Open Amateur Fortune Telling

Three green was supposed to be lucky, but Tres watched as Nicole pulled out Simons name for her instead. She would have much rather have someone she knew, but she wasn’t about to bow down to a challenge. Some of the other girls were already talking about whether or not they'd go through with asking their boy out, although wasn't that part of the fun? One of the younger ones laughed a little at the fact Tres had chosen Simon, but that only fuelled the fire that Tres wanted to prove herself brave enough to speak to someone like the Head Boy himself. She sat quietly listening to the others, smiling a little when Nicole got Lysander. She'd only spoken to the Gryffindor a few times before and while he seemed nice enough, she half imagined he would turn highlighter girl down so that he could attend with his owl again. "Look, you can do whatever you want, but I played a game and I intend to stick to it," Tres hopped off the table, standing up tall with a proud smile on her face, before glancing around the room to see if she could find the older Ravenclaw boy. "Be right back," she grinned, flicking her pink hair over her shoulder, and hoping that she was about to show the younger girls how it was done.

Nicole's jaw dropped open when Tres just up and went to ask Simon like it wasn't a big deal. She was envious of the girl's confidence though, trying not to giggle nervously as she watched Tres head over to the Ravenclaw table. "Oh my gosh she's actually doing it," She said in a hushed whisper, craning her neck to see the pair from across the hall and wishing she could read lips or something. "What if he actually said yes," She said, flapping a hand in case any of the other girls weren't paying attention to this development.

Even if Simon said no, Tres had still asked, and now Nicole would feel silly if she didn't ask out Lysander too. Clearly it wasn't a big deal to Tres, so why would Nicole make a big deal out of it either. "She's right though, I'm going to ask Lysander," Nicole said firmly, getting to her feet and walking determinedly over to the Gryffindor table. She resolutely did not look back at the other girls, hoping she wouldn't lose her nerve seeing if they were watching her before she could find Lysander.

Juniper watched as Tres made her way over to ask out Simon and couldn't help but giggle. She was surprised when Nicole also left to ask out Lysander and sighed. Maybe this was really happening. She looked over and noticed Ajaccio at the Ravenclaw table and pursued her lips. It was now and never, and she didn't want to seem like a coward in front of these new friends. She nodded at the girls and walked over to ask the third year out to the Ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back