A Friend for the Unfriendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satchel Howard

OOC First Name
Maia
Wand
Curly 8 Inch Flexible Beech Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Okay, so this is Satchel. He's not the most social of humans. Basically, Satchel comes from a family of pureblood supremacists, the Howards. They're typically dark humans, and expect all members of the family to follow this school of thought. Satchel doesn't. Until coming to Hogwarts, he only knew of his family's way of life, and while he never enjoyed their plots or scheming, he took part because that was what was expected. Within his cousins, he became known for coming up with clever plans to play cruel pranks or hurt people. This wasn't because he liked causing this damage, but rather because if he were in control, he could minimise the damage whereas if other family members were in charge, things could become more chaotic. Since coming to Hogwarts, however, he's found that the people here are much kinder than he's used to, and has come to actually like school. Over the holidays last year, while he was home, his father gifted him with as Californian kingsnake; named Plantain because of his banana patterning. It eventually came to light that Satchel is a parselmouth. The Howards were, understandably delighted, but Satchel was less so. He adores Plantain and counts the snake as his one true friend, but the family see his gift as some sign that he is destined to be a great dark wizard. This has led to his keeping his profile very low indeed while at Hogwarts, since he doesn't want to attract attention as the Gryffindor who went dark. For Satchel, I have something specific in mind. He isn't the kind of kid who would make a huge amount of friends, but he is very loyal to those he loves, including his family though he despairs of them. I'd like Satchel to meet someone he would see as his best friend, someone he actively cares about. Any ideas for plot would obviously depend on who that is, but I can foresee there being some drama with his whole family ethos.

Anyway, thank you for reading the rambling, and I'm totally open to any ideas you have. Satchel's a bit of an enigma at the minute, he's stuck between a rock and a hard place with his family situation and so I'm flexible with where I go with him.

Hi Maia! I don't know for sure but I thought my third year Hufflepuff Therese and Satchel had met once. Therese is kind of special in looking at people. She see's it as a talent to see the best in everyone. She doesn't care about what people think, she is very sweet and will act to everyone this way. She is very curious at people and their different personalities. She see's it as a challenge to meet with people such as Satchel. Therese will not give up on people and I guess we can plot them together?

Hey Maia :)

I have Sara, third year Slyth. She's a muggleborn so I think that would make for an interesting plot. She's quite similar to Jamie's character Therese I think in that she's friendly to everyone she meets. She is protective and loyal to the people she cares about and wouldn't hesitate to stand up for her friends if necessary.

The Howards are a mean old family but what can you do :r If you want later we can do a family plot as well, since I have Augustus.

Hey Maia! I have Maise Verdereau who is also a pureblood. She was brought up similarly because her parents expect her to live up to certain reputations. They were upset when she was placed in Gryffindor and now she's started to actively rebel against her parents. I think she would try and comfort Satchel about the whole Parselmouth thing if she found out about it, but currently she's pretending to be a muggleborn because of the reputation that most purebloods have!

I also have Dorothy Howard, his aunt or cousin, I can't remember which. She's an adult so she would likely be one of the family members who sees such a wide and dark future for him, since she was brought up in the same values, but unlike Satchel, agreed with them.

Hey Maia!

I have Syrus to offer but I'm not sure how they'll get along. Syrus a muggelborn and pretty much loud and obnoxious as they come. I figured if they were in the same house they would at least had bump into each other. So, if you're looking for a laugh, Syrus your guy. I'm thinking of applying for a dark plot for him in his fifth year. I'm debating over it. The more people involved the better. ;) :D

First of all; YAY REPLIES!! Thank you guys! :wub:

Jamie: I do think they met, so it'd be great to have them meet again and maybe remember each other from before. Satchel would definitely remember her, he's quite observant. I think he'd maybe be a bit awkward about her curiosity, but it would probably be good for him. I could start something if you like?

Clara: I've been dying for Satchel to become friends with a muggleborn. Up until now, he's mostly just met people and thought they were okay then found out their blood status but for him to actually learn a bit about muggle life as well could be great, so it'd be really fun to rp these two. Also a family rp could be fun, especially considering Satchel's new abilities. Would you have a preference about which to do first?

Teigan: I think the similarity of Satchel's and Maise's situations could be really interesting, especially since Satchel would still consider his heritage as something to be proud of while she's renounced hers somewhat, it could be cool to see her sort of winning him round more, because he knows blood purity is rubbish and yet he's still like "The Howards are a great and ancient family." I could start a topic if you like? Also, Dorothy is his aunt, I have Satchel's dad Danton, and aunt Danielle also if you're interested in doing something with the adults.

Madz: I actually think that Syrus and Satchel meeting could be hilarious. Satchel is quite self-contained and mannerly, he's surrounded by loudness and hysterics in his family though, so he's used to dealing with loud people. So, I'm definitely up for an rp. Would you like me to start one?

Satchel Howard said:
Teigan: I think the similarity of Satchel's and Maise's situations could be really interesting, especially since Satchel would still consider his heritage as something to be proud of while she's renounced hers somewhat, it could be cool to see her sort of winning him round more, because he knows blood purity is rubbish and yet he's still like "The Howards are a great and ancient family." I could start a topic if you like? Also, Dorothy is his aunt, I have Satchel's dad Danton, and aunt Danielle also if you're interested in doing something with the adults.
Yes to both. Maise would try to get him to see things her way, he'd probably pick her as a Pureblood pretty quickly given she's not that good at faking it. She'd also probably tell him if she thought it might help him somehow.

Howard fam: I'm always down.

I'm more active with Sara at the moment, so we could start with Sara and Satchel and then after that one we can do Augustus and Satchel? How does that sound?

Teigan: Perfect, I'll start a topic for Maisie and PM you when it's up

Clara: That's brilliant, would you like me to start something?

Yes please, I'm kinda swamped with roleplays and I have to finish something else too before the end of next week xD I can start the one between Augustus and Satchel after this one :)

Sweet! Okay, alright. So he being a little pr*ck, but we can just play it out. xD Sure! That would be great.

Topic Closed and Archived
This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back