Pheeb
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
13" Straight Holly Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather
Continued from here

Tres' heart was hammering in her chest, but she knew that a number of younger girls were probably watching her, so the third year was going to have to keep her most confident smile on her face as she headed across to the Ravenclaw table, wondering what on earth Simon was going to actually say. She'd seen the Head Boy around the school with a blonde with him sometimes, and a small part of Tres hoped that he would say no, although she was still looking forward to seeing how far she could get with her proposal. Tres hadn't really spoken to many of the older students, and she didn't really think Uno's friend Finn could really count since he still acted like a 12 year old sometimes. Trying her best to keep a smile planted on her face, and flicking her pink hair over her shoulder, she took a nervous seat next to the Head Boy at the Ravenclaw table, and did her best impression of Uno when she wanted bacon. Wide eyes and a smile as though butter wouldn't melt. "Hi," she said, trying to hide the blush on her cheeks. She wasn't really sure what she thought of the older boy, but remembering that a few people were looking at her from across the room, Tres knew she had to remain cool and composed. What would her sister do in a situation like this? Not that she'd seen her talk to many boys before, but she'd certainly seen her try to get what she wanted. "You're Simon, right?" she began, eyes sparkling as she looked up towards him.

SImon had been enjoying his quiet, peaceful meal, he’d had a book in front of him for quite a while and had just been slowly making his way through the pages it was taking about. He was keen to finish that book at some point during the day, so it was a good thing that he was pretty engrossed in the book. His attention and focus was almost slowly on the book. He didn’t even noticed the people coming and going next to him. It wasn’t like Charlotte wasn’t also busy with the work that she was needed to do for her various classes. He today, was taking a little break from all of the intense studying, to do a little bit more just reading, it was good to just read a little. He was therefore surprised as someone said Hi next to him in a manner that meant it was clearly for him. He looked up from his book and to the girl, who was certainly no Ravenclaw, and who had sat down next to him. He looked at her with a bit of a questioning look, perhaps she needed something from him. Perhaps she needed the head boy and was just sat next to him to ensure she got his attention. He nodded at the question, ”Yeah, Simon Vanity, head boy,” he gave a useless introduction she seemed to know who he was. The part veela smiled at her politely, ”Can I help you with something…..?” He said, leaving a space for the girl to introduce herself to him.

Tres' smile widened when Simon confirmed who he was, and the third year put one elbow up on the table as he was looking at her. Playing with her own pale pink hair in one hand, twirling it in her fingers, she listened as he asked if he could help with anything. "Actually you can." she said, trying to act as though she had some big plan up her sleeve, "I'm Tres. You probably know me as Uno's sister?" she began, wondering how high up her sisters reputation would carry her, before quickly continuing, "Or you know me through Emilia. Emilia Manning? She's one of the presidents for Heta Omega, I was her "little sister" last year so we're like this," she held up her free hand, crossing two fingers as though she and Emilia were really close. While she did consider herself a friend of the Hufflepuff, she did have to exaggerate a little bit. "I work with Evelyn Manning now, I'm one of her representatives," Surely Simon knew of Evelyn Manning? Boys would have had to have been blind not to notice the blonde, even if it had been a few years since she attended the school herself. Feeling as though Simon must have at least an idea of who she was at this point, the third year carried on. "Anyway, I thought it would be a great idea if we went to the Yule Ball together." she suddenly sat up straight, features slightly more serious, "Obviously I don't mean I want to date you, but think about it. You're Head Boy... I'm.. I, have connections. I think the Yule Ball is the perfect chance for us to discuss ideas," she smiled sweetly, hoping he'd say yes just so that she could return to her group of new friends and tell them she was attending with the most important boy in the school. They didn't need to know the real reason of how Tres had tried to convince him, as long as she could show them she was successful in getting what she wanted.

Simon was a little surprised when she said that he could help her and she introduced herself, saying she was the sister of someone else, ”I don’t know who Uno is,” Simon answered fairly bluntly, but she went on to talk about how she was the little sister of Emilia Manning, whom he only knew because she was fairly high up in school circles and because of his own sister he knew her from Evelyn. He’d been about to tell this girl, Tres, as much but she continued on, saying how she was representative of Evelyn Manning, the part-veela was vaguely aware of it because of his sister, but then again, it didn’t really matter to him. He hadn’t known Evelyn Manning and he didn’t know why this girl was bringing it up now. However, the statement from the girl that followed surprised him. She was asking him to the ball. Oh, Simon could not wait to tell Charlotte about this. He looked at the girl, and gave a little smile, hoping it would soften the blow he was about to deal, ”Tres, thanks for the invitation, but no,” he said, ”You seem fine, and those are some good connections and if I were your age maybe, but I’m a) not your age and b) I have a girlfriend, who I love, who I’ll be taking to the ball,” he knew that in his position as head boy he couldn’t be unnecessarily cruel to her, but he had to be clear. ”You should go for someone in your year, surely theres someone your own age, whose trying to build good connections and status too. Quidditch players, people in clubs, they’d be more useful to you in the long run of school than me,” Simon then added, he could at least help them a little. The part-veela would’ve been content to just leave it at no, but he knew that he could admit someone trying their best to better their position. He knew that status for some mattered, it didn’t to him, but he also knew that it was something that mattered to Charlotte.

How on earth couldn't anyone not know Uno?! Tres had to keep the surprise out of her eyes as she continued to quietly listen to the Head Boy reject her. She had expected as much, but she hadn't expected him to actually give her advice on how to better her own position with her peers. She swatted away the excuses he gave about not wanting to go with her to the Yule Ball, she really didn't blame him. It was his other words anyway that interested her the most. She tried to think about the people in her year, although most of them were just interested in messing around and getting in trouble that it made it hard for Tres to even get a look in. Simon was Head Boy, surely he knew some secrets about how to gain influence if he'd managed to convince even the professors he was above the rest. "You're in Quidditch." It was a statement, not a question, but Tres was connecting the dots in her head. Obviously clubs were important too but if she wanted to get noticed she couldn't just hang out with anybody. Her mind was suddenly racing as though she was against the clock trying to figure out the best strategy move, and it only now occurred to her that she really did care what other people in the school thought of her. "Can I say, that we're friends? That you've got a girlfriend so that's fine, we can't go to the ball together, but I mean you're really cool, and I'll tell them that if I can tell them we're mates now too?" she asked with a smile, nodding to the group in the corner that she was half aware were trying to peer over to the table to see how things were going.

Simon nodded at the statement, he wondered for a moment what was going on in the girl’s head as she seemed to make sense of what he had said. The girl, Tres, seemed nice enough, if he were younger he might’ve been flattered, though he was sure that Charlotte would’ve had a problem with it. She’d have a problem with this, even if he assured her that it really was harmless or she’d find it funny and he didn’t want to dishearten this girl too badly. At the question he shrugged a little, ”Yeah, sure,” he didn’t see how there would be any harm in this girl saying that they were friends. He didn’t mind it. His name was likely to be thrown around by others who didn’t know him. ”I don’t know how it’ll help you, but we can say we’re friends. It wouldn’t even be a difficult push, my sister, Noemie Van….sorry Snow, is Evelyn’s best friend,” he was still having to correct himself when he said his sister’s new surname. It was wild to him that she was married, that she was no longer a Vanity, but a Snow. If any of this would help Tres in whatever way she needed it, then he wouldn’t mind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back