Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Lauren walked into the great hall with mixed feelings. It was her ever last Valentines Dance. But she would spend it alone. She thought of Aonghas as she was here. And tried to picture all the things they had done together here. She had been having an nice food competition with Daintree an Slytherin prefect and she had been laughing and having fun after an long time. But that had been short and she was here alone. She walked towards the food an drink table to have something and watched the people dancing, the couples making out. And rolled her eyes for an moment. She noticed Daintree with an Gryffindor girl and wondered if they were dating. She took an sip of her drink and than spotted her head of house standing close. Smiling for an moment, as she saw him. Figuring she could at least talk to him. '' Hello Professor. Enjoying tonight?'' She than asked him.

Landon did not initially have any plans on going to the Valentine's Day dance. He had never been before and didn't want to surround himself with love lust teenagers. He also didn't want to intrude on their night and thought it would be a bad idea. He had told students that he wasn't going to show up, but last minute he decided that he would. He dressed in the only Tuxedo he had with him and made his way to the great hall trying not to be noticed by anyone. He simply wanted to see how the night went and would leave early, hopefully not being noticed by anyone. He stood in the corner, sipping away on some pumpkin juice, when a voice speaking to him made him jump a little. Perhaps it was harder than he thought to keep himself hidden. "Lauren!" he exclaimed, smiling back at her. He was glad to see her spending the night out. "Yes, yes, everything looks lovely. What about you?" He glanced around at all of the decorations, wondering if they always put this much effort into them.

Lauren watched her head of house and saw him being suprised or something. She didn't knew much of the man other than that he teached Herbology and was head of house. He knew more of her than she of him. But what she did knew was that he had an child. She asked herself how he would be as an father, how anyone else would be as an father than hers. Lauren was trying to not think to much of the trial that still would come. It made her nervous. She nodded for an moment and than smiled shortly. '' Yeah. Yeah.'' She than said. '' It's nice.'' She than said. Looking at people with dates feeling alone she than figured to have conversation further with her head of house if he didn't mind. '' Do you have someone you love at home?'' She than asked back. '' I mean it's Valentines ofcourse.'' She than added.

Landon never minded talking to his students, especially those in Hufflepuff, and so thought that perhaps it was a good thing that Lauren was talking to him. After all, he might as well enjoy the night while he could. As she asked him if he had someone he loved back home, he simply nodded. "Well yes of course I do - my wife and child. I sent my wife a bouquet of flowers this morning picked fresh from my garden beside the greenhouse." he told her, taking another sip of his pumpkin juice. "What about you? Is there anyone special in your life?" He didn't want to intrude too much and just hoped that Lauren didn't take the returned question the wrong way.

Lauren was wondering how her head of house would react to her question, she could ask stuff which wasn't ok to ask to an professor perhaps. But he answered back. He had an wife and child and she nodded as he spoke. '' That's very kind. She must love that. How old is your child?'' She than asked to him curiously. Ofcourse he knew a lot of plants so it was not hard to find flowers or something here. She thought at his question for an moment thinking of how alone she felt. And her face turned without emotion. '' No. Not really. No one.'' She than said as she looked back. Ofcourse he knew of her home situation and of Aonghas who was married. The only person she thought of was Daintree, but like an friend or something he had send her an rose after all. '' Strange that this is my last dance.'' She than explained and realized.

Landon smiled to himself when Lauren said his wife must love the flowers. He always made sure to give her some, despite the array of flowers that lived about their house, and he wasn't sure if he would ever stop. Flowers were always a very nice gesture, even if they didn't last very long. Lauren then asked how old his child was and he was happy to answer. "She's three and a half at the moment. Time flies by!" he exclaimed, thankful to have such an amazing family. As Lauren responded to his question, Landon simply nodded. It took people a while to find their significant other and so he understood what it was like. "Don't worry, you'll find someone." Landon reassured her. As she then went on to say it was her last dance, the man couldn't help but frown a little, but then tried to be positive. "Yeah well if you come back to Hogwarts as a professor there will be an endless amount of them!" He chuckled.

Lauren listened as the professor told about his child. The smile on his face made her concentrate on that. She wondered how that must feel if your father talked proud of you. And it was an painfull reminder that she never experianced that. But still she was curious and didn't got mad about that. When she was younger she could explode easily, but now she was older she could place stuff more and control her emotions. '' That's nice..'' She than answered. It was nice of him to say she would find someone. And than she thought of Aonghas, she did had find someone she liked and more than an friendship to her at the last but he went away and got married. '' I will be fine.'' The blonde than replied back. She grinned as he told her if she come back as an professor. There didn't seemed to be an chance she would. '' I guess that will never happen.'' She than said. This would be her last for sure she figured. And she could use an life in piece and calm for an while. Although she had no idea how her future must look. '' I have no clue what to do next to this..'' She than spoke of. A lot depended from what would happen in the trail.

Landon couldn't help but frown a little as Lauren seemed to doubt her ability to become a professor. "Of course that could happen! You could do anything you liked, really. Just pick your favourite subject and start from there!" he reassured her, hoping it may be something she might consider in the future. He simply nodded when she said that she didn't know what she wanted to do after school. Landon was fortunate enough that he knew exactly what he wanted to do at her age, but through watching others grow, he knew that it wasn't so easy for everyone else. "Well, what sort of things are you interested in? There's plenty of jobs out there for everyone. And if something doesn't tickle your fancy, you can always make something yourself." he suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back