After Hogsmeade

ginny swum round him ignoring his question and took his hand and gave him the stone. 'like i said, you won.' she said and she swum back to face him. 'I'll race you back except i have to do it two times just to make it fairer,' she said.

Grande was confused "I didnt win. You did. You passed the line first." Grande said "Im really confused."

'Yeah, i know but still, you got here in one piece,' she said jokingly.

"Yeah I guess thats true." Grande said.

'Exactly. What do you want to do now?' she asked treading the water a bit faster.

"Well im getting cold so im going to get dry" Grande said as he began to walk over to his jumper, shoes and socks were and sat down beside them. The clothes he had on were wet but the grass he was sitting on was dry and the day was nice so his clothes would dry. Grande looked at Ginny who was still in the water and then layed back so that he was lying down on the grass on his back. Grande stared up at the sky and tried to make out what shapes that few clouds that were in the sky were making.

ginny dived in the water once more before walking out and soaking Grande all over again. She sat down and wondered what he was so interested in. 'What you looking for?'

"Hey" Grande said as he got wet and then just laughed. He considered the question Ginny had just asked him "Nothing in particular. I looking at the clouds to see what shapes they are. Its wierd but it makes you think. I like to think" He answered not knowing if what he had just said made sense. "That doesnt make any sense, does it?" He added

'Of course it does. Sort of. 'said ginny looking up to sky at the clouds. She tried to make sense of them but it didn't work. 'Actually, it makes no sense at all to me.'

"No it doesnt" Grande said looking at the clouds "Well it makes a bit of sense to me. Let me show you. Look at that cloud there" Grande said pointing to a cloud that was shaped slightly like the sorting hat "That one there. To me, it looks a bit like the sorting hat and the sorting hat makes me think of the sorting ceremony and all the memories i have of that. Like the first time i saw Katie and started to have a crush on her and that goes of to make me think of how lucky i am to have found a girl like her and how much i love her. Thats what watching clouds makes me think of." Grande said "Now you try? Unless it still doesnt make any sense what so ever."

'ok, i'll try,' said ginny looking at the clouds through staring eyes. She looked for a while before noticing she was staring at a cloud which was shaped like a snake. 'Oh look. A snake. This is great fun. I see what you mean,' she said happily.

Grande looked at the snake cloud that Ginny was talking about. The cloud moved a bit and Grande said "Well to me, it doesnt look much like a snake mainly because the clouds have moved but now to me it looks like a deformed guitar." Grande laughed. He was having fun.

'Your hat looks like a house now too and there's a horse's head next to that. Aww it reminds me of home,' said Ginny after laughing at her deformed guitar.

Grande laughed. "Yeah it does. Look at that big one there" Grande said pointing to a very large cloud that looked like the castle "It looks like the castle, dont you think?"

'I see it. It almost looks like hogwarts and there are all of the students,' said ginny referring to the folds of the clouds making dark patches looking like people.

"Wow, yeah" Grande said smiling. "Thats cool. What else can you see?"

'Umm...' thought Ginny as she scanned the clouds. 'There's a skull. And there's a tree that looks exactly like the Whomping willow,' said Ginny firstly pointing to a cloud and then to a black silouette on the top of the hill. She knew it wasn't a cloud but she had to say something to make her laughs after the skull which wasn't very happy like.

"Cool" Grande said "Look at that one." Grande said pointing to a small cloud "It looks like a hand."

'Yeah, i guess it does. A hand to grab you so that you can become a cloud,' said ginny jokingly, not relizing how nasty that sounded till after she had said that. She was turning more into her dad every day. Oh dear, she thought.

Grande smiled " I think it would be fun to be a cloud. Wouldnt you?" Grande said staring at the sky.

'No, with everyone looking at you all the time. you couldn't control where you wanted to go. The wind would,' said ginny jokingly.

"See now I'm completely different, I would like to be free. Being a cloud would mean i could do what i want, okay so i cant go where i want but i would see loads. People looking at you isnt bad because then you can get them wet." Grande said

'yeah but'ginny said, pausing to think of a good come back to change his mind,'You're exposed though. Nothing to cover you up. Some people like the rain after all.'

"Other clouds might cover you up. I don't mind rain but i prefer the sun." Grande said smiling "I would still like to be a cloud. Though I would prefer if i had the choice to be either a cloud or something else, i would pick to be star. Do you like the stars?" Grande said not sure if he had made sense.

'Stars? Umm, i quite like them, the way they make patterns though i like the moon better.'relied ginny. She felt stiff so she sat up and streched her legs quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back