A Day of Flight

Estrella cocked her head to the side. "Really? What color is it normally?" She thought the red looked nice, it wasn't overkill. "I don't think you'd look bad at all!"

Smirking, she chuckled, "Is she a beautician?" She was not used to anyone fawning over her, especially at this age.

She shrugged, smiling back at him. "I'm rather enjoying this," she murmured quietly, wondering if the feeling was mutual.

Jaken pointed toward the back of his hair, "Dark brown, and black in the winter." He narrowed his eyes, "Longer hair suits me. Just like it suits you."

Jaken nodded, "Yeah, a Cosmetician. She used to doll up Alessine, before we moved. I guess she just needs another female around." He grinned.

Jaken smiled, "So am I. Even when I crashed earlier." He wondered why she had been subtle about answering that. He decided to leave it be.

Estrella smiled broadly at Jaken, gladly that she had found someone she could confide in. Not completely, of course. There were still many things she was cautious about. She wouldn't open up to just anyone on their first few meetings. "That might be fun," she murmured, knowing full well that she had not had extensive contact with an adult female figure in her life for some time now. She raised an eyebrow. "Even when you crashed? Pain is fun for you?" she laughed, smirking at him.

Jaken grinned when seeing her smile. He kind of liked it. He chuckled, "Being someone's doll might be fun?" He shrugged. Jaken thought long and hard for a moment. What was the best part of him crashing? He smirked, finding what made it rather enjoyable. Still smirking, he replied, "Not the pain. Your reaction was something to remember." He added, "You were just so concerned..."

Estrella shrugged, smirking. "A girl thing probably. I like getting my hair done." She grinned broadly, her teeth flashing. She hoped to Merlin that there wasn't any junk stuck between her pearly whites. Wondering how she was going to have her hair done for the Yule Ball, she laughed at Jaken.

"My reaction? Well, I'm not that much of a heartless wench! I'm just glad that you weren't hurt!" she retorted, quite amused.

Jaken laughed, "I wouldn't know about girl and their hobbies." He smiled back. He felt rather anxious for the ball coming up. It was his first dance in a new environment, and he hoped that he would enjoy himself. And for his date to enjoy herself as well.

Jaken smirked still yet, "Even for someone that you barely know?" Jaken realized that if Estrella were to be in his position, he would have acted the same way. He probably would have carried her to the Hospital Wing.

Shivering as she looked back to Jaken, Estrella gripped her broom, wanting to descend quickly. She didn't know if castle doors were closed right after dark. Of course, she did not want to be the one to find out. "No one would expect you to," she laughed, "Hey, do you say we head back to the school?"

Laughing, she stated, "Even for someone I barely know. I don't like seeing people hurt, no matter who they are." She wasn't so sure she would say this of her enemies although these days, who were her enemies? She did not know if she even had them anymore.

Jaken noticed her being cold. He nodded, "Yeah, I think we should." He descended and stepped onto the grass. It was getting dark, fast. He looked up as he waited for her to come.

Jaken laughed at her statement. He smirked, "I couldn't be like that. Especially to enemies." Since he was at a new school, he didn't have any. Well, any yet.

Estrella inclined her head to Jaken, smirking at him as she swerved her broom, shuddering as the wind rushed past her on the streak. She would really need to bring something warm next time. Soon enough, she was skimming the grass with her shoes, accumulating enough drag to slow her down. Awkwardly she stepped off of her broom, dusting off her robes. The sense of elation that she had a date to the Yule Ball had not even begun to subside. And, on top of that, she was really beginning to think that she liked the Slytherin transfer, unsure whether to attribute the queasy feeling in her stomach to butterflies or the lack of supper. "I don't think I have many enemies, but I definitely am not the nicest at times." Be that as it may, she could not really stand seeing anyone hurt badly.

He smiled at her. He realized that he kind of liked her, as more than a friend. He couldn't wait for the Yule Ball. He walked beside her as they headed to the castle. Jaken replied to her last statement, "No one is nice all the time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back