Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hi all,

A common problem on HNZ has been knowing who owns what account (even if the account isn't secret), or what account it might be best to contact certain roleplayers on.
Hoping to address that issue, I had inklings of ideas of a page like the gradebook where people could identify their characters for themselves and for other people, as well as listing their main character.
Oftentimes, I ignore my great idea (the gradebook nagged at me for almost a year before it existed). This time, a suggestion by a member of the board encouraged me to get it done sooner rather than later.

So, I'm pleased to present to you the [member]Account Tracking System[member] (we'll affectionately call it "ATS" for now - competition to name this beast in MESSI's future? I think so).

Kick-tooshy. But how do I use it?
When you first visit the page (above) you'll be asked to specify your account as your main account, or a "subordinate" account (not your main account). So you should visit the page from your main account first. You input your OOC name, maybe a biography URL for the account, and that's it - your first (main) account is set up.

The system also gives you a "Linking ID" for all of your accounts. You can log in to your not-main accounts, and input their linking IDs to the main account, or you can save your main account's linking ID and insert it to every other account you have. Whichever way you do it, you will be connecting your accounts together within the system so that you can see a list of your characters (and their biographies, if you input them) and other people can find your characters as well.

I have an account I don't want anybody to know about...
Don't connect it. Don't set it up in the system. Don't give it an OOC first name. :p Pretty simple. ^_^

I share an account with somebody else...
See above. (Or link it to the person who registered the account/whose email the account is linked to.)

How do I find links to ATS - other than this announcement?
The "OOC First Name" field in people's profiles and beside their posts links directly to the page for that character within the ATS. Right now, while people don't have things set up, that might not be too useful - but once everybody's set (or almost everybody is) - it'll be quite handy. :) Just click their OOC first name and see the list of accounts they own, as well as what account they want you to reach them on.

How do I find other people in the system?
Search.
Searching by OOC name for "Kaitlyn" shows [member]these results[member]. (A fair list of characters. Now we all know. :shifty: )
Searching by character for "Patricia Styx" shows [member]these results[member]. (Apparently the purples can't get enough of their characters on HNZ.)

That's about all I can think of. There are a couple of nifty hidden features within the system, and it might seem confusing with me explaining it but once you get in to do things it's really fairly simple. (If Kaitlyn can do it, you can too. And that's a fact.)

If you have any questions or concerns, just ask and I'll try my best to help you out. ^_^

Best,

~Nick

Yes! This is totally awesome! I :wub: it! Thank you!

I find it nifty. But I didn't feel like listing the others I have. :r

Satsuke Nakamura said:
Now start using the "OOC First Name" profile field so I can find out who you're supposed to be and who else you own. :r

Nicolas King said:
Satsuke Nakamura said:
Now start using the "OOC First Name" profile field so I can find out who you're supposed to be and who else you own. :r
I should do that, shouldn't I? :p

this is a really great idea!!!!! <3

thanks Nick!!!! :D

Taylor Mercer said:
This is awesome, Nick! Sure it will come in handy, particularly to new members. ^_^
It'll be handy for some of the old members too...like me. I can never figure out who people's mains are. xD

Thank you Nick!

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
like me. I can never figure out who people's mains are. xD

Thank you Nick!
Great update nick. it is certainly berry useful. I have always struggled wondering who everyone was.

cyndi: I wasn't even sure who my own main was Nick had to tell me :r (Elvera or Briar it is now officially Briar :p )

I can't seems to connect my account for some reasons :erm:

That was amazingly not helpful.
There are no errors logged suggesting something is wrong with your account.
Did you click to see the webpage linked to in the first post?
If so: what do you see? What happens?

Nvm, its working now. It wasn't working earlier, I was typing the ID and it said something about error.Then I tried again by right click + copy and then paste, it worked.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back