OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Graeme hadn't stopped smiling since the news from Abby. It had been a whole host of news but all of it was so good, and he was so happy with it. On the one hand he knew that he'd be happy for Abby moving in regardless of the circumstances but it also was just so nice to be able to do it. The cottage that Graeme had was fan bigger than the one he had been raised in, but still very much a cottage, they could expand outwards and continue the roof space but not much more. Each of the rooms were of a relative size with warm fires, with protection spells to keep little hands away. Thee was currently the matter of them merging their lives together. Of bringing all of Abby and Zerrin's stuff into the house. It was a cold day outside, but there wasn't a wind and not cloud in the sky. The low midday winter sun hanging in the air. The fire's in the house were going and he was handing Fraser a box of linen and clothes for Abby in her room. He glanced back at his girlfriend, "I don't want you carrying anything heavy," he told her softly as he watch Fraser dash off with the box with little care about how he was moving. "Zerrin, just focus on your stuff bud, don't worry about anything else, and let me know if any of it is heavy,"

Fraser had been very excited when his dad had told him Zerrin and Abby were moving in. They were always so much fun and Abby made the best lasgna that he had ever tasted and really Zerrin was his best friend in the whole world so why wouldn't he want to share a room with him. He had immediately suggested them sharing despite them having the space to be able to have their own room. He was just always so pleased to see the other boy, to spend time with the other boy and now they'd be living together. He knew that Zerrin would be off to school soon and that would such, but he was going to make the most of it. "Liusaidh's at school right now, but she's really fun," Fraser was telling Zerrin all about all his aunts and uncles whom he was sure were now also Zerrin's aunts and uncles. "Aonghas is very serious," Fraser said before being handed a box by his father and immediately rushing inside to put it in his dad's bedroom so he could get back to spending it with Zerrin.

Abby couldn't believe this was actually happening. She'd sworn to never rely on anyone ever again, and here she was moving into Graeme's cottage. She had been bringing in a box, mostly just clothes and a few linens, and she pouted when Graeme took it. "Grae," She pouted, but shifted closer to him to push up on tiptoe and try to press a kiss to his jaw. "You worry too much," She looked to the boys, smiling softly at them. "I can't tell who's more excited, Fraser or Zerrin," She giggled softly.

Zerrin had been ecstatic to be moving to Scotland in the first place; but when he found out they were going to be moving in with Fraser and Graeme, he'd nearly blown a fuse. He'd been running around, practically bouncing off the walls, listening to Fraser ramble on as he gathered up boxes of his things. "You have so many people in your family," He laughed, chasing after Fraser with a box before racing back to their parents, looking up to Graeme with bright eyes. "Yeah, of course da- um, Graeme," He corrected quickly, a blush heating his cheeks. He turned to the boxes, looking through them for more of his own.

Graeme gave a little smile before leaning into her kiss, he knew he was prehaps worrying more than he needed to, but in his mind, this was absolutely the opportunity to spoil her, and make sure she didn't over do it. And really she'd worked so hard for so long, he felt she was owed just that bit of a rest that could be afforded to her now. "let me spoil you, and I'm most excited," the man teased her lightly before smiling to Zerrin. "I'll give you a hand Zerrin." he used his wand to get some of the boxes to move inside the house. Picking up one of the them clearly marked books, and then glanced back to Abby, "Love you sweetheart," he told her warmly. He hadn't said it in at least an hour.

Fraser had tossed the box on the bed as soon as he was in the room, and dashed back out to where his family had been stood. Dodging out of the way of boxes that had come in as he'd been tossing the box. He could spot that his dad was picking up another box and rushed to grab another one which his father quickly motioned to. It was another box of something rather lightweight but he was just happy to help out so that he could get to playing and spending time with Zerrin. The fact they could spend any time together and play at every opportunity was very exciting to Fraser. He couldn't wait to show him all of the cool things. He certainly hadn't been up since the crack of dawn with excitement. He definitely was beginning to feel that early morning hitting him. But he dashed with the box back into the house.

Abby laughed lightly, shaking her head at Graeme. He was adorable. "I'm going to go help Fraser," she told the boys, smiling as Graeme professed his love again. "I love you too, Grae," she countered warmly, picking up a box of linens again. "I'll have Fraser help me unpack a bit," She told them, thinking Zerrin and Graeme could use the opportunity to have some time to themselves. She smiled at her boys before walking inside to find her other son.

Zerrin smiled as some of the boxed floated inside, grabbing a smaller box with his toys and looking up to Graeme. He jogged with his box inside, stopping in his new room with Fraser and looking back to see if Graeme had followed him. "Are there any other boxes, Graeme?" He asked, focusing a bit to make sure he used the right name this time and didn't almost slip up again.

Graeme followed Zerrin into the house, knowing that Abby was following Fraser, or that Fraser would come find them. He nodded at the question as he placed the box down on the ground, "Aye, but don't worry, magic will bring it in," he told the boy. "We can just start unpacking your stuff," he took his wand and removed the tape from it, and started pulling toys out of the box. "This is a lot of change for you Zerrin, you let me know if Fraser gets annoying or you miss home?" he told him with a warm tone. He had something more to ask, but figured that he should start there. "If there's something you need or want, I can get it," he told him, he knew that with Abby here now, some of Zerrin's worries would vanish, given that he was helping her relax, and she'd be about more, but he still was sure that Abby would struggle to ask for things and If Zerrin needed something he'd be happily step in.

Zerrin smiled at Graeme, setting his things in with Frasers. He laughed lightly at Graeme's comment. "Thanks, I will," He told Graeme. He didn't think he would miss their old apartment. "I'll probably miss that stray cat mom and me were feeding, but that's about it," He ran a hand through his hair, though it just fell right back into his eyes. "I'm okay though, I'm just glad you finally got through to mom. I don't know what you did, but she looks happier now. That's good. I was worried she'd just be tired forever," He chattered, arranging his books the way he liked them.

Graeme gave a little smile and wasn't too surprised that the pair had been feeding a stray cat, hopefully it would be okay. "You're allowed a pet for school, if you want one just let us know," he told him, in case Zerrin did. it felt like he was repeating himself a little but he just didn't want Zerrin to think that his door wasn't open to him. He did think it was funny, they were all about to be tired in new ways with the baby. But he knew Zerrin didn't yet know about it. "There was something I wanted to talk to you about," Graeme started as he was helping put things away, "It's nothing bad, and it'll end with a question and I won't be offended if the answer to the question is no,"

Zerrin lit up when Graeme said he could get a pet. "Let me talk to Fraser first,", he countered, thinking it was only fair. He almost got lost in thought thinking about it when Graeme spoke again. Zerrin looked at him curiously, before his eyes got wide. "You're going to ask mom to marry you?" He gasped, however incorrect he might be, and smiled widely. "I mean, yes, obviously!!" He gushed, practically vibrating with excitement at the thought.

Graeme felt himself blush lightly at what Zerrin thought this was about. He gave a gentle shake of his head. "Not yet, but thank you for the blessing," he hadn't thought about marriage, his last one had been so difficult and ended so terribly that in everything with Abby he had not even thought about marriage, they were fine exactly as they were for now. but he did pocket the information that perhaps she wanted it. "This is about you," Graeme said softly, "Though I have spoken to your mum before I came to speak to you," Graeme had a toy in his hands and glanced back at Zerrin. "As Abby and I continue to forge our relationship, I want you to know that I see you as my son, that I love you like I love Fraser and nothing will change that for me. No matter what happens with Abby and I, you'll always have a place in our home, and so, my question, Zerrin, is would you like to officially be my son? I'd officially adopt you, you could take on the Fergusson name if you wanted to," Graeme said, he knew he'd be okay if Zerrin said no but he wanted the boy to say yes. "If you say no, I won't be offended and it won't change anything,"

Zerrin pouted. "Damn." He cursed under his breath, though looked back at Graeme curiously. If this wasn't about marrying his mom, what else could it be? His breath caught and his eyes widened as Graeme continued. He was speechless for a moment, the book he'd been holding dropping to the floor. He jumped as it hit the ground, the shock of the clatter bringing him back to his senses. His eyes filled with tears and he rushed forward, trying to crawl up into Graeme's lap.

Graeme was nervously watching Zerrin and trying to figure what his reaction would be. He didn't stop the book falling to the floor and he spotted that Zerrin was moving towards him, tears in his eyes. He opened his arms to the boy and let him climb up into his lap. It wasn't a yes or a no, but he would give Zerrin a bit more time to speak or say what he wanted. This was an answer in that that boy was happy to hear what he'd had to say about it. "So?" he prompted.

Zerrin curled up in Graemes' lap, hiding his face in the mans neck as his tears spilled over. He bit his lip, trying to hide it, though he pressed closer. "Do... do you really mean it?" He asked softly, proud of how his voice only barely wavered. "I... could um... could I call you dad?" He forced out, almost afraid to ask, his hands wrapping themselves in Graeme's collar as he clung to the man. He took a deep breath, and let out a very soft, very quiet "...yes..."

Graeme ran a hand up and down Zerrin's back, and he nodded, before not being sure that Zerrin was looking at him, or aware of what was being said, "Yeah, course son," he said before continuing, "You can call me what you want, but I wouldn't say no to dad," Graeme told him, he knew that Zerrin had almost called him it a few times, and this would just let him do it without having to worry about correcting himself immediately after. "You'll be able to take my name, if you'd want, but you can also keep Cromwell if you want it," Graeme told him softly, he was rambling a bit, still in shock that he was saying yes, but it was a good thing."Just, you'll be my son, through and through, nothing will ever change how much I love you,"

Zerrin clung to Graeme, hiding as much as he could in the man. He wished Graeme really was his dad. "I, um... I'd really like to be a Fergusson, too," he offered shyly, hiccupping a little as he tried his best to hide that he was crying. After spending most of his life knowing his birth father had abandoned them, it was... unbelievable, almost, that this awesome guy would willingly want him, even if by some horrible twist of fate Graeme and his mom broke up.

Graeme smiled at the boy and felt glad he wanted it, wanted this family to be more of a unit and he never wanted Zerrin to feel like an extra part in it. He knew that a lot of things were changing and he wanted him to always feel secure in his position. He moved his head and kissed the boy lightly on the head. "Zerrin Fergusson has quite a ring to it," he told him, he'd get into the details of it, and of the money he would leave for Zerrin. He knew they should get back to unpacking but he was happy to just hold him for a while.

Zerrin giggled breathlessly, nuzzling into Graeme. "When, um... when could we...?" He asked softly, before deciding to be a bit of a brat. He smiled impishly and leaned back, his cheeks still tear stained with more falling, and tried to give Graeme a devilish grin. "I think I like Abigail Fergusson better than Abigail Cromwell, don't you?" He asked, his voice only wavering a bit as he sniffled.

Graeme laighed lightly and nodded, "I've got it, message received," he joked back to the boy but he couldn't deny that Zerrin knew his mother better than most and if he was pushing it then likely he knew something that Graeme didn't yet. "Why don't we go take a look and see where they've gotten to?" he suggested to him.

Zerrin nodded, scrubbing his arm over his eyes, and jumped off of Graemes lap. "Sure! Where do you think they could have gone?" He asked, looking up at Graeme with an almost shy smile. Once the man had stood, Zerrin reached out hesitantly for the mans hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back