OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Reuben <3
Saveli hadn't expected this wedding to turn so sour so fast, but the minute she cracked down in the back yard and laid eyes on her father - out doing yard work - she broke down. Without even announcing herself, and much like she would have as a teenager - she threw herself around her father in a hug. Tears now flowed freely since she was out of public eye. "The wedding dad." She had of course told Monty that she was excited for the wedding she'd be attending. But things never worked out right in Saveli's life. "The girl. Gabe" She sobbed in broken parts trying to calm herself down. Her chest felt tight though adn her breathing was erratic, shaky, and unsteady. Was she going to faint? Saveli wasn't sure.

Monty could have done some serious damage to Saveli with the secateurs if he hadn't had the quick reflexes to drop them before she flung her arms around him. His heart pounded with the shock of her sudden arrival, the crack still an echo in his ears. "What? What do you mean? What's happened?" he said, pulling away to get a better look at her. Was it the children? Had something happened to the children? No - she'd mentioned the wedding, and... Gabriel? What did he have to do with it? Had they met? If he's hurt her, so help me God... "I can't understand you," he said feebly. "Come and sit down. Come over here." He led her to the pastel-blue shed he'd built for her years ago. All of the original furniture was still in it. An album full of dried flower cuttings lay open on the desk next to the sofa. "Have you just come from the wedding?"

The simple term mess was not enough to describe the emotional turmoil that Saveli was in. For years now she had convinced herself that her heart was healed. She had a family she loved with the man of her dreams, Gabriel’s holes didn’t exist. But she was wrong, so desperately wrong. Every time he’d punctured her heart she’d taped it up without fixing the issues he’d left behind. He was practically family, and like most others he had abandoned her leaving wounds that silence and hardening would never fix.

Saveli took a seat in the shed, looking around at every memory she’d ever made. Alone. With Roo. With Gabe. For nearly five whole minutes the blonde just cried, leaned against her father for support. When finally she could catch her breath, she spoke. “He was the groom.” She said. And that was not what broke her heart. She couldn’t care less if he had found his long lost twin and was rich on a ya jt - what hurt her was that she felt so helpless in his presence, weak to the fact he was the only person who had been able to break her so easily. “I thought if I ever saw him again I would rub everything in his face. That I was doing so well. Despite him never writing me. Despite every nasty thing he ever said to me. Despite the day when you came home and he left and I was a pile of rags on the kitchen floor because just seeing him made me afraid of someone leaving again. I thought I would rub in his face that I never needed him.” The tears still fled her silver eyes. “But I saw him and I... I suddenly couldn’t breath. And I felt like my chest...”

“Why am I not over this?” She asked herself more than anyone, so afraid to admit that maybe he’d broken her too much. Maybe she wasn’t repairable n

Monty sat quietly with one arm around Saveli, his mind racing unlikely but terrible possibilities. He'd learned not to rush her, but sometimes he wished she wouldn't leave him in the lurch. Then she said it. Gabriel was the groom. How? How could that have happened? Surely Reuben must have known who his friend was marrying. Monty fought the urge to interrupt until Saveli was finished. "Because he was your best friend," he said at last. "You trusted him completely and he betrayed you, more than once. It takes time - time and, in some cases, therapy - to get over something like that. So don't say that as if you should have moved on already. It's all right." He sighed gently. "I'm sorry. That must have been a terrible shock. How... how did it happen?"

It was completely pathetic, thought Saveli, that she should need her father to calm down. That she be a mother herself and still need to be coddled. The blonde listened to her fathwr’s explanation but shook her head. “Therapy. I was a one night stand not... not a victim.” She insisted. Then she thought. What if he was right. What if Gabe has screwed her up? Broken her. Was she broken? The blonde hid her splotchy face in her hands. “I don’t know. There was no formal invitation. Roo was just as surprised as I was. I just. Saw his face and bolted. I couldn’t even look at him.” She said with a sigh. “I just needed you...” She said, sounding like a child.

"No, I know," Monty said gently, though he didn't know how to explain what he meant. Now probably wasn't the time. He squeezed her shoulder, glad she'd come to him - glad that she felt like she could. Sometimes all Monty wanted was somebody to tell him everything was OK. He didn't have a parental figure like that. His mother could barely look after herself. "It's OK. You can stay here for as long as you need. Can I do anything for you? Should I get in touch with Reuben? Does he know where you are?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back