All Night

Timmy smiled at his friend, and took Isaiah's drink from his hand and took a sip. The graduate nodded. It wasn't very sweet or sour. It actually didn't have much of a taste to Timothy. When a woman approached, he slowly grabbed Isaiah's hand. He didn't know why he felt the need to do so, but he liked holding Isaiah's hand. It was soft and kind of small, but that was because he was not as tall as the Hufflepuff. "Timothy." he corrected quickly before he spoke again. "Come dance with us." he smiled kindly before slowly started leading Isaiah to the center where all the dancing was.

Calum loved the feeling of his throat burning from the alcohol. It easily became addicting and he wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon. The teenager continued to down more and more cups of it and almost jumped when someone had come over to talk to him. He couldn't make out whether or not he knew the person from school as he felt his head spinning, but smiled a tipsy smile at them nonetheless. "The girls?" he said. He went to place his cup on the coffee table in front of him but missed, spilling the liquor all over the floor. Not noticing this, he continued to speak. "Let's just say... duelling. Annnnnd Pia's my girlfriend!" he exclaimed with a laugh. He didn't really understand what was so funny but went with it anyway. "What about you?"

Zachery grinned, ''I can't believe it.'' he said teasingly and sipped from his beer again. He smiled when his question was answered and looked at Jean, ''If Ailsa comes, please don't refer to either one of us as Evans, I reckon that poop would be very confusing.'' Zach told him, grinning widely. He turned his head once more to see if the blonde-haired girl was still there. She was. He hadn't seen her at school before so wondered if she was a friend of anyone currently at the party. The Beater turned back to Archie when they were offered something stronger than beer and said, ''I'll join you if you can tell me who that girl over there is.'' whilst pointing his finger at the blonde-haired girl.

Jean listened to Zachery before smirking. "Oh, I most certainly will" he chuckled. The Gryffindor felt an elbow and turned slightly to better hear Archie. "Bring it on, Archie" he replied, very happy to switch drinks. If the goal was to party, there was nothing like vodka to make that happen. He glanced in the direction Zachery had indicated, taking in the blonde. She was definitely a looker, and he made a face to suggest he thought Zachery had decent taste before bringing the beer to his lips. No sense in letting it go to waste.

Archie chuckled, immediately wanting to refer to both former Gryffindors as 'Evans' if Ailsa arrived. The confusion and annoyance it would cause the two of them would be too classic to pass up and he hoped Ailsa would arrive just for the fun of annoying her one last time. Though the prospect of both the other boys drinking something stronger was more important in that moment and caused Archie to smile before he looked over to Jean and winked. "You know if we had a competition, I would win. Ain't no question about it!" He then looked up and over Zachery's shoulder when the guy pointed to an unfamiliar blonde girl. Archie shrugged and sipped again from his cup, batting his free hand in the girl's direction. "I have no idea who she is, ask Kylie or something." If anyone knew, it would have been one of the hosts but all Archie cared about was drinking more, and drinking with his friends so he grabbed Jean's wrist and headed for the kitchen, assuming Zachery would follow them. He walked over to the bench where his bottle of Vodka sat, placing his red cup down and turning to Jean with a mischievous yet dopey grin on his face. "Do you think we should just do a bunch of shots? I don't see how else you could catch up with me!"

Sanne was stuck in this conversation with a random drunk fool with no way out but her own cup which was getting dangerously empty so she glanced over her shoulder to the kitchen, wondering if she could make a quick escape or if it was better to let the person go about with whatever they were talking to her about. The Dutch girl chewed onto her lip and nodded her head, as if she was actually listening to what he was saying to her. She fiddled with her wand in her pocket and wondered if it would be wrong to petrify him just to leave the conversation rather than awkwardly tell him to leave her be. Still she glanced around again and caught the eyes of someone looking at her from across the room and she smiled. He was cute and she had to admit would not mind terribly talking to him - at least he'd be more coherent than her current conversational partner who she turned back too although she did have the distinct feeling of being observed now that she had noticed.

Kylie blushed as she realized that she had interrupted Isaiah with a boy, Timmy or Tommy. She'd already forgotten his name but she was no third wheel so she patted Isaiah on the shoulder and said with a wink, "Have fun." She turned to walk off to find someone else to have fun with.

Jean almost choked on his beer in his rush to reply to the gauntlet that Archie had just thrown. He'd just used the words competition and win in the same sentence, and had already declared Jean a loser. "Are you mad?! No f***in' way" he replied, a laugh on his lips and his accent strong on the curse word. As he was being pulled to the kitchens for this challenge, Jean spotted the girl that Zachery had been looking at look in their direction. He glanced back to Zach and raised his eyebrows. "Go for it" he mouthed, nodding his head slightly towards the girl. Taking a seat on the bench, Jean looked up at Archie, his attention back to the challenge that he'd easily accepted. "Quit talking and pour the damn shots, Archie. You're so going down" the teenager stated, ready to earn an apology from his friend. "When I win, I'll expect a public apology" he grinned, reaching for the first shot.

Orwell smiled at her, watching as she downed her drink, and then when she told him to, he downed his own drink. He shivered at the taste as it washed down his throat, he coughed a little and then smiled at her, "DONE!" he exclaimed loudly before putting down his drink. He took her hand and lead her out to where others were dancing. He wasn't a particularly good at dancing, but he could feel even that one glass of alcohol as it went through his body. he took her hand in his and moved around to the music, "You look beautiful Pia," the boy complimented with a little smile, "You always do, but all day today you've been beautiful," Orwell told her with ease. And he was able to dance with her with ease. The boy liked Pia of course, they had always been good friends, and she had just excelled, he loved her speech, what she had said had been good, he had loved spending all those years with her in Ravenclaw.

Sure, Jean had an extra year of drinking under his belt, but that didn't mean Archie couldn't keep up or that he wasn't able to win their competition. He was affected by the buzz of the drinks already in his system but was completely confident in himself and determined to show Jean up, no matter what it took. It would mean permanent bragging rights and was the perfect way to spend time with his friend after being away from him for a year. "You're the one who'll be giving the apology!" Archie said to Jean while retrieving a couple of shot glasses. He lined them up and poured vodka into them, then reached for the glass Jean hadn't picked and brought it to his lips before downing the contents in one go. The burning down his throat caused Archie to cough and bring his arm over his mouth. But the momentary lapse didn't deter him from his goal and he soon returned his glass to the bench. "That's one." He said, looking up to Jean and waiting for him to do the same so he could pour another set of shots.

Pia raised her arms in celebration when Orwell finished his drink, then giggled as he grabbed her hand, leading her out to the living area. She spotted Calum in a different apart of the room, blew him a kiss and then gave him the widest of smiles when she noticed Rina was talking to him. She then stumbled slightly in her heels as she began to dance with Orwell though soon found her rhythm to the beat of the music. It really was a fun night, and the best way to give all those years of schooling a great send off. For the most part, Pia was ready to leave school behind and finally have the freedom of an adult, but she didn't want to leave her friendships behind, too. They were too worthwhile to give up on and she wanted to keep all of them. This of course included Orwell and Kylie who had been the kindest friends to her during the years. "Everyone was beautiful today!" Pia said, laughing at his compliment. It was kind of him to say something like that but she was just as beautiful as everyone else who had gone to graduation. Everyone had dressed to the nines and deserved equal amounts of appreciation.

Deciding to attend Kylie and Pia's graduation party had been an annoying back and forth in Ignacio's mind. On one hand he didn't want to go to a party filled with people he still considered to be children, but on the other hand he wanted to be there to support Pia and look after her if she needed it. Eventually the better part of him convinced him to go since he knew it was in everyone's best interests for him be there, playing the role of responsible older brother. Pia had always been terrible at holding her liquor, and would need someone to lean on then tuck her into bed at the end of the night. Ignacio didn't want to imagine something bad happening to Pia or her accidentally hurting herself so being there for the entire night was the least he could do.

When Ignacio finally arrived to the party he realized his decision to go had been the right one. Pia was stumbling around, attempting to dance to the loud music and making a mockery of herself but she did seem to be having fun. He chuckled and shook his head at her, but ventured into the kitchen instead of interrupting her, figuring she was still okay to be left on her own as he mixed himself a drink of whiskey and coke. There were many different people around him causing a ruckus with their antics. Ignacio kept his thoughts to himself and sipped from his drink as he walked back into the living room, nodding politely to the people he passed on his way. He made it to one of the sofas and sat down next to a pair of strangers, then attempted to make small talk with them. "Has it been a good night for you guys so far?" He looked around as he waited for an answer and saw Kylie standing across the room alone. He quickly smiled and waved her over, wanting to make sure she was alright.

Mireya had been told by her roommate, Marcel, that one of their neighbors had invited them to a graduation party that night. She knew the invitation was only extended out of courtesy so they wouldn't get noise complaints, but Rey somewhat appreciated the neighborly gesture. She still hadn't decided whether she was actually going to attend or not, but when she saw Marcel getting ready to leave, she decided she'd pop by. She was never one to turn down a night of fun anyway, and at least she'd have her roommate there for company.

When Rey* showed up, the place was a lot more packed than she thought it would be and she saw lots of people drinking copious amounts of alcohol they would surely regret the next morning. But she remembered her own graduation night so she knew the celebration was warranted. Rey squeezed by around the room and grabbed herself a cup of beer because it was the most readily available to her and decided to take a seat at the couch by someone. She'd find Marcel in a minute after she got a good look around the room. As she sipped her drink another guy sat down beside her and asked how her night was going. She turned and smiled at him with a shrug, "It just started for me," she said, raising her cup and taking a drink as a signal of the night getting started. "I'm Rey, one of the neighbors here," she introduced herself, "so I've got no reason to celebrate like they do, just here for the free booze," she joked. "What about you?"

*(sans glasses!)

Jean lifted his shot glass in a declaration of cheers before bringing it to his lips and tipping its contents down his throat. He brought the glass back down to the table with a small thud, the burn of the vodka sliding its way down his throat and chest. The need to cough like Archie lingered in his chest, but he forced himself to choke it back, letting a slow and deep breath out. It wasn't long before he had shot number two in his hand, ready to drink. Jean knew that this was a terrible idea, but it was a challenge and they'd have to turn in their Gryffindor robes if they bailed now. "If you want to give up now, I may let you go easy and not have to apologize in front of everyone. Maybe it'll just be the kitchen" he grinned at his friend, continuing his trash talking.

Zachery figured that Archie wouldn't know who the blonde-haired girl was, as he was not the one who threw this party. Zach looked at Jean when he nodded at the girl and smiled at his old teammate. He nodded as well to indicate that he would 'go for it'. While Jean was being pulled towards the kitchen by their friend, Zachery downed the last of his beer and stood up. Feeling confident, he grabbed himself another drink before heading to the girl. She didn't look too happy whilst talking to a boy he didn't know either. Zach smiled as he approached the two and asked, ''Enjoying the party?'' before sipping from his beer.

Rina frowned as she watched the drunk man struggle, feeling sad for him because he seemed to be overcompensating in some way even if she really didn't know him at all. "I don't really - I just delivered more alcohol and was invited to stay. How about this, Pia's boyfriend, you stay right here and I get you some water?" She smiled at him convincingly and patted his hand as she stood up to do just that. The girl was not going to take no for an answer on this one so she went to the kitchen and got some tap water for the boy whose name she didn't know. She didn't mind too terribly doing this for him but as she returned she spotted a very familiar face in the crowd. Looking as good as he did when they first caught up with one another stood Marcel and Rina smiled as she nodded her head slightly awkwardly at him while she gave a plastic cup full of water to the drunk boy and said, "Drink that. I'll check on you later." She didn't know what made her feel responsible for people the way she was but sometimes they reminded her of her pesky little brother who she loved deeply and knew she wouldn't want him getting into trouble from drinking like this. But with the belief that he would follow her advice, Rina walked up to Marcel and smiled, quite surprised to find herself in his company. "Hi. I didn't know you'd be here."

The back and forth trash talking brought Archie back to his quidditch days with Jean, causing him to smile at the nostalgia of it all as he poured a second round of shots. With the newly refilled glass in hand, Archie said "You're giving me an out already? Are you that scared you'll lose?" He downed the second shot, managing to stifle the urge to cough this time as the liquid ran down his throat. Saying that Archie was a lightweight would be an understatement, he had rarely drunk alcohol before and especially not straight alcohol in such copious amounts. With the third shot in hand, Archie decided to make a joke as a thought crossed his mind. "You know Jean, drinking alcohol like this is the straightest thing I've ever done." He could already feel the first two shots going to his head, but ignored this as he downed the next one. Sooner or later he was going to lose count but he was still coherent enough at that point in time to know that shot was number three. "Three." Archie said, returning the shot glass to the bench for the third time. "Still think you can beat me, snowball?" He taunted, moving his hands to the bottle of vodka to begin round four.

Marcel smiled widely when his friend approached him. ''Hi. I live in one of the apartments below, so my roommate and me were invited to come and celebrate too.'' the Magizoologist said before sipping from his drink. ''What about you? I didn't know you know that you know anyone here?'' he added, curious to know why she was here, even though he kind of figured it probably had something to do with the alcohol at the party. Marcel was glad to see Rina as he had been rather busy with work lately and had almost no time to drop by in the pub she worked.

"Please" Jean waved his hand dismissively. No way did he think he'd lose. The familiar burn hit his throat as he followed suit, downing shot number two. The teenager looked around the room, watching people converse and dance. It was a typical wizard teenager party. Eager to get ahead, Jean had already begun to drink the third shot when he heard what Archie said. Moving his hand quickly to stifle a laugh, Jean felt the burn in his nose this time, his laughter causing the drink to find another way out. "OW!" he laughed, squeezing his nose. The alcohol was clearly already getting to the both of them.

Watching the fourth set of shots get poured, Jean hoped one of them would remember what number they got up to. He'd have to beat it next time. "Think? Nooooo, I still know, man. Don't worry though...I'll make sure you get tucked in somewhere to sleep things off" he grinned, his accent growing heavier and his words coming slower. He raised the fourth glass in cheers as he brought it to his lips.

Kylie giggled excitedly when she saw Ignacio, or as she and Archie referred to him 'Papi'. She knew it was wrong to think he was so devastatingly good looking when he was Pia's brother and she was seeing someone else but she walked messily to his side and kissed him on both cheeks as a greeting. "I didn't think you'd make it," she said in Spanish paying very little attention to the girl he was talking to only because she didn't know her but Kylie turned to her and said happily, though her mood was generally pretty sour but getting better the more she drank from her cup, "Hi, I'm Kylie!"

Rey was drinking more of her beer when another girl approached the couch, mostly to talk to the older boy and she didn't blame him since she was pretty handsome. She had thought they were together or something, but when she caught the girl's spanish it was clear that the girl was somewhat surprised to see him here so her assumption seemed to be incorrect. Rey chuckled to herself and was going to leave them be but the girl turned and introduced herself. "I'm Rey," she introduced herself smiling brightly at the girl's energy; she wanted to be that level of drunk too. "Did you just graduate too?" she assumed, feeling happy for the girl.

Jean laughing enough to force vodka out of his nose was a sight Archie never thought he would see, but one he knew he always wanted to remember when it happened in front of his eyes. He was glad he hadn't drank his own shot too quickly and moved on to pouring the fourth set of shots, shaking his head clumsily as Jean mentioned tucking him somewhere safe to sleep away the alcohol. "Aww, you're such a caring boyfriend." He cooed, jokingly. Jean was as affected by the alcohol as he was, but Archie somehow believed he was the more sober one of the two as he continued trash talking. "But you'll clearly need to be tucked away more than I do. I haven't had vodka spill out of my nose yet." He clumsily held his newly filled glass towards Jean, almost spilling the contents but also not noticing his lack of co-ordination. "You're totally going to lose." He said before downing the fourth shot, able to let the liquid slide down his throat much easier than before in his inebriated state. "Ready for number five? Or are you already going to quit?" He taunted while returning his glass to the bench.

Ignacio could tell how evidently drunk Kylie was as she greeted him with a kiss on each cheek. He placed a hand on Kylie's hip to keep her from falling over and sipped from his cup before nodding in response to her. "I didn't either, but I'm clearly needed. How much have you had to drink?" He asked, concerned, though merely sipped from his cup again as Kylie introduced herself to the other girl on the sofa. Kylie was at least coherent enough to notice her surroundings and in a happy enough mood to keep him from worrying too much about her. Ignacio knew he shouldn't have been such a fun killer on a night that was meant to be spent drinking so he continued to sip from his cup, wanting to reach Kylie's level but also keeping in mind that he would need to be the more sober person at the end of the night, in case anything went wrong. Though as the whiskey and coke in his cup affected him, he slowly began to forget about being responsible and wanted to have as much fun as everyone else in the room. He smiled between Kylie and the girl that introduced herself as Rey while he drank, then answered Kylie's question for her. "Kylie is a new graduate, yeah." He sipped from his cup again, smiling wide at Rey.

Ignacio's reaction was not what Kylie had expected so she was a bit thrown. From her assumption she would've thought that Valentina would be the one to stop to fun - not the man in front of her. "No, no, no. You're only allowed here if you're going to be fun," Kylie said, hoping that he would not treat her like she was Pia. That definitely put a damper on how hot he was but as he started to drink she felt comfortable because she didn't want nor need a chaperone. She was an adult, after all. An adult with a degree too! Still he seemed to be calming down a bit as she spoke with the other girl near them which she was happy for and let her get distracted from Ignacio for a moment. As Rey introduced herself Kylie smiled and was about to answer the question when Ignacio answered for her and she started to wonder if perhaps she had interrupted another couple but rather than get embarrassed by it as she normally would have been she sat down next to Ignacio and took a sip of her drink looking over the girl before she asked, "I guess you know Pia?" This was her subtle way of asking if Rey had attended with Ignacio but she smiled - far too drunk to really mind much either way because she was seated and Ky desperately needed to be with how much she had already consumed.

"I know" he agreed with a light chuckle. He knew he'd been at least a decent boyfriend to Victoire, and he hoped that whoever he dated next would think so too. "Well, it's because I'm not a dumbass so you haven't had to laugh" he joked, lifting his glass, his fingers wet with the drink that was spilling down the sides. Jean wasn't exactly sure how much longer he could go. His stomach was beginning to protest, and that odd little rhyme about drinking beer before liquor played in his head. "Crap" he said aloud, though he wasn't even aware that he had. Forcing down number four, Jean jiggled his leg up and down as he forced it to stay down. He reached for the bottle, his grip slipping once before he captured it and poured sloppily for both of them. "I shoulda bet some galleons or something better than a 'pology" he shook his head at himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back