Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
*Open after Jasmine

Landon was happy to be back at Hogwarts for a brand new semester. The first week of classes had gone well and Landon was confident that he would have a good year with all of his students. One thing he missed about Hogwarts was always the food and Landon was excited to make his way to the Great Hall for breakfast that morning. As he arrived he found a place at the staff table to sit down. "Good morning!" he exclaimed, taking a seat next to the younger year's History of Magic professor. He beamed as he started buttering some toast before starting conversation. "The food here is great, isn't it? I try not to take advantage of it though, but it's good to know we're getting fed well!" Landon poured himself a glass of pumpkin juice. It was always good to catch up with colleagues at breakfast time before a big day of teaching classes and he hoped the History of Magic professor felt the same way.

This year Lillian was coming into Hogwarts with a semester's experience already behind her, giving her more confidence she could handle what lay ahead - not that she had ever believed she couldn't. But she understood better the requirements of classes, and was growing comfortable in the environment. Her classes were easier, too, now that the older years knew her and knew what to expect. There were still challenges she hadn't really tackled yet, however, and the most significant of these lay in getting to know her fellow professors. So when Landon (who seemed quite nice, though more sociable than Lillian) spoke to her, she resolved to start a conversation rather than make some vaguely agreeable comment and retreat into her breakfast. "Morning," she replied, smiling. "Yes, the house elves do a wonderful job. Good holidays?"

Landon loved it when his colleagues were happy to continue a conversation with him. He needed to make more friends, and it seemed that talking to someone at the breakfast table was a good way to do it. "The house elves are amazing! I sure hope they get paid enough. Slavery should not be condoned nowadays. We've come too far." he told her as he started to eat his piece of toast. "My holidays were good. Nothing I can't complain about." He shrugged, taking another sip of his pumpkin juice. He enjoyed breaks from work as it gave him some time to relax but he also loved his job and being able to see his student's faces again was brilliant, especially with the addition of the older years that he now had to teach. "I'm excited for today because the weather is excellent for gardening." he told her absentmindedly. "It must be boring staying in the castle all of the time. Do you get much chance to go outside?" Landon wasn't sure what teaching History of Magic was like but he knew it consisted of long lectures. "You're welcome to come and visit me anytime, if you want!"

((So sorry for the long delay!))

Lillian nodded thoughtfully. "I believe they do, yes. Hogwarts has a long history of being rather progressive when it comes to house elf rights; though I'm not sure how HNZ compares, I assume it's continued the same traditions." She took a long sip of her coffee; Lillian usually drank tea, but there was nothing like caffeine to wake her up properly in the morning. "Glad to hear it," she said absently. "Oh, it's not too bad," she replied, somewhat amused at Landon's attitude. "I daresay most of the professors spend most of their time inside." She approved of his enthusiasm for his subject, even if it seemed rather oblivious of what everyone else did. "I've been enjoying exploring the castle, both inside and out. It's delightfully anachronistic, and it's affording lots of opportunity for interesting photography - that's a hobby of mine." She smiled. "I haven't been to the greenhouse yet, so I may well take you up on that offer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back