All Night

Archie's vision was blurred at the edges and his head began to spin whenever he closed his eyes, but he was determined to continue the competition knowing that if his demeanor showed so much as a crack, it would lead him to lose. A competition was more or less completely over when one of the competitors showed a sign of weakness. Archie did not want to be that person, especially when Jean was involved. Though he could feel the burn in his throat of his previous shots, and his body hum with the affect of the alcohol, he managed to ignore Jean's sloppy pouring and pick up the shot glass as it was filled. "If you wanted to bet something a little more interesting, you should have said so." Archie joked, winking as he clumsily leant in to nudge Jean with his elbow. Though as soon as he took a step to the side his balance gave way, forcing him to drop the shot glass and spill vodka over the counter. He soon recovered from the stumble and placed his hands on the surface to regain his balance. He laughed at his actions as he retrieved the glass. "I'm alright. Totally. Not a problem here." He looked to Jean and smiled, attempting to keep himself together.

Jean wasn't even aware how much time had passed. He took a look around the kitchen, noting that it was a lot more crowded than it had been last time he'd looked up or perhaps he was beginning to see double. Really, he had no idea. The nineteen year old only half heard his friend, but he threw an arm around his shoulder, playing things up in the hopes of being victorious. Really, all was fair in competitions like this. "If you quit now and let me win, I'll do whatever you want " he joked, wiggling his eyebrows back and forth though there wasn't an inkling of actually going through with doing anything for Archie. Jean wasn't sure he'd even make it back to the living room on his own. Anyway, he was pretty sure Archie was just as drunk as he was if not more so. He brought his glass up slowly, snickering at knowing he wasn't going to keep his side of the bargain if this went through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back