at the girl's question, smiling. "I'm in Hufflepuff, actually. My name is Alice. I like Adorah, that's a cute name." She had never heard it before, but she really did think it was nice. "If you want to sit here on the floor, I can sit with you." She offered, a grin forming on her face. "I've never seen the great hall from this angle, so I actually think it's pretty interesting. If you want some company, that is."

Adorah looked at Alice as she offered to sit on the floor with her. Not only did she find the seats particularly uncomfortable, but she also didn't have many people to sit with at her table... or anybody, really. She clutched her bag and bit her lip. "Are you sure? I don't want people to judge you. I actually wouldn't mind having somebody to talk to while I eat lunch, but maybe we could go sit at a table together?" She looked at the floor and kicked her foot around as she suggested the idea. Would Alice actually be interested in being friends with her, a weird first year choosing to sit on the floor rather than interacting with her fellow peers?

Alice could tell she had made the girl feel embarrassed by questioning her seating choices, and felt bad about it. The girl suggested they sit at a table together. "We can do that next time." She said with a smile, then sat on the floor next to where the girl had been sitting. She patted the floor. "I'd like to try this out." She said with a grin. "And it means you have somebody to talk to,and I do too! I'd be happy to chat for a while." She realized she hadn't actually grabbed any food, but then decided that didn't matter. She could do that later. For now, she wanted to make this girl feel at ease.

Adorah glanced at Alice and smiled as she sat down on the floor next to where she had just been. Maybe there was the possibility of making friends at this school. She sat back down next to Alice and took her bag off her shoulder, continuing to tear pieces off her roll. She stared at the crowd of students sitting at the tables and wondered if this was even allowed - sitting on the floor. She wondered if the Headmistress would frown on their behavior. This older student, though, had agreed to sit with her. It must not be too unforgivable if someone who knew the lay of the land was agreeing to partake. "So, you're in Hufflepuff? What year are you?" she asked finishing the roll in her hand. She wished she had grabbed more food before she sat down, as she was actually quite hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back